Am I the only one who can't stand today's generation?

• 152 results
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By TheHBK

My philosophy is that a kick to the face will fix anyone.  And kids are easier since they are shorter.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Vision

I love how people blame the kids and not the parents
yes the kids is a part of it but it's the parents who's supposed to teach them their manners.
I myself am 19 by the way.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By toowalrus
TheHBK said:
"My philosophy is that a kick to the face will fix anyone.  And kids are easier since they are shorter."
*Kick to the throat.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Demyx

I think its just teenagers in general. They'll grow out of it, hopefully.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By penguindust
'In my day, if you wanted to make a call, you stuck your head out the window'
'In my day, if you wanted to make a call, you stuck your head out the window'
Goodness, I'm probably older than any of you other than "oldschool" and you all sound like a bunch of angry old coots who missed an episode of Matlock.  In my experience, the majority of kids are actually fairly decent human beings.  They may do or say things that they shouldn't but all kids do because that's what growing up is all about.  Or has everyone gotten so far removed from their youth that they can no longer remember their venturesome past?  The truth is your parents are bitching about your generation just as you complain about the current generation.  And guess what, in a few years, kids today will be adults and they'll be criticizing the next set of kids.  But, I think each generation gets smarter (for the world they live in), more tolerant, and enjoys greater freedoms and opportunities than the previous one.  I'd count that as a good thing.

So, lighten up on today's youth or when you get old, they'll put you in a home...and not one of the good ones...one of the crappy ones seen on 60 minutes.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Drebin_893

Also, the behaviour of the current generation is a direct result of the choices and behaviour of the preceeding generation.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By dr_nefarious
Drebin_893 said:
"Fair enough, still personal attacks are unnecessary."
Um I didn't personally attack you..
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Drebin_893

Yup, hence why I wasn't talking to you : )

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HandsomeDead
oldschool said:
"As probably the oldest person on this forum, no generation is worse than any other.  They are all simply products of their time.  A dickhead in 1964 is no more a dickhead than the dickhead of 1975, or the dickhead of 1986 or the dickhead of 1997 or the dickhead of 2009.

Noticing pesky kids just means you are getting old.  Hang on to you hemorrhoid ring, this ride is only going to get worse for you.

Never judge a generation by the bad examples you see.
"
And that's the thread.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dr_nefarious
Drebin_893 said:
"Yup, hence why I wasn't talking to you : )"
How did I personally attack you? and If I did, a thousand apologies.  
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Drebin_893

Ah, I see I phrased that poorly.
What i meant to say:
I know you didn't attack me, all your arguments have been well reasoned and  fair. I wasn't directing that "Personal Attack" comment at you.

Sorry for the mix up.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dr_nefarious
Drebin_893 said:
"Ah, I see I phrased that poorly.What i meant to say:I know you didn't attack me, all your arguments have been well reasoned and  fair. I wasn't directing that "Personal Attack" comment at you.Sorry for the mix up."
Oh I see.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

All teenagers and pre-teens are assholes.  Always have been always will be.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I've been well-behaved since I was 10.  Consequently, you end up having less fun.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I blame it on pop culture.But were part of the problem more or less.
There are stories of girls attacking other girls in groups becouse of Twillight.And Miley Cyrus complaining that nobody knows who she really is when every single detail of her is stalked and over comercialized.This generation is sorta lame but im part of it that isnt that horrible.

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

sidescroller said:

"I'm only 16, and I am pretty easy to get along with.SO FUCK U CUZ UR OPPINION IS FUKIN RONG K?!"

Ya this would be a perfect example why people can't stand our generation.
bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By bigpig33
dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people. I mean I see 12 year old girls in skimpy clothes and spoiled 10 year olds with cell phones. God I hope things don't continue this way. So anyone else notice?"
it's your generation that is the parents of todays teens, and the parents are the problem
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Babble

Ho Humbug! Get off my lawn you darn kids!

Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Epic1990
dr_nefarious said:
"I'm talking most young teens and even preteens. They're so rude and I see the way most of them treat their parents and I constantly think that my generation is the last generation of well behaved people. I mean I see 12 year old girls in skimpy clothes and spoiled 10 year olds with cell phones. God I hope things don't continue this way. So anyone else notice?"
Wow. You must have lead an amazing life. You know, going around and meeting an entire generations teens and preteens.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jayge_

This topic is more predictable than an episode of Scooby Doo.

If the OP still thinks that he's right, or that he's stumbled on to some revelation that nobody else has ever thought of (or that his reasons for justifying it are original or correct) then he needs to step back and take a good, long look at himself in the mirror.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Coltonio7

FUCK YOU DAD! ! ! ! !

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By dr_nefarious
sidescroller said:
"I'm only 16, and I am pretty easy to get along with.SO FUCK U CUZ UR OPPINION IS FUKIN RONG K?!"
I think I just proved my point..
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jayge_
dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
I think I just proved my point.."
He proved that you don't understand over-the-top sarcasm...
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dr_nefarious
Epic1990 said:
"dr_nefarious said:
Wow. You must have lead an amazing life. You know, going around and meeting an entire generations teens and preteens.
"
I am publishing a book actually. Hope you'll buy.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By dr_nefarious
Jayge said:
"This topic is more predictable than an episode of Scooby Doo.

If the OP still thinks that he's right, or that he's stumbled on to some revelation that nobody else has ever thought of (or that his reasons for justifying it are original or correct) then he needs to step back and take a good, long look at himself in the mirror.
"
I don't see how I have anything to do with this..
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jayge_
dr_nefarious said:
"Jayge said:

"
I don't see how I have anything to do with this.."
The entire basis of the topic is your perception of the generation of children growing up beneath yours, a perception that (as pointed out by many others) is rather flawed. So... that's what you have to do with it.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By RetroIce4

Doesn't this happen with every generation. We all have the same feelings toward preteens and teens. We were/are them.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By JoelTGM
dr_nefarious said:
Yeah I agree.  There's an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school in this one area.  The high school kids skip school to be at the skatepark and tear down street signs, the middle school kids buy smokes from the high school kids, and the elementary kids have older siblings in the other schools who are their role models, so it just never ends.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By Cerza

"Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that came before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."
-George Orwell

Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Epic1990
dr_nefarious said:
"Epic1990 said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"
I am publishing a book actually. Hope you'll buy."
If you aren't bullshitting, title and publisher.
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

each generations are getting dumber and dumber by technology and the media. I see our kids today and think to myself how fucked up our society will be in the future. but whatever, i'll probably be on a small island somewhere drinking my martini when i retire. (won't be in the US thats for sure)

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JoelTGM
FiestaUnicorn said:
"All teenagers and pre-teens are assholes.  Always have been always will be."
Not true.  Nowadays, gangsters are the role model for kids: baggy jeans, hoody, chain around the neck, bucket hat tilted slightly, maybe a pair of sunglasses for originality.  In earlier times, the father or mother was the main role model.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By dr_nefarious
Epic1990 said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Epic1990 said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"
I am publishing a book actually. Hope you'll buy."
If you aren't bullshitting, title and publisher.
"
I see you have a hard time noticing sarcasm..
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By dr_nefarious
Jayge said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Jayge said:

"
I don't see how I have anything to do with this.."
The entire basis of the topic is your perception of the generation of children growing up beneath yours, a perception that (as pointed out by many others) is rather flawed. So... that's what you have to do with it.
"
well I guess that is just a matter of opinion.

sidescroller
said:
"Well obviously, from the outside looking in, you guys are only going to notice the absolute worst people?Why?  Because they are the only people interesting enough to warrant your attention.You are hardly going to notice a 10 year old being nice to his mother and helping her unloading groceries.However, you are totally going to notice a 10 year old cussing out his mother and throwing groceries from the cart into the street."
There is a difference of being spoiled and being violent. I never even hinted that I noticed violent 10 year olds but with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By dr_nefarious
sidescroller said:
"Well, maybe you could just stop nitpicking my sentence and try to understand the point I was making.It's that you only see the stuff that pops out at you."
Exactly, so therefor I say something about it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By jakob187

Teens before these...and the ones before them...and the ones before them...it's a repeating cycle.  Deal with it.

Dood, seriously, your complaints don't differ much from one thread to the other.  All you do is bitch about teenagers and the young generation and this and that.  I would suggest either getting away from that generation in your real life...or even better...become a counselor and help the people you seem to have problems with.  Then, they won't have so many problems...and you can sleep better at night.  = D
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By azteris
Red said:
"Me too. Dudes swear and think it's cool. They text...I don't really get the point of texting. They don't type out words full because they think it takes less time. They just think they're adult and experienced, but only end up appearing less-so because of their ignorance. Teenagers suck."
Aren't you a teenager? Didn't you talk about your parents not letting you buy M rated games?
Avatar image for spankeethemonkee
Spankeethemonkee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Spankeethemonkee
Gratuitous Clockwork Orange quote

Old man in the gutter: It's a stinking world cause there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get on to the old like you've done. Oh, it's no world for an old man any longer. What kind of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more. Oh dear dear land I fought for thee

It's the way of the world, action and reaction. Today's youth will feel the same about tomorrow's ad infinitum. It's tough to be a teenager - lots of pressures in combination with hormones is not an easy mix. Of course there are arseholes but that's age agnostic.

Sometimes I look at the state of some parents and marvel at how well the kids have turned out, sometime vice versa.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By dr_nefarious
sidescroller said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
"Well, maybe you could just stop nitpicking my sentence and try to understand the point I was making.It's that you only see the stuff that pops out at you."
Exactly, so therefor I say something about it."
No, if you were saying something about that specifically, you would have mentioned it specifically.You are dealing with a broad range of people here, you used the word "generation".I think it's implied that you are at least talking about the majority, which is just completely out of whack."
Please tell me why my logic is out of whack..What do you not agree with me on?
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By dr_nefarious
sidescroller said:
"That this entire generation is a bunch of spoiled brats."
I don't believe that the entire generation is like that but I'm sorry but most kids today are. I mean I see it all the time everywhere I go. That's what I'm basing this off of.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
I don't believe that the entire generation is like that but I'm sorry but most kids today are. I mean I see it all the time everywhere I go. That's what I'm basing this off of. "
So you're basing it on like 1% of 1% of 1%?
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
I don't believe that the entire generation is like that but I'm sorry but most kids today are. I mean I see it all the time everywhere I go. That's what I'm basing this off of. "
So you're basing it on like 1% of 1% of 1%?"
Many people have said the same thing that most American kids are like this.
prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#93  Edited By prinny_god

kids today with their hola hoops and their music get off my lawn

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#94  Edited By JackiJinx
JonathanMoore said:
"Congrads. You've lost your soul. When you get to the point that you lose faith in the younger generation, I pity you. There going to be the most important people in the world very soon. The world doesn't stand still dude, you have to evolve with it.-- God Bless."
You know, at one point in time, our generation (or your generation) were the most important people in the world. Once you're out of high school or college, then we're suddenly not? No. I don't think so. Put your faith in yourself first, then children second.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By azteris
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
Many people have said the same thing that most American kids are like this."
I think it's awesome you continue to take yourself seriously even though you ignore every type of logic.

EDIT: Grammar.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"sidescroller said:
Many people have said the same thing that most American kids are like this."
Many people can be wrong. You're always going to find dickheads in every generation and this is no different. You're most likely of an age where it's now apparant.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Wolverine
dr_nefarious said:
Yeah I agree with you. I'm 16 and I really don't care for my generation. People my age can be pretty immature some times.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It's a generation of kids where their parents wanted them to focus more on their success in work than being genuinely good people.

Kindness and generosity doesn't show up on a report card. That's one of the problems.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Snipzor

You aren't alone in this, and I know exactly why this latest generation sucks. It's because of the lack of Mr Rogers that they are so spoiled, yes that's right, I'm crossing threads.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By inkeiren
raven_squad said:
"

Same shit's been going on forever, your just to the point of realizing it. Kids/teens suck. Always have, always will. That includes you when you were that age. 
"
Not really. At least, for me. I know lots of obnoxious people who embody what you speak of, but I want you to know there are more exceptions than you think. I never followed any "trendy" things for my age in the past. I respect most people, and although age certainly makes someone wiser, I never look in horror at the things I used to do. I generally indulge myself in works of literature, music, and film that are generally considered classic or close to classic.
That being said, though, there is a quote I love but can't quite remember verbatim or who wrote it. It went
"Every generations believes it is smarter than the last, and wiser than the next."
I constantly question and meditate on my own morals beliefs. I aim to be as good and kind of a person as I can be. My idols are Ghandi and Martin Luther King, not the Jonas Brothers.