Sex scenes in Mass Effect 2 - toned down? (Spoilers)

Jaxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaxboy

I found the sex scenes in ME2 even more tame than those in ME1.  I've experienced the sex scenes between my male Shepard character and Kelly, Jack, Tali and Miranda.  Sex with Kelly is only suggested with them heading to Shepard's quarters for "dinner" (you don't actually see them together).  The only disrobing is a shot of Miranda's bra.  I have to assume this toning down was due to the controversy stirred up in ME1.  What do you guys think? 

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatking

I don't think they're scared of it... the bra shot of miranda is probably worse than anything they showed in ME1.  Either way I think the sex scenes are weird... not sure what it is that is bothering me... the not quite right movements or the fact that they aren't real people.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

I played a lady the first time around, and I decided I didn't want to pursue Jacob as a love interest because he turned out to be a dick, and he has an annoying voice. To be honest, I don't think the dinner with Kelly Chambers was actually sex. I think it was just a friendly dinner.

Also, you have sex with Kelly, Jack, Tali AND Miranda all in the same playthrough?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx
@Napalm said:
" I played a lady the first time around, and I decided I didn't want to pursue Jacob as a love interest because he turned out to be a dick, and he has an annoying voice. To be honest, I don't think the dinner with Kelly Chambers was actually sex. I think it was just a friendly dinner.  Also, you have sex with Kelly, Jack, Tali AND Miranda all in the same playthrough? "
you can
mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mr_faraday

I had dinner with Kelly and afterwords they showed no signs that it was anything more than dinner.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
@Demyx: Oh hot damn. I did not know that. Well, when I imported my lady to Mass Effect 2, I saw I had flirty options for both Kelly Chambers and Jacob. I got flirty with both of them, and then I realized that I felt slutty and out of character and realized I didn't want to continue feeling slutty. So, Jackie Shepherd is 100% abstinent.
Jaxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jaxboy
@Napalm said:
"I played a lady the first time around, and I decided I didn't want to pursue Jacob as a love interest because he turned out to be a dick, and he has an annoying voice. To be honest, I don't think the dinner with Kelly Chambers was actually sex. I think it was just a friendly dinner.  Also, you have sex with Kelly, Jack, Tali AND Miranda all in the same playthrough? "

You receive an email message from Kelly later on which makes it clear that sex did occur.  You can have sex with both Tali and Miranda in one play-through with judicious use of save files :)  Only one counts, of course.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By captain_clayman

the sex scenes in mass effect were never very daring or gratuitous. 
way too classy a game for that kinda stuff.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
@Jaxboy said:
" @Napalm said:
"I played a lady the first time around, and I decided I didn't want to pursue Jacob as a love interest because he turned out to be a dick, and he has an annoying voice. To be honest, I don't think the dinner with Kelly Chambers was actually sex. I think it was just a friendly dinner.  Also, you have sex with Kelly, Jack, Tali AND Miranda all in the same playthrough? "
You receive an email message from Kelly later on which makes it clear that sex did occur.  You can have sex with both Tali and Miranda in one play-through with judicious use of save files :)  Only one counts, of course. "
Okay, that makes sense then. I thought he had them all in the same playthrough and they all counted.
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Jambones
@Mr_Faraday said:
" I had dinner with Kelly and afterwords they showed no signs that it was anything more than dinner. "
You know, maybe Shepard wasn't that good? ;-)
qUaK3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By qUaK3R

Miranda is... kinda hot. Shit, am i crazy?

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ascholzk

i  accidently had sex with jack, not romance though, does that mean i cheated on Liara from ME1?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm
@GaLaXypwn3r said:
" i  accidently had sex with jack, not romance though, does that mean i cheated on Liara from ME1? "
Was it rough and kinky? Jack certainly doesn't seem like a girl to go easy on someone during sex, haha.
caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By caseylakes

i had sex one time...

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ascholzk
@Napalm: yea so heres what happened: 
Liara was my love interest in ME1. in ME2, i thought that liara wouldn't be in it, so i decided to pursue miranda or jack. so i eventually had sex with jack, but it wasn't an actual romance (didn't unlock paramore achievement). yes, it was rough and kinky lol 
but when i found out that liara was alive, i realize that i would rather stay with her. 
my question is: because i had "rough and kinky" sex with jack, does that mean that i cheated on liara? anyone?
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jmrwacko
@GaLaXypwn3r said:
" i  accidently had sex with jack, not romance though, does that mean i cheated on Liara from ME1? "
How do you "accidentally" have sex, may I ask?
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jmrwacko
@GaLaXypwn3r said:
" my question is: because i had "rough and kinky" sex with jack, does that mean that i cheated on liara? anyone? "
Liara is a bitch. She completely turned on everything you stood for (assuming you're a paragon player) by becoming an information broker. Plus, she's cold with you, and thinks that money means everything since the Normandy got shot down. Besides, asari culture makes it so that she's not dedicated to you anyway, since she'll just outlive you. I felt no remorse going for another crew member.

Plus, Liara wasn't the best character to begin with. My biggest qualm with ME1 were that the only romance choices were an ugly space bigot and an annoying blue chick. Which is why I was so happy when I learned you could romance Tali in ME2.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm

Can Liara become a member of your crew in Mass Effect 2? She wasn't a love interest for me, but I kept doing her favors and it became apparent she wasn't leaving her place on Illium.

Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Seraphim2150
@jmrwacko: He fell over and landed on her. While they were both naked

totally acidental honest
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By natetodamax

Why were they ever referred to as sex scenes anyway?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By MildMolasses
@Napalm:
No. All the spots on the crew select screen get filled leaving no space for her. Besides, like you said, she makes it very clear that she isn't leaving. 

And I think I killed an innocent person for her. Oh well
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
@MildMolasses: On my second playthrough, when I finally get to her, every time she asks me something, I'm going to go for the assholeish response.

Also, who is the very last crew member on the left side of the screen? is that fro Vaeen or whateverthefuck his name is?
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By Atlas

Haven't got into the pants of any of my crewmates just yet, but I did think that while playing Dragon Age. Obviously someone at BioWare decided that the original Mass Effect was a little too full on. Not a decision I personally agree with, but whatever.

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ascholzk
@jmrwacko:  ok i had sex on purpose, but at that time, i didnt know that liara was going to be in the game.. lol 
anyway, this is why liara is so different from  ME1  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFMPaSjAuo
bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By bulletstorm

I think they focused more on trying to make intimate actions rather than just shots of polygonal asses. I wouldn't be opposed to a shot of Tali's polygonal ass, but it were as dry a love scene as those from Mass Effect 1, I wouldn't wouldn't be worth it.