• 65 results
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I know someone who breeds Bengal cats and was wondering what you guys think of them? Heck, information on any type of cat would be cool. I'm looking for one that isn't too big and is clean and won't mess up my stuff. xD.

Thanks.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

As someone who is very pro-dog and anti-cat, I highly suggest that to re-think your pet choices, and go with something that isn't a cat. 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

One of my closest friends has a Bengal.  She's cute and friendly but also fiercely independent, a fantastic outdoor cat.  I myself prefer indoor cats that I can constantly smother with attention so a Bengal wouldn't be the best choice for me.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MooseyMcMan said:
" As someone who is very pro-dog and anti-cat, I highly suggest that to re-think your pet choices, and go with something that isn't a cat.  "
Would this be a good idea?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@Video_Game_King: I love you more and more every day. Friggin' Catdog^^
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Man, I haven't watched that show in years.  

I'd still rather have a regular dog though, rather than some two headed monstrosity that talks. 

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@MooseyMcMan said:
"As someone who is very pro-dog and anti-cat, I highly suggest that to re-think your pet choices, and go with something that isn't a cat.  "

Some cats are cool though, and some dogs are horrible.  

However in general sense dogs > cats but fuck some dogs are just....
gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By gamb1t
@NekuSakuraba said:
" So I know someone who breeds Bengal cats and was wondering what you guys think of them? Heck, information on any type of cat would be cool. I'm looking for one that isn't too big and is clean and won't mess up my stuff. xD. Thanks. "
I know of 2 people with bengals. One has 3 (used to be 4) and the other has 1. THEY FUCK YOUR SHIT UP. They are wild cats hence the "bengal" label. They are independent and runaway cause they are WILD. They dont give a flying fuck about you they only want to be petted and fuck your shit up. Yup dont think i missed anything.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1
@Video_Game_King: oh shit. respect dawg 
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I just googles them, and they're fucking awesome looking to say the least.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ESREVER

Bengal Cats are amazing, They are my second most-wanted breed of feline. First being the Birman. 
It really depends on how you raise it. Nearly all breeds have the potential to be well-behaved, loveable, and affectionate companions. 

I would highly suggest looking more into the breed, and then pursuing getting one. Make sure he/she doesn't eat Axel though. They are usually quite expensive to, so if you get one from your friend for free or even on a discount, consider yourself very lucky. Normally they run for about $800. And thats not even for show purposes.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By weegieanawrench

I wouldn't go with a Bengal cat unless you live somewhere it can be outdoors. Cats, especially hybrids need to be outside at least for a number of hours during the day, otherwise they kinda go loopy. There's good cats to be found in any breed though. My favourite breeds are The Norwegian Forest Cat and The Maine Coon. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So they need to stay outside? I was told they need to be kept INside. =/

What other cats should I consider? I was looking for something that has little fur so it doesn't get hair everywhere and that is friendly.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Skytylz

Having an animal that could easily kill you as a pet seems like a terrible idea.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@MooseyMcMan
As someone who is very pro-dog and anti-cat, I highly suggest that to re-think your pet choices, and go with something that isn't a cat. 
Hmmm, why is that?
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer
@NekuSakuraba said:

" So they need to stay outside? I was told they need to be kept INside. =/ What other cats should I consider? I was looking for something that has little fur so it doesn't get hair everywhere and that is friendly. "

Well all cats should be ideally kept inside because it prolongs their life expectancy and Bengal cats are attractive for theft due to their high value.  I would ask your friend what generation of Bengal it is.  Honestly if it's four generations or more from the original breeding (which I'd assume it is) then you should be fine.

EDIT: I'm personally partial to Maine Coons because that's what my cat is and I think his long mane is cute and he's super affectionate.  I'm also obsessed with Japanese videos of Scottish Folds but they're EXPENSIVE.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@StarvingGamer
@NekuSakuraba said:

" So they need to stay outside? I was told they need to be kept INside. =/ What other cats should I consider? I was looking for something that has little fur so it doesn't get hair everywhere and that is friendly. "

Well all cats should be ideally kept inside because it prolongs their life expectancy and Bengal cats are attractive for theft due to their high value.  I would ask your friend what generation of Bengal it is.  Honestly if it's four generations or more from the original breeding (which I'd assume it is) then you should be fine.

EDIT: I'm personally partial to Maine Coons because that's what my cat is and I think his long mane is cute and he's super affectionate.  I'm also obsessed with Japanese videos of Scottish Folds but they're EXPENSIVE.
So what's the difference between generations?
kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By kyelb22
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @StarvingGamer
@NekuSakuraba said:

So what's the difference between generations? "
The more generations of breeding the smaller the part of the cat that's still a giant man-eating leopard. 
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Kyelb22
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @StarvingGamer
@NekuSakuraba said:

The more generations of breeding the smaller the part of the cat that's still a giant man-eating leopard. 
O__O.

How are these safe?
kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kyelb22
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @Kyelb22
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @StarvingGamer
@NekuSakuraba said:

O__O. How are these safe? "
Lol. That why you want to get a younger generation.  The breeders will use the older ones so the cats keep their unique looks, but the more you breed them with regular domestic cats, the more docile their temperament becomes. Like StarvingGamer said, a fourth-gen or more Bengal will be like a regular house cat. I have heard they're a lot more energetic though, so watch out for that.
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By dtat

They certainly look cool. If you do happen to get one, keep us updated on how it goes!

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kingofpeanuts
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
@NekuSakuraba:
 Yes, super good pets. She is 13, never over 10 pounds, loves walks. But hates other animals, loves humans  
No Caption Provided
kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kingofpeanuts
@NekuSakuraba: Keep inside and take on walks. They aren't very friendly to other animals. Don't get two, they probably won't be friends, even siblings. 
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beej

All I'm taking from this topic is that I fucking love cats. I'm fine with this though.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Laksa

They taste nice fried with ginger and garlic. a little on the sour side though

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@kingofpeanuts said:
" @NekuSakuraba: Keep inside and take on walks. They aren't very friendly to other animals. Don't get two, they probably won't be friends, even siblings.  "
Cool, so how often do they need to be taken out and do they tend to break stuff etc or are they laid back? :)
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@MooseyMcMan said:

" As someone who is very pro-dog and anti-cat, I highly suggest that to re-think your pet choices, and go with something that isn't a cat.  "  

This. A cat will never give you anything but cold acknowledgement. A dog is genuinely part of the family.

@StarvingGamer
said:

" One of my closest friends has a Bengal.  She's cute and friendly but also fiercely independent, a fantastic outdoor cat.  I myself prefer indoor cats that I can constantly smother with attention so a Bengal wouldn't be the best choice for me. "

Saying that, a Bengal is like cat royalty, so there is definitely something appealing about them. Though, like this guy said: they have their own share of problems. 
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@GetEveryone: So what is a good indoor dog?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax

Meow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NekuSakuraba: I have a Cocker Spaniel (working-cocker, not a poncy show-cocker), and he is fantastic round the house. He isn't dainty like a Terrier, but isn't as large as something like a Labrador, so he's never in the way. You probably want something short-hair, though having long hair doesn't necessarily mean they shed. E.g. Again, my dog doesn't leave hair everywhere he goes and it doesn't brush off onto you. 

Regardless of whether you go for a cat or dog, when you decide, make sure you know a lot about the breed. Intelligence makes a large difference in a dog. Sharper breeds are harder to train and can be more difficult around strangers. Though, some intelligent breeds show a lot of affection for children. Stupid dogs are easily trained and obedient, but make poor guard dogs.

Just spend a ton of time researching, man. Some people find that they are more suited to cats, others dogs. I'm a stickler for companionship, so I would always opt to have a dog. 
kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingofpeanuts
@NekuSakuraba: We started walking her at a very young age. We take her out about 1 -2 times a week. It is fine if she doesn't get a walk, but she loves it. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Paying for a cat is for fools and those Bengal cats are freaking expensive like purebred English Bulldog expensive.  Hell I found a cream colored  Himalayan kitten (think fluffy Siamese) in a dumpster in Newport, Kentucky.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@MooseyMcMan said:
Gotta go with this.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Marcsman

They are the most off standish cat besides a Sphinx I have ever seen. I have worked at an an animal shelter for 20 years.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By StarvingGamer
@GetEveryone said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:

This. A cat will never give you anything but cold acknowledgement. A dog is genuinely part of the family. "
My cat is super friendly, he's constantly trying to get my attention for pets or to play with him.  He comes when called, and all it takes are a few pets and he instantly starts purring.  Whenever I'm on the couch or at my desk he jumps in my lap and curls up.  At night he either sleeps by my feet, on my chest, or on my pillow next to my head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer: He has an agenda.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StarvingGamer
@GetEveryone: And his agenda is MORE PETS FEED ME FOOD PLAY WITH ME ATTENTION OMG MEOW

Seriously, sometimes he won't shut up and I'm like stop rubbing your face on my fightstick (that's what she said?) get away from my mouse don't stick your paw under my gas pedal I'm trying to play a game here!  But he doesn't speak English.
yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yorick
@NekuSakuraba:

Deer Chihuahuas (not the tiny Chihuahuas) are great indoor dogs. They will love you to death but they aren't good with strangers. My family has one along with two Goldendoodles. She is a major lap dog and loves to play. You can train them to go to the restroom on a "potty" pad so they don't need to go outside.
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By shivermetimbers

I owned a Norwegian Forest Cat when I was growing up. I saw him maybe twice a week, but we fed him and took care of him. He was the best animal I owned. He would hunt raccoons, mice, and rabbits and leave their corpse on the front porch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer said:
" @GetEveryone: And his agenda is MORE PETS FEED ME FOOD PLAY WITH ME ATTENTION OMG MEOW  Seriously, sometimes he won't shut up and I'm like stop rubbing your face on my fightstick (that's what she said?) get away from my mouse don't stick your paw under my gas pedal I'm trying to play a game here!  But he doesn't speak English. "
Okay, I want your cat.  

I will tempt it with fifty pesos and a whole yellow-fin tuna; that shit is rare. His fine culinary tastes will have no option but to give in...
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hitchenson
@MooseyMcMan said:
You're a monster. 
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Example1013
@Yorick: I treat chihuahuas like footballs. I punt them. 

What I'm wondering is how the fuck this guy knows a woman who breeds fuckin tigers. That can't be safe. 

No Caption Provided

Seriously, though, I'd consider getting a kitten from the local shelter. If no one picks them up, they usually end up killing them, so you're saving a kitty life. 

General tip: pick the one that approaches your hand first, and seems the most friendly. 

Also, don't get a fuckin tiger unless you're Mike Tyson.
yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By yorick
@example1013:
=(
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By subject2change

My buddies ex-GF has one and while they are awesome looking, they are very expensive in the first place to purchase and to maintain as a pet. They will destroy your shit. Furniture and YOU physically. She always had scratches on her from the cat, sometimes on the face but usually feet, legs and arms. 

Cats and Dogs both have their pros and cons. A Bengal is a mix between a house cat and a wild animal, they very independent and will obviously let you cuddle with them but expect it to randomly slash your face. 

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Example1013
@Yorick: I'm sorry, I just don't like them. They have an annoying bark, and they bite. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Skullo
@Video_Game_King said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
Would this be a good idea?

"
BEST POST.
yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By yorick
@example1013:
I do agree that they have an annoying bark. Someone I know has a tiny chihuahua and it sounds like a dying creature when it barks and it's ear piercing (but it rarely barks). 

edit: But she doesn't bite at all. She's the friendliest dog you could meet.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Example1013
@Yorick: Well maybe you have better luck than I do. 

A little off-topic. Are you actually hitting the "reply" button at the bottom of my posts? Because I'm not actually getting a PM to show that you've officially @replied me.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Subject2Change
My buddies ex-GF has one and while they are awesome looking, they are very expensive in the first place to purchase and to maintain as a pet. They will destroy your shit. Furniture and YOU physically. She always had scratches on her from the cat, sometimes on the face but usually feet, legs and arms. 

Cats and Dogs both have their pros and cons. A Bengal is a mix between a house cat and a wild animal, they very independent and will obviously let you cuddle with them but expect it to randomly slash your face. 
Really? So many mixed opinions.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Example1013

Okay, so this is why this is a bad idea: