Beer suggestions

• 49 results
dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has there been a beer suggestion thread on this board? I can't think of one that I've ever seen. Anyways, I would like to shout out Oskar Blues brewery it's reall good stuff.

What do yall like to drink out there

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Moon and Electric Unicorn White IPA i'm really enjoying with my buddies as of late.

No Caption Provided

jordarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good ol' Oskar Blues... I'm a huge fan of Mama's lil' Yella Pils. I highly suggest Flying Fish's NJ350... it's my favorite beer that i've had all year. It may be hard to get as you leave the east coast but it's totally worth it. It reminds me of Ithaca's Flower Power, which is a beer that always heralds the arrival of warm weather for me.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Blue Moon and Electric Unicorn White IPA i'm really enjoying with my buddies as of late.

No Caption Provided

I'm pretty much identical to your choice. But like every now and then I need a Guinness or Kirin Ichiban because the texture is nice variety with big meals.

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't drink beer too often, but when I do I like Guinness.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Yuengling if it's available to you. It's cheap (around the price of Bud Light or so) but much, much better. And their varieties are pretty good as well.

There's a local brewery to me called Cigar City. They make a bunch of kinds of beer, most sold in local grocery stores, and have a brewpub that has fantastic food and beer brewed right at the restaurant.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

On the rare occasions I drink beer, I like Stella Artois (it's my go-to beer at office parties). Sapporo and Kirin Ichiban are also really good.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: I really dislike almost everything Phillips puts out, which sucks cause I live in their home city so it is in like every restaurant.

I am totally happy with a cheap beer or a nicer craft beer. For cheap stuff I usually go Canadian (as in Molson) or Kokanee. For nicer stuff I really like Lighthouse Brewery's lager and Whistler Brewing's Honey Lager.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whiskey is a good alternative. I'm not much of a beer person, unless its freezing cold at which point even bad beer becomes drinkable.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tuborg is the cheapest available here, though Budweiser Magnum is the go to choice for most college students in India.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I should like beer more because there are so many good breweries around here, but nothing really makes my skirt fly up. We have Bell's, Short's, Founders...lots of really good beer (from what I'm told.) Anyone have suggestions for someone that likes Bud Light? That's my favorite.

But if we start talking hard cider....that stuff is deeeeeeelicious.

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I went to an event just last weekend called the Canvitational. A slew of craft brewers were there, offering beers in cans only. The idea is that cans are more energy efficient to use, preserve the beer better, and with improved linings now you don't lose any of the taste. Cigar City was there, as was Bell's and about 40 others.

I mostly drink pale ales and wheats. Bell's Oberon is one of the best wheats available. Black Acre from Chicago and Two Brothers from Warrenville IL both had excellent pale ales. Revolution from Chicago also had a great Hibiscus Ale that was unlike anything I'd tried before. Unfortunately it's a seasonal brew so I have to wait for it to come around again. Right now I'm drinking the pale ale from Flat 12 Bierworks here in Indy. It's excellent, hoppy without being bitter, makes for a tasty swallow.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By archer88

I prefer a nice Rickard's Red

No Caption Provided

or Steamwhistle

No Caption Provided

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Franstone

The many different flavors of Samuel Adams.
Love UFO White too, kinda new to me.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Maredsous 8, Sunner Kolsch, Newcastle Brown Ale, Indio, Red Stripe, Chimay Grande Reserve, Presidente, New Belgium 1554, St. Arnold's Lawnmower, Abita Amber, Real Ale Fireman's #4, Brooklyn Lager, Anchor Steam Amber, Ziegenbock, New Belgium Fat Tire, Bohemia, etc.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By OldGuy
No Caption Provided

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#17  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

@finaldasa said:
No Caption Provided

Hell yea!

Also, if you want to try something different, Stone Levitation Ale is an interesting experience. I'm not sure if the taste was good exactly, but it was pretty unique.

EDIT: When I was in California I had a few Fat Tires. Pretty good.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Propellor IPA is definitely my fave right now but I don't know if you can get it outside of Canada (?).

I'm also known to enjoy a Guinness, Innis & Gunn Original and Coors Light when the occasion calls for it.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The New Belgium stuff is pretty good. Regional to areas around Colorado, but Fat Tire is quite delicious.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living in Colorado, these days I seem to mostly drink local breweries from Breck to Renegade etc. So much good beer here :)

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Schnieder-Weiss is my go to for hefe.

But i'm a big fan of Magic Hat, Long Trail and Sierra Nevada.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Dogfish Head IPA
Anchor Steam
Hoegaarden White
Newcastle Brown Ale
Samuel Adams Octoberfest
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

This is in no real order. These are just good beers of various types that most people can find a at good bar/restaurant or at a local spirit store. I'm an English Ale and India Pale Ale man myself, but I do enjoy a good Stout or Belgian White Ale too.

I heartily recommend if you have a good bar or brewery in your area to try a 'flight' of various beers, typically 6 oz each with five samples. You can taste each, but have only consumed about 1 1/2 beers.

My local Brewery is pretty good. Cisco Brewer/Triple 8 Distillery. Sadly, you cannot get Cisco Beer in many places, but there are distributers in San Diego CA, Las Vegas NV, Fayetteville AR, and Rush City, MN if you are looking west of the Mississippi.

HybridMoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HybridMoment

@caesius6 said:

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is one of my favorites.

Almost anything Ommegang (but it can get pricey).

Someone mentioned Yuengling and I couldn't agree more - when you're looking to not spend much, it's the best for what you pay.

And since I'm from there, I gotta toss out the Blue Point Toasted Lager (they have different flavors too). I may be biased, but it's actually really good.

exclusively Lagunitas where I'm from. Its local and really cheap, can't beat that!

Mammoth and Stone are always great too

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm partial to IPAs, something along the lines of a Punk from Brewdog. Jaipur's great too.

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But i'm a big fan of Magic Hat, Long Trail and Sierra Nevada.

I drive by the Long Trail brewery every year visiting my family for Christmas. My sister's favorite beer ever is their Blackberry Wheat.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know how far reaching their supply goes, but man do I love me some Sweet Water beers. It's from a local brewery out here in Atlanta, GA and they make some good brews. Their 420 extra pale ale and IPAs are really good.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NathanStack

Old Rasputin. Hands down my most favorite beer of all time. It's a stout, so it's definitely strong but it's not overtly bitter or overwhelming like some other stouts can be.

No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sapporo and Blue Moon (which is called Rickard's White here) for me. Sapporo is my beer of choice at home but when I go to a restaurant I will get Rickard's.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Slaps2
No Caption Provided

Gotta represent my local New England beers. This is one of the bigger ones though. Not quite a craft brewer.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Getz

Has there been a beer suggestion thread on this board? I can't think of one that I've ever seen. Anyways, I would like to shout out Oskar Blues brewery it's reall good stuff.

What do yall like to drink out there

Agreed, Old Chubb is a legendary beer.

We've got a local brewery here in Maryland called Flying Dog and they make some great beers, especially the Raging Bitch. All their artwork is done by Ralph Steadman too.

No Caption Provided
Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Maedhros925

At this point, just about anything that isn't brewed by the big two of Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors is something I would consider a craft beer. Their market share is enormous. Harpoon is definitely a craft- and micro-brewery, and their IPA is terrific. Blue Moon is brewed by MillerCoors, which thankfully makes it widely available in restaurants that only stock macrobrews, but it's not a craft beer.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@maedhros925: You wouldn't consider Sam Adams a craft beer would you?

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubu Ale from Lake Placid is my favorite beer. It's pretty common to find in NY, but not sure how available it is in other States or outside the US. If any of you can find it, I highly recommend trying it. It's a dark ale that doesn't have the thick consistency like Guiness does.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Pretty much everything that I have had from Victory Brewing Company has been pretty good, but I am partial to their Golden Monkey (Belgian-style Tripel). Also, as a side note, IPAs are garbage beer for garbage people.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beer is so regional so it's hard to offer up any real suggestions. Where do you live? Drink local if you can.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like 2 local breweries here in Ottawa, Ontario, Big Rig Brewery is co-owned by Chris Phillips of the Ottawa Senators NHL team and I like everything I've tried from there. Also Kitchissipi is pretty clutch. I just wish I could drink them more on my university budget/ in my dorms that have banned glass beer bottles. I've basically been relegated to Molson Canadian since it's the best canned beer available when I compare price and taste. I don't mind it, but I would prefer being able to drink these others more frequently.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@shinboy630: You're going to catch some shit for that one, though I also can't stand IPAs. I've really, really tried to like IPAs, to the point of ordering a few dozen different kinds over the years. They're just not good. I enjoy virtually every other kind of beer, but not IPAs.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ninjalegend
No Caption Provided

I really like Oskar Blues beers as well. This is also a fine ale.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By D4RKSH33P
No Caption Provided

My all time favorite beer is Lakefront Brewery Riverwest Stein. Made locally in Milwaukee.

Favorite IPA is Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

Favorite Imperial IPA is Oskar Blues' GUBNA.

Favorite series of interesting beers is the Lips of Faith series by New Belguim (Lots of sours and fruits and herb type beers)

Other notables:

Rogue Nut Brown Ale

Sparkly Eyes is an Imperial/Double IPA made with spruce tips by a very small Wisconsin brewery called Black Husky Brewing

Capital Brewing Supper Club Ale made in Madison, WI.

New Glarus Brewing makes Spotted Cow, the most perfect introduction to better beer for all the Bud and Miller drinkers, but unfortunately it is only distributed in Wisconsin.

I usually keep PBR in my fridge so I don't spend ALL of my money on craft brews.

I will drink them, but stouts and porters are my least favorites.

klandathu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love ipas but i feel i am getting burned out, right now sours, stouts and almost anything barrel aged, especially if you are more of a whiskey/bourbon fan. Anything from firestone walkers limited series is amazing. Unfortunately it sells out like hotcakes in az. Good thing we are finally starting to get a good local craft brew scene. Ratebeers #1 new brewery in the world last year is a couple of miles from my house

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Devil240Z

My favorite beer is local to Olympia, WA but I think it can be found in a bunch of the north western states.

No Caption Provided

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Belhaven is my favorite. Samuel Adams is my go-to. At the moment, I'm greatly enjoying the Brooklyn Brewery's Oktoberfest until it's out of season.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Rejizzle
No Caption Provided

@archer88: Is a smart man. Also give Stone City Ale a try. It's delicious and comes in this big jug.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@rejizzle said:

Because a 40 oz is child's play when you can have a 64 oz jug!!

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Kilt lifter by Four Peaks Brewery

Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brooklyn Lager: Golden-brown and intense, this beer has a bold, nutty flavor that "lingers -- in a good way," one taster said. It can stand up to hearty fare like beef burgers or ribs without overwhelming. ($10 for a six-pack)

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hodor
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Schnieder Aventinus is the best beer I've ever had. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen is amazing and has a unique smokey taste great for winter. Unibroue's Maudite is another just great spiced beer for fall. Also my favorite breweries include Dogfish head, Stone, Southern Tier, Ommegang, The Brewery, B. Nektar(mead), and if your ever in Florida get something from Cigar City Brewery.