Anyone going to watch the new Twin Peaks?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Anyone going to watch the new Twin Peaks? (95 votes)

Yeah! I liked the original series, so I'm excited. 85%
Maybe. I didn't watch the original, but I might check it out I guess. (Might want to see if I can watch the original first.) 7%
No. I'm not that interested. I wasn't a fan of the original. 3%
No, I don't think so. I've never even seen the original, so there's not much excitement from me. 4%

I guess it comes out early next year on Showtime. I started the original earlier this year, but only got three episodes in, and kind of liked it, but didn't really care to go on further at the time. This morning, I watched the entire first season and a couple of the second in one go. I am going to watch the new one. I'm pretty excited to see where the characters will be 25 years later, and I'm glad many of the cast members are coming back for it, as well as many well known actors that weren't. I honestly wasn't that big a fan of Kyle Maclachlan's work; I've only seen him in Dune, and a few episodes I caught of Desperate Housewives when it was on (which, like many TV shows, was not one I watched), but I think he's great in Twin Peaks. I wanted to watch it because I know some really good games I like take inspiration from it; it takes place in my home state (though I don't think is filmed here), and now, the new one is coming out.

• 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Needs an option for "I liked the original but am not interested in the new one."

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

What do you think Zach? My Coffee warned me about it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@mike: Aw, true. I always try to cover all bases, and I knew I was missing one. Should have put 'other' just in case. Are you not interested in the new one? If so, how come, when you enjoyed the original? Or were you just saying I should have added that?

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got done watch both Series 1 & 2. All the best episodes were the David Lynch directed ones, so this looks promising.

I always considered myself a fan of Lynch's stuff, but holy fuck Fire Come Walk With Me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I mean, I have to. I need to know.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have mixed feelings about Twin Peaks. Season 1 was great but season 2 was a complete mess in my opinion, although the final episode was really fascinating. I'll probably check the show out but I don't have high expectations. I generally enjoy David Lynch's work and he's been quiet for a while (I think his last movie was Inland Empire which was ten years ago at this point), so I am curious.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Yeah man I'm keen.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not actively excited about it, but whenever I remember it's happening I think: "Man, I sure will watch that thing".

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By btrdeadthanred

Yeah I will, especially after how fucking terribly the second season ended. But after watching the new Xfiles episodes, I'm worried.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strikealight: What was bad about Fire come walk with me? Or, I assume you didn't like it. I'm not sure if it's free on Amazon Prime, so I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I was just reading about it, and that it got a bunch of negative reviews here in the U.S. though some liked it more in retrospect. Just wondering if it's worth watching after season two, that is if it's free.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SaFt

I watched the two season like one or two years ago and i liked it but holy shit are some of those characters bad (Andy, Hurley, Dick, Lucy). The best parts of the show was the supernatural stuff and the black lodge scenes. I know it's not very well liked but i really do hope that they go more in the direction of Fire walk with me, i liked the tone of that movie way more than the show.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Reboot fatigue has set in for me lately, but I'm cautiously optimistic about it. As long as it's better than the back half of season 2 it can be pretty good.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: It has a very different feel to it. It doesn't have any of that campy humor and is more focused on dark drama, and doesn't really come together the same way the show did.

...Plus Cooper's only in it for like a minute.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By whitegreyblack

There are a lot of things I want to know the answers to, but might eventually wish I had never heard the answer to. Either way, I'm going to see for myself what Mr. Lynch has in store for us.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really loved the original series, but I'm really scared about this. Especially after that Arrested Development revival...

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515: that netflix series was painful. But the new X-Files episodes make that shit look like the Sopranos.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

More Coop is the best thing in the world.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

There's no option for: I liked the original, but I'm not interested in this one.

That's where I'm at. It won't change unless people start talking about "how crazy good it is."

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I fell off after the big reveal in Season 2 but I'm excites to dive back into the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Should I finish the second season? Stopped watching it after that terrible character reveal.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, finish it. There's a couple of character threads left hanging by the end which may, may get resolved ... or not.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the original series and film (Lynch fan in general). I'm cautiously optimistic about this series prospects.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope it is good but, I highly doubt it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Absolutely! I watch the old seasons fairly often. Can't wait!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

I just finished it all. Dang, I would be pretty angry if I had been able to watch this on original release (I would have almost been two by the final episode.) Great show, but now I want to find some meaning behind the final episode. It's weird that the new Twin Peaks is taking place 25 years after, that's a lot of time for Dale Cooper to have that entity inside of him. The whole thing left off with a bunch of questions.