• 83 results
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

This little video popped up in my subscription box today . and i was wondering what you guys think . I love cenk his show is one of my favorite  shows on youtube . 
What i think is why this news channel is allowed anymore .
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I can't  watch the first thirty seconds of that interview.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BoFooQ

oreily is a jackass, but i find myself trapped into watching him for a few minutes everytime i come across him.   it usually doesn't take long for him to start yelling and than i have to change the channel.  I don't believe in all his beliefs, but i love watching guys on fox news tell you one side of a story and act like their all perfect.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ahriman22

Watching fox is committing intellectual suicide.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike
@turbomonkey138 said:

What i think is why this news channel is allowed anymore . "

Fox News continues to destroy every other cable news network in the United States in the ratings. It's not going anywhere.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I love how people say that if you don't know exactly how the universe was created, then a magical man must have done it.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond

O Reilly, Limbaugh, Beck, Fox News, and most of the GOP have gotten really good at covering up their massive corruption, deception, and exploitation with FUD and lies.  What I don't get is why most of the public is so stupid to not see past this stuff instantly?  More than 15 years ago, the first time I was really exposed to modern politics on TV and was old enough to really understand anything about how the world works, I instantly saw through their efforts.

I was watching conservatives talk from the UK yesterday and it dawned on me the Republican party is destroying conservatism for generations in the US.  We're going to become a communist nation because of these idiots.  There isn't even a bit of intelligence left in the GOP, they've lost all their direction and all they are is hot air.  It's a shame because we can't have real political debate in the US anymore, and even if the GOP doesn't win or attain any of their goals it's going to seriously unbalance this nation.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Diamond: Did you watch the party speech by David Cameron ? I was reminded of how i don't like conservatives
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bubahula

is fox news some kind of inside joke among the media? 

edit: also i love that they show a picture of jesue every time someone says his name 

edit again!: this gets more and more fucked up ! did he just call him a fascist??!!!!
lolgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lolgreg

The fact that Fox News has a huge audience scares the crap out of me.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond
@turbomonkey138 said:
@Diamond: Did you watch the party speech by David Cameron ? I was reminded of how i don't like conservatives
Yea I believe it was him.  As much as you dislike him, he seems like Obama compared to 99% of the conservatives in the US.  He's mostly rational, at least from what I saw.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Diamond: Don't be fooled . Conservatives started the whole credit crisis in Britain and now their blaming it on labor
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

Fox News is not news media anymore. Maybe it was at one point but I think those days are long gone. I think they let those on the air because they create controversy and as Eric Bischoff said so beautifully "Controversy Creates Ca$h". I tend to ignore Fox News, there is really no point of watching them and getting your blood worked for Propaganda TV.  

I also want to make clear that I think all the other "News Media" groups are a load of shit. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
@turbomonkey138 said:
@Diamond: Don't be fooled . Conservatives started the whole credit crisis in Britain and now their blaming it on labor
I only probably watched like 5 minutes total of the thing, flipping channels around.  At least when I was watching he was backing up his arguments with facts, I don't know if he got into other bullshit when I wasn't watching.  Not that his points were 'won' on me, but he wouldn't claim the absurd stuff you hear all the time in the US.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Diamond: i agree ;) that's becuase religion has no place in politics over here
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ
Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

GODWINS LAW!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Fuck Bill Oriely, hes a piss off, but I do like watching him make a dumbass of himself.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Diamond said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

I only probably watched like 5 minutes total of the thing, flipping channels around.  At least when I was watching he was backing up his arguments with facts, I don't know if he got into other bullshit when I wasn't watching.  Not that his points were 'won' on me, but he wouldn't claim the absurd stuff you hear all the time in the US. "
Look at this .  
  Its over dramatic but it sums up why most of us hate conservatives

EDIT : This is also brilliant sketch comedy by Rowan Atkinson 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RsistncE

You guys have really awesome soap opera's in the US...oh...wait...THAT WAS THE NEWS?

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@RsistncE said:
" You guys have really awesome soap opera's in the US...oh...wait...THAT WAS THE NEWS? "
You, sir, have made my day!
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scooper
@Alex_Murphy said:
" I love how people say that if you don't know exactly how the universe was created, then a magical man must have done it. "
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Diamond
@turbomonkey138:  It's crazy to me because we don't have anything like some of those programs in the US.  It gives me the sense he's a small time crook as opposed to the criminal masterminds in the US GOP.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I come to GiantBomb as a refuge from people like him. But no, even here, in this gaming sanctuary, Papa Bear O'Reilly has followed me. Is nothing sacred?! Can no one stop the horror that is this monstrosity? 

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By calidan777

America. Fuck Yeah.
 America. Fuck Yeah.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Red

There is no doubt in my mind that Bill O'Reilly is a complete and utter moron. I believe in God, and I think both of these people need to stop trying to shove their own opinion down other peoples' throats. I'm not opposed to having schools teach the Theory of Evolution, because it is a theory, but the moral superiority the christian side feels just because they believe in God is a little bit ridiculous. However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Feser

You have to understand there is a huge market for that kind of shit. Conservatives/independants outnumber liberals 2 to one in the US, so scoundrels like O'reilly will rise up. Good conservatives shy away from a network which pushes birther nonsense (I am still shocked at how many people believe that). As a question of interest, and this seems to be the thread to answer this, I know of only a  few good liberal commentators outside the editorial circuit and wanted recommendations on more.
Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crocio

Smart guy,
He has a nice algorithm for shouting. Thank god his immorality is a human minority.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grimace
@Red said:
" There is no doubt in my mind that Bill O'Reilly is a complete and utter moron. I believe in God, and I think both of these people need to stop trying to shove their own opinion down other peoples' throats. I'm not opposed to having schools teach the Theory of Evolution, because it is a theory, but the moral superiority the christian side feels just because they believe in God is a little bit ridiculous. However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times. "
Agree 100%
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Akeldama

one more reason for me never to be a Christian 

Avatar image for hijacktheparade
hijacktheparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hijacktheparade

I like the crocoduck tie.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Alex_Murphy said:
" I love how people say that if you don't know exactly how the universe was created, then a magical man must have done it. "
I agree. I also must state that I felt my IQ drop by several points watching that interview, O'Reilly is an absolute utter arse. How the fuck can you include a belief system into a science class? I mean c'mon science deals with empirical evidence and tests hypothesis, beliefs simply cannot be tested. To think that there are some fucknuts like that out there scares the shit out of me.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentJ
@Akeldama said:
" one more reason for me never to be a Christian  "
Hey, don't blame Christians or Conservatives for guys like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and limbaugh. Blame the modern Republican party. 
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Diamond said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

I only probably watched like 5 minutes total of the thing, flipping channels around.  At least when I was watching he was backing up his arguments with facts, I don't know if he got into other bullshit when I wasn't watching.  Not that his points were 'won' on me, but he wouldn't claim the absurd stuff you hear all the time in the US. "
Look at this .  
  Its over dramatic but it sums up why most of us hate conservatives

EDIT : This is also brilliant sketch comedy by Rowan Atkinson 

"
The sad thing is that I truly believe they will win the next general election and we will see a huge cut in public sector spending - NHS, Schools, every budget will be slashed. I for one will never vote for him. Saying that mind, I'm from Scotland who was totally raped during the Thatcher years and as such will never vote conservative.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Akeldama
@AgentJ said:
" @Akeldama said:
" one more reason for me never to be a Christian  "
Hey, don't blame Christians or Conservatives for guys like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and limbaugh. Blame the modern Republican party.  "
the fact that someone as completely ass backwards as Bill believes in a god means i never will. He deserves to be weeded out Darwin style.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic

this eternal debate of god vs. science is so fucking lame =\

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NathHaw

I've seen this guy a few times.  He's a bigger swindler than O'Reilly.  Way bigger, and he and his show have many followers on Youtube, so I guess that he has some of that genius (negative connotation cited) that O'Reilly possesses.   He's a bit like Michael Moore.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AgentJ
@Bloviator said:
" I've seen this guy a few times.  He's a bigger swindler than O'Reilly.  Way bigger, and he and his show have many followers on Youtube, so I guess that he has some of that genius (negative connotation cited) that O'Reilly possesses.   He's a bit like Michael Moore. "
Who, alex jones?
Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Monkeyman04

This is the reason I think that O'Reilly is the biggest troll on the planet. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O'Reilly is walking evidence of why people think America is not an intelligent nation. Still, He has some way to go before he reaches Glenn Beck's level of lunacy.

macker33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By macker33

How are people so stupid to buy into an attention seeking nutbar like dawkins,,seriously,every arguement i've seen him he has lost and lost badly.
He said in a different interview that that he didnt believe in God because there was no proof and he went a mile on how stupid christians faith is yet two minutes later he says theres definately life on other planets.The guys crazy.

Owned by O Reilly.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By KingBroly
@MB said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:

What i think is why this news channel is allowed anymore . "

Fox News continues to destroy every other cable news network in the United States in the ratings. It's not going anywhere. "
And having the President of the United States attack them gives them MORE ratings!  It also gives them credibility in an ironic sort of way.
NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By NoDeath
@Red said:

" There is no doubt in my mind that Bill O'Reilly is a complete and utter moron. I believe in God, and I think both of these people need to stop trying to shove their own opinion down other peoples' throats. I'm not opposed to having schools teach the Theory of Evolution, because it is a theory, but the moral superiority the christian side feels just because they believe in God is a little bit ridiculous. However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times. "

Exactly right! I read The God Delusion and I can confidently say its just as much tongue-in-cheek-look-how-much-better-what-I-believe-is-than-what-you-believe propaganda bullshit as any right wing book trying to convince you of the opposite.  I, as an atheist, was kinda disgusted by the fact that he spent half the time slandering Christian/religious views instead of arguing his own - and even when he did that he was still an insufferable holier-than-thou asshole. His book was the one that finally convinced me that it doesn't matter which side you're on, if you've spent enough time championing your theistic beliefs to write a book about them, you're probably a total bigot.

Regarding Fox News - here's a clip I saw for the first time only a few minutes ago. The choice quote is at about 1:05 - 1:30.

Maybe its just because I'm not American, but an America concerned only with its own dominance seems.. I don't know... thugish
Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Myrmidon
@NoDeath said:

" @Red said:

Exactly right! I read The God Delusion and I can confidently say its just as much tongue-in-cheek-look-how-much-better-what-I-believe-is-than-what-you-believe propaganda bullshit as any right wing book trying to convince you of the opposite.  I, as an atheist, was kinda disgusted by the fact that he spent half the time slandering Christian/religious views instead of arguing his own - and even when he did that he was still an insufferable holier-than-thou asshole. His book was the one that finally convinced me that it doesn't matter which side you're on, if you've spent enough time championing your theistic beliefs to write a book about them, you're probably a total bigot. 

Maybe its just because I'm not American, but an America concerned only with its own dominance seems.. I don't know... thugish "
 It's nice to see a non believer that doesn't wedge his tongue up Richard Dawkin's arsehole. The man is a brilliant scientific mind, but he is far too confident in his beliefs, which are often highly hypocritical. The stance itself is hypocritical considering the fact that 90% of his argument is that religion has no proof therefore it is a fallacy. Nothing pertaining to a God or lack thereof will ever be fully proven until he sticks his head through the clouds and throws us all a sweet thumbs up.

Agnosticism for the win, ignorance is bliss.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I myself am an agnostic and respect almost all beliefs but O'Reily held a ridiculous debate there and I have to give a lot of respect to Dawkins both as a debater and a scientist.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By RichardLOlson

Wow I can't believe that this is what we are reduced to.  Bill O'reily is just a huge piece of shit and someone really needs to put him out of his misery.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deusdigit

I Don't like fox news, They are NOT Fair and Balanced.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoFooQ

"it's a nice rewards and the money isn't bad" 
all news shows are crazy, why do they always have like 3 too many guests.  can't you just talk to one person at a time without them yelling at each other.  that jackass oreily yells all the time than explains thats the way he talks.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By KamasamaK
@Red said:
" However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times. "
Do you know of a better way than the scientific method? Denying empirical evidence would make someone an idiot to me. Science doesn't deal with opinion, and your mischaracterization of it and Dawkins appalls me. Facts are far more numerous than you seem to think, though that doesn't mean we know any significant portion of them.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By Red
@Kamasama said:

" @Red said:

" However, even though Bill O'Reilly's manipulating slimery is offensive to my brain, Richard Dawkins' phrasing makes it seem like everyone who doesn't believe in science's way of explaining things is an idiot that denies "fact". Practically nothing in this world is fact, and trying to make others think your opinion is fact appalls me, as I've said countless times. "
Do you know of a better way than the scientific method? Denying empirical evidence would make someone an idiot to me. Science doesn't deal with opinion, and your mischaracterization of it and Dawkins appalls me. Facts are far more numerous than you seem to think, though that doesn't mean we know any significant portion of them. "
I'm not talking about faith or science at all. Crapping on someone else to make yourself look better is cheap, and someone's opinion and view should always have some respect. Also, just because you believe in something different doesn't make you "superior" in any way.