Question About A Chemical Smell Emanating From The Switch.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BoboBones

I’ve never actually used my Nintendo Switch in portable mode despite owning for 2 years, but Mario Maker 2 has changed that. The nasty chemical smell is giving me a migraine! I have an Autoimmune Disease, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity due to a genetic mutation, and can have a life threatening allergic reaction to perfume, cleaners, food, etc.

Will it wear off if I leave it running in portable mode in another location? My Xbox One X, and PS4 Pro gassed off after a family member left it running for a for awhile. Will the Switch be the same, or am I stuck making levels with a controller?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

lol, you got me to smell my Switch. I guess it does smell a little? I'm sure the more you use it and get your human stink on it, the less it will smell over time.

I've only had it for less than a year but I've used it in handheld mode for probably around 100 hours and it smells most around the vents. My sense of smell is probably my sharpest sense and I honestly think that smell will wear down over time.