xbox 360 portable game system!!! Lets make it happen!!!

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I want a xbox 360 controller style portable gaming device.
Halo to go!!!
Sweet!!!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

That would just be a desperation move imo- testing the water with a mobile market in which they wouldnt stand a chance with the well established competition- wouldnt even wanna try to test those waters

And after 3 -halo is done!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

Microsoft don't have the resources, the need, or the want to try and penetrate the handheld market. People said Sony couldn't do it given Nintendo's vice-like grip on the portable market, but they did (just about) and now we have mobile phones to compete with, Sony stepped in at just the right time, but developing a handheld console nowadays would be suicide.

If you're really pining for some handheld Halo, either devote your life to tracking down a rom/cart of the DS Halo tech demo (or if it was fake, option #2) or build yourself an Xbox 1 portable or Xbox 360 laptop ala Ben Heck's designs. He has a book you can buy detailing most of his portable console projects.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

That is the one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting points for it. So this is totally not a bad Idea.
In fact, the reason I bought a Zune is because of a certain E3 broken promise that I would be playing Zuma on my Zune and getting points for it. And then we get checkers and hexic without points.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freakin

the closest you'll get now is getting one of those monitors you connect to your 360 and some sort of portable power supply.   You might also need to start lifting weights to build the muscles you'll need to lug that around.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freakin
Is Zune technically MS' portable system?  I know nothing about it, but maybe their plan is to morph that into playing games sometime down the road.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cspiffo
keyhunter said:
I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting points for it. So this is totally not ... [more]
I don't think it's a broken promise yet.  The Zune has had a problem penetrating the market.  The new Zune HD is promising to have that tighter integration with the 360 that you've been waiting for.  If history is a good indicator I'd say they would also make the previous Zune generations compatible as well.

At this point I'd like to see what Microsoft would have in store for us in the portable gaming arena.  It almost feels as if there's a big hole in the Portable market without one of the big three dukeing it out with the others. 

Competition is good for all.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By keyhunter
cspiffo said:
keyhunter said: I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting points for it. So this is ... [more]
Zune HD doesn't have any buttons. That makes it pretty fucking useless as far as games go. And I don't plan on watching Mp4's or WMV's ever on anything ever. Just no.
On the bright side, I'll probably get medals on my Zune account for listening to music on my XBOX 360! And maybe It'll let me transfer Carcassone over to my Zune or someshit. That would rock.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cspiffo
keyhunter said:
cspiffo said: keyhunter said: I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting points for it. So ... [more]
No buttons has been working out just fine for Apple, don't you think?  I'm just sayin'.
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eclipsesis

lets not make it happen

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Teh_Eel

Taking on Nintendo in the handheld market now would be suicide.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Fragstoff:

No worse than the laptop batteries put out by a certain other company I won't name then.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By keyhunter
cspiffo said:
keyhunter said: cspiffo said: keyhunter said: I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting points for ... [more]
Obviously not, everything on the iPhone\touch\pod\apple product controls and plays like crap. We're talking about a gaming platform here, not even the nintendo DS goes without buttons and its main gimmick is a touch screen. Videogames demand buttons. The only good game without buttons I can think of is Kirby Canvas curse, that's not enough good buttonless games to warrant an entire portable gaming platform's design.
Avatar image for the_dude_abides
The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By The_Dude_Abides

I thin there's room for a new hand-held out there. Certainly a handheld i could get some use out of, because the DS is an oudated piece of technology, and the PSP is just crap with no good games. If MS could come up with an Ipod Touch type machine, with gaming the main focus i'd be interested.

Whiplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Whiplash

iPhone FTW

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine

I don't want one, Xbox games wouldn't work well on the go. Maybe an XBLA device would be cool.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cspiffo
keyhunter said:
cspiffo said: keyhunter said: cspiffo said: keyhunter said: I actually stopped playing my other portable platforms because I'm not getting ... [more]
That's true.  DEVELOPERS would have to find ways of produceing content that is DEVELOPED properly for the platform.  Right now I'm playing Pheonix Wright On my DS.  A game like that works wonderfully on a touchscreen system.  Maybe the problem is that your expectation for a portable game are different than what is offered on the Iphone and "probably" the Zune HD.  That's cool.  that still doesn't make these portables any less of a gaming platform.