Origin Returns

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

It makes me so sad.. i waited years for this.. but the game just wasn't fun. I looked past the silly faces and dumb starting story stuff, but i just couldn't keep playing. (FYI, while boring at parts. I can play games poor setup like this. Ie, i put like 130 hours in DA:I and enjoyed it - but mostly for the story and the people.)

So, I asked EA for a return and they gave it to me. I had put in 10 hours in the early access and about 8 hours today. So if you are like me a yelled out "I can't take this anymore." You can return it.

I hope people are enjoying it - but after almost 20 hours and knowing (from reviews) that this pretty much is the game...

i'm so sad :(

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nevermind I don't know how to read.

Surprised they were willing though.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zurv

that is why i posted this. I did get a refund. So good on EA. A pre-order from last year and 20 hours. :)

side note, when not looking a human faces the game is real perdy. 4k and HDR are really nice. SLI support was very good too. With Vysnc on (i was playing on the TV with a controller. more than 60 fps wasn't needed.) and ultra settings - the cards were about 70% GPU usage.

sadly i couldn't give a crap about any one i meet there. I just couldn't get over home i'm qualified more than anyone else to be the pathfinder. I kinda wish you just started out as the Dad. He help setup the project and had the background that people would be impressed with him.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think EA has a 10 day money back plan if i remember correctly.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By thebrainninja

I will say, as much as Origin is largely a needless alternative to Steam, they have a really solid history of customer service. Props to them for keeping up their end of the bargain!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zurv: i think the idea is that with you being his son you can discover all about him and his project. Still it doesnt make any sense that you are treated as a diety.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fezrock

Between their returns policies, early access and free trial policies, and free games policies, Origin is a really customer friendly system. If they had a larger library, a much larger library, I might even consider it as an alternative to Steam. As is though, there just aren't enough non-EA games available for it to really be worthwhile.

And on the one hand, I hope it does grow, because competition is a good thing and I'd like to see Valve feel pressure to improve Steam; but on the other hand, I don't want games to be like streaming TV, where I have to go to so many different places to get everything I want.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Disappointed you didn't enjoy it, enough so to return it! I like it a lot and am feeling the total opposite. With the recent negativity about the game, my expectations went way down, but it turns out to be the game I wanted for the most part. Also, the story touches upon Ryder and his/her qualifications compared to others. Maybe he is another 'the one' character, but at the get-go, they did say it was just because the dad wanted it to happen, and the rest allowed it to be due to that. Most on the ship even questioned why he was made the pathfinder. Ryder see's it the same way, but tries to do the job he was given.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@ntm: yay! I found you other Andromeda fan! It's hard to get away from all the negativity of this game, even if I can see where a lot of it comes from. But it's nice to see at least a few people like me that are enjoying it. I just love being in that world...err... galaxy...errr....universe?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sackmanjones: @ntm: Only 4 hours till I can start playing! I really liked the 10 hour trial unlike everyone else it seems and I'm really excited to play. I've taken couple of days off work to really drown myself in Mass Effect.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd suggest for people still playing that they follow the advice in a lot of reviews. Don't try to do everything.. it will break your spirit. for me? i can't help myself. i MUST TALK TO EVERYONE! do every side quest.. ugh.. you must tell me why you came on this mission.. about your fellow staff... can i get your laundry for you?.. :)

It took me 18 hours and i only finished the first planet :)

oddly, they credited me back for the game, but i still seem to own it.. I'll try Nier, but if the game is still there in the future.. maybe i'll try it again..

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet scanning, the new mako.....

makes me want a refund almost.....almost.....almost..

almost :-?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zaccheus said:

@sackmanjones: @ntm: Only 4 hours till I can start playing! I really liked the 10 hour trial unlike everyone else it seems and I'm really excited to play. I've taken couple of days off work to really drown myself in Mass Effect.

You've made the right choice!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EthanielRain

@sackmanjones said:

@ntm: yay! I found you other Andromeda fan! It's hard to get away from all the negativity of this game, even if I can see where a lot of it comes from. But it's nice to see at least a few people like me that are enjoying it. I just love being in that world...err... galaxy...errr....universe?

I'm hitting this game hard, like 12 hours a day O_O It's in need of more polish and I still don't really like any of the characters in particular, but I'm loving my time on the planets. The combat and exploration has been really fun.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only 2 hours in but I don't get how if you liked Inquisition you don't like this? I fairly enjoyed Inquisition, but man I'm liking Andromeda way more. I guess I can understand the writing not being overly enjoyable for everyone though. I'm not very picky I guess.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Haven't put in that much time as you but I've enjoyed the 10 ish hours I've played. look forward to putting in more time tonight and the next few days since I'm off work

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

@sackmanjones: Yeah, it's kind of a bummer when there is a game that seems good, good enough you should be able to find more people that can share the enthusiasm, and yet a lot of people just don't feel the same way. I don't know, I suppose if you compare it to some of the best games that have similar aspects to what this game offers you can complain, but what it does is good in my opinion. I said in a previous post that I am thirteen hours in, so my feelings can change, but the whole 'I'm not feeling it in the early portions of the game, maybe it'll get better' can only be the total opposite, or get even better because I have liked it from the get-go and that's to my surprise.

Unfortunately, I am still actually waiting for the moment to sink in where I think 'this game isn't as good as I thought it was', where I get bored of it. I hope that doesn't happen and I know it's a really pessimistic view, but with all the negative talk, it makes me slightly worried still. So far I have been really really enjoying it despite some of its flaws. Going on a tangent, a lot of people are saying the characters aren't great, but I am liking them so far. Liam is probably the only somewhat boring one so far in my opinion. The issue is that it feels exactly like what Bioware has done before, so the characters kind of feel cliche, as we've seen these kinds of characters in Bioware games before. It doesn't bother me much, but that's what it feels like to me.

I would even go so far as to say that as a first impression, I like these characters far more than I liked the original cast when they first appeared in the original Mass Effect. All of them beside Wrex really were kind of a bore to me, to be honest. For instance, I totally skipped over Tali's dialogue whenever she had something to say when I first played Mass Effect, but they all turned out to be some of my favorite video game characters in gaming by the end.

@zurv: That's what I've been doing, doing everything I can before moving onto the next story bit, and it's been great to me. There are some obvious things you cannot do on the first open planet Eos due to having to upgrade either the suit or the Nomad, so that's kind of cool that they make you go do something else. You're correct, though, I have only done what I could on Eos and haven't gotten further. I am about the leave it, though for later I believe. I can tell, depending on how many locations there are, this game will be much longer than the previous Mass Effect games and more akin to Inquisition.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I also went with the refund, EA has excellent customer service, and now I can see the stupid year ahead of waiting for this game to go on sale because somehow contrary to all the great games coming out Andromeda is all I'm equipped to play.