User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

I dunno if this is a leak from a reliable source, but here they are:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
They will be showing this off in June, so we just have to wait to get this confirmed :)
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nux

The system looks real enough but the controller looks a little off.
jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

I sure hope this isn't real, if Wii remotes are still £30 then what the hell is this going to cost.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well the top picture is a mock up, based on the supposed leaked images. I'm not convinced about it. The touch screen is going to make that controller crazy expensive. Unless they're also going to do a screen-less version for additional players.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sayishere

Oh man, i dont want to buy a new console, but i guess Nintendo are luring me in as they always do

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Th3_James

Man, fuck these screens on controllers. Thats what handhelds are for. I play games on my 40" screen from 3-4ft away with my sound system. I don't want to play a console game while looking at the controller.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Nux: a little...? lol
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By falconer

No Caption Provided
Another case closed.
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By danimal_furry

wicked!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nux

@Th3_James:

Yeah, that kinda of defeats the purpose of TVs.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Voxatron

" the most developer friendly sdk" sounds promising enough, I guess.  personal screens seriously though!?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro

Those images are about a week old, and that controller is a bad mock by IGN. 

These images of a "Project Cafe SDK", surfaced today:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RockAction

interesting they announced this without building up anticipation for an expected surprise a E3
although, now it means people will be looking forward to their conference rather than the others

the controller looks strange, even if its a mock up, the idea behind it seems odd, 
but its nintendo, i'm sure it makes sense, the technology is there now for them to explore their ideas
read in another article, miyamoto saying 3DS could be used as a controller, wonder what the point of the console is

really looking forward to E3
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

That controller seems fake, and the console seems a little plain for something a company would want to attract attention with.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro
@RockAction said:
"
interesting they announced this without building up anticipation for an expected surprise a E3
although, now it means people will be looking forward to their conference rather than the others

the controller looks strange, even if its a mock up, the idea behind it seems odd, 
but its nintendo, i'm sure it makes sense, the technology is there now for them to explore their ideas
read in another article, miyamoto saying 3DS could be used as a controller, wonder what the point of the console is

really looking forward to E3
"
Apparently these have the closest resemblance to Nintendo's own, according to 01.net who earlier revealed the project name and specs:

No Caption Provided

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NathanStack
@ShaggyChu:

Think about it for a second.

One of the biggest problems with the Wii is that developers have to try and adapt their games to a completely unique platform. Nintendo wants game companies to know that Cafe will be much easier to develop games for. Being able to develop a game alongside the PC/360 version instead of having to do something totally different is a huge selling point
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falconer
@familyphotoshoot: Okay, that does make sense. If that is real, it must just be a bad translation then.
AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AxleBro

looks dumb. what will it even do? why would the everyday consumer be drawn to this, the wii was like "get your kids off their asses" this is "put them back on their asses with scary technology". casual family's will not buy this. and those tools who only play cod and call themselves "hardcore gamers" think the nintendo logo on a thing makes it for pussies and wont buy this.... who is this for? us? because i don't want this either

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MisterChief
@Contro said:
" Those images are about a week old, and that controller is a bad mock by IGN. 

No Caption Provided

"
How is the LED on when it isn't plugged into a power source? This is a pretty weak fake.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Why put a screen on the controller why?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@ShaggyChu said:
"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "
Why does that close the case? It is an brilliant selling point to developers, publishers and investors that games are easy to port from Xbox 360. That isn't something they're going to boast about to the general public, but to publishers & developers you're absolutely going to push the fact that they can easily port their games from existing consoles.
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Cazamalos

yaay! 80$ for a controller!

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By baldgye

I'm just curious how this is gona play with the 3DS I just bought :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those controller screens better be 3d.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dan_CiTi
@MisterChief: The back doesn't even look like it has a proper power slot or anything much. I mean it looks kind of like a real SDK, but...eh. 
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By swoxx

Yeah...no

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By zidd
@Contro said:

No Caption Provided
"
That looks a little familiar
No Caption Provided
1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 1p

Those controllers would be expensive.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Contro
@MisterChief said:
" @Contro said:
" Those images are about a week old, and that controller is a bad mock by IGN. 

No Caption Provided

"
How is the LED on when it isn't plugged into a power source? This is a pretty weak fake. "

If it's real, It could be a Sleep Mode (colour blue signifies Sleep Mode on 3DS) powered by an internal battery, one which charges itself when the machine is powered on.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "
Why does that close the case? It is an brilliant selling point to developers, publishers and investors that games are easy to port from Xbox 360. That isn't something they're going to boast about to the general public, but to publishers & developers you're absolutely going to push the fact that they can easily port their games from existing consoles. "
Somthing just occured to me.....
Could this be a portable console? All the playing goes on in the controller. And the work on that thing we saw? 

Nintendo says this console would be " Different" In some interview. "Well they say " rethinking" 
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By falconer
@MattyFTM: Yeah, I realize that now. Familyphotoshoot pointed that out to me earlier.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32  Edited By Sin4profit
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "
Why does that close the case? It is an brilliant selling point to developers, publishers and investors that games are easy to port from Xbox 360. That isn't something they're going to boast about to the general public, but to publishers & developers you're absolutely going to push the fact that they can easily port their games from existing consoles. "
Could this be a portable console? All the playing goes on in the controller. And the work on that thing we saw? 

Nintendo says this console would be " Different" In some interview. "Well they say " rethinking" 
"
that's a good point, it would at least explain/justify the screen on the controller. Dunno though, if that's all it is then i don't really have any interest in buyin the thing.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Sin4profit said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "

"
that's a good point, it would at least explain/justify the screen on the controller. Dunno though, if that's all it is then i don't really have any interest in buyin the thing. "
Someone also said nintendo has been talking about wireless gaming or what not....The screens people are guessing seem large...and a console with even the Wii graphics via hand held that you can take with you could be call : Innovated" 
readymix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By readymix

what if the wiimotes were compatible with this new console and the new controller with screen is sold separately (possibly for "hardcore" players).

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By zidd
@readymix: That would be a mistake and just lead to what happens now with the classic controller with barely any games in the library actually supporting it.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#36  Edited By Sin4profit
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Sin4profit said:
" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "

"
that's a good point, it would at least explain/justify the screen on the controller. Dunno though, if that's all it is then i don't really have any interest in buyin the thing. "
Someone also said nintendo has been talking about wireless gaming or what not....The screens people are guessing seem large...and a console with even the Wii graphics via hand held that you can take with you could be call : Innovated"  "
i created this mock up sketch of how that would go about.  
No Caption Provided
they would still be able to add in things like street pass and you could play multiplayer with anyone you come across. Also if the "Project Cafe" can up stream video to the controller i'd be willing to bet there would be a receiver you'd plug into yer TV to upstream video to the TV making it easy to take the console with you.
could be interesting in that regard.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By JasonR86
@amir90:

It looks a little fake to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sin4profit said:

" @Sin4profit said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "

"
Someone also said nintendo has been talking about wireless gaming or what not....The screens people are guessing seem large...and a console with even the Wii graphics via hand held that you can take with you could be call : Innovated"  "
No Caption Provided
they would still be able to add in things like street pass and you could play multiplayer with anyone you come across. Also if the "Project Cafe" can up stream video to the controller i'd be willing to bet there would be a receiver you'd plug into yer TV to upstream video to the TV making it easy to take the console with you. could be interesting in that regard.
"
I was actually thinking about somebody doing something like this the other day. Funny to see these theories being thrown around now.

A central unit sending video out to a handheld. You could sit in front of your TV if you wanted to, but if you wanted to get up and walk around, you could switch it to the controller screen. There is also the possibility of doing what your sketch shows if it had an internal battery. That would at least explain why the LED is on on that SDK unit even though it's not plugged in.

How well would something like this work? Would people actually be interested in it? Who knows, but if there was one company that would try it and successfully sell the idea to people, it's Nintendo.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By Yanngc33

Hey, I found a real picture of it

No Caption Provided
ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

No really, am I the only one who thinks this code name is dumb?
Also, none of these pictures look like things nintendo would sell. They want to keep their casual audience. I'm predicting bright colours (probably white) with round edges. Also small and portable. Not many buttons
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Khann said:
" @Sin4profit said:

" @Sin4profit said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "

"
No Caption Provided
they would still be able to add in things like street pass and you could play multiplayer with anyone you come across. Also if the "Project Cafe" can up stream video to the controller i'd be willing to bet there would be a receiver you'd plug into yer TV to upstream video to the TV making it easy to take the console with you. could be interesting in that regard.
"
I was actually thinking about somebody doing something like this the other day. Funny to see these theories being thrown around now.

A central unit sending video out to a handheld. You could sit in front of your TV if you wanted to, but if you wanted to get up and walk around, you could switch it to the controller screen. There is also the possibility of doing what your sketch shows if it had an internal battery. That would at least explain why the LED is on on that SDK unit even though it's not plugged in.

How well would something like this work? Would people actually be interested in it? Who knows, but if there was one company that would try it and successfully sell the idea to people, it's Nintendo.
"
Someone on neogaf says all those things are fake. 
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shiftymagician
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Khann said:
" @Sin4profit said:

" @Sin4profit said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

"
No Caption Provided
Another case closed. "

"
No Caption Provided
"

"
Someone on neogaf says all those things are fake.  "
Someone on the Internet says it's fake too, whoop-de-doo.  No matter what a source 'says', they can't definitively 'prove' unless they have definitive sources of evidence like the document from Nintendo Industrial Relations.  They likely are fake as with most images that come around speculation time, however like all things I'll just wait and see what happens at E3.  It will be interesting to see what this new console will actually do.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ShiftyMagician said:

Someone on neogaf says all those things are fake.  "
Someone on the Internet says it's fake too, whoop-de-doo.  No matter what a source 'says', they can't definitively 'prove' unless they have definitive sources of evidence like the document from Nintendo Industrial Relations.  They likely are fake as with most images that come around speculation time, however like all things I'll just wait and see what happens at E3.  It will be interesting to see what this new console will actually do. "
I think someone said its a picture that came around when the Wii was announced.

Also Pyarmid removed. 

But anyways. If this happens....I called it. 
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By shiftymagician
@The_Laughing_Man:  Yea sorry about the pyramid hehehe.  Also it would be hilarious if that turned out to be true.  Either way I would personally second your call as there is nothing concrete yet about how the system will look.  My stance would change if we get another case like the one for the 360 slim where it actually got traced to a proper source (If I remember correctly.  Correct me if I got that wrong though).
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Woah that would be crazy if you can carry a console with you anywhere and play games. Maybe that's how they have 3d because of the screen nintendo uses.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ShiftyMagician said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:  Yea sorry about the pyramid hehehe.  Also it would be hilarious if that turned out to be true.  Either way I would personally second your call as there is nothing concrete yet about how the system will look.  My stance would change if we get another case like the one for the 360 slim where it actually got traced to a proper source (If I remember correctly.  Correct me if I got that wrong though). "
If they can carry it..they could have 3D like the 3ds...also Nintendo is ALLL about gimmicks...And they did sate this console would be different then others. 

The 360 slim started as a rumor then some stupid german site posted pics of a 360 hard drive or something. Then a day before E3 an advertisment picture was leaked 
niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By niamahai

console as a streaming device, controllers as the receiving unit?!!?! with waggle controls?!?! and mario?!!?!?

if Cave Johnson created a console this would be it. For Science! 
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Dalai

The rumors and speculation for this device is bordering on batshit insane... and I'm gonna buy the hell out of this console whatever it's gonna be.

It's great to dream and all, but nothing is confirmed other than there will be a new console. We'll all find out at E3 what the fuck this thing actually is.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48  Edited By the8bitNacho

The console itself looks pretty real, but the controller just seems like some sort of mock design based off what has been leaked/rumored over the last couple of weeks.

D_kay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By D_kay

I don't believe any of these leaked pics. The controller looks crappy, so does the console. Nintendo will definitely bring a better design than this gray bulk.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sooty

More like...Wiinvented.