• 83 results
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Turambar

There is one thing that O'Reily said that I am forced to agree with (did I really just say that?) and thats the fact that Christianity and Science are not mutually exclusive.  Of course, he himself have behaved in a way that shows he doesn't actually believe that, but it's one fact that remains true.  Those on both sides that seem to think the existence of the other is somehow detrimental to humanity really needs a smack in the face. 

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By eclipsesis

Jesus was a scam artist

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By TwoOneFive

how many more wannabe politically enlightened douches are gonna post videos forums about Fox News? 

also, i used to have a lot of respect for the young turks, but that show has shown its true colors more than once to me and they are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites acting like fucking know-it-alls.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By breadfan
@TwoOneFive said:
" how many more wannabe politically enlightened douches are gonna post videos forums about Fox News? "
So because someone talks about a subject that you have a problem with they are a 'wannabe politically enlightened douche'?
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By turbomonkey138
@TwoOneFive: What did the TYT do ?
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By RipTheVeins

who needs Comedy Central when you have Fox News?

PlasticCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PlasticCow

@Red said:

"There is no doubt in my mind that Bill O'Reilly is a complete and utter moron. I believe in God, and I think both of these people need to stop trying to shove their own opinion down other peoples' throats. I'm not opposed to having schools teach the Theory of Evolution, because it is a theory, but the moral superiority the christian side feels just because they believe in God is a little bit ridiculous. However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times. "

Agreed. ++respect 

I consider myself rather conservative, but Fox is ''lolwhut'' Also, O'Reilly doesn't please fcking anyone. He just offended most Christians because he said he believes evolution,but he offended Athiests by everything else he said.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ryanwho

If you're going to make a character assassination thread, OP, the least you can do is spell his damn name right.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Seedofpower
@MB said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:

What i think is why this news channel is allowed anymore . "

Fox News continues to destroy every other cable news network in the United States in the ratings. It's not going anywhere. "
I just die a little inside.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ryanwho

I dunno why you would. On the whole, most people don't get their news from cable news networks, which is good, because people who get their news from cable news networks are pretty dumb for doing that. Being the leader in a pack of rats isn't something to be proud of. MSNBC and CNN are pretty big jokes, too. Who's the most popular clown in the room? Who cares?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By KamasamaK
@Red: Then you did a very poor job at conveying yourself. I assumed because of your phrasing that you somehow disagreed that not believing in science's way of explaining things makes one an idiot and denies fact. You also implied in a portion I left out that Dawkins had an opinion that he shouldn't be shoving down peoples' throats, when he did no such thing. If neither of those are true, then I'm having trouble reconciling what your last sentence is based upon. Certainly attempting to convince one that an opinion is fact is wrong, but neither of them attempted that in the interview. And where you get that "practically nothing in this world is fact" is beyond me. I agree with your opinion that "crapping on someone else to make yourself look better" is wrong, but that's O'Reilly's job. However, I have to disagree with someone's view always deserving respect. Using the example from the guy in the video, if someone believed that panda thing I can't see how such a thing could deserve respect. I don't know about "superiority", but there should be some pride taken in only believing in things for which you have evidence.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By CL60

sigh...

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By turbomonkey138
@CL60: Good contribution
LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By LeadNinja
@Akeldama said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Akeldama said:
" one more reason for me never to be a Christian  "
Hey, don't blame Christians or Conservatives for guys like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and limbaugh. Blame the modern Republican party.  "
the fact that someone as completely ass backwards as Bill believes in a god means i never will. He deserves to be weeded out Darwin style. "
There've been some ass backwards atheists too.  Mao and Pol Pot for instance.  That doesn't make me want to not be an atheist anymore.

Anyway, O'Reily just said he didn't believe Jesus was God.  He just throws his lot in with them because they give the illusion of certainty about the origins of life.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#65  Edited By AgentJ
@LeadNinja said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Akeldama said:
" one more reason for me never to be a Christian  "
Hey, don't blame Christians or Conservatives for guys like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and limbaugh. Blame the modern Republican party.  "
the fact that someone as completely ass backwards as Bill believes in a god means i never will. He deserves to be weeded out Darwin style. "
There've been some ass backwards atheists too.  Mao and Pol Pot for instance.  That doesn't make me want to not be an atheist anymore.  Anyway, O'Reily just said he didn't believe Jesus was God.  He just throws his lot in with them because they give the illusion of certainty about the origins of life. "
He said he "wasn't sure" whether Jesus was God, though that statement wouldn't make sense even if he was sure, since Jesus isn't God. He's gods son if anything. Besides, like the video said that could just be O'Reilly trying to make himself sound reasonable. Its a common debate tactic, and he knows what he's doing
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66  Edited By buzz_killington

Oh you Bill O'Reilly...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By eroticfishcake

Seems like it's more about winning then saying who's correct.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Turambar
@AgentJ: Eh, actually, Jesus is still considered God.  The Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is one entity and at the same time, three separate forms with different roles, each with a distinct role.  God the Father is the "hurling thunderbolts from heaven" God, God the Son is the intermediary between humans and God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit is the Earthly presence God the Son left after he ascended back to heaven.  And yeah, I've always found it one of the most confusing aspects of Christianity myself.
pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pepper_2000

Roger Ebert put it about O'Riley best. 

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/06/the_oreilly_procedure.html

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mhkjtha

God these discussions are so stupid. Thank god religious people really only are like that in the US.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@pepper said:
" Roger Ebert put it about O'Riley best.    http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/06/the_oreilly_procedure.html "
That was fantastic. Thanks for the link
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Wolverine

Bill O'Reilly is an idiot.  

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RetroIce4

FAUX NEWZ HEER GUIZ! WE R LEGIT!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By mikemcn
@ahriman22 said:

"Watching fox is committing intellectual suicide. "

Yep, and my political philosophy is take whatever Bill O'reilley says, and do the opposite. 

And we do know how it all got here, its called the fucking big bang........ even major religons are beginning to recognize that as part of their teachings. And science has ethics and morals, as do religons. Basically, when i rule the world, im tearing down Fox News.
Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hyuzen

man both o'reiley and dawkins seem like blowhards. they both had excellent opportunities to mention pluses on their sides and they missed it to repeat exactly what they said the moment before.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#76  Edited By chstupid

I could try to argue my side and tell why I'm a c hristian conservitive but I feel like it will just be a waste of time. 
Just  to let you know I don't watch Fox news. Go ahead flame me, preach to me, or  insult me or whatever but I wont change my mind.  
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#77  Edited By Eder
@TwoOneFive said:
" how many more wannabe politically enlightened douches are gonna post videos forums about Fox News?  also, i used to have a lot of respect for the young turks, but that show has shown its true colors more than once to me and they are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites acting like fucking know-it-alls. "
That is why I unsuscribed
Mithlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mithlas

Hasn't this been dealt with already?

Oh, yeah:
 http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7852/1086255-orlyfactor_thumb.jpg 

Here's a concept for everybody here obviously throwing around bait for flame wars: if you don't like politics, don't talk about them at all. Leave the selfish fools to fade away in obscurity.

I think this thread is ready to be locked now.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Wolverine: DO IT LIVE !
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#80  Edited By Geno
@MB said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:

What i think is why this news channel is allowed anymore . "

Fox News continues to destroy every other cable news network in the United States in the ratings. It's not going anywhere. "
Which is....disturbing. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Ag@Br3adfan said:
" @TwoOneFive said:
" how many more wannabe politically enlightened douches are gonna post videos forums about Fox News? "
So because someone talks about a subject that you have a problem with they are a 'wannabe politically enlightened douche'? "
no, its just that everyday somebody else decides to post something about Fox News. WE GET IT. FOX NEWS IS BIAS AND DUMB. move along now. 
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By NathHaw
@AgentJ: 

Keep in mind that "God's Son" is an example of misinterpretation.  Phrases like "fear of God" and "Son of God" are different in today's understanding.  

"Son" in the case you've mentioned was most likely a meaning along the lines of "an aspect of (or other part)" or something similar.  This example might be a reason that some of the arguments against the modern Bible aren't very good ones.  If the Bible was written today as a modern record with nearly identical meanings using well accepted language, these arguments probably wouldn't hold water much better to many people that follow it.  I do not believe in entirety the Gospels' teachings, but I do believe that a significant deal of it is factual.  What would help us most is to know a little of the background of these records and who (even unintentionally) changed them...and why.  We can most likely assume that some of it is based on other well regarded notions.

It's not so different from other histories' being rewritten to suit the times...and much of those histories were factual too.  Where do we find real truth?  I don't know, but starting with interpretation is one way.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By natetodamax

You can't beat science