A window into my time deployed to Iraq...

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Riddler

Yay, my tax dollars giving some worthless mofos a vacation, while i pay 5$ for gas...wooooo

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By DaveF

Haha I was expecting stories of shootouts and big explosions. Are the photos a good representation of what you spent most of your time doing?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Absurd
Riddler said:
"Yay, my tax dollars giving some worthless mofos a vacation, while i pay 5$ for gas...wooooo"
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Karmum
DaveF said:
"Haha I was expecting stories of shootouts and big explosions. Are the photos a good representation of what you spent most of your time doing?
"
Enjoying himself, I presume. Well deserved, fighting his ass off over there.
DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DorianBlack
Riddler said:
"Yay, my tax dollars giving some worthless mofos a vacation, while i pay 5$ for gas...wooooo"
You poor baby.
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I was in the Signal Corps BTW. About 70% of the Army are support jobs. I was responsible for Providing telecommunications and secure/unsecure data communications. Unless I was seting up or changing something I spnt the majority of my day like George Jetson. Waiting for a green light to turn red or something to start beeping funny. My platoon was setup in the nicest place in the country. The Green Zone at the US Embassy(Saddam Husiens old Presidential Palace).

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By atejas

looks more fun than I assumed it would be(even excluding combat)

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowSkill11
atejas said:
"looks more fun than I assumed it would be(even excluding combat)"
I'm single so I enjoyed my as much as can be expected. No injuries, no deaths. We mostly just had indirect fire from rockets and mortars from time to time but nothing major.Just one empty blown up Humvee we replaced within the week.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By atejas
ShadowSkill11 said:
"I was in the Signal Corps BTW. About 70% of the Army are support jobs. I was responsible for Providing telecommunications and secure/unsecure data communications. Unless I was seting up or changing something I spnt the majority of my day like George Jetson. Waiting for a green light to turn red or something to start beeping funny. My platoon was setup in the nicest place in the country. The Green Zone at the US Embassy(Saddam Husiens old Presidential Palace).
"
Ah, so did you see combat?
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I have a friend that's going to Iraq in a few months.

He's going to be in combat though.

:(

God I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him, he's my best friend..

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atejas
ShadowSkill11 said:
"atejas said:
"looks more fun than I assumed it would be(even excluding combat)"
I'm single so I enjoyed my as much as can be expected. No injuries, no deaths. We mostly just had indirect fire from rockets and mortars from time to time but nothing major.Just one empty blown up Humvee we replaced within the week.
"
So no combat, but how was it generally? Locals were friendly? Weather was pretty fucked up, I see....
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShadowSkill11
atejas said:
"ShadowSkill11 said:
"I was in the Signal Corps BTW. About 70% of the Army are support jobs. I was responsible for Providing telecommunications and secure/unsecure data communications. Unless I was seting up or changing something I spnt the majority of my day like George Jetson. Waiting for a green light to turn red or something to start beeping funny. My platoon was setup in the nicest place in the country. The Green Zone at the US Embassy(Saddam Husiens old Presidential Palace).
"
Ah, so did you see combat?
"
My Platoon sergeant was de-balled by a Marine E-7(marines guard Embassy's). He told him that if we came under fire we were to take shelter immediately and let his men defend the site. We were to valuable to loose since we were the ones in charge of the bulk of the communications(the egg heads). There were rockets and mortars fired at the Embassy were I was at but no one taught the insurgents trig because they always hit dirt. Then a gunship instantly passes over head and kills who or what ever fired the crap at us in no time at all.
mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mr_korean
ShadowSkill11 said:
"

So basically it's a "vacationy" type thing where the chance of something actually happens is practically nil?
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowSkill11
mr_korean said:
"ShadowSkill11 said:
"

So basically it's a "vacationy" type thing where the chance of something actually happens is practically nil?"
I guess if you don't count high explosive rockets and mortars being fired into your general direction practically nil.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Absurd

Sounds like uneasy fun.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike

Thanks for your service.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By unclejohnny79

heh looks fun

Avatar image for cleverloginname
CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CleverLoginName

Christ, 147 degress. Cook some food on the humvees hood.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Batman

Damn!  147 degrees!  And I thought 95 was bad.  Are you still in Iraq or are you going back for another tour?

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By duxup

Hot enough for ya?

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By TanKLoveR
DaveF said:
"Haha I was expecting stories of shootouts and big explosions. Are the photos a good representation of what you spent most of your time doing?
"
I was totally expecting the same haha. OMG that was nothing like i thought the situation in Iraq was, i could come up with quite a few funny sketches about those pics but i wont lol. I imagine some ares in Iraq are not quite like that so out of respect lol im gonna leave it alone.