Wow so many good games out now.

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Edited By BigDo6

Well let's see, in the last couple of weeks we have seen the release of a ton of great games. Shockingly enough there were so many of them, that I haven't even been able to play them all. So instead of forcing myself to post about each one in detail, or not mention them at all, I'll hit each one quickly. Though at some point I probably will write about Fable 2 in greater detail, due to my insufferable man-crush on it.

The List

Gears of War 2 - "Bigger, better, and more bad ass" - Meh, I know it's pretty much the same game as Gears 1, but didn't we all like that game? And, if so what is the f'ing problem with that, I ask?

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Ever play Metropolis Street Racer? No? Come on it was made by Bizarre Creations... The guys who made PGR? Still nothing? Aak, what do they teach in this place! Alright, well regardless it was a highly addictive and engaging street racing game for the Dreamcast, and it was legendarily hard. That basically sums up Midnight club:LA. It might make all other racing games feel like Big Rig Racing, or it could make you want to throw your controller out the window. Just like Rex... ah the frustration can be beautiful.

Fable 2 - Close your eyes, tell yourself Fable was a terrible nightmare, you woke up this morning and realized that all your memories from Fable were merely figments of Peter Molyneux's imagination. Now open your eyes... And, quit your bitching 'cause your gonna play Fable 2 and love it. Why, you may ask? Because, it is a beautifully realized, 30-40 hour adventure in the most gorgeous environment you could possibly imagine, with engrossing combat, endearing characters and the best gimmick in this console generation (your dog). Open your disc drawer takeout Oblivion 2 (Fallout 3) and witness the power of Molyneux when he has Microsoft exec's kicking his prissy English ass into delivering on his wild promises.

Wrath of the Litch King - Did you ever play WoW? Then you already know what WoTLK is going to play like. Some quick changes to mention. Deathknights look cool. It has two separate, but not mutually exclusive starting zones. A revamped Stormwind, with the long promised barbershops. Oh, and on a side/sad note a European guild has already beaten all of the released content, already.

Dead Space - RE 4 + Event Horizon + MGS 4 camera work. Sound good?

Left-4-Dead - This is what any of the "            of the Deads" best scenes would play like. Lot's of hectic fun mixed with some really refreshing co-op dynamics. What's the catch then? Ah, that's simple it's only 4 hours long. And, steam game development has a motto, "FUCK XBOX USERS!". So expect as much content as Team Fortress 2 got, which for those keeping score at home... would be nothing.

Fallout 3/Oblivion 2 - Dead lifeless world. I'm not describing the landscape, I'm describing the game. Fallout 3 feels archaic in all aspects. NPC's routine is relegated to only what they were specifically coded to do, it's like playing a RPG on a pinball machine. Inventory management is clunky and outrageously needy. The combat is awkward at best and intensely frustrating at worst. Some skills in the game are absolutely necessary for story advancement. Do they tell you that while you're making a character? Of course not, that's so early 90's. The interface, though similar to that of the original Fallout is so incredibly hard to navigate that you'll long for the days when a third Fallout game was nothing more than an internet forum rumor. I'm being harsh I know, but if there is one thing I have given Fallout 3 its plenty of second chances.

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BigDo6

Well let's see, in the last couple of weeks we have seen the release of a ton of great games. Shockingly enough there were so many of them, that I haven't even been able to play them all. So instead of forcing myself to post about each one in detail, or not mention them at all, I'll hit each one quickly. Though at some point I probably will write about Fable 2 in greater detail, due to my insufferable man-crush on it.

The List

Gears of War 2 - "Bigger, better, and more bad ass" - Meh, I know it's pretty much the same game as Gears 1, but didn't we all like that game? And, if so what is the f'ing problem with that, I ask?

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Ever play Metropolis Street Racer? No? Come on it was made by Bizarre Creations... The guys who made PGR? Still nothing? Aak, what do they teach in this place! Alright, well regardless it was a highly addictive and engaging street racing game for the Dreamcast, and it was legendarily hard. That basically sums up Midnight club:LA. It might make all other racing games feel like Big Rig Racing, or it could make you want to throw your controller out the window. Just like Rex... ah the frustration can be beautiful.

Fable 2 - Close your eyes, tell yourself Fable was a terrible nightmare, you woke up this morning and realized that all your memories from Fable were merely figments of Peter Molyneux's imagination. Now open your eyes... And, quit your bitching 'cause your gonna play Fable 2 and love it. Why, you may ask? Because, it is a beautifully realized, 30-40 hour adventure in the most gorgeous environment you could possibly imagine, with engrossing combat, endearing characters and the best gimmick in this console generation (your dog). Open your disc drawer takeout Oblivion 2 (Fallout 3) and witness the power of Molyneux when he has Microsoft exec's kicking his prissy English ass into delivering on his wild promises.

Wrath of the Litch King - Did you ever play WoW? Then you already know what WoTLK is going to play like. Some quick changes to mention. Deathknights look cool. It has two separate, but not mutually exclusive starting zones. A revamped Stormwind, with the long promised barbershops. Oh, and on a side/sad note a European guild has already beaten all of the released content, already.

Dead Space - RE 4 + Event Horizon + MGS 4 camera work. Sound good?

Left-4-Dead - This is what any of the "            of the Deads" best scenes would play like. Lot's of hectic fun mixed with some really refreshing co-op dynamics. What's the catch then? Ah, that's simple it's only 4 hours long. And, steam game development has a motto, "FUCK XBOX USERS!". So expect as much content as Team Fortress 2 got, which for those keeping score at home... would be nothing.

Fallout 3/Oblivion 2 - Dead lifeless world. I'm not describing the landscape, I'm describing the game. Fallout 3 feels archaic in all aspects. NPC's routine is relegated to only what they were specifically coded to do, it's like playing a RPG on a pinball machine. Inventory management is clunky and outrageously needy. The combat is awkward at best and intensely frustrating at worst. Some skills in the game are absolutely necessary for story advancement. Do they tell you that while you're making a character? Of course not, that's so early 90's. The interface, though similar to that of the original Fallout is so incredibly hard to navigate that you'll long for the days when a third Fallout game was nothing more than an internet forum rumor. I'm being harsh I know, but if there is one thing I have given Fallout 3 its plenty of second chances.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas
BigDo6 said:

tell yourself Fable was a terrible nightmare
"
The first Fable was great, shut up.
BigDo6 said:
Oblivion 2

Dohohoho.
I agree, though, it's starting to get stale now that I'm at Rivet City.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90

go knock yourself out

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zityz

Only problem(s) is that Fable 2's main story is hella lot  shorter than fable 1/lost chapters story, the lack of armour options( or clothes whatever)oh and the end "boss" is sorely pathetic. Those points aside the game is great.

Fallout 3  is a decent game, it was fun, ending kills it all.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
zityz said:
"

Only problem(s) is that Fable 2's main story is hella lot  shorter than fable 1/lost chapters story, the lack of armour options( or clothes whatever)oh and the end "boss" is sorely pathetic. Those points aside the game is great.

Fallout 3  is a decent game, it was fun, ending kills it all.

"
Not actually.  The thing is that in fable 1 you had to do a couple of side missions in order to get the the main missions.  Killing hobbes has any relevance to the main mission?  Really?
Overall Fable 2 is much longer though
oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By oraknabo
atejas said:
Dohohoho.
I agree, though, it's starting to get stale now that I'm at Rivet City.
The Vault 112 and Oasis missions completely turned this game on its head for me. Just when I think it's getting stale, it does something to make me like it again.