Wow wow wow wow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

What the shit is going on?

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's welcome our all new Korean overlords.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew Drew would be the death of us all.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It was only a matter of time until the bots came back, and they have come in force!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

@beforet said:

It was only a matter of time until the bots came back, and they have come in force!

I'm sure we'll see them about 24 hours from now too, as this has been happening every day for the past week or two. There was a response from an engineer (I can't remember who) that said they're leaving the spam on the site to train their spam detection to catch it automatically, rather than manually deleting. It means it hangs around for longer but hopefully it'll get better in the future?

Can't say I've seen any improvement.

As an aside the fact that any threads the spambots post in remain bumped even once the spam message is deleted is a bummer, since there are loads of random necro threads taking up the early pages on Recent Discussions now.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods needs to give a couple of Europeans some mod powers. This shit is getting cray cray.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman

I knew Red Dawn was a warning to us all. There's like 3 and half pages of this shit. Anybody know what they are saying?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: I think it's passports and boner pills.

Everything a gamer needs?

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that "I am not a robot" captcha form isn't working too well, then.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand, they even seem to be posting comments on some older threads. I mean - they've even commented in this thread. Someone hold me, I'm scared.

xhaktmtjdnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of it seems to be spam for um special massages? Why GB it's all in English not the most natural place for Korean spam messages.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By mike

@bollard said:

As an aside the fact that any threads the spambots post in remain bumped even once the spam message is deleted is a bummer, since there are loads of random necro threads taking up the early pages on Recent Discussions now.

I've been complaining about this for years, it didn't used to be this way. Will just put in a ticket last week to have this behavior reverted to how it originally was, so now deleted posts won't be taken into account for the age of a most recent reply.

@splodge said:

Mods needs to give a couple of Europeans some mod powers. This shit is getting cray cray.

We have plenty, but there is only so much we can do when the spam threads are coming in literally every 5 seconds. It's an engineering issue, not a moderation issue. They're working on it I assure you.

At any rate, yes it's spam and yes the engineers know about it and are working every day to figure out a solution.