Am I the only one who can't stand today's generation?

• 152 results
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people. I mean I see 12 year old girls in skimpy clothes and spoiled 10 year olds with cell phones. God I hope things don't continue this way. So anyone else notice?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I want to punch Boxxy in the god damn face.  This includes all the fucking wapanese idiots...they don't realize how much Japanese people hate them and they give American here a bad image.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lifestrike

Everyone is shit.

Everyone.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Milkman

Yep because it was so different in past generations. Childs always treated their parents with respect.

/sarcasm

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Your grandpa thought the same of you back in the day. Or worse.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people. I mean I see 12 year old girls in skimpy clothes and spoiled 10 year olds with cell phones. God I hope things don't continue this way. So anyone else notice?"
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I would say that some of the kids of the army guys that my tour group met up with in japan were some of the biggest brats i have ever seen/
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod

That is how most generations go. Usually kids rebel against there parents.

INGRATES!!

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Definitely. When preteen girls try and get me to buy them booze, I take their money and buy myself booze instead. It's a pretty good system I have going.

Milkman said:

"Yep because it was so different in past generations. Childs always treated their parents with respect.

/sarcasm"
No, but you wouldn't get taken to court by your 14 year because you grounded them. In fact, it was acceptable to give your kid a real good smack for being a back talking dick. Try doing that today and you'll probably end up in jail.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Careful chainblast, next time they might accuse you of... stuff...

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By halberdierv2

i can't stand the lack of morals in this generation, especially the rampant drive towards materialism.even though a lot of people disregard religion nowadays, it at least allowed people so show each other respect through morals, the same ones which are being tossed aside for hedonism.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By raven_squad

Same shit's been going on forever, your just to the point of realizing it. Kids/teens suck. Always have, always will. That includes you when you were that age. 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero
dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people. I mean I see 12 year old girls in skimpy clothes and spoiled 10 year olds with cell phones. God I hope things don't continue this way. So anyone else notice?"
I don't think this is anything too new, man. Just now cell phones are way more commonly used by everyone including teens and every girl in America shops at Victoria's Secret regardless of age. Same stuff, different form. You know how it is. Now... the good thing to do is to stop hating on today's generation and start inspiring them to better their worlds. Leading by example, teaching them things from the past, those sort of things.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZenaxPure
TheGreatGuero said:
" the good thing to do is to stop hating on today's generation and start inspiring them to better their worlds. Leading by example, teaching them things from the past, those sort of things."
Or lock yourself in a room somewhere away from it all!

>_>
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Gunner

I dont know, i think the teens of the 80's were much worse.. Only back then instead of having sex they were doing hard drugs and getting into fights.

True quote from Jack Grisham, singer of TSOL during the 80's

"Yeah that girl passed out an i pissed in her face, so what?"

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne
dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people.
Every generation thought this. For thousands and thousands of years. The generation you complain about now will complain about the generation that comes after. Don't do it. It leads nowhere. You will only become a grumpy old man. One of the guys that today postulate the banning of video games, because they're responsible for the fact that we are so much more deteriorated than the older generations.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By diz
Halberdierv2 said:
"i can't stand the lack of morals in this generation, especially the rampant drive towards materialism.even though a lot of people disregard religion nowadays, it at least allowed people so show each other respect through morals, the same ones which are being tossed aside for hedonism."

Not all religions are as "moral" as you make out. Also, human moral values do pre-date religious ones: Religions inherited their morals from pre-existing societal norms.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aurelito

Last generation? dude world is much more expended than you imagine. in some countries, they're fucked. it's the end of post-WWII generation. another critical situation and another generation will begin. humans were never constant and they won't be.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Drebin_893

And I can't stand sweeping generalisations.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I can see the point your making and I've dealt some of the rude, ignorant kids out there being a teenager myself. I live in Britain and according to government statistics we have the worst teenagers in Europe, 27% of teens are regularly drunk, 44% have been involved in some kind of fight in the last year and we have problem with truancy, teenage pregnancy and so on. However, in my personal experience I've still managed to find a number of people among my generation that aren't the loud-mouthed, dull-minded, inconsiderate youth that have been portrayed in the media, in fact I go to an entire college full of people like that. The matter of the fact is that although there are undeniably at least some rotten apples in this basket, every generation seems to think the next one along is worse than any that has preceded it. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the problem with youth has simply changed and not worsened but whatever the case I don't think this generation is far leap from the previous that some make it out to be.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaosAngel said:
"I want to punch Boxxy in the god damn face.  This includes all the fucking wapanese idiots...they don't realize how much Japanese people hate them and they give American here a bad image."
Agreed. Fuck the weeabo idiots. I'm 17 and consider myself well behaved, but I know where you're coming from with the preteen stuff. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 13. You just don't need one at that young of an age.
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SoothsayerGB

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Seriously thoe, I'm almost 30.  My gen is the same as this younger gen.  The only difference is this gen is more heard then mine was.  All kids are the same.   There are plenty of decent minded young kids out there on XBL.

Shit, haven't you ever seen Clerks?!

You don't hear the ones, that don't speak.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mushir

Hey, Im 14 and I think Im pretty OK. I have respect for my parents and teachers. I didn't get a cell-phone till I was like 12, and that was because I HAD to get one because our class was going on this trip for a week.

I really hate this time period. I wish I was born in 80's or something. The fashion is pathetic, most of the music is horrendous and the whole world is basically fucked up. Unfortunately, the world is probably just gonna go downhill from here, so we might as well try to enjoy "today" as much as we can.
Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Psyx2

Every generation has its issues. I don't understand today's generation either - I'm also 14, but I still don't own a cell phone or even want/need one. A cell phone is for communication, nothing else; I can't stand the people who get a new phone every year just because there's a cooler one out, and scream at their parents just because they said no.

It's not going to get any better. But thankfully there are some sane people in every generation that aren't that bad.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Red

Me too. Dudes swear and think it's cool. They text...I don't really get the point of texting. They don't type out words full because they think it takes less time. They just think they're adult and experienced, but only end up appearing less-so because of their ignorance. Teenagers suck.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By JonathanMoore

Congrads. You've lost your soul. When you get to the point that you lose faith in the younger generation, I pity you. There going to be the most important people in the world very soon. The world doesn't stand still dude, you have to evolve with it.

-- God Bless.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I know there are some ten-year-olds that brag about how they have so many girlfriends on Runescape and act like some punk-ass kissup when you give them just twenty bucks for Christmas money that I just want to beat the ever-loving crap out of. Man, I even want to beat myself up for some of the stuff I did when I was 7, 10, or even 13. This is out of mere curiousity, but isn't there stuff that you hated about yourself while in the pre-teen part of life? I mean, don't get me wrong, kids these days are straight-up spoiled, but wouldn't that be a form of innocence from a child, kinda like what everyone has in their tween years? So, maybe what I'm saying is if it's just kind of a normal phase for kids?

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Commando

I know we were respectful to our parents.

I'm not mad about kids getting cell phones at 10 years old when I had to wait until I was 16 and had a car, because it was new technology when I was a kid and not many people had them, besides business people. Now it's mainstream, and it keeps their children safe and in touch. 
What I am mad about, is how lazy of a society they have become. Most McDonalds don't even have playgrounds anymore because of lawsuits! They have these damn computer things. I remember I even had my birthday party at McDonalds once because of the badass playhouse. I coached intramurals soccer(age 4-10) when I was in high school. Most of the kids respected me and listened to me during practice as long as I was somewhat lenient when it was free time.  Only one kid disrespected me, and he ended up getting expelled for stabbing a classmate with a pencil. They were all very courteous to their parents when their parents came to pick them up, and they all didn't want soccer to end when their season ended.
The only problem is, half of them were fat fucks. AT THAT AGE! It's only been 10 years since I was 9 years old, and I remember we were outside playing all the time. We stayed very active during the day, and played videogames at night. 90% of us were skinny. Now it's like 65% are fat fucks who don't get off their asses during the day. This is bad. If you're fat at that age, you'll probably never get to a healthy weight.

And no offense to the OP, but I feel like it's the parent's fault for raising their kid wrong if the kid is that bad. Kids learn from their parents.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toowalrus
thebipsnbeeps said:
"I even want to beat myself up for some of the stuff I did when I was 7, 10, or even 13. This is out of mere curiousity, but isn't there stuff that you hated about yourself while in the pre-teen part of life?
Dude, yes. I was forced to go to a christian school that raged a war against pokemon... because of, you know, evolution. I can't believe I bought into that shit.

Yeah, I'm 18 and I feel the same way. The class of '08 was awesome. But this is nothing new, every generation feels better than every generation to come after it. Only time will tell (and prove us right).
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Drebin_893

Come gather around people, wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon, for the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
For the loser now will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
And don't criticize what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast
The slow one now will later be fast
As the present now will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now will later be last

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rowr

caus someone wasnt saying this exact same thing about you whatever amount of years ago.

>.>

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Red
JonathanMoore said:
"Congrads. You've lost your soul. When you get to the point that you lose faith in the younger generation, I pity you. There going to be the most important people in the world very soon. The world doesn't stand still dude, you have to evolve with it.-- God Bless."
I'm not saying all of them. Hey, there are some great 10-13 year olds, but you can't tell me that crap like Soulja Boy and High School Musical is good music.

Although, I will forever hate 7 year olds, no matter what the generation.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGremp
Lifestrike said:
"Everyone is shit.

Everyone."

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By oldschool

As probably the oldest person on this forum, no generation is worse than any other.  They are all simply products of their time.  A dickhead in 1964 is no more a dickhead than the dickhead of 1975, or the dickhead of 1986 or the dickhead of 1997 or the dickhead of 2009.

Noticing pesky kids just means you are getting old.  Hang on to you hemorrhoid ring, this ride is only going to get worse for you.

Never judge a generation by the bad examples you see.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crunchUK
Gamer_152 said:
"I can see the point your making and I've dealt some of the rude, ignorant kids out there being a teenager myself. I live in Britain and according to government statistics we have the worst teenagers in Europe, 27% of teens are regularly drunk, 44% have been involved in some kind of fight in the last year and we have problem with truancy, teenage pregnancy and so on. However, in my personal experience I've still managed to find a number of people among my generation that aren't the loud-mouthed, dull-minded, inconsiderate youth that have been portrayed in the media, in fact I go to an entire college full of people like that. The matter of the fact is that although there are undeniably at least some rotten apples in this basket, every generation seems to think the next one along is worse than any that has preceded it. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the problem with youth has simply changed and not worsened but whatever the case I don't think this generation is far leap from the previous that some make it out to be."
wow

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dr_nefarious
Meowayne said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people.
Every generation thought this. For thousands and thousands of years. The generation you complain about now will complain about the generation that comes after. Don't do it. It leads nowhere. You will only become a grumpy old man. One of the guys that today postulate the banning of video games, because they're responsible for the fact that we are so much more deteriorated than the older generations."
I'm pretty sure my generation and the generations before me the girls didn't wear skimpy clothes and act like sluts at a young age. You have to admit even if this stuff did happen in the past it is far worse today and I have a hard time believing that there were as many kids who were disrespectful to their parents back then. I mean I was born in the late 80's and I would have gotten beat for talking back to my parents, the same goes for other people in my age group. Now sex, drugs, ect..is a whole other topic I'm sure that's been going on for ages.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gizmo

Gah, a vast majority of teenagers suck. In England we have Turkish/indian/English kids pretending to be jamaican, it's a really sorry state.
One can only assume that is what has led to the increased knife crimes of recent years.

From what I can see, teenagers of yester-year used to chill out, smoke weed and go to Led Zeppelin concerts. Now, teenagers have misinterpreted a fad and using it as a lifestyle choice.
All those people who think listening to a certain type of music diversifies you from the other person, YOU'RE WRONG. Write the music yourself, then you can.

It's horrible to see teenagers listening to crap like Soulja Boy and being completely shut off from any other type of art form or genre of music.
I'm a teenager myself by the way.

As soon as I get the opportunity, i'm taking a plane and moving to Alaska, don't ask me why, I just am.

/rant

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dr_nefarious
Drebin_893 said:
"I feel I should repeat this again, for Dr_Nefrious's sake.Come gather around people, wherever you roamAnd admit that the waters around you have grownAnd accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the boneIf your time to you is worth savin'Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'Come writers and critics who prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soon, for the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' who that it's namin'For the loser now will be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'Come senators, congressmen, please heed the callDon't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hallFor he that gets hurt will be he who has stalledThe battle outside ragin'Will soon shake your windows and rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'Come mothers and fathers throughout the landAnd don't criticize what you can't understandYour sons and your daughters are beyond your commandYour old road is rapidly agingPlease get out of the new one if you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'The line it is drawn, the curse it is castThe slow one now will later be fastAs the present now will later be pastThe order is rapidly fadin'And the first one now will later be lastFor the times they are a-changin' "
Yes Yes I understand "times are a-changin" and there is nothing I can do about it. But I will still criticize.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Leave the pretentious little scamps alone, blame the parents. Or something like that. The media...Video-games...

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dr_nefarious
Oriental_Jams said:
"Leave the pretentious little scamps alone, blame the parents. Or something like that. The media...Video-games..."
Oh I know it's the parents. The parents who have these kids and don't raise them right should have been born sterile and I mean that with all seriousness.
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dragonseer

For a start, how old are you?  You are probably talking about your own generation unless you are around 30 or older.   As for myself, I am a generation Xer, which I would define as those born in the 60s and 70s, while the 80s and 90s are Gen Y.   While I am only just Gen Xer, born in 78, I still notice a few key differences between my gen and those of Gen Y, mostly:

- Those in Gen Y are much more into communications technology, internet and mobile phones etc - whereas we never had that stuff while we were in high school, so it is not a cornerstone of our social lives 

- Those in Gen Y have their opinions formed much more from a Politicised education system, whereas we were the last generation to benefit from a 'classic' education, and weren't exposed to a politically correct social engineering type of cirriculum that is in fashion now

Anyway I don't think the younger generation is any more or less polite really, teenagers have been horrible for a pretty long time now, look at all the 'greasers' in the 50s with their street racing and brawling and the 'hippies' in the 60s with their drugs and free love and whatnot

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#42  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Not to try and attack anyone here but there seems to be two types of post breaking out, those dealing with the attitude, behaviour and wellbeing of todays generation of young people and those simply criticizing modern youth culture. Not that everyone isn't entitled to their opinion but I feel it's a bit unfair to say that there is a problem with the generation today because of the way they dress, what they listen to etc. I mean I don't like Soulja Boy any more than the next guy but it's just part of a different culture, you shouldn't hate an entire generation of people because individuals among them like certain things you dislike.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By destro

Yeah kids and teens today are little fuckers. Their parents just give them whatever they want and don't punish them when they need punished. Plus the media and TV has really fucked up this generation. All kids and teens do is watch shitty, brainwashing TV. Teenage girls who watch "The Hills" and all those other really shitty reality shows are the worst because they try to act and be like them..dress like them and etc. Its just really sad that people have to act/dress not like themselves to be popular. I live in Canada, Southern Ontario to be a bit more specific and it gets damn cold in the winter time...obviously. I recently graduated High School but when i used to go i would see teenage boys and girls wearing clothes like its the fucking summer and they live in California or something, during the winter............... Its just so stupid and makes no sense to me why they have to dress like that. Clearly they watch way to much of the O.C. or one of those other gay California shows and they want their lives to be like that.

New parents are little pricks to though and half of them don't even look like they know what their doing.

Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dragonseer
destro said:
"Yeah kids and teens today are little fuckers....

Ha ha.  Yeah the worst thing is the language those little fuckers use all the time
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dr_nefarious
Gamer_152 said:
"Not to try and attack anyone here but there seems to be two types of post breaking out, those dealing with the attitude, behaviour and wellbeing of todays generation of young people and those simply criticizing modern youth culture. Not that everyone isn't entitled to their opinion but I feel it's a bit unfair to say that there is a problem with the generation today because of the way they dress, what they listen to etc. I mean I don't like Soulja Boy any more than the next guy but it's just part of a different culture, you shouldn't hate an entire generation of people because individuals among them like certain things you dislike."
You could say I do both. But I only say something about it when I think it's a problem. Take most kids in a public school setting for instance. Now I know that this does not apply to all schools but I have heard about many schools where they are having problems with the kids today more than ever. It's so bad that kids in elementary have been caught bringing knifes and concealed weapons to school on a average basis. My mom is an 8th grade science teacher and most of the kids in her class periods cuss and talk back to her at least every day. She says she fears for her life at times because the kids are extremely violent. Cops have to patrol the school campus daily. This is how horrid it is. So please just try to understand where I am coming from.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By toowalrus

Quit putting lyrics into forums... ugh. Stupid kid.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Drebin_893

Relevancy is key. That was the first time I've ever done it.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dr_nefarious
Drebin_893 said:
"Relevancy is key. That was the first time I've ever done it."
You didn't have to post it twice though. I saw it the first time but I just didn't care to reply to it..
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Drebin_893

Fair enough, still personal attacks are unnecessary.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Canberra

KaosAngel said:

"I want to punch Boxxy in the god damn face.  This includes all the fucking wapanese idiots...they don't realize how much Japanese people hate them and they give American here a bad image."

Kaos, punching anyone is not allowed, but punching little girls in the face is a definite no no.