Finally, a Souls game that I may actually finish. (first impressions thread)

• 52 results
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just played what is most certainly the best Souls level/area ever; still up in the air whether I'll like this more than Bloodborne but holy shit that's a great level; especially if you're into Sengoku era history and whatnot (or just played a lot of Koei games back when Koei was good).

There's been some amount of criticism for the bosses but aside from the first like 4 or 5 levels pretty much all of the bosses after that point are really entertaining; each level has fairly unique mechanics specific to them as well; some of which are quite extraordinary.

Note: some of the Twilight Missions are completely unique as far as I can tell; not merely different enemies in main levels or harder side missions as was the case in the beta.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Karmosin

I'm not really feeling it so far I have to say. It's alright, but past the solid combat is nothing but a flat story with a protagonist that may as well have been player-created, seeing as he's got no personality at all, tons of garbage loot I have to sift through and uninteresting enviroments, albeit with good level-design.

That's how I feel anyway. I also feel that the bosses have too much health and only one has had more than one phase so far, making the fights rather uneventful when you've figured the pattern out. I'm at boss 4 though, so maybe it'll get better. Maybe it's my weapon or something.