• 77 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

That show will air on October 2nd. I hope this will lead to a release date or at least renew hope for this game ever coming out. We're running out of 2015 for this game.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If it's on Network TV it'll be out the gate next month.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

If it's on Network TV it'll be out the gate next month.

Thats what I'm hoping for. I guess hes also giving some other demos while hes in NYC, The New Yorker or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has to mean release date right? I get at E3 saying "we can't say a date yet", most people who pay attention to E3 are at least a little savvy with the industry and know that stuff happens.

But network TV on one of the more popular late night host's show? There is no way they can show it off and not say a date. Too many "average people" wouldn't understand the point of showing the game off if it isn't coming out soon-ish.

Also if this appearance was locked up before or around E3, makes total sense why they wanted to say a release date but couldn't.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: I'm really hoping for a release date cause man I want this game!

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By afabs515

Wow. I honestly forgot this game existed. This has been one hell of a year. I really want this game too, and I'm hoping for a release date but honestly I don't think it's gonna happen on television. Fingers crossed though.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Weiiiiird. I guess Sony really is putting its full weight behind this game. I bet it's a full price, box release

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you can play it RIGHT NOW!

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not entirely sure that this game exists.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire show will be dedicated to the segment. At the conclusion Colbert will have no idea what he has just seen. He will silently stare at the camera. Credits roll.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW I have a Google alert for nms so nothing gets past me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig

@rongalaxy said:

Weiiiiird. I guess Sony really is putting its full weight behind this game. I bet it's a full price, box release

That's the weirdest thing. Nobody's been taking pre-orders for a boxed release so Sony either ship it (because you'd imagine a TV audience are mostly retail consumers) or this is a big push to say, "OUR BLACK BOX CAN DO THIS! Available on PSN now!" In which case, it's a cannonball effort to get digital ownership in the minds of an audience of millions.

EDIT: So PewDiePie is on the day prior along with Snapchat's founder. False alarm, folks. This is just a 'gaming is cool' week.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Imagine if it's a free PS+ game. This and Rocket League free in one year? Wowza.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

pewdipie is on the day before so maybe they're just incorporating game stuff and that seems like a cool thing that will impress casual viewers idk

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That seems crazy for it to be this year.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: highly doubtful, it's gonna be full retail (and should be). Also pretty sure it won't be this year, maybe first half next at earliest.

Hopefully no one is still confused about what this game is.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@ripelivejam: I know it's going to be a full retail game. Doesn't stop it from being PS+ too. Not that I think it will, I was just saying imagine how insane it would be if it was.

redundantbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By redundantbooth

You don't get a bigger mainstream platform for a release date than this. I can't believe that Sean wouldn't mention the release date, and that it won't be a question from Stephen. Hopefully it releases October sometime, and the announcement for the date is on the show. How could you top a release date announcement on the Tonight Show?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Devil240Z

@redundantbooth said:

You don't get a bigger mainstream platform for a release date than this. I can't believe that Sean wouldn't mention the release date, and that it won't be a question from Stephen. Hopefully it releases October sometime, and the announcement for the date is on the show. How could you top a release date announcement on the Tonight Show?

Thats what I was thinking. How does the release date not come up in a situation like this? Also not The Tonight Show, The Late Show. Man the names of the big talk shows are dumb.

But yeah it seems like the perfect place to announce a release date and price.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@bollard: @ripelivejam: it won't a PS+ freebie, but it'll have a PS+ discount I'd wager. Or maybe if you sign up for PS+ that month you get it gratis?

Calling it now: Sean lands on a planet with a house on, walks in, and Colbert is on the TV interviewing Sean. When's the release date, he asks? The planet blows up. Credits roll.

GameTheoristG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a nice move for Sony if they announced it was releasing this year.

redundantbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a nice move for Sony if they announced it was releasing this year.

I don't think Sony would make an announcement, since Hello Games is an independent studio. But I agree, if they announce it comes out this year, and that it will have day one PSVR support, I will be ecstatic.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chrjz

What is this game?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#24  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@chrjz said:
@ripelivejam said:

What is this game?

Minecraft, but in space. Or something thereabouts.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

Sean will probably be the most honest and the only non fake human being to be on talk show in long time. good for him.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sean will probably be the most honest and the only non fake human being to be on talk show in long time. good for him.

I don't know, the Joe Biden interview was all right.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Well, given how this game is being made and how quiet they are being....I think the game will come out late-November to mid-December. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked by a January release either.

To all the people screaming " They won't miss Christmas ya dummy" I would just say, I don't think Hello Games gives a damn if they missed or made any particular date they had not even set themselves. They just seems particularly unimpressed/unconerned with how any other developers do anything or what anyone thinks about their process. If they show up on the Late show and then say, "... it will be out in a few more months." I would not even be shocked. I hope it is out soon, but I won't tie myself in knots about it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Man, am I actually hype for this.

Even if we don't get a release date, I think this is a perfect chance for a developer to show the general public what games can accomplish now. Think about how most of the gaming community was amazed at the scale of the game and the lrocess used to create it, and imagine the general public being exposed to it. It could go two ways, really: either most of them are amazed or they just don't care because they have no interest.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Has it been established for sure whether this will be a retail game, or just a really marquee downloadable game? If it's downloadable, then the release date kinda doesn't matter because Christmas only matters for retail games anyways.

DayZ or Minecraft or whatever could release any day of the year and be popular, and if this game taps into that same "here is this world for you to explore and exist in" mentality, those people will seek out the game regardless of whether it is released in November/December or not.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no release date, oh well. Still looks really cool though

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh wow! Good for them! Gonna be nice to see Colbert interviewing him.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NeoCalypso

I still have decent hopes that this game will be really great, but I can only watch the same demo where they go onto a planet and walk around doing practically nothing so many times. Either the game is significantly more shallow than we think or they are taking this secretive thing way too far. Starting to get some Spore vibes from this game and it's worrying.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*fart noise*

Well, it still looks pretty slick. Honestly if all this game is just exploring and upgrading your equipment then I'm still as in as I've been since the VGXs. This game is basically what I'd wanna do with my life anyway.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Devil240Z

Yeah even if this game is just that basic thing that people are fearing it's might be. It will be a much more tangible version of when I pretended that a cardboard box was a space ship and the yard was an alien planet when I was a kid. Which will be friggin awesome.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: the general public isn't as tuned in as us. This wasn't for us.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where can someone in the UK watch that segment for free? Nothing on youtube yet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vahleticar: it will probably be on YouTube tomorrow. From my perspective. Timezones. ..

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sparkysanxion

http://youtu.be/ZqeN6hj4dZU

Was a great little segment.

Sean came across very well as usual.

No real ease date :(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Sean still comes across as one of the most genuine and likable people on the planet. Stephen seemed into it. The crowd seemed into it. All in all, I'd say that was a nice showing.

redundantbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Official youtube clip of the entire segment, apparently. They did edit down the full interview in the aired show for time reasons. Game has me even more hyped to explore the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeN6hj4dZU

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Stephen asked about the date right out of the gate even though Sean didn't say.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I'd rather him not release a date yet than give one out and then delay the game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather him not release a date yet than give one out and then delay the game.

The only thing is they already said 2015 so they're gonna have to either release it soon or actually announce a delay. They should have never said 2015 but I imagine they really believed it would be done in 2015 since they said that last xmas. I mean they could go on saying nothing but I feel like they should just copp to their mistake and say sorry guys 2015 aint happening.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Great little demo.

Gotta say, I'm really into Colbert's new show. Interviews in Colbert Report eventually got to be a lot less schtick and a lot more sincere, and he seems to be continuing with that in this new spot.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By a_e_martin

I'm guessing we won't hear any announcements until the PlayStation Experience in December. Though I would've thought Sony would have been keen on getting this out for Christmas, seeing as it's been pretty barren on the exclusives front.

In the meantime, Rebel Galaxy is coming out on PC this month. You can't explore planets, but the space combat and trading aspects look pretty fun.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin: Its not like sony can tell them to release it. They have no actual connection with sony. just a bare bones console exclusivity deal.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: Yeah, I know. That wouldn't stop them from being keen on getting it out though.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wacomole

Is there a chance that on one of the trillions of planets that the game generates, life evolves in such a way that they themselves create a version of the devs of No Man's Sky who make a version of the game that you can play in which one of their trillions of planets evolved an actually good version of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5?

DrFat32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a PS4 for this game over a year ago and will wait patiently for it to come out but man its hard. Every time I see something it just gets me hyped a wee bit more and I just have to sit on my hands.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that segment did more for me on this game than any of Sony's events, for some reason. Still not completely sold, but I'm getting more impressed.