• 58 results
ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ka385385

As many of you already know ever since Warner Bros. Games took over Midway and change it to NetherRealm Studios ,crossover has always been big for their games ,the first one was Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe ,then in Mortal Kombat 2011 (or some might call it MK9) Kratos from God of War and main antagonist of the A Nightmare on Elm Street film series---Freddy Krueger was guest characters in the game ,about two years ago Jim Lee redesign Scorpion as guest DLC character for DC fighting game Injustice Gods Among us ,one of NRS mobile game Batman: Arkham City Lockdown even make Kano appeared as easter egg feature ,to the most recently Jason from Friday the 13th and Predator was confirmed to be guest character of Mortal Kombat X.

Conclusion, crossover is both awesome and profitable for the game, I know some people disagree but as everyone can see it's the trend now day, and other fans of Mortal Kombat have countless thought about what else characters can be perfect fit in Mortal Kombat game same as I do, one of them stand above in my mind that is "Rayne" from "Bloodrayne" franchise.

Now before you even say it I know someone will ask

Who is Bloodrayne?

No Caption Provided

It's not surprise that some people might not familiar with this character and that's quiet okay because compare her with other iconic female characters like Lara Croft or Sonya Blade is totally unfair ,Rayne is a dhampir born in 1915 who work for The Brimstone Society ,an organization fight against supernatural threats ,she fight Nazi ,demon ,vampires and all kind of monsters before ,she has vampire's superhuman feat and carry her signature twin blades.

You can read more here:

http://bloodrayne.wikia.com/wiki/Rayne

So why is Rayne a perfect character for Mortal Kombat to me, here is a lots of reason:

Though no one confirm whether it was inspired by the franchise or not, we can see lots of Rayne's shadow in the past of Mortal Kombat.

Example, in Bloodrayne 2 there are lots of fatality move can be perform when Rayne is feeding on her prey, in Mortal Kombat 2011 Baraka's second fatality is almost the same as one of Rayne's

Of Crouse it might be just coincidence since they both have two giant blades, so it lead to the next one.

In Mortal Kombat Deception they introduced a new fighter of Black Dragon, Kira

No Caption Provided

Despite a new character she has the same face on Sonya Blade and her move along with Kano's ,make her like an evil clone of Sonya Blade ,but I think that's fine for me...now I don't think I need to say this but she sure looks familiar as Rayne ,red and black outfit with red head and carry two daggers ,she looks even more like Rayne in her alternate costume ,she might not be the most popular character in Mortal Kombat but she still got some pull it seem as she was a cameo in Mortal Kombat 2011 and can be seen chained in Kahn's Arena ,it was later patching replace by Skarlet ,another character kind of similar with Rayne ,but PlayStation vista version of the game Kira was remain though

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mortal Kombat also have a Vampire character Nitara who try to protect her race from genocide and let her realm go independent from Outworld, it would be interesting if we could see her story clash with Rayne's.

No Caption Provided

Overall with these associativity ,Bloodrayne can be the most perfect character to fit in Mortal Kombat. Some guy said she is just female version of "Blade" from Marvel comic, and that's quiet rubbish and ignorance like say Lara Croft is just a female version of Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake is just male version of Lara Croft, Bloodrayne might not be as popular as she used to be but she still leave some influence, such as this one

No Caption Provided

Serana from Skyrim's DLC Dawnguard, who is also a renegade vampire daughter, has father issuse, they even share the same voice actress---Laura Bailey, she is awesome by the way you can follow her twitter down here.

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO

So far Rayne only appeared in 4 games ,one of it she was just unlockable character with no backstory in psp game "Infected" ,she has two canceled games ,BloodRayne: The Shroud for 3DS and a PSP version of game which don't have title ,making video game is getting harder and harder these days (piracy ,mobile game competitors ,and games are getting better and more expensive) ,Midway face the crisis before but thankfully Mortal Kombat's franchise survive and getting bigger than it ever was ,unfortunately the same can't say to Rayne ,her developer Terminal Reality was defunct in the end of 2013 ,from what we heard ever since the third game BloodRayne: Betrayal Majesco Entertainment (Bloodrayne's publisher) hand the game to WayForward Technologies and turn it into kinda Anime looks (I hate anime but the game don't looks that bad it looks like mix style ,though I admit I love the original more) side-scrolling action game ,Terminal Reality been trying to buy the Bloodrayne franchise from Majesco ,but they were defunct before they can even do that. Compare to other big company like Sony ,Sega or EA ,Majesco Entertainment might have trouble to make another AAA Bloodrayne game (Yes I believe back in 2000 ,Bloodrayne series can consider one of AAA games) ,but they didn't sold the franchise yet so I believe they want to keep making Bloodrayne games and keep the franchise alive ,the same thing probably happen back at Mortal Kombat when Midway was broken ,and the franchise seems to dying...the similar thing happen to Rayne right now ,one developer or another if NRS can do Rayne this favor and bring her franchise back to live it will make us Rayne's fans happy than ever ,I don't expect Rayne be the guest character in Mortal Kombat X because it was just recent release and we don't even know if there will be more DLC than 4 in Kombat Pack ,but I hope they will consider her in the next game.

So...anyone else want to see Rayne in Mortal Kombat?

Edit:

Thanks for I_Stay_Puft point it out another fun fact

Both Bloodrayne in the first Bloodrayne film (Yes yes it's not the best movie ever and I knew it but we are not here to be critic) and Taja from TV series Mortal Kombat Conquest are play by the same person---Kristanna Loken ,who also play TX in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Holy shit, Nitara existed.

This is very well-researched, send it to Ed Boon.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ka385385

@csl316: Thanks ,as matter of fact...i did sned it to Boon via Twitter XD

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

You might be the only person in the world to care this much about Rayne.

Crossovers are only "profitable" when your customers care about the characters. You even started your blog out with a tacit admission that people might not even remember those games.

Still, it's a better idea than those idiots saying Shredder would be a good fit... As if Viacom is gonna be OK with a headless Shredder, tongue waggling furiously atop his bloody neck stump.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: Well i know there are still some people care a lots about Rayne ,character like her need their fan to keep their legacy alive ,beside lots of old time popular video game make their way back to the game today...take Killer Instinct for example.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ka385385: Killer Instinct is a bad example because that game actually has fans, crazy and disturbed as they may be.

Bloodrayne's fanbase is anemic if not non-existent. I defy you to google "bloodrayne fan site" and find a website that doesn't look like a high-schooler's web-design homework.

Give up the dream dude, you can devote your energies to more important things... like petitioning for that Advent Rising sequel or something.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: No i don't think so ,who say you got to have a fan site to have fan base ,asking for another Bloodrayne sequel recently is not likely since Majesco Entertainment has some rough time recent years ,but nevertheless Bloodrayne still the prefect one for Mortal Kombat.

Never have the chance to play Advent Rising by the way ,and i doubt they will try to make an new Advent Rising sequel instead of Bloodrayne 3 since Rayne has bigger franchise.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think more people now associate the Bloodrayne name with Uwe Boll turning it into one (nay, two!) of the worst movies of all time.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Ah yes, the lucrative, popular and relevant Bloodrayne franchise and character.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you're probably her biggest fan, thats for sure.

To be fair, she would be a perfect MK character.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think bloodrayne no make sense inclusion in the Mortal Kombat X causing it is 2015 and Bloodrayne relevance not large even back when available. That being saying, Rayne is character that would fit probably, it would just being a quiet weird include.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ka385385

@wacomole said:

I think more people now associate the Bloodrayne name with Uwe Boll turning it into one (nay, two!) of the worst movies of all time.

Actully there was three movies ,compare them with big fancy Hollywood movies ya it's not the best ,but compare to Asia movies it's still better ,and despite what you think ,they were able to pull out 3 of it ,so i guess they did manage some profit out of it ,i think it's some kind of experimental movies ,it's not very well make and i bet they know it but they keep making them anway (there was a fourh coming from what i learn but not sure anymore) they must have their reason ,i don't know...nevertheless she still great character for Mortal Kombat.

Ah yes, the lucrative, popular and relevant Bloodrayne franchise and character.

Sorry is that saracism? i don't read saracism very well. Or i guess you agree with me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

While we're throwing around character names to put in MK that are too obscure to be worth the money for WB to work out the licensing for, how about Travis Touchdown?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ka385385 said:
@wacomole said:

Actully there was three movies ,compare them with big fancy Hollywood movies ya it's not the best ,but compare to Asia movies it's still better ,and despite what you think ,they were able to pull out 3 of it ,so i guess they did manage some profit out of it ,i think it's some kind of experimental movies ,it's not very well make and i bet they know it but they keep making them anway (there was a fourh coming from what i learn but not sure anymore) they must have their reason ,i don't know...nevertheless she still great character for Mortal Kombat.

Personly I think you wrong about asia movies ,there is lot of Asia movies that's much better than the Uwe Boll movies but I've not seeing Bloodrayne 2 and third so I could be wrong and maybe their amazing.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While we're throwing around character names to put in MK that are too obscure to be worth the money for WB to work out the licensing for, how about Travis Touchdown?

Well i was want to point out something like this but don't want to make my post too long for people to read ,Japanese anime style characters (Street Fighters ,Tekken ,Soul Calibur...etc) are unfit to western Mortal Kombat game ,not just the style ,also Japanese has law against it ,also their creators probably will reject because they are not that open mind like NetherRealm Studios.

@gruff182 said:

Well, you're probably her biggest fan, thats for sure.

To be fair, she would be a perfect MK character.

Well thanks ,glad you agree.

@meatball said:

I think bloodrayne no make sense inclusion in the Mortal Kombat X causing it is 2015 and Bloodrayne relevance not large even back when available. That being saying, Rayne is character that would fit probably, it would just being a quiet weird include.

As i said above she still got some influence now day ,i'm nto expect she will be in Mortal Kombat X but consider for future guest character in next Mortal Kombat game.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16 chaser324  Moderator

@meatball said:
@ka385385 said:

Actully there was three movies ,compare them with big fancy Hollywood movies ya it's not the best ,but compare to Asia movies it's still better

Personly I think you wrong about asia movies ,there is lot of Asia movies that's much better than the Uwe Boll movies but I've not seeing Bloodrayne 2 and third so I could be wrong and maybe their amazing.

Yeah...I don't know what exactly you meant by "Asia movies", but if you're including Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, etc., there are a ton of amazing movies that I can guarantee are better than any of the Bloodrayne movies.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was unaware Japanese have law against the animes characters being in Western Mortal Kombat.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep that optimism. Who knows what might happen in the future.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball: LOL you really make me laugh now...trust me i know how bad Asia movies is...i live there ,those you saw probably are those popular and good enough they let you see it ,others are too bad for you to even hear of them.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

You seem like a nice chap, really.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:
@ka385385 said:

Actully there was three movies ,compare them with big fancy Hollywood movies ya it's not the best ,but compare to Asia movies it's still better

Yeah...I don't know what exactly you meant by "Asia movies", but if you're including Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, etc., there are a ton of amazing movies that I can guarantee are better than any of the Bloodrayne movies.

Ya there are lots of Asia eastern movies ,little of them are great (still a lots),but most of them ,you don't want to know them ,believe me...

@meatball said:

I was unaware Japanese have law against the animes characters being in Western Mortal Kombat.

Yes Japanese have law against anything too violent and will try to adjust them (like in Tomb Raider 2013 ,killing dear seem to be remove in Japanese version of the game ,and also other stuff)...as i said ,they are not that open mind

@wacomole said:

Keep that optimism. Who knows what might happen in the future.

Totally agree!

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball: Thanks...i guess...is it saracism again? i really not good at this lol

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ka385385 said:

@meatball: Thanks...i guess...is it saracism again? i really not good at this lol

Naw, I was being sincere. :)

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

...You know what, fuck yes, I would absolutely love to see Rayne as a Kombatant. I had never even thought about that before. I haven't thought about Bloodrayne in years.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Travis Touchdown is as American as apple pie. I will not stand to hear him lumped in with anime and Asia movies.

So moé.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No, not really. Even if I liked the first Bloodrayne game quite a bit (a cheesy horror movie idea in the vain of a video game where you play a half vampire lady who kills nazis? That's a cool idea).

Well put together post, though.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ka385385

...You know what, fuck yes, I would absolutely love to see Rayne as a Kombatant. I had never even thought about that before. I haven't thought about Bloodrayne in years.

Glad you approve ,it's good to know i bring memory fo Rayne back.

Travis Touchdown is as American as apple pie. I will not stand to hear him lumped in with anime and Asia movies.

So moé.

No More Heroes is develope by Grasshopper Manufacture---a Japanese video game studio ,yes he design to be an American in the game...a Japanese anime style American create by Japanese...so he is still basicly an anime like character.

No, not really. Even if I liked the first Bloodrayne game quite a bit (a cheesy horror movie idea in the vain of a video game where you play a half vampire lady who kills nazis? That's a cool idea).

Well put together post, though.

Too bad you don't like it ,actully now think of it not many character can fit in the world of Mortal Kombat ,they will run out horror movie iconic character sooner or later ,if they really have to chose i think Bloodrayne will definitely be on the list ,because i believe not many can be on the list at the first place.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like Bloodrayne 2 way more than I should, I forgot how much I loved that game until I read some of this. It probably doesn't hold up too well but now I want to revisit it.

I think she would fit fine with the other MK characters (she even has that scorpion style spear/rope thing in the 2nd game) but it's a question of relevance I think. The last game she was in was that sidescroller thing.

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person that actually likes Mortal Kombat characters and would like to see the obvious omissions from that universe added to the MKX roster instead of even more guest characters?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThunderSlash

@xerseslives: Nah, you aren't alone. I would like to see Kira come back partly because there is only one Black Dragon representative in the roster despite it being one of the major factions. And screw Jarek.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. He's got a bunch of ready made fatalities!

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Rayne is the Scotty 2 Hotty of video games.

Take that however you want.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: @xerseslives: as we all know that now someone still hope Mortal Kombat stay Mortal Kombat ,but that's not how NetherRealm Studios works now ,there are crossover in almost every games they made.

@altonbrownAs i said ,Japanese character is exclude ,plus you are talking about a manga character ,and manga has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat.

I really like Bloodrayne 2 way more than I should, I forgot how much I loved that game until I read some of this. It probably doesn't hold up too well but now I want to revisit it.

I think she would fit fine with the other MK characters (she even has that scorpion style spear/rope thing in the 2nd game) but it's a question of relevance I think. The last game she was in was that sidescroller thing.

Yes the last game was BloodRayne: Betrayal ,not the best thing came out from Majesco Entertainment and some fans even consider it a disgrace to the franchise ,Terminal Reality try to buy the franchise from them ever since that game but they got defunct before they can did that ,at least from what i heard.

if Rayne can make an appearance in Mortal Kombat it a good way to reintroduce her to other video game fans ,Majesco still have trouble make a Bloodrayne 3 game and this could be the key to make it happen...

I wasn't a fan of a nightmare on elm street before but since i know he is going to be Mortal Kombat ,i start watched most of the films and also Friday the 13th series and Evil Dead as well.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

This is pretty astonishing.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked the first BloodRayne and Betrayal was okay-ish. Second was hot garbage.

Sure, why not. If she's voiced by Laura Bailey, I am 100% in, because I have a Laura Bailey thing.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would fit fairly well, sure. I'd be into that. I'm not sure having a sexy lady vampire would work in todays age of feminism in games coverage, but personally I'd be into seeing Rayne in a game again, even if it's just a one-off DLC character thing.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ka385385

@geraltitude:

Thanks ,it was in my head for months and then i finally decide to write it down

@ghostiet:

well the second one is my favorite...i still remember when i play the first game Rayne was fighting Nazi and suddenly she found a GIANT ROBOT then thing starting to go like Transformers lol ,anyway i really love Laura Bailey ,she is just so amazing ,she also play the voice of female 1 boss in Saints Row The Third and Saints Row 4

@spitznock:

Actully i believe girls would love Rayne ,she is like Lara Croft ,a female main protagonist of a video game franchise ,which is still very few today (there are some i know ,but not all of them came out from having their own franchise at the first place) ,she is a hotshot also very independent woman ,totally "badace" (i refuse to use the other word lol) and last time i check girl love vampires :)

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you're all wrong, they ruined Bloodrayne in Bloodrayne 2! Oh the fun expansive gameplay in Bloodrayne 1!

Whenever Wayforward put out that 2D sidescrolling Bloodrayne game, that kind of confirmed that no one gives a shit about that franchise any more. It was a pretty mediocre action game back in its day, with a sexy vampire lady for a protagonist, but we have since had more tasteful female leads since then.

Anyway I can see the comparison to Lara Croft, both are more or less a teenager's wet dream turned into a video game, Bloodrayne is just a bit more extreme.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hayt

My only experience with Bloodrayne was when my friends rented it, turned on instagib and tried to beat it in one sitting starting at like 8pm and going until the next day. My sleep deprived, extremely spotty memory of violent insanity fits well with this thread. All power to you for being into Bloodrayne.

And sure she'd fit in for sure but I'm of the opinion MK needs less guest characters not more.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm:

Hmmm...well i love Bloodrayne 2 so i guess that's your opnion

Actully i believe Majesco tell Wayforward to make it a 2D side-scrolling is probably for one and one reason ,it's cheap ,Majesco hasn't recover back to their finest time in 2004 for decade now ,making video game today is very expensive ,and they don't have enough of money to make a AAA game to the market ,people still care about Rayne ,i bet Bethesda care...otherwise we won't see Dawnguard we saw today...you know i still believe some video game is not just about gameplay ,it's also about art and sotry...for example Planescape Torment ,a game more about story and not gameplay ,a game for highest quality of player. I doubt we have so you call "more tasteful" female leads ,please don't tell me you are talking about girls from Dead or Alive...

As we all can see now video game now care more and more about feminism now ,compare Mortal Kombat 2011 female costome with Mortal Kombat X ,you can see the different very easily ,and Lara Croft...don't need me to say we all know she turn into a more realistic heroine instead of a sex symbol ,she was design to be more like a comic book figure back in 1996 but it was change due to company policy.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ka385385

@hayt: Yes we knew it ,lots of old fans want Mortal Kombat be free from guest character ,but we are past of that point now ,beside future guest character might very likey just all DLC ,so if you don't want them ,then don't get them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@ka385385: Don't worry my friend. I carry a torch for Rayne as well. Im not convinced anyone in the position to make this happen would care though.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Good to know another Rayne fan with us ,well I do believe NRS know Bloodrayne well enough to see this ,some people suggest WB games buy the franchise from Majesco ,but i'm not sure the possibility that happen though.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I'd play a new Bloodrayne game, i actually really enjoyed the first game in the series and the recent side scroller, seems like she would be a good fit for MK as a guest fighter but not so much as a main character.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Meh, I think two guest characters are enough for one game. Given that MK already have a blood-powered red female ass-kicker(Skarlet), why pay a a licensing fee for someone who's so similar?

Besides, I'd rather have Smoke.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexl86:Well i know expect everyone to read your whole post is too much to ask ,but if you did that you would know i said i'm not expect Bloodrayne in Mortal Kombat X this time ,i mean consider her for future use ,Skarlet is not the same as Rayne despite they looks somehow familar ,two still very different characters ,and about smoke ,i'm not sure what you trying to say but smoke has nothing to do with Rayne as guest character in future mortal kombat game ,this post is not just about "Mortal Kombat X DLC suggestion" ,since all 4 dlc characters in Kombat Pack are revealed and we are not sure if there will be more coming.

@kagato:Glad you agree ,as i said ,Majesco's funding still not up to another Bloodrayne game it seem.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By ArtisanBreads

There are similar requests for other characters online actually. If you follow Boon like I do on Twitter you'll often see twitter accounts based entirely around getting one character in the game. There's some for characters from the PS2/Xbox era characters that somehow have at least one super devoted fan.

But Bloodrayne sold enough to have more than 1 game so must have some fans. It fits as well as any of the silly stuff already in there and could be a good fighter.

I have to think they put in the characters from the storymode that playable like Rain and Baraka in next.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hassun

Guest characters are nearly always a terrible idea. I would much rather see new characters. Multiple of MKX' new characters are pretty well-designed and I want to see more of that.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads:I'm aware of that ,you mean a story pack Boon metion before ,he also check the profile picture to Gold MKX dragon logo ,so some people specious there will be a Mortal Kombat X Gold like they did with Mortal Kombat 4 ,just specious though.

@hassun:...i guess you did not read my blog post then ,ever since Freddy Krugger was last DLC character in last game i keep overhearing people want just Mortal Kombat ,but crossover goes very well for NRS and in the past there are so many new characters not being popular enough to move on with the franchise.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be game if her facility has Uwe Boll directing it somehow in game.