Adapting your snacks for gaming

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sockemjetpack

Snacking and gaming. Two things that go together like roasted red peppers and every sandwich I ever make. We all do it. You're sitting there playing an extended session of Civ or Skyrim or whatever and suddenly you get the uncontrollable urge to waddle to the kitchen and see what riches may be in store. You open the fridge and see a tupperware container that you don't remember ever even owning with some unidentifiable sludge inside it just chilling in the back right corner. You see some hot dogs perhaps, or if you're lucky even a couple slices of (mostly) fresh pizza in a ziploc bag on top of a half empty sleeve of bacon.

Nah I don't want to go through a whole ritual to make my snack and I'm really just looking for something quick and easy. You open the cupboard in search of further options when you spy a bag of Cheetos sitting smugly between a jar of peanut butter and a small bag of flour you bought a while ago with the noble goal of making cookies.

Perfect. Cheetos! That cheesy MSG-filled snack. Then it occurs to you: "If I pour out a bowl of these and start tearing into them I will invariably get cheesy dust all over my keyboard/controller" What do you do?

I found an answer to this not long ago. I rummaged through my cutlery drawer and found a small two pronged fork that I never used for anything else. Now I sit happily at my desk with a bowl of cheetos and my cheeto fork and allow my hunger to be satiated and my keyboard to remain (mostly) pristine.

So my question to all of you is have you found yourself adapting how you snack or what you snack on in order to have it be compatible with how you game? Have you been changing your taste in snacks to accommodate? For instance I've become a fan of sunflower seeds because all I need is the bag and a bowl for the empty seeds. No fork required.

Just a query from a bored guy.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Paliv

I have done similar things. Sometimes I put jelly beans or chips in a cup I can tilt back and snack...just don't tilt too far. As a neat freak I hate getting
Electronics dirty, but no one wants the fuzzy orange controller.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I usually just take a break long enough to eat whatever it is I'm going to eat. I know, I'm weird.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By jacksukeru

@believer258 said:

I usually just take a break long enough to eat whatever it is I'm going to eat. I know, I'm weird.

Not weird, just inefficient!

Whampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Whampire

I actually very rarely eat while gaming.

But I often drink can after can of beer. Which could be considered a snack, to some alcoholics.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By pyromagnestir

I don't snack when gaming. I snack only when bored. Super duper bored.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By fattony12000

MUUUUUUUUUUUURM! GET ME MA CHEETO FURK!

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Zenogiasu

@believer258 said:

Yup, me too. I need both my hands to game, dammit. I'll usually take a break and watch TV while I eat.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Th3irdEye

My gaming snack of choice is goldfish. They aren't really all that messy and satisfy my salty/crunchy cravings. I usually just grab a handful during downtime in a game, such as when I die. Asura's Wrath was messing me up though because I kept forgetting that I may have to hit a button during the cut scenes. So I would have to scramble to press Y or whatever when I was engaged with my goldfish.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 49th

When I need to eat something with my hands I will just put my face in the bowl and scoop it up with my tongue.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheHumanDove

I never snack and game. I do however beverage and game.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Cube

I don't eat and play anymore. If anything I'll have a coffee or a beer.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sockemjetpack

@Fattony12000 said:

MUUUUUUUUUUUURM! GET ME MA CHEETO FURK!

It's more of an "UUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!" than a "MUUUUUUUUUUURM"

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Malarkain

@49th said:

When I need to eat something with my hands I will just put my face in the bowl and scoop it up with my tongue.

Yep, this.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Toxeia

The only activity that should be paired with eating is pooping, as they are both opposite ends of a cycle necessary for life. I refuse to accept that one might play video games while sustaining themselves upon questionable food stuff.

Morriana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Morriana

I almost rarely eat any snacks while playing games but I do guzzle down massive amounts of liquid when I play, almost...unconsciously. It's mostly soda or juice, but I find myself rarely being able to play any game without that lingering thirst feeling taunting me.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By psylah

@Toxeia said:

The only activity that should be paired with eating is pooping, as they are both opposite ends of a cycle necessary for life. I refuse to accept that one might play video games while sustaining themselves upon questionable food stuff.

With a proper length tube and some duct tape, you can combine the two activities.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Roflwaffles

I thought I was the only one who ate cheese puffs with a fork (not really, but I didn't expect so many others to do the same).

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

i got pistachios a few days ago, and im eating them all the time (i love pistachios), but trying to balance the controller on your lap and breaking open the pistachio shell can get quite difficult.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sockemjetpack

@ManU_Fan10ne: Red or white pistachios? Red ones taste better somehow but everyone will know you ate a shitload of pistachios for days afterward.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

i try not to eat when i play games. i hate getting crumbs and things all over everywhere. i'll pause the game, eat and then go back to the game.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mosespippy

If I'm getting deep into the competitive scene for a game then I will eat brain foods like tuna, salmon or rice and I'll stay away from sweets and breads. If I'm playing a Final Fantasy game I will order a pizza and get a 2L root beer. If I get a pint of beer I'll likely end up playing something with driving like Burnout or GTA.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By recroulette

I usually do trail mix or something similar when I'm playing games. 

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@SockemJetpack: white, i think.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By inkerman

I rarely eat in my room, and if I do I try to avoid my computer.

Purpz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Purpz

I just have my butler feed me child tears while playing. No need to move at all!