Can Anyone Give Me Any Tips About BodyBuilding?

• 105 results
haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By haffy

I must go to a rough gym or something because I know for a fact the majority of people who go to my gym are on some form of steroids. I've never taken them, and I've not got anything against them. I just do to much cardio and sports for it to be worth it for me. But saying that, training with my friend who is on them, it's kind of unreal the progress he makes along with the short recovery time he needs.

Here's a pretty good documentary about steroid use.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMk4N6SLgGo Full film here.

The person filming has never taken steroids, but both of his brothers actively take them. I really recommend watching it, because a lot of peoples opinions on steroids aren't actually their own. Just regurgitated shit they've heard from somewhere else and weird horror stories of that one guy who was on them.

Obviously if you're going to think about taking them do some proper research. There is a lot of bullshit in the media which massively exaggerate the dangers of steroids and lump together the hundreds of different forms into one product. But they can be dangerous especially if you don't know what you're doing/taking, just make sure you know what you're getting into.

Also be careful with the laws. I don't know what it's like in other countries. But here in the UK it's fine to have enough for personal use. And needle clinics will give you clean needles anytime you need.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By Matfei90
@falserelic said:

@Matfei90 said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just looking for some advice from any guys from this site. That knows proper ways when it comes to weight lifting. I go to a gym that has limited dumb bells and weight machines. I been lifting weights for weeks almost everyday, but alot of times I don't feel sore. I do alot of reps but I still don't feel anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

First off, lifting everyday isn't ideal unless you're on juice. Giving muscle groups ample time (2-3 days) to rest before hitting them again is crucial. If you're not feeling sore, it's an indicator that you aren't pushing hard enough, or you need to increase your weight for a given exercise. You mention doing 'alot of reps', which I'm assuming is more than 14-16? Personally I do between 8-12 reps a set, sometimes up to 16 at the absolute maximum if I'm getting a good reaction from the muscle, but when I was starting, 8-12 reps with 3-4 sets per exercise was a nice simple way to organise things. Anyway, I wish you luck on your journey, shit isn't easy and takes time so stick with it mate.

From now on I'm going to do more heavier weights, less reps and lift weights 3 times a week. Doing this is making me feel alot more sore. I'm going to continue this routine and see if it works for me. Hopefully in a few weeks I can see some progress. Thanks for the heads up.

Great to hear brother. Rule of thumb is, if the muscle group is sore 2-3 days after hitting it, you're doing something right.

Of course there are always exceptions to rules, for example I hit legs 4 days ago and they only just started hurting, even though I set a new PB on multiple exercises.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By artofwar420

Starting Strength is definitely recommended. Give it a shot.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Rowr

I guess the main thing to remember when body building is the amount you should bulk up is in direct correlation to how insecure you are about your penis size.

Don't waste your time body building, instead get a physical job or hobby that you enjoy and earn some natural looking muscles that wont instantly dissapear as soon as you stop using them.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By falserelic

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@BraveToaster said:

I don't feel soar when I lift weights either.

Have you not gotten use to the way he spells certain words at this point?

On the topic at hand, I suggest that you don't. Muscles are gross.

Yes I know I don't have the best grammar.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By falserelic

@SoothsayerGB said:

Anyone here know about steroid use and testicle shrinking? I've been thinking about getting rid of my nuts. Those things are really damn bothersome, especially when it's hot out. Not really interested in getting in any kind of shape. But was wondering if maybe I could just use roids to shrink my nuts. You know, get'em out of the way. At least for the summer.

If they get small enough do they just slip up inside your body? "Retract?" The legal roids that is.

Even though I know your joking. Steroids can be pretty dangerous to the body, look at this vid.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RustySanderke

@falserelic: He clearly used synthol instead of steroids, since that's not muscle.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By falserelic

@RustySanderke said:

@falserelic: He clearly used synthol instead of steroids, since that's not muscle.

I know this might be a dumb question, but whats synthol?

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By phrali

jesus this topic went south. DO NOT USE STEROIDS.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By stinky

also from Reddit,

friends don't let friends skip leg day.

No Caption Provided
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By falserelic

@phrali said:

jesus this topic went south. DO NOT USE STEROIDS.

This topic didn't go off the deep end. I've never had thoughts about using steroids. After seeing the side effects and harm it causes to the body. I want nothing to do with it.