Why Is It Every Time Microsoft Get A Game To Go Multiplatform...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

... everyone calls the end of Sony. Now I understand that the more titles Microsoft secure the lesser reason that the current mass of 360 owners will have to pick up a PS3. Likewise I understand that the lower price may attract people who are ONLY buying a console for, say, GTAIV or FFXIII or whatever.

What I don't understand is that people seem to ignore the fact the game is MULTIPLATFORM. I still look back to Microsoft's E3 conference and think - hang on... all these game they're showing are coming out on PS3 (Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, their big announcement FFXIII) and I don't get how people get so super-stoked over these games that at the end of the day ARE multiplatform.

As the exclusive begins to die out why is it that people seem to take the words MULTIPLATFORM as the words "360 AMAZINGZZ, PS3Z IS DEADED". Surely that would happen the day a franchise such as Tekken 6 becomes EXCLUSIVE to 360 and Namco say - hey, there's no point in us putting this out on PS3 anymore.

I respect Microsofts business model - secure copies of every Playstation franchise that the entire gaming community is interested in. Kudos for pulling it off.

I just don't understand this "PS3 is dead" talk just because the developers spend so much money making these games they need to secure a return.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

I just like the fact that every 360 troll (not every 360 user, most of you guys are cool) hates every ps3 exclusive - but as soon as its multi, becomes the biggest fanboy of it ever!!

How many people hated final fantasy with a passion, until it could be used as forum flame bait??
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

Final Fantasy XIII was going to be my only reason for buying a PS3, but now I don't have to. I never flamed anyone though, or rubbed it in anyone's face. I feel pity for anyone who feels the need to do something like that.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

Meh, i own both systems but to be fair  ONLY reason i got a PS3, was for MGS4...
However, i agree a lot of 360 users do declare they have the better system due to getting a mulit-platform release? I mean... What the fuck.

Still, fanboys will always exist. However fucking sad they are. Like do you really think blindly defending a console/a fucking machine is cool?! If so GTFO xD

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

It's basically just what defines a fanboy...those who act that way are just douche bag fanboys.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By PureRok

Why did I get a negative rating? Did some Xbox fanboy get pissy because I didn't agree with them, or did a PS3 fanboy get pissy because I said the only reason for me to get a PS3 was FFXIII? Either way, those are both retarded reasons, and the least retarded that I could think of.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't hate PS3 exclusives or the PS3 for the matter, I simply believe that the Xbox 360 is the superior console. As to me not even looking down on PS3 users, I can even understand some of the attraction. In fact, I'm jealous that they have Warhawk and we (the 360 userbase) don't. That game looks like it kicks ass.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Demilich

I don't really have an allegiance, PC is my platform of choice. But Sony is the underdog and I'd like to see them succeed. Especially when I look back at the PS2 days and how great it was. I don't give a rats ass about Gears or Halo, but if those games went over to the PS3 I'd feel fine with the whole multiplat thing.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
Levio91 said:
"Some people buy ps3s before they know games like ff13 and gta4 are going multiplat but then when they do theyre dstuck with a ps3 so theyre mad. this is why i dont buy consoles til they become really cheap and I can buy alot of cheap games at gamestop."
My Dad does that. He's always a generation behind. He's currently playing PS2 and GameCube games.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
Demilich said:
"I don't really have an allegiance, PC is my platform of choice. But Sony is the underdog and I'd like to see them succeed. Especially when I look back at the PS2 days and how great it was. I don't give a rats ass about Gears or Halo, but if those games went over to the PS3 I'd feel fine with the whole multiplat thing."
It's kudos to Microsoft and Nintendo to even think that the Playstation is the underdog. When you consider the strength of the brand and the domination of the PS2 - it's amazing!
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio
get2sammyb said:
"Demilich said:
"I don't really have an allegiance, PC is my platform of choice. But Sony is the underdog and I'd like to see them succeed. Especially when I look back at the PS2 days and how great it was. I don't give a rats ass about Gears or Halo, but if those games went over to the PS3 I'd feel fine with the whole multiplat thing."
It's kudos to Microsoft and Nintendo to even think that the Playstation is the underdog. When you consider the strength of the brand and the domination of the PS2 - it's amazing!"
I personally think that Nintendo is the underdog this generation. Sony was the mighty king and then ended up crippling itself with poor decisions.  They're at the same state that Nintendo was in years ago.

Every exclusive Microsoft buys from the PS3 just gives gamers another reason not to own it. Sure, the game will still be on PS3, but why buy another console when you can buy the game on the system you already own.

And because of this, more and more developers will just end up making multiplats, or taking their exclusive IPs to other consoles with larger install bases to make more money.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich
get2sammyb said:
"Demilich said:
It's kudos to Microsoft and Nintendo to even think that the Playstation is the underdog. When you consider the strength of the brand and the domination of the PS2 - it's amazing!"
I should have said PS3, not Sony.

PS3 is the underdog of the trio.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

I think it's because one of the *huuuuuuuuge* fallback points of Sony trolls and fanboys is usually "holy shit look at our penis-enhancing exclusives!" That usually gets countered by Microsoft's rabid sports fans yelling "blawgh we has the best multiplatforms, nd we dun brag bout xclusives but we gots em". It's an endless cycle, and when a PS3 exclusive goes to multi-plat, xbots usually go nuts and playstation fans tend to throw their hands up in the air and yell "CURSE YOU TOM GREEN!"

If that makes sense to you. Which it should.

RobNBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RobNBanks
OmegaPirate said:
"I just like the fact that every 360 troll (not every 360 user, most of you guys are cool) hates every ps3 exclusive - but as soon as its multi, becomes the biggest fanboy of it ever!!

How many people hated final fantasy with a passion, until it could be used as forum flame bait??
"

I wish all PS3 exclusives were on 360. I would really love to play games like Killzone 2, MGS4 and WKC on 360. I already have a PS3 but I prefer the 360 over it. None of my friends have a PS3 and most games are boring when you play with people you don't know.

But what can you do? Fanboys will always be ignorant and annoying. I found it best to just laugh and read another thread.

What I hate is how everyone assumes Microsoft paid for these games that were once Sony exclusives. Do you think it could just be the fact that they know they can make more money by also making their game available on the 360? If Wii had hardware like PS3/360 most of these games would be on the Wii aswell.

I'm not saying they didn't buy any but why throw out the possibility that developers saw that they can make even more money by selling their game on 360 and PS3 instead of just PS3?
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb

And then the PC fanboys view their lesser console brethren as Neanderthals who don't deserve any good games, because (of course) they are far superior to us controller wielding retards.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

360 has the market share, so anything that means people don't have to buy a PS3 is one more nail in their coffin.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Demilich
Levio91 said:
"psp and nintendo ds is outselling 360."
Really genius?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By atejas

....Meanwhile, the Wii watches the proceedings with a vaguely amused expression on it's face.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb
atejas said:
"....Meanwhile, the Wii watches the proceedings with a vaguely amused expression on it's face."
I dunno how people can hate on Nintendo. I don't care if I haven't played my Wii for months. They were heading the way of SEGA and they rescued themselves with genius business (and STUPIDLY RISKY) decisions.

Makes you remember how important Pokemon was for Nintendo. Kept the dark days alive.