Adventures in Being a Private Eye (With no Previous Experience)

• 65 results
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By HS21

Drops of water assaulted my window, there was a storm raging outside and it was wetter than a teenage girl on the opening night of a Twilight movie. Six months, six goddamn months of sitting behind my desk, waiting for a case that never comes. I'd given up on looking forward to a job landing right on my lap, the only thing I did look forward to anymore was a hot cup of chocolate delivered to my office by my secretary. I can never call her that in person though, mother said that that's "Fucking stupid" and proceeded to splash me in the face with the mug of hot chocolate still in her hand. Shit was hot.  

I can't wait to put this whole town in my rear view, start up a new life somewhere more promising. But to do that I'll need money, and to get money I'll need a case, and cases just don't come my way. Cragislist you useless mother fucker, I should be swimming in murders, stolen family heirlooms and cases of mistaken identity by now. Instead my inbox is filled with requests like: 

• Wanted: Male & Male, no touching just watching
  • Wanted: One male (20's to 30's) to watch 40 year old married couple water their dog
  • Looking For: Narcoleptic midget to help struggling actor rehearse lines preceded by doing lines of cocaine
  • Wanted: 2nd Gen Ipod Nano

Its been difficult being a private eye, to say the least. It doesn't help that everyone I know does not support me in my endeavours. I've been hearing the same things constantly, "Get a real job, you know, one that actually pays?", "When are you going to move out and give your poor mother a rest?", "You are 27 years old, grow up". I used to be able to ignore them, but lately the voices have been getting louder. Maybe its time I dropped this gig and moved on with my life. I have skills, its not like I'm completely inept. I mean, how hard could it be to watch people "water their dog"? Thinking on it, that's probably code for some perverted sex act, I really shouldn't expect anything less from Craigslist. A "2nd Gen Ipod Nano" is probably what they call a pound of yayo in Florida or something.  

Just as I begin doubting myself and my ever dimming future as a private eye, the unexpected happens. Bursting through my door was a beautiful red head, legs that went on for miles, lips that screamed seduction and eyes that seemed to pierce right through me. This was it, I always imagined it happening like this but I never really thought it would. This broad had a case for me and I was her man. Finally, I'll have something to bite into, prove to everyone that they've been wrong about me, show them that I am somebody, that I'm capable and that I don't need them.  

I stand up from my red elephant bean bag chair, "What's the matter hun?". She steps closer, she looks distressed, her hands are shaking as she brings them up to my face, "Please, please God help me. Its...its my boyfriend". I immediately lose a lot of interest in her, but I keep listening. "I think someone's taken him! We were in bed one night, fooling around, and when I woke up....when I...when I..." I slapped that bitch so hard in the face that for a second I thought I knew what the big bang sounded like. She turns back to me, "Thank you, I needed that. When I woke up he was gone, and I found this in my bed". 

She holds up her hands into the light and in them were....something I could not describe. "What is this?" I asked her. "They're nipple clamps, you've never messed around with them before?" Not wanting to seem inexperienced I reply, "Yeah sure, a few times, these people on Craigslist like to pl...never mind all that, whats that in the clamps?" She begins to lose her composure again, "They're...they're....they're his nipples! They must have torn the clamps off before they took him, oh God, oh God, are you going to help fi..."  

I kick her in the stomach and as she keels over I tell her to get the fuck out. That shit's messed up. Maybe I'll get a job at the Bed Bath & Beyond. 
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HS21

Drops of water assaulted my window, there was a storm raging outside and it was wetter than a teenage girl on the opening night of a Twilight movie. Six months, six goddamn months of sitting behind my desk, waiting for a case that never comes. I'd given up on looking forward to a job landing right on my lap, the only thing I did look forward to anymore was a hot cup of chocolate delivered to my office by my secretary. I can never call her that in person though, mother said that that's "Fucking stupid" and proceeded to splash me in the face with the mug of hot chocolate still in her hand. Shit was hot.  

I can't wait to put this whole town in my rear view, start up a new life somewhere more promising. But to do that I'll need money, and to get money I'll need a case, and cases just don't come my way. Cragislist you useless mother fucker, I should be swimming in murders, stolen family heirlooms and cases of mistaken identity by now. Instead my inbox is filled with requests like: 

• Wanted: Male & Male, no touching just watching
  • Wanted: One male (20's to 30's) to watch 40 year old married couple water their dog
  • Looking For: Narcoleptic midget to help struggling actor rehearse lines preceded by doing lines of cocaine
  • Wanted: 2nd Gen Ipod Nano

Its been difficult being a private eye, to say the least. It doesn't help that everyone I know does not support me in my endeavours. I've been hearing the same things constantly, "Get a real job, you know, one that actually pays?", "When are you going to move out and give your poor mother a rest?", "You are 27 years old, grow up". I used to be able to ignore them, but lately the voices have been getting louder. Maybe its time I dropped this gig and moved on with my life. I have skills, its not like I'm completely inept. I mean, how hard could it be to watch people "water their dog"? Thinking on it, that's probably code for some perverted sex act, I really shouldn't expect anything less from Craigslist. A "2nd Gen Ipod Nano" is probably what they call a pound of yayo in Florida or something.  

Just as I begin doubting myself and my ever dimming future as a private eye, the unexpected happens. Bursting through my door was a beautiful red head, legs that went on for miles, lips that screamed seduction and eyes that seemed to pierce right through me. This was it, I always imagined it happening like this but I never really thought it would. This broad had a case for me and I was her man. Finally, I'll have something to bite into, prove to everyone that they've been wrong about me, show them that I am somebody, that I'm capable and that I don't need them.  

I stand up from my red elephant bean bag chair, "What's the matter hun?". She steps closer, she looks distressed, her hands are shaking as she brings them up to my face, "Please, please God help me. Its...its my boyfriend". I immediately lose a lot of interest in her, but I keep listening. "I think someone's taken him! We were in bed one night, fooling around, and when I woke up....when I...when I..." I slapped that bitch so hard in the face that for a second I thought I knew what the big bang sounded like. She turns back to me, "Thank you, I needed that. When I woke up he was gone, and I found this in my bed". 

She holds up her hands into the light and in them were....something I could not describe. "What is this?" I asked her. "They're nipple clamps, you've never messed around with them before?" Not wanting to seem inexperienced I reply, "Yeah sure, a few times, these people on Craigslist like to pl...never mind all that, whats that in the clamps?" She begins to lose her composure again, "They're...they're....they're his nipples! They must have torn the clamps off before they took him, oh God, oh God, are you going to help fi..."  

I kick her in the stomach and as she keels over I tell her to get the fuck out. That shit's messed up. Maybe I'll get a job at the Bed Bath & Beyond. 
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Have I told you that I love you, HS21?

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Ever the gentleman.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jimbo

Somewhere between Maddox and Max Payne.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By weegieanawrench

Oh man, well done sir. I not sure if this is real or not (I hope it is) but you should do more of this in the future.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I har har'd hard at the bean bag chair. 

Also, wos happened to the Fuck Bunker???

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By ReyGitano

Creative writing at it's finest. Good shit duder.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur

What are nipple clamps? You know what? Don't tell me <.<

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#9  Edited By Yummylee
@mylifeforAiur said:
" What are nipple clamps? You know what? Don't tell me <.< "
You really need to ask? Their name alone kind of gives a vivid enough description I think.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@Abyssfull said:
" @mylifeforAiur said:
You really need to ask? Their name alone kind of gives a vivid enough description I think. "
I can't trust my mind; it's been tainted by the internet <.<
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Were you inspired by Bored to Death?
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Osaladin
@HS21 said:
"I slapped that bitch so hard in the face that for a second I thought I knew what the big bang sounded like."
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, that made me laugh for minutes. 

Truly sir, I am in awe of your glorious talents as a story teller. Encore!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@PeasantAbuse said:
" Were you inspired by Bored to Death? "
I thought the same thing.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By WickedCestus

Nice. 

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HS21
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

" @PeasantAbuse said:

" Were you inspired by Bored to Death? "
I thought the same thing. "
Inspiration: 

@Osaladin: Encore? Well alright: 

Drops of water assaulted my window, there was a storm raging outside and it was wetter than a ........  

@mylifeforAiur said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @mylifeforAiur said:
You really need to ask? Their name alone kind of gives a vivid enough description I think. "
I can't trust my mind; it's been tainted by the internet <.< "

The Epic PM probably doesn't help that. 

@SlashseveN303: Thanks broseph. 

@MarkWahlberg: You know me too well Marky Mark.  

@Abyssfull said:
" I har har'd hard at the bean bag chair.  Also, wos happened to the Fuck Bunker??? "

We're recording this weekend I think?  
JoMu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By JoMu

We need to get someone to read this and record it like an old school radio show. The voice of me reading it in my head doesn't do this piece justice.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GreggD

So good. If you turn this into a saga, I'd appreciate it.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Osaladin
@HS21: You blessed smart ass.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This was great, I think my favourite part was the beanbag chair bit. Also, every time I see a woman upset now I'm going to slap her in the face.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red12b

ChristOnIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ChristOnIce

You know, there is a difference between the present tense and the past tense.  It's generally best to pick one.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SSully

Oh my god that was great man! Please do more

Atto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Atto

You do the private dick  justice, good sir.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By BraveToaster

I was not expecting that sort of ending.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HS21
@JoMu said:
" We need to get someone to read this and record it like an old school radio show. The voice of me reading it in my head doesn't do this piece justice. "
Maybe on that podcast thing we do, maybe, perhaps, maybe? 

@GreggD:  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 

@Osaladin:  Better than a dumb ass, which I am occasionally so....fuck. 

@Gamer_152 said:
" This was great, I think my favourite part was the beanbag chair bit. Also, every time I see a woman upset now I'm going to slap her in the face. "
Probably the greatest thing this blog post could ever accomplish. Go forth, and slap happy.  

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@ChristOnIce said:
" You know, there is a difference between the present tense and the past tense.  It's generally best to pick one. "
I was thinking the same thing.

All humor but no writing.  You're better than that, HS21.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HS21
@Atto said:
" You do the private dick  justice, good sir. "
I do dick. Wait, what? 

@dudeglove: At a glance I thought you were going to say it needs Jazz. How fucking different that would have been... 

@ChristOnIce: You're a liar and I can tell you're lying to me. 

@HaltIamReptar:
Pshh, the hell I am. Nothing but mediocrity from me baby.  
JoMu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoMu
@dudeglove:   hmmmmm.  A sax you say? I like this one. 

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FCKSNAP
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31  Edited By Geno
@HS21 said:
I slapped that bitch so hard in the face that for a second I thought I knew what the big bang sounded like.   
Pulitzer. 
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#33  Edited By Jazz

Put the Chandler down and move away from the keyboard.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Did I tell you that I used to be a secret agent once? We should hang out some time.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By landon

Funny, I would have pegged you for the type of person who would play the rebound guy after you "looked" for her boyfriend. Also, this story reminded me of this comic.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Osaladin
@Sweep: Sweep & HS21 colab?
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HS21
@JoMu: That's more like it. 

@Jazz said:
" Put the Chandler down and move away from the keyboard. "

@Landon: That's amazing, you just can't deny that she has legs for miles.  

@Sweep said:
" Did I tell you that I used to be a secret agent once? We should hang out some time. "
Let's workshop some time, share some trade secrets, steal a priceless artifact, get into some zany hijinks.  

@Osaladin:  We might break Giant Bomb, Frakes everywhere! 
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By OmegaPirate

0_O

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HS21
@OmegaPirate:  I always read your username as OmeglePirate.
Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By Parabole
@Landon: literal! I like. 
This was a mix of funny, intriguing and odd. Good reading while I was aimlessly looking through the Off-topics.
TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheChaos
This is why I follow you.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

God damn! That was quite the entertaining read.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OmegaPirate
@HS21 said:

" @OmegaPirate:  I always read your username as OmeglePirate. "

That would actually be pretty sweet 

Now i want to change my username :3
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HS21
@Chaser324: Glad you got something out of my failed attempt at being a private investigator.  

@OmegaPirate: If you haven't linked your account to the other sites like Screened can't you make a new username there and then link it to your GB one?
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HS21
@Parabole: The Off Topic is my home, that and the iCarly forums. 
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Cool story bro. 

Write a book by the way.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HS21
@afrofools said:
" Cool story bro.  Write a book by the way. "
Would you buy it and how much are you willing to pay? Also, would it have to be longer than this blog post? Because that's kind of a deal breaker.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@HS21: It would have to be $400 and available internationally, or at-least as an eBook. I'm kind of writing a book right now.  If you want writing easier you can download the programs Q10 for windows, Writeroom for Mac, or PyRoom for Linux. They are fullscreen text editors which means all you see is your text, and maybe a word-count. You can customize the colors but they are default normally something like Fallout's Pipboy (Amber on Black). You use keyboard shortcuts for saving, opening, cutting/copying pasting, and undo-ing. Seriously helps me, because I hate seeing shoddy interfaces that come with all the text editors (Except ironically iWorks on iPad, and seriously who the hell buys a friggin' iPad that needs to type).
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By beargirl1

good 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By turboman

Hey, I really enjoyed reading your blog. I hope you do more some day.