Are you better than her, or him, or them?

• 53 results
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Still_I_Cry

I was walking through the city stree- No I wasn't, I was/am sitting in a building, in a hallway, waiting for class..

You came because you wanted to see if you were better than the unnamed people in the title didn't you? I bet you did. Before you accuse me of having a misleading title, bear with me for a moment or ten.

Ever hear someone say, "Gah, such and such must have had a 3rd grade education in whatevercountryhe/sheisfrom?" Of course you have, no experience is unique. There is only the illusion of uniqueness that individuals fabricate to make themselves feel special about their lives. Anyway, I loathe when people say this. The reason I loathe this is because the individuals [two women, gruff and marble voiced, you know the type] decided the woman in charge of cleaning the staff bathroom left something where they didn't like it. Something? Yes, something. That is awfully vague you say? It is, but this "something" is of no consequence, it was minor, a detail that need not be focused on. It really was nothing, I assure you. You will have to trust me.

After grating on about how this something inconvenienced them, they stated the woman [I assume the woman was of Spanish origin, they referenced San Domingo] had a third grade education. I don't understand what makes them think this. There is likely a language barrier, maybe the accused woman is working on learning English, maybe not, maybe that should be a requirement for individuals who, in their work, interact with English speakers. I have heard many a tale of people coming to the United States, well educated in their country, and being denied jobs because their degree is not recognized in the United States. Is the degree simply not up to standards? Maybe. Another scenario: People work lowly jobs in order to fund their education, we know someone who has been there, or we have been there ourselves. What gives them the right to insult the woman, behind her back, because she may have faltered in a meager task due to a language barrier, maybe not, maybe she was lazy.

Regardless, there are scenarios that exist in which baseless insults, are not all insults baseless? Yes, if they had base, they would not be insults would they? I apologize for the redundancy in that case! There exist scenarios in which people who have not had to work to achieve their goal [work as in, work at a lowly job] who deem themselves the judges, worthy of the title because they presume they are more educated. Sometimes this is justified, now, in this scenario, I cannot say whether it is or not. I can say they do not sound educated when they do nothing but assert and rant about something that is really nothing. Such assertions are not fair to the woman and it is wrong to assume you know her level of education and her city, country, birthplace. Your knowledge is based solely on the language she speaks. It really is not knowledge though, is it? There was no gathering of information, but what can we call it? Your uneducated thoughts perhaps? There are variants of Spanish, don't you know? No, you didn't. Not you, them, they didn't know I am sure of it! Had they known, they would have been able to accurately state where the object of their frustration had come from. They say, with authority, that she is from San Domingo. Is she Dominican? I don't know, maybe she is. Not all Dominicans come from San Domingo and I doubt- No, I am sure, they had not conversed with her before spouting their refined, superior, educated statements.

Oh well. This is the world, don't you agree? Can we fix it? No. What should we do? Nothing. Yes, nothing sounds perfectly fine to me.

Anyway, this must be wearing thin. Yes, it is, too much conjecture, too much what if, not enough facts at the table for the intellectual feast. I did not offer you a place at my table though, for my table is sparse and barren, there is no feast here. I simply posit the point that I do not believe such statements are fair and they only serve to debase the one who spouts them, for it is uneducated and ignorant to do so in many situations.

Oh, look at me! Judging, presuming, asserting, I am guilty of it too!

I feel it is good to end here, no explanation will resurrect my point, my standing has crumbled to pieces, there is no rebuilding it.

Move along, you are not welcome here any longer. I do not have food for your thoughts! Please, move along.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I was walking through the city stree- No I wasn't, I was/am sitting in a building, in a hallway, waiting for class..

You came because you wanted to see if you were better than the unnamed people in the title didn't you? I bet you did. Before you accuse me of having a misleading title, bear with me for a moment or ten.

Ever hear someone say, "Gah, such and such must have had a 3rd grade education in whatevercountryhe/sheisfrom?" Of course you have, no experience is unique. There is only the illusion of uniqueness that individuals fabricate to make themselves feel special about their lives. Anyway, I loathe when people say this. The reason I loathe this is because the individuals [two women, gruff and marble voiced, you know the type] decided the woman in charge of cleaning the staff bathroom left something where they didn't like it. Something? Yes, something. That is awfully vague you say? It is, but this "something" is of no consequence, it was minor, a detail that need not be focused on. It really was nothing, I assure you. You will have to trust me.

After grating on about how this something inconvenienced them, they stated the woman [I assume the woman was of Spanish origin, they referenced San Domingo] had a third grade education. I don't understand what makes them think this. There is likely a language barrier, maybe the accused woman is working on learning English, maybe not, maybe that should be a requirement for individuals who, in their work, interact with English speakers. I have heard many a tale of people coming to the United States, well educated in their country, and being denied jobs because their degree is not recognized in the United States. Is the degree simply not up to standards? Maybe. Another scenario: People work lowly jobs in order to fund their education, we know someone who has been there, or we have been there ourselves. What gives them the right to insult the woman, behind her back, because she may have faltered in a meager task due to a language barrier, maybe not, maybe she was lazy.

Regardless, there are scenarios that exist in which baseless insults, are not all insults baseless? Yes, if they had base, they would not be insults would they? I apologize for the redundancy in that case! There exist scenarios in which people who have not had to work to achieve their goal [work as in, work at a lowly job] who deem themselves the judges, worthy of the title because they presume they are more educated. Sometimes this is justified, now, in this scenario, I cannot say whether it is or not. I can say they do not sound educated when they do nothing but assert and rant about something that is really nothing. Such assertions are not fair to the woman and it is wrong to assume you know her level of education and her city, country, birthplace. Your knowledge is based solely on the language she speaks. It really is not knowledge though, is it? There was no gathering of information, but what can we call it? Your uneducated thoughts perhaps? There are variants of Spanish, don't you know? No, you didn't. Not you, them, they didn't know I am sure of it! Had they known, they would have been able to accurately state where the object of their frustration had come from. They say, with authority, that she is from San Domingo. Is she Dominican? I don't know, maybe she is. Not all Dominicans come from San Domingo and I doubt- No, I am sure, they had not conversed with her before spouting their refined, superior, educated statements.

Oh well. This is the world, don't you agree? Can we fix it? No. What should we do? Nothing. Yes, nothing sounds perfectly fine to me.

Anyway, this must be wearing thin. Yes, it is, too much conjecture, too much what if, not enough facts at the table for the intellectual feast. I did not offer you a place at my table though, for my table is sparse and barren, there is no feast here. I simply posit the point that I do not believe such statements are fair and they only serve to debase the one who spouts them, for it is uneducated and ignorant to do so in many situations.

Oh, look at me! Judging, presuming, asserting, I am guilty of it too!

I feel it is good to end here, no explanation will resurrect my point, my standing has crumbled to pieces, there is no rebuilding it.

Move along, you are not welcome here any longer. I do not have food for your thoughts! Please, move along.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Punch them in the boob.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

That would only facilitate a cycle of violence or worse..Law suits O_O

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dopplerganger

damn girl you so still cray cray.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@mrcool11 said:

I am confused by this

" I do not believe such statements are fair and they only serve to debase the one who spouts them, for it is uneducated and ignorant to do so in many situations."

It is your obligation to agree with me.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mrcool11 said:

I am confused by this

As am I. I've no clue where this is going.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WMWA

This is what happens when you play Fez for too long

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Video_Game_King: Ever hear someone say, "Gah, such and such must have had a 3rd grade education in whatevercountryhe/sheisfrom?" Of course you have.. loathe when people say this. The reason I loathe this is because the individuals [two women, gruff and marble voiced, you know the type] decided the woman in charge of cleaning the staff bathroom left something where they didn't like it.

There exist scenarios in which people who have not had to work to achieve their goal [work as in, work at a lowly job] who deem themselves the judges, worthy of the title because they presume they are more educated. Sometimes this is justified, now, in this scenario, I cannot say whether it is or not. I can say they do not sound educated when they do nothing but assert and rant about something that is really nothing. Such assertions are not fair to the woman and it is wrong to assume you know her level of education and her city, country, birthplace. Your knowledge is based solely on the language she speaks.

They say, with authority, that she is from San Domingo. Is she Dominican? I don't know, maybe she is. Not all Dominicans come from San Domingo and I doubt- No, I am sure, they had not conversed with her before spouting their refined, superior, educated statements.

I simply posit the point that I do not believe such statements are fair and they only serve to debase the one who spouts them, for it is uneducated and ignorant to do so in many situations."

Boiled down :P

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@wmaustin55 said:

This is what happens when you play Fez for too long

Maybe!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BraveToaster

Don't worry about it. The dark god, Husasafress is coming to rid the world of humanity soon.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Still_I_Cry said:

Ever hear someone say, "Gah, such and such must have had a 3rd grade education in whatevercountryhe/sheisfrom?" Of course you have

No. I don't think I've ever heard somebody say that, or at least I can't ever remember anybody saying that. As for the rest, it seems like you don't want people to be judgmental buttholes? Is that the idea?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@BraveToaster said:

Don't worry about it. The dark god, Husasafress is coming to rid the world of humanity soon.

*Stifles a cheer*

Wait, how do you know this?!

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHumanDove

Interesting story.

Punch them in the boob

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Video_Game_King: Pretty much :) I didn't mean that literally though, the part about 3rd grade.

@TheHumanDove: That would only facilitate a cycle of violence or worse..Law suits O_O. Don't you people see!

:P

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

@Still_I_Cry said:

@BraveToaster said:

*Stifles a cheer*

Wait, how do you know this?!

Husasafress posts all of his thoughts and intentions on Twitter.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@BraveToaster: Another reason i should sign up for it. I could have been better prepared.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

Too incoherent; didn't read.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Ravenlight said:

Just have to slow down a bit.

Was not incoherent :P

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I've never said that someone has a 3rd grade education in whatever. Instead I call people fucking idiots. It's so much simpler.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karl_Boss

Did you write this in your personal diary then decided to post it here as well just for kicks?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Unknown_Pleasures: Nope, that was the style I was going for though. :)

@No0b0rAmA said:

I've never said that someone has a 3rd grade education in whatever. Instead I call people fucking idiots. It's so much simpler.

And it isn't assuming anything :)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ravenlight

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Ravenlight said:

What I meant is:

Text was not periodically interrupted with pictures of cute animals; didn't read.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Ravenlight said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Ravenlight said:

What I meant is:

Text was not periodically interrupted with pictures of cute animals; didn't read.

I knew I should have included that kitty picture!

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By Sin4profit

on all accounts, yes, yes i am.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Sin4profit said:

on all accounts, yes, yes i am.

Yeah well...

Yes that is totally unrelated :P

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

Punch the lawyers in the boob.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@mrcool11 said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@mrcool11 said:

I am confused by this

" I do not believe such statements are fair and they only serve to debase the one who spouts them, for it is uneducated and ignorant to do so in many situations."

It is your obligation to agree with me.

I'm not confused by what you're trying to say, I'm confused by the mess of words you chose to say it. I'm finding it very difficult to figure out if you're just trolling or that's your writing style. Is English your first language? I also find it very confusing that this particular situation is what motivated a short essay on the judgmental nature of random women/humanity/yourself.

Yes, it is :P

I wanted it to be kind of like a mess of words, trailing off on random things to be honest..seems like it was too much though :D

That incident is actually what triggered this to be honest.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

What if the lawyers are men >:(!?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Phatmac

What? I uhh.. should go..

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Flawed_System

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

What have you got against man boobs? Hmmmm?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Flawed_System said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

Yes, I do. I am prejudiced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, because I got a machinehead.

Better than the rest.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By WickedCestus

Your writing style makes you sound incredibly pretentious.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@supermike6 said:

Your writing style makes you sound incredibly pretentious.

What was pretentious about it?

I said "maybe" quite a bit, meaning I don't know.

I didn't use many, if any, "big words."

Wasn't going for the pretentious vibe to be honest.

:/

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Muerthoz

I don't like to point out when I'm better/smarter than someone who isn't as educated as I am.
I DO like to point out when I'm better/smarter than someone who is supposedly more educated than I am.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Muerthoz said:

I don't like to point out when I'm better/smarter than someone who isn't as educated as I am. I DO like to point out when I'm better/smarter than someone who is supposedly more educated than I am.

Hope you don't think that is what I was saying.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JOURN3Y

Oh boy, this is a pretty broad topic lol

The value of someone's intelligence is more than just a quality of schools attended, or the years of education. Just like Will Hunting from Good Will Hunting, someone's job as a janitor doesn't dictate how smart they are. I never like to assume something about somebody, although it is very to quickly judge someone (I do it too), I know it is wrong. You don't know what they are like without talking to them, a low income job or cheap attire doesn't say a lot about a person beyond the physical. Another person can judge you just as easily because of the car you drive or the people you associate with.

My one friend believe's that his degree is harder than mine. I tell him he is wrong. He rebuts with the amount of hours he has to slave to get his work done and such, but I still tell him he is wrong because you cannot compare the two on those values alone (also because I don't like it when he thinks he is right all the time :)). You have to take a look at the whole and everything to compare the details. Things are not always in a vertical scale, things are not always better or worse. Things can be on the same scale, the scale can go from left to right, in and out. You have to think beyond the up and down.

People make different life choices, have different values, are dealt with different cards, and have different life experiences. The best thing to do is the accept the differences in all of use instead of judging other people.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@JOURN3Y said:

Oh boy, this is a pretty broad topic lol

The value of someone's intelligence is more than just a quality of schools attended, or the years of education. Just like Will Hunting from Good Will Hunting, someone's job as a janitor doesn't dictate how smart they are. I never like to assume something about somebody, although it is very to quickly judge someone (I do it too), I know it is wrong. You don't know what they are like without talking to them, a low income job or cheap attire doesn't say a lot about a person beyond the physical. Another person can judge you just as easily because of the car you drive or the people you associate with.

My one friend believe's that his degree is harder than mine. I tell him he is wrong. He rebuts with the amount of hours he has to slave to get his work done and such, but I still tell him he is wrong because you cannot compare the two on those values alone (also because I don't like it when he thinks he is right all the time :)). You have to take a look at the whole and everything to compare the details. Things are not always in a vertical scale, things are not always better or worse. Things can be on the same scale, the scale can go from left to right, in and out. You have to think beyond the up and down.

People make different life choices, have different values, are dealt with different cards, and have different life experiences. The best thing to do is the accept the differences in all of use instead of judging other people.

Yes, thank you :D

That was my point.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Flawed_System said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

Guys, there's a simple solution too all of this. If the lawyers are dudes, just find their mothers and punch THEM in the boob.

Problem solved.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Flawed_System said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Punch them in the boob.

Guys, there's a simple solution too all of this. If the lawyers are dudes, just find their mothers and punch THEM in the boob.

Problem solved.

But then the lawyers come again! Then I have to punch the mothers -again- and then the lawyers come and then the mother is waiting with a shotgun and blows a hole in my stomach.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TruthTellah

@Still_I_Cry: Are you alright?

JOURN3Y did seem to explain your general point a bit better, but then, you still seem off. Are things okay in your life right now?

I definitely wouldn't say I'm better than you, but I can say I'm a bit worried about you. There's an odd incoherence and confusion to all of it that seems troubled.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#44  Edited By donutfever

So you're pretty high, huh?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TruthTellah said:

JOURN3Y did seem to explain your general point a bit better, but then, you still seem off. Are things okay in your life right now?

I definitely wouldn't say I'm better than you, but I can say I'm a bit worried about you. There's an odd incoherence and confusion to all of it that seems troubled.

Was going for this kind of style.

Thought I would try something different.

Perhaps I had a bit too much fun with it, sacrificing coherency.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TruthTellah said:

Yeah... it comes off less like that and more like the troubled writings of Rorschach from Watchmen.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TruthTellah said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@TruthTellah said:

Yeah... it comes off less like that and more like the troubled writings of Rorschach from Watchmen.

That's cool too!

:P

It wasn't meant to be in my voice, personally, though. Just want to clarify that. The points were mine, but not the style or any of that.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By TehFlan

Fake your own death?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TehFlan: Sure, why not.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mandude

I'm one of the people in question here. I can be having a lovely conversation with someone, but when it eventually comes up that I dropped out of secondary school, they go sour-faced and think of me as some sort of idiot, and the conversation quickly ends.

One time, I was conversing with a teller while cashing my considerably large paycheck, and she became condescending the moment she heard I dropped out (I prefer the term 'ascended above'). Ignorance is deeply rooted, I guess.