AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

You're anonymous so LETS BE HONEST. 

for me its mostly C .. my life lacks passion and im a very emotional person so some games reach in and touch my soul 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

PLEASE, dont just choose the FUN option you guys ..... pick your biggest gaming reason please...

for me it's mostly C ... im a very emotional human being and i cant help it..

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Damien

Most specific poll ever?

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By delta_ass

The choices all seem pretty deranged except for H, so that's what I picked.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By clubsandwich

H, just enjoy to kick back, relax, and play to get away from the world sometimes forget about everything and just have some fun.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

Who doesn't play video game for fun?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
 @Damien said:
" Most specific poll ever? "

;] 

@Br3adfan said:
" Who doesn't play video game for fun? "
The 15 other types of people mentioned in the poll ?
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama

all of the above?

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By TheGremp

Well, none of these really describe me.  I suppose K might describe me a bit, but I'll just make my own... 

I have a big interest in games.  I love to see them evolve and hear about recent happenings/upcoming releases.  I love watching videos of games and reading about them here, but I actually don't play games all that much.  Most of my interest in a game involves new technology and mechanics that could revolutionize the industry.  There are some games that I thoroughly enjoy, but it's mostly just an interest of mine. 

I suppose I have the kind of view that a gaming programmer or website editor would have.  I like for gaming to be a part of my life, but it's really more than a hobby for me.  It's really a possible future lifestyle.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By kraznor
@Akeldama said:
" all of the above? "
Exactly, its a combination of pretty much all of those things. So, Other is my choice.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akeldama
@Kraznor said:
" @Akeldama said:
" all of the above? "
Exactly, its a combination of pretty much all of those things. So, Other is my choice. "
i feel as though picking one of those options kinda defeats the purpose. If you are playing video games for just one of those options, you are doing it wrong.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

C. As games are part of my soul, and i love the possibilities they offer. :)

Great poll ahmad!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Jeust said:
" C. As games are part of my soul, and i love the possibilities they offer. :)  Great poll ahmad! "
thanks mate :)  it was C for me too... but i think you chose it for the wrong reason?
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By mordukai

Quite a poll there.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Diamond

H.  The fun

but also because A (in terms of competitiveness), C (it's comforting), and P (I enjoy flashy wiz bang technology)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Delta_Ass:   @Br3adfan:  

Man, i ALWAYS make a mistake when i make a poll.. i shouldve built the "fun" option in a way that makes you think twice before choosing it.. things like "just for fun" and "all of the above" make it easier and they get chosen the most but my idea was : if there is one big reason, the biggest, which one would it be?  that shoulda been a part of the question :(  also, the f-u-n option should've ended with "and there's no other reason really.." which would make u go "wait a tick, i do have a big interest here other than fun and its [insert poll option here] " ... 

fuck.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeust
@Ahmad_Metallic: 

Naaaa, though it is true i do relate to other options, but games are a part of my soul emotionally and racionally :)

cheers
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Diamond said:
" H.  The fun  but also because A (in terms of competitiveness), C (it's comforting), and P (I enjoy flashy wiz bang technology) "
see... thats EXACTLY the answer that i dont want :(   that u pick "fun" cuz its the easiest option and THEN tell me "but also....this and that " without choosing them :(    read my reply to Delta_Ass and Br3adfan to know what im talking about. 

H is gonna be picked the most and this poll fails to me.
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By delta_ass
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass:   @Br3adfan:   Man, i ALWAYS make a mistake when i make a poll.. i shouldve built the "fun" option in a way that makes you think twice before choosing it.. things like "just for fun" and "all of the above" make it easier and they get chosen the most but my idea was : if there is one big reason, the biggest, which one would it be?  that shoulda been a part of the question :(  also, the f-u-n option should've ended with "and there's no other reason really.." which would make u go "wait a tick, i do have a big interest here other than fun and its [insert poll option here] " ...   fuck. "
Truly, your poll has met its Waterloo, good sir.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Diamond
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Diamond said:
" H.  The fun  but also because A (in terms of competitiveness), C (it's comforting), and P (I enjoy flashy wiz bang technology) "
see... thats EXACTLY the answer that i dont want :(   that u pick "fun" cuz its the easiest option and THEN tell me "but also....this and that " without choosing them :(    read my reply to Delta_Ass and Br3adfan to know what im talking about.  H is gonna be picked the most and this poll fails to me.
I think GB should have check box polls where people can choose more than one choice.  Like which system do you own and check boxes instead of A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC
Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Here's my own poll answer, "The Epicness"
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Diamond said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Diamond said:
see... thats EXACTLY the answer that i dont want :(   that u pick "fun" cuz its the easiest option and THEN tell me "but also....this and that " without choosing them :(    read my reply to Delta_Ass and Br3adfan to know what im talking about.  H is gonna be picked the most and this poll fails to me.
I think GB should have check box polls where people can choose more than one choice.  Like which system do you own and check boxes instead of A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC "
I dont think thats necessary here... we all have multiple answers to many polls but if we get to choose them all, whats the point? im sure when you're on the spot and must pick one, you'll pick the most important. unless the poll creator gives you a fucking "fun" option to easily go with.... this sucks :(
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Black_Rose

H. For fun.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Black_Rose said:
" H. For fun. "
i think im gonna get this poll locked if everyone just goes for Fun .. there's no point. we'll see
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jeust
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Diamond said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Diamond said:
I think GB should have check box polls where people can choose more than one choice.  Like which system do you own and check boxes instead of A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC "
I dont think thats necessary here... we all have multiple answers to many polls but if we get to choose them all, whats the point? im sure when you're on the spot and must pick one, you'll pick the most important. unless the poll creator gives you a fucking "fun" option to easily go with.... this sucks :( "
not all is lost. there are people that vote in other options :)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Claude

Pure unadulterated fun, my escape, my hobby... I stand proud. H.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bubahula

a combination of most, im intrested in the industry, i like the story telling and i like drawing stuff that is like things in games so im interested in what artists put in theirs. i also  love playing them because they are fun.
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Damian

L for me (among others up there). I love the escapism gaming gives me. Probably the number one thing that makes me turn on a console is reality.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mano521
@Br3adfan said:
" Who doesn't play video game for fun? "
i play video games cuz i like to blow the SHIT outa stuff.      explosions are the best part of any videogame 

mini-nuke in fallout 3 for example
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingclaw

I play videogames because i need the aceptation of comunities like this

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xyzygy

C for me, definitely. I get really, really into games which is why I love them so much :D

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Undeadpool

For me it was a toss-up between H and M...then I remembered I love Shining Force 2 and Breath of Fire...fun games, but those plots could be summarized on a cocktail napkin. Had to go with, H, dude.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#33  Edited By JackiJinx

Can Ahmad see why kids love the taste of Video Game Crunch? 

We just do!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@JackiJinx said:
" Can Ahmad see why kids love the taste of Video Game Crunch?   We just do! "
this poll without the H option, or with a more specific Fun option, would be fucking perfect.... FUCK
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GunnBjorn

P. Other. 

Sheer escapism, to escape from reality. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@GunnBjorn said:
" P. Other.  Sheer escapism, to escape from reality.  "
thats L for you, bro ..
joelalfaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joelalfaro

Because personally, while I still love other mediums, the interactivity of video games offers more interesting possibilities. It's still a virgin medium, vastly unexplored, even after few decades of lifespan.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By DCFGS3

Bit of mix between H and I for me. I also like to just crazy stuff, which is why Gmod appeals to me.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Bigbombomb
@Ahmad_Metallic: Whats wrong with having fun? That's my reason for playing video games and I don't have any other specific reason why I do.  
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic
   @Bigbombomb said: 
@Ahmad_Metallic: Whats wrong with having fun? That's my reason for playing video games and I don't have any other specific reason why I do.   "
here's your answer : 

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass:   @Br3adfan:   Man, i ALWAYS make a mistake when i make a poll.. i shouldve built the "fun" option in a way that makes you think twice before choosing it.. things like "just for fun" and "all of the above" make it easier and they get chosen the most but my idea was : if there is one big reason, the biggest, which one would it be?  that shoulda been a part of the question :(  also, the f-u-n option should've ended with "and there's no other reason really.." which would make u go "wait a tick, i do have a big interest here other than fun and its [insert poll option here] " ...   fuck. "
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GunnBjorn
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GunnBjorn said:
" P. Other.  Sheer escapism, to escape from reality.  "
thats L for you, bro .. "

Damn, you're right... 
I totally overlooked that.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Seedofpower

A compilation of A D C and H

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cornman89

M. Certainly not always, but all my favorite games are ones in which I not only had fun, but I was also experiencing a powerful narrative. I guess that's why I'm not so much into multiplayer. Can't really bring myself to shoot dudes in the face without some sort of story-based motivation...

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By bwooduhs

I picked fun because well... thats why i play them.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By Hamst3r

I play video games because video games allow me to do things i wouldnt do in real life. Sometimes I'm aggressive and all i want is to kick ass and kill everyone. Sometimes I just like BLOWING SHIT UP or zoning out with an Arcade game, because it's pure f-u-n. I'm also here for the intellectual games though, as well as ones that challenge my strategic mind, because of their engaging quality. I like to play all kinds of video games, not just one particular genre.

It's incredible how video games can create an alternative virtual world with compelling stories of human struggle, injustice, love and war. There are a few amazing video games that have a sentimental value to me.

I'm also interested in the industry. I could probably think of Other reasons too. Ultimately, I play video games because they're awesome.

Oh and I like giantbomb.

There. How about that?
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By demonbear

lots of stupid options, one very, very obvious answer and the guy specifically said not to take it in his first post...... wow....

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@demonbear said:
" lots of stupid options, one very, very obvious answer and the guy specifically said not to take it in his first post...... wow.... "
not all people just play to be entertained. i know some who buy call of duty every year JUST to get online and start making kills, and im not gonna give any more examples they're in the poll options. 

they arent stupid and they show gaming reasons, they ALL fall under fucking "fun" but pick one of them.... imagine that option H doesnt exist and then you'll see what im talking about
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I played games my whole life, I just didn't stop. I'm sure games are very entertaining, however it's a part of me that I can't live without.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Expletive
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11