Alone on Xmas? Wtf happened?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I realized last night that I had no plans for today. My girlfriend is a 3 hour drive away, My mother is at her boyfriends parents, My father is at his girlfriends parents. My friends are with their parents and whatnot. So I'm solo. I mean I suppose I would have been welcome to attend any of the functions that I listed but they all kind of sound boring as crap.

But at least I have videogames, beer and wedged potatoes. Though sadly safeway was out of the little cups of ranch dip.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think this is what Zooey Deschanel said in 500 Days of Summer:  "Life Happened"

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chop

Pretty much. Everyone has gotten married and has kids and are now doing their own shit now. I'm all ALONEEEEEEEEEEEE

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By herocide

Slept through Christmas and didn't do shit. Visiting my brother tomorrow on Boxing Day/his Birthday, though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

@Chop said:

Pretty much. Everyone has gotten married and has kids and are now doing their own shit now. I'm all ALONEEEEEEEEEEEE

Exactly. All my friends are fucking married and shit its lame.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SadPatrol

Sounds sad. Play some online video games, or spend all day on facebook. Up to you

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daryl

I think the answer is you simply didn't bother and thus, you end up with the mess you're in now. Happy holidays!

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rudyftw

Remember it's just another day. Just because your alone doesn't mean you'll always be alone. -Oprah (probably)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

I am alone as well, though mainly because I'm working through the holidays, everybody in my department is gone, and I can't go anywhere for fear of somebody just running up and kicking the legs out from under this jerry-rigged operation. 

I also bought myself a PlayStation 3 a few days ago since I've been working my ass off, and it's well deserved. I just put in like, four hours to Dead Nation.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By duskvamp

Go give your girlfriend a surprise Christmas visit.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McGhee

Now you have all day to play videogames instead of bothering with pain-in-the-ass family. Be thankful.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By babblinmule
@DuskVamp said:

Go give your girlfriend a surprise Christmas visit.

This was my first thought. Oh, and bring flowers - flowers make every thing better.
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By audiosnow

I'm gonna add a vote for "bring your girlfriend flowers."

As saccharin as it sounds, the best thing for you is to make someone else's day.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By RobotHamster

I honestly wouldn't have minded if I was alone, Christmas isn't as big as a deal for me anymore. It's pretty much just another day but people go out and spend money on presents because it's Christmas.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By vonFlampanker

Depending on your family it can be a blessing to be alone on Christmas. The shit part is you end up feeling guilty either way.

Find three hours of appropriate audio and go surprise your girlfriend.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deathstriker666

You're telling me that you're a grown ass man and your parents both have girl friends/boy friends that both themselves have parents that are still alive? Fuck, that's crazy!

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rattle618

Lucky you.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Milkman

I spent the last two days on a marathon family tour so I'm honestly a little jealous of you right now. I got Rayman: Origins this morning and I can't even play it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Devil240Z

@deathstriker666 said:

You're telling me that you're a grown ass man and your parents both have girl friends/boy friends that both themselves have parents that are still alive? Fuck, that's crazy!

Well I am 23 and my mother/father are 43/45. Also my dad and his girlfriend have been together for like 12 years. they just arent married and probably never will be.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NathHaw

Did nothing today. It's pretty much how I planned it. Got the usual text messages and such.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Devil240Z

@SadPatrol said:

Sounds sad. Play some online video games, or spend all day on facebook. Up to you

Well I am playing GT5 offline and I have 18 friends on FB. All of whom are busy doing xmas stuff.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Winternet

I'm very traditional so I spent all yesterday and today with my family. Same goes with New Years's Eve and New Year's Day, except I go out at night with my friends.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By handlas

whole family went on vacation without me. Job wouldnt let me off (haven't taken a vacation in a year). Fuckers. Christmas thru the New Year with no fam. Needless to say I'm looking for a new job.

I feel ur pain. On the upside...damn I've gotten to play a lot of videogames for once. Usually don't have the time.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mosespippy

@Devil240Z: I'm in the same situation, kind of. I chose not to participate in Christmas this year because it's society guilting civilization into overspending on worthless crap. I see my loved ones every week. I don't need to spend today with them. They went to visit other relatives. I was thinking about doing something cool on my day to myself. Like maybe climbing Mount Scio and snowboarding down but my winter jacket's zipper is broken so it would be really, really cold, the snow isn't a great quality for boarding and I slept in too late. I ended up cleaning the house without distractions, which I can only do because no one is around. And I'm finishing it off with some video games. Not as exciting as I would have hoped but I guess Christmas is just like any other day.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Devil240Z

@mosespippy said:

@Devil240Z: I'm in the same situation, kind of. I chose not to participate in Christmas this year because it's society guilting civilization into overspending on worthless crap. I see my loved ones every week. I don't need to spend today with them. They went to visit other relatives. I was thinking about doing something cool on my day to myself. Like maybe climbing Mount Scio and snowboarding down but my winter jacket's zipper is broken so it would be really, really cold, the snow isn't a great quality for boarding and I slept in too late. I ended up cleaning the house without distractions, which I can only do because no one is around. And I'm finishing it off with some video games. Not as exciting as I would have hoped but I guess Christmas is just like any other day.

Aye its just another day. I mean my parents dont care that I am not the they just want me to be happy. actually they all made comments about me not seeing my girlfriend today. I mean she was like you could always come with us but I said that it was cool, I'll just go solo.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

my family did our xmas last week since they drove up to Ohio, did a xmas eve/engagement anniversary thing with the fiancee last night before taking her to the airport on her way to Chicago to see her family.

i'm enjoying the day tho, playing some games, playing around on my new tablet, texting people, watching Mythbusters marathon. sucks i have to go back to work on Tues

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Devil240Z

@handlas said:

I feel ur pain. On the upside...damn I've gotten to play a lot of videogames for once. Usually don't have the time.

Yeah its weird I put like 100 or so hours into skyrim since it came out. but I feel like I'm not even sure if I like playing games anymore. I want to want to game but I always find myself bored by them. I would rather be watching tv with my girlfriend. I don't know its a weird transition in my life.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Devil240Z said:

My girlfriend is a 3 hour drive away

You won't make a 3-hour drive to be with your girl on Christmas? Man up, duder.
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Devil240Z: Well, I'm in Kuwait on a deployment. What is your excuse for not driving a few hours?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By McShank

@Devil240Z said:

@Chop said:

Exactly. All my friends are fucking married and shit its lame.

Hell, I was trying to spend time with me mum only this year but i had half my co-workers invite me to go party at someones house or my friends just inviting themselves over to party at my place..

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vonocourt

I worked.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Devil240Z

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Devil240Z: Well, I'm in Kuwait on a deployment. What is your excuse for not driving a few hours?

Damn people are on my ass about that... Funny thing is I probably wont get to see her again until Saturday cause she is staying at her parents for the break(shes a senior in college)

@Vonocourt said:

I worked.

I wish I worked. I'm a seasonal temp at gamestop and I get hardly any hours... I need a real job.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Man I remember the best xmas I had was when I was alone with a bag of coke, heaps of weed, a couple of bottles of scotch and Megadrive and SNES emulators.

Everyone I knew was at least 500 miles away and it was awesome.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Spent my Christmas alone as well and it was nice to just take a break from the family holiday stuff.

Live far away from my family and I have just gotten an apartment so not much money left.

Meaning: no guilt trip for not coming down this year.
Meaning: no guilt trip for not coming down this year.

Yeah, this Christmas was great.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TomA

You should have just gone to one of the get togethers, Christmas is about family and love, and your family would love to have you I'm sure. Also, I find it kind of dumb that you aren't willing to drive 3 hours to spend Christmas with your significant other. I mean come on man. And sure those parties might not be that fun, but suck it up and go. I mean this with respect.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TomA

Wow reading some of these responses is pretty depressing. To sum it up, people complaining about the commercialization of Christmas, having less than ideal family members, and OP talking about how lame it is that people are getting married. How yeah it's so lame that two people have found their soulmates and are super happy together.