• 64 results
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By teh_destroyer

As a fan of mindless summer blockebuster movies, so I will probably catch it in theaters. I also like John Cusack, he was good in the movie 1408.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By PJ
@CL60 said:
"@Wolverine said:
" @CL60: Wow that is pretty freaky but these planes didn't "end" New York, New York recovered. Hopefully the world doesn't "end" either. "
But still, they predicted the exact date."

Or the terrorist used that day since the mayans had predicted that. In my eyes thats far more possible than anyone predicting anything. Ppl sometimes do shit because someone predicted it.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By penguindust

I usually like Emmerich films as "popcorn" flicks, but I am sick of disaster movies.  However, I am a firm believer in that every film is made better by adding Jon Cusack.  If really want to see him as a father to two girls, I suggest you check out Grace is Gone since while it will certainly have less aircraft carriers being washed ashore in it, it will score higher in plot, character and the general sense of worth you feel for having seen it.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Griddler

I think 2012 is the only other movie im gonna go see at the cinema this year

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By BODDAH

I'm more excited for the day.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#56  Edited By AgentJ

If i did watch it, it would be purely for the special effects. Seeing that aircraft carrier tip over was awesome, but I dont know if i want to pay 10 bucks for that

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By TwoOneFive
One thing you guys all need to remember, Emmerich is fucking king when it comes to making killer trailers for his movies. But ever since Independance Day, his films have sucked worse AND WORSE AND EVEN WORSE!!!

GODZILLA
THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW 
10,000 BC

seriously guys, don't get your hopes up on this one. 

And besides, for anyone who actually knows the facts about the Mayan civilization and their calendar system etc. knows that everything you see in the trailer is complete bullshit and has nothing to do with what the Mayans predicted. 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Scooper

I remember watching Day After Tomorrow with my GF in the cinema and it was awful.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@RHCPfan24 said:
" I was laughing throughout the whole preview. I can't take it seriously. Considering the guy's recent track record including The Day After Tomorrow and 10,000 BC, I have a firm belief that this movie will be pure shit. "
I have to agree.  He better up the ante on the graphics. Those other two movies already show their age & are tiresome to look at, let alone the story is complete shit.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By iam3green

it looks interesting. i really like all of the computer animation that they used. i kind of want to see it just for the graphics in them.

i don't think 2012 is true. yes, it has been predicted but i still don't think it is true. there have been a lot of things that were predicted that never came true.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#61  Edited By spazmaster666

I hated The Day After Tomorrow, and while I did like ID4, I'll probably hate this. Also the trailer starts by implying that the Mayan's were mankind's first civilization. That kind of says it all.

But the CGI looks good nonetheless so I'll probably rent the Bluray when it comes out.

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By karneh

It's all bullshit, really. I come with quotes:

"The sun-worshiping Mayans decided that the year 2012 is the end of this age.  Even scientist agree that every 100 years or so, the sun flares up and fries the solar system

."

The end.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

So does 2012 end with a lot of Americans running across the Mexican border to live in Mexico?   (Oh, the irony!)

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I can not say for certain  solely based on the trailer but that was terrible man !