This is so good, also where's the QL?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@nickm: 2020 was a bit different from other years. There wasn't an office to go and prerecord hours of video in. So they delayed GOTY to this month and one game we all know they'll do a video of has to wait until this week to be recorded.

In a year of a lot of bullshit, I'm not getting too upset if a QL is a week late.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Not to get too off topic but I haven't kept up Dan since he left, is he still at WWE? I haven't heard a single thing about that since he left, I mostly just see his video game stuff popping up here and there.

Yep, he's still producing that podcast. I imagine a lot of his role is behind the scenes so that's why we don't see much of it.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@expensiveham: Almost like nothing major released after black Friday

• Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game – Complete Edition
  • Hitman 3
  • Empire of Sin
  • Worms Rumble
  • Sam & Max Save the World Remastered
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • Super Meat Boy Forever
  • Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54 chaser324  Moderator

@djredbat said:

@nickm: Even though he doesn't get paid to play games he still streams a lot on his youtube channel, more than GB has the past few months TBH.

I'm not sure what Dan's exact subscriber count is or anything, but you definitely can't say that Dan doesn't make money from streaming.

Regardless, you're really comparing apples and oranges when comparing GB to a solo streamer.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@expensiveham: Feels like we're REALLY stretching the concept of a major release to suit our own purpose here but whatever.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, THIS thread certainly turned into a pile of trash in the way these threads always do.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sethmode: Those are definitely quicklook worthy. Maybe you could make an argument against the two remasters, even though they’ve not shied away from remasters in the past.

Still, we’re not talking Steam shovelware here. All those games are big enough/interesting enough to receive coverage, expensiveham was right to point them out, even if they might not fit the very vague definition of “major”.

What would be your definition of a major release? Should they just record a quick look of GTA VI when it’s out and call it a generation?

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NickM

@expensiveham: I’ll once again point out that the last quick look that we got was out on December 11th.

Edit: Cyber Shadow is out now as well

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nickm: Your post right here is literally the first time I've even heard of Cyber Shadow. I'm not saying the that I'm the arbiter of which games should or shouldn't get a Quick Look. I am saying that maybe not all of those games listed are even ones that GB would be interested in QLing.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickm said:

@sethmode: Those are definitely quicklook worthy. Maybe you could make an argument against the two remasters, even though they’ve not shied away from remasters in the past.

Agreed that the remasters are a stretch, included them as there are GB staff that are fans of the original games.

Regardless, the general lack of content is just straight up bad and I don't get why some people rush to defend it, despite everything going on and all the excuses it's still a 6 man team and they should be capable of a higher output and better planning. I'm seriously considering just letting my subscription expire.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NickM

@bladeofcreation: Cyber Shadow is the new game from Yacht Club, makers of Shovel Knight, a game highly regarded by Giant Bomb. This new game has been getting really good reviews.

Which games are they interested in QLing then? Certainly none that are on that list, not Hitman 3, anyway, from the looks of it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@chaser324: Well more like persimmons to apples I would say!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@expensiveham: I'm not rushing to defend anything, I just think at times people make a bigger deal out of things than is necessary. If you're unhappy with the site and the content, reach out to the staff or just cancel your subscriotuon. Threads like these are a dime a dozen and are pointless. I would also like to point out that a few months ago some people were complaining that there was TOO MUCH content.

It's been a weird year and a slow couple of months. I can personally forgive them for both. If you can't, move on, but pretending like the games you listed are some sort of huge games that people have been dying for QLs over just feels disingenuous to me.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NickM

@sethmode: So when you cancel your subscription and move on, do you get your money back?

Edit: Look, I’m not someone who randomly stumbled onto this website and decided to stir stuff up. I’ve been here since day 1 and have been following following Jeff and the gang since 2003. This means a lot to me, personally. I’m frustrated and others are too. If threads like these are pointless, that’s part of the frustration. Stuff we say might seem disingenuous to you, but I most certainly assure you, it’s not.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickm: Why are you asking me? Talk to Rorie if you're that bitter, I'm sure he can help you. At this point you're just being needlessly argumentative with someone that can't fix what you're upset about to begin with.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: I wasn’t asking for your help, rest assured. I really can’t see why you thought I would be. That was a rhetorical question, because, of course I’m not getting my money back.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickm: Well, it seems like you're just looking to pick a fight, quite honestly. Again, just talk to Rorie if you're this upset. It's probably far more productive than acting like this.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NickM

@sethmode: This really isn’t about you. I don’t even know you. How am I acting exactly? I’ve been nothing but civil and you’ve come here and started telling people that they are wrong and how they should feel.

Edit: I’ll remind you, that it was you who called me bitter.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickm: Also, the forums are littered with people "here since day 1" . The fact is, you still never actually choose to reach out to the people that can perform any actual change. Which is what makes it seem disingenuous. Rorie honestly seems like he tries really hard to fix issues people have, yet instead of just reaching out to him, we get angry forum posts directed at other users. If you're that upset, take it to the people that you're upset with.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickm: Don't know how many times I can repeat myself. Send a message to Rorie, or another member of the staff.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

This discussion is wildly off-topic.

GB will either do a Hitman 3 Quick Look soon or they won't. GOTY was last week so they should be getting to a schedule this week.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided