Your First Red Ring of Death

FLASHG1T23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FLASHG1T23

I remember when it first happened to me, Just casually playing my year old Elite playing a little bit of Batman arkham asylum when suddenly the colours went funky. I ignored it and simply thought it was just a glitch, so the next day I hit the power button only to be greeted with a blue screen on the tv and the dreaded RRod.

So I'd just like to know what was your first experience getting the RRod.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By yoctoyotta

My Elite ran strong from August 07 until earlier this month. I booted it up one day, played some Geometry Wars, and then tried loading a disc-based game and the thing just froze after leaving the Dashboard. Thankfully, MS thought I still had a month or so left on the extended 3 year RRoD warranty, I would have been a sad camper had I needed to pay money. I already got a replacement back from them, they got a decent repair process.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

I knocked it. 
Got RROD. 
Paniced. 
Tried again. 
RROD. 
I pushed the power lead more firmly into the back. 
That fixed it. 

So I don't know if that counts. Other than that minor incident, my elite has been perfect since I bought it Xmas 2008.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaycee13

I was playing "Condemned: criminal origins" and it happend right at a scary part where I opened a locker and some dude with no arms or something was there. Shit myself and then cried.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

Never had RROD. Sold my launch 360 before it had a chance to. Bought a Jasper later on. Only play it about once a week so hopefully it will last me a good long while. 

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

I had two 360's die on me, both were E74 error's, and not the red ring.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By uniform

My first 360 was a refurbished unit purchased from a local gamestop. The RRoD was present the moment I turned it on for the first time. I took it back less than an hour after purchasing it and they gave me another refurb. Took it home..same thing, RRoD. Brought it back to the store again, and they proceeded to tell me that was the last one they have. They called another store location and sent me there to pick up my third refurbished 360. I think you can guess what happened when I got it home. When all was said and done, I finally got a working refurbished 360 on my fifth unit, third store location. It's served me well for three years now, but I've learned my lesson. My next console will be brand new.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By mfpantst

I've had no RROD's or errors and my xbox is black.  i guess that black length correlation was true.  Hmm.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

After about 4 hours in.... though it was second hand and a year old when I got it.