• 70 results
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By Yummylee

I play specific games for specific reasons. Each option of the poll probably relates to certain games sooo in essence, all of the above I'd vote for.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By demonbear
@Ahmad_Metallic: Its call playing..... video..... games.....

I swear to god.....
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By guiseppe

The obvious answer is because it's fun, but I chose M.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By natetodamax

Too many options to choose from.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Alex_Murphy
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" PLEASE, dont just choose the FUN option you guys "
Well goddammit! I didn't read your post till AFTER I had already picked the fun option.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By natetodamax

Why would you put the fun option in there if you're going to tell everyone not to choose it?

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Other. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By penguindust

E & L are basically the same thing.  Either could have applied to me, since one of the reasons I enjoy gaming is the distraction from reality.  I tend to enjoy movies, TV show and books that are not strong dramas based in the real world with real people.  I have no interest in entertainment about the harshness of life because I have my own life.  Why would I want to spend two hours watching someone else struggle?  Gaming follows that same rule for me.  I just want to get away from the tediousness of daily life for a few hours and focus on someplace more fun.  I guess I could have chosen "Fun" too but you asked to avoid that choice, so I picked "L".  Games are escapism.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By armaan8014

too much to tell

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By zeforgotten

If we're not allowed to just pick the "fun" option, why the heck did you put it there? That just seems silly :P 

Other: I play games because it's my job to review them. 
But I also, even tho' I am not allowed to do so apparantly, play them for fun when I finally get home

tedbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tedbear

I simply love BLOWING SHIT UP. (Optional: i wouldnt mind being in the army so i can blow REAL shit up)

Welcome to the Giant Bomb website

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#62  Edited By xatmos

The "fun" option is too much of a generic catch-all, of course the majority (I won't say all, maybe there's a masochist gamer who hates games..) of people "have fun" playing video games, but there is likely a more specific and more significant factor (or at least a more interesting one..) that draws them to video games in particular, as opposed to other sources of "fun" - I think many would choose a different answer if they stopped and reflected a bit, or were more open.

For me, and I think the others who picked C, there was no question; I knew it fit right away. Then there's L which I'll admit applies too. I'm definitely a bit of an escapist and probably a bit repressed. I play RPGs almost exclusively. My favorite games are those that bond you to the characters emotionally. I hate short and shallow games - no matter how "fun" they may be they won't keep me playing.

Pojomofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pojomofo

Mostly for fun, but they do have sentimental value as well. Best form of entertainment in my opinion. why watch someone blow shit it up when can control the guy blowing shit up?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By mracoon

Your polls a bit too specific because I play games for several of the reasons you listed. The main reason is because I find it enjoyable and if I didn't I don't know why I would ever play games.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By alexl86

This poll is entirely pointless.

Most people have a multitude of reasons for playing Video Games, there's no main reason. You play them because you like more than one aspect of them. What aspect you like most depends as much on the game as it does on your opinion. I doubt I'd even play if all I did was solving puzzles or blowing stuff up all the time.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Metasin
@Abyssfull said:
" I play specific games for specific reasons. Each option of the poll probably relates to certain games sooo in essence, all of the above I'd vote for.   "
This^^^ 

Also the way in which you wrote the options adds some assumptions about the gamer that wouldn't necessarily hold true. 
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Snail

Other: Because they are the most awesome thing ever.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#68  Edited By Symphony

Had a funny feeling the moment I clicked the link there wouldn't be an "all of the above" selection. Lo and behold... Well cept for G. That one's just stupid.

Honestly, this poll is all over the place with some answers being more designed for a "What kind of gamer are you?" question than the initial "Why do you play video games". 

For the amount of work you put into this poll it really does baffle me that you left out an "I play for a lot of reasons" type of answer.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By eroticfishcake

Can't say I can give you a good answer. Not with these options anyway since they're very specific. Although one reason I like them is because I'm doing something as opposed to watching a movie. I get bored sitting there.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iam3green

i picked C it is something that i need in my life. it keeps my mind up and doing something. it is also a good thing for when it's the winter time as i don't like the cold.