Your wish list of classic games to have remake or remastered ports? (As of February 22nd, 2023)

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear classic gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

When I was browsing through some of the classic shoot 'em up games being ported to modern gaming platforms like G-Darius (By Taito), Ikaruga (By Treasure), etc. While I noticed some of them haven't got remade or remastered to modern gaming platforms like the original R-Type Final, Great Mahou Daisakusen/Dimahoo, and much more.

So this inspired me to create a thread to see you guys share your wish list of classic games to get a remake or remastered ports for modern gaming platforms (In regardless of the gaming genres).

My wishlist:

• RalliSport Challenge series (Developed by DICE and published by Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios)
  • Racing Evoluzione/Apex (Developed by Milestone SRL and published by Infogrames/Atari SA)
  • Enthusia Professional Racing (Published by Konami)
  • Project Gotham Racing series (Developed by Bizarre Creations and published by Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios)
  • Ridge Racer 7
  • Motorhead (Developed by DICE)
  • Sega Rally Revo
  • Scud Race
  • MotorStorm series
  • F-Zero GX
  • Blur (2010 Game)
  • Quantum Redshift (Developed by Curly Monsters and published by Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios)
  • Interstate '76
  • Interstate '82
  • Burnout 1
  • Burnout 2: Point Of Impact
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Burnout 4: Revenge
  • Spy Hunter (1983 Game)
  • Spy Hunter (2001 Game)
  • Spy Hunter 2 (2003 Game)
  • Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
  • R-Type Final (It would be great for those who missed out or wanted to relive their fun memories)
  • R-Type Delta
  • Gradius V (Developed by Treasure and published by Konami)
  • Raiden (1990 Game)
  • Raiden II (1993 Game)
  • Raiden DX (1994 Game)
  • Aero Fighters series (By Video System Co)
  • Battle Garegga
  • Einhänder
  • Great Mahou Daisakusen/Dimahoo (The last Mahou Daisakusen installment)
  • Killzone series (To be remastered for PS5 and PC, ideal for newcomers or those who wanted to relieve their fun memories)
  • Time Crisis series
  • Silent Scope 1, 2, EX & 3 (Published by Konami)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (To be remastered for Nintendo Switch's successor)
ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I’m completely blind to the idea of anything beyond a Dino Crisis Remake in the RE Engine, until that actually happens at least. Then I’ll be blind to everything except a Dino Crisis 2 Remake.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

An actual big budget remake of Chrono Cross. The original is an all time classic (much like Trigger), but a remake could reinvigorate the series. It'll never happen, though. Square could care less about anything but FF nowadays.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By judaspete

I'd love a remake or reboot of Hexen. It's one of those games that has a great concept and world, but I just don't have the time or patience the obtuse puzzles. Flipping a switch in zone five that gives no indication it just opened an unmarked wall in zone 2, almost makes me appreciate Nathan Drake saying, "I think I need to stick this cube in that square shaped hole right next to it".

Geist on Gamecube was a FPS where you played a ghost trying to posses people, animals, and inanimate objects. It was fun despite loose controls and an unstable frame rate. Fix all that with a remaster, and a good game could become great.

Microsoft should remake or remaster Freelancer, just to troll Chris Roberts.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

A full overhaul remake of Front Mission 3 would be epic, as its the best game in the series by a mile. And it would be sick if the internet in the game actually acted as a genuine internet browser. The internet in the PSX version of the game was already impressive for being faked.

A remake of Final Fight, given the recent rise in good quality beat'em ups lately. The sequels haven't been that great, so remaking the original game first and seeing how it lands would be for the best.

A remake of Parasite Eve would be great. A modern sequel to that game would be great too.

And speaking of Final Fantasy, a remake of FFIX with the full FFVII remake treatment would be nice. I don't care if it turns out to be a stealth sequel either. Since I wouldn't mind a sequel in that game's setting. According to a so-called leak that happened over a year ago, this might happen. We'll see.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GTxForza

@mechashadow84: I've heard these days, Square Enix (The publisher) is not as good as their old days, yeah I can imagine a big-budget remake of Chrono Cross is going to look so good and I hope it won't end up like Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

@allthedinos: It will be great to see Capcom's Dino Crisis series remake, it's perfect for players who love to virtually hunt down dinosaurs.

@av_gamer: Great choices, if Final Fantasy 9 Remake started its development I wanted it to be good.

@judaspete: This is my first time hearing about the Hexen (Developed by RavenGames and published by id Software) and Geist (Developed by n-Space Inc. and published by Nintendo), I can see both of their gameplay is pretty fun but I'm speechless to describe on both because they're pretty disturbing to me, oh I can admit you have good choices for your wish list.

Anyway, if you're curious to know what is Great Mahou Daisakusen/Dimahoo (2000) which I have on my wish list, it's a medieval-themed shoot 'em up game developed by Raizing/Eighting and published by Capcom for the arcades, here is a video that I've found.

Loading Video...

For unknown reasons why Great Mahou Daisakusen/Dimahoo is the only Mahou Daisakusen installment never got ported to home gaming platforms (PC & consoles) at all.

Sidenote: Overall, I'm not a big fan of fantasies in general.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By alianger

Star Fox, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Secret of Evermore, Shadowrun, Lost Vikings, Dragon View

Solomon's Key, DuckTales 2, Guardian Legend, Crystalis, GI Joe: Atlantis Factor, Goonies 2

Golvellius: Valley of Doom, Power Strike 2 (GG), Tails' Adventure, Ghostbusters, Zillion

Panorama Cotton, Quackshot, Landstalker, Ecco: Tides of Time, Phantasy Star 3-4, Starflight, Shadowrun, Kid Chameleon, Monster World 3-4

Gargoyle's Quest 1-2, Kingdom Crusade/Legend of Prince Valiant , Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, Blaster Master Jr./Bomber King 2

Ultima III-VIII, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Warcraft II, Dungeon Keeper, Cannon Fodder, Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood, It Came from the Desert, Exile (C64/AMI), Space Quest 3 and King's Quest 4, Paradroid '90, Loom, Ultima Underworld 1-2

Panzer Dragoon Zwei & Saga, Bulk Slash, Shining Force III

Soul Edge/Soul Blade, Suikoden, Brave Fencer Musashi

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Mega Man Zero

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that I am probably the only one but I would be absolutely overjoyed if they ever remaster or make a sequel to Afrika for PS3. I hunted that game down across Canada and I loved every second playing it till my PS3 died.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parasite Eve is almost too slow to play, and would look good with a fresh coat or paint. While they're at it they should at least release PE2 world-wide.

AnchorsAhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allthedinos: well...how do you feel about Exoprimal. It seems to have...all the dinos

I'm gonna add Ready 2 Rumble Boxing to the thread, and will echo Soul Blade. I would also say F-Zero GX, but I think I'd rather they make a new game instead.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Let's return all the old FromSoft bullshit back to modern gamers, since they'll eat any garbage.

King's Field, Eternal Ring, EverGrace, give em all the Demon's Souls treatment.

Bivis87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Deus Ex and also Shenmue 1, 2 and 3.