What happens if you ____ in Episode 11? (SPOILERS)

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

I waited until I had a sniper rifle that shot tranquilizer darts to take on Episode 11 (the fight with Quiet). At the end, it seemed to be giving me an opportunity to just kill her. I chose not to, because I was wanted to find out why I was supposed to "feel ashamed of my words and deeds" or whatever, but I'm curious what happens if you decide to pull the trigger (or if you just fight her with a lethal weapon in the first place).

Unless she's an EXTREMELY minor character (which might be the case, I'm only on Episode 13 or so), it seems like they wouldn't branch the story this much at this point in the game. If she's supposed to play any semi-important part of the story, I'd imagine having to account for the fact that you might have killed her would make things a lot more complicated for the devs.

So is it one of those "illusion of choice" situations? If you pull the trigger, does Snake get interrupted at the last second by a radio call or does Quiet teleport away (or whatever it is that she can do)? Or does Snake just kill her right there and the game moves on without her?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't kill her, but I'm fairly certain (from what I have read) that she straight-up dies. As in 'dies' dies. Not 'Metal Gear' dies.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fought her with a lethal sniper rifle, it gets you to that "finish her off?" cutscene the same way. I think it just effects her bond level with you starting off.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea if you can kill her during the cutscene, but I beat her with a regular sniper rifle and she was fine afterwards.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to beat her with the Lv2 Tranq Pistol. Just gotta take your time.

Yeah I have yet to meet someone who tried to off her though.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

I beat her with hand grenades... At the point I stumbled on this fight I had only researched the first ultra shitty sniper rifle. It was exhilarating being under-equipped for the fight and having to improvise.

Point is, even blowing her up five or six times allowed me to capture her alive. Also, when you throw a grenade she stops humming and gasps right before it blows up. The attention to detail is good in this game.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can always spare her life in the end. You can kill her though. And then she's not in the story. At all.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone in the gameplay tips thread said to drop a resupply crate on her head.

One crate took half her stamina. Two knocked her out.

It was the best boss fight.

I did wonder what would happen if you pulled the trigger at the end though.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: I tried this because I had shit weapons for the fight, but she kept running away right when they got near her!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quid_pro_bono: What I did was after she moved to a spot, tried to tag her as fast as possible and immediately drop a crate. Then I kept popping back up every other second to make her shoot at me (a rock blocking the shot) until impact. She only moved twice for me (once to a new spot, crate, back to starting spot, crate). Dunno if the popping up had an effect or if I was just lucky, though.

I mean I have access to a bundle of good weapons but the crate thing seemed so stupid that I had to try it. And now I'm going to have to try it for others.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm so glad that I happened to be carrying a scoped rifle when I encountered Quiet for the first time. An epic sniper battle just would not have felt right any other way.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Interesting! I'll have to try this. I'm assuming you got an S for the mission?

zedprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a certain level, dropping crates on her seems encouraged. My reasoning:

• The game does everything with its power of framing to make you walk into this fight blind. You probably won't have a long range rifle.
  • You have every opportunity to take stock and run through research and delivery options in your idroid
  • You obviously want a sniper rifle for this fight, so better research it and get a delivery.
  • The map pops up asking you where you want it. Presumably you've already marked the sniper.
  • Your brain whirs into motion wondering "what happens if I..." and the rest is history.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Capum15

@quid_pro_bono: I honestly can't remember, I tend to forget the ranks almost immediately, but it was really quick (two crate wait times, plus maybe an extra 3-5 minutes on trying to find/target her and waiting for the extract), so maybe.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@zedprime: it sounds obvious when you put it like that but I never would have guessed! lol spent a long time on Quiet before getting into a sniper duel. Swear I was almost able to sneak up on her...

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea I just had a cool sniping duel with her. Only missed one of my shots!

Near the end of the fight she jumps down and does this weird exaggerated motion with sparkles appearing. I thought she was going to dance or something but I just shot her. Afterwards she jumps down and I get the choice to kill her or not.

Is there anyone who actually did kill her though? Do you at least get something cooler than having a teleporting sniper buddy?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Turambar

After a fierce sniper battle, I finished her off when she was literally dancing under the waterfall with a rainbow over her head.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@quid_pro_bono: Gotta keep her interested in you. Just keep poking your head out ducking, poking your head out... ducking rinse/repeat. She'll be too distracted trying to shoot you that she won't see the crate.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar: was she regaining health? This is explained later in typical Kojima fashion

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone try to hold her up? I was almost close enough on her initial location when she decided to apparently move after not seeing me for too long. Every other spot after that she was either out of reach or suddenly had perfect perception of everything around her.

It probably just results in her running away and dropping a grenade but the parallels with The End were too strong not to try.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I did the fight with the tranq pistol, because Big Boss doesn't run away from a challenge. It took a bit longer but you just run straight at her and tranq her between reloads. It's kind of exciting.

She is a really cool character.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By DeeGee

For people who want to know what happens if you kill her:

She dies and you do not have her or her story for the rest of the game. However, you can just replay that mission again if you want to do it differently and get her as a buddy/keep her story going, so it doesn't really matter that much.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By a_e_martin

I ran away like Ocelot/Kaz told me to, and continued my side op. Didn't even think about trying to defeat her. I did take a few pot shots on the way though, just to get her to move.

So wait, do I not get her as a buddy now?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OurSin_360

Beat her with a tranq, I figured she was like every metal gear boss and if you go lethal she dies and you don't get her as a partner. Took awhile, but i finally figured out you have to move quick and jump from cover to cover, get in close and get her in range of a shot. Don't get to close cause she'll run away if she hears you. Jumping in and out of cover was fucking great, but goddamn trying to run over those stupid rocks just highlighted one of the worse parts of the entire game for me.

@a_e_martin said:

I ran away like Ocelot/Kaz told me to, and continued my side op. Didn't even think about trying to defeat her. I did take a few pot shots on the way though, just to get her to move.

So wait, do I not get her as a buddy now?

You can probably replay the mission, i don't know what you mean though they did not tell you to continue to the mission? At least not for me, they said be careful she means business and kill her quick.