This cinematic trailer is pret. T. Good.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I laughed, at the very least. This game looks like they're shooting for the moon, complexity-wise.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Really great trailer - m83 an inspired choice for the music.

Loved the way it progresses from the Moon to Mars and beyond.

Vinny has his work cut out for him.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By brian_

I've really not played much of Kerbal. I've fired it up a few times, and that's about it, so I am in no way an authority on this here, but I just really don't glean much of anything from a cinematic trailer for a game that is sooooo mechanics driven as Kerbal is. I mean, the first game didn't even have cinematics as far as I'm aware. I don't know. Just seems weird to me.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The main thing they seem to be teasing here is planetary bases, which would be a welcome addition to the game. The mods scene and studio support for the first game really took that game places over the years (there are probably already several base building mods), so I'm curious how they will do working on a new foundation.

The main thing I'd be excited for is a better career mode. I think they either need to lean into the systems-based meta (managing cash flow, research, pilots, etc.) to make it more dynamic and less repetitive, or they need to make it more linear with more specific objectives, sort of like the scenarios from the first game but chained together into some sort of progression and story. I think either of those things is very doable.

A personal fantasy, I would love GBeast to do a B.E.A.S.T: TNG feature for this game too, with Abby in the mix. I think she's stated her interest in space travel and rocket science in the past.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't play Kerbal, and I probably won't play Kerbal 2. However, I cannot tell you how excited I am for Project B.E.A.S.T.: TNG to be a thing!

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@effache said:

The main thing they seem to be teasing here is planetary bases, which would be a welcome addition to the game. The mods scene and studio support for the first game really took that game places over the years (there are probably already several base building mods), so I'm curious how they will do working on a new foundation.

The main thing I'd be excited for is a better career mode. I think they either need to lean into the systems-based meta (managing cash flow, research, pilots, etc.) to make it more dynamic and less repetitive, or they need to make it more linear with more specific objectives, sort of like the scenarios from the first game but chained together into some sort of progression and story. I think either of those things is very doable.

A personal fantasy, I would love GBeast to do a B.E.A.S.T: TNG feature for this game too, with Abby in the mix. I think she's stated her interest in space travel and rocket science in the past.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of "Space Race" feature. Divide the crew into teams and see who can get to the moon first.

samaroo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By samaroo22

If it's just a more stable Ksp with fancier graphics I'll be pretty stoked.

And a good console port out of the gate.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH SHIT!! This is just the best! I'm legit excited like a kid on Christmas eve, if it looks half as good as in the trailer when it launches (heh)... I can't even... wonderful news! Project B.E.A.S.T 2?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I bought it for cheap like 2-3 years ago, then didn't have a computer to play it on after mine conked out on me. I have a laptop to play on at probably minimum settings, but it will still be okay.

My experience when I first bought it was that of building a very small rocket it, and it completely going haywire. Then like the next day or two my gaming computer went out. Not sure if that was a sign, but I think I may have taken it as one not to continue building faulty rockets, haha.

Anyone have a good beginner guide?