Can Someone Get Detailed Phone Text Message Transcripts?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Kinda a random question to ask here, but this is my most easily accessible forums. :P

My friend was wondering about this. She was worried her parents were spying, and somehow getting a log of all the texts she sent, word for word. I told her that she probably just left her phone sitting somewhere, and they got it and read her texts, but she said that's not possible because she keeps her phone locked at all times, so I dunno.
I read online that you can only get detailed logs legally. That you have to go through court, and get a court order. Yet I still saw a few people saying that it IS possible to get detailed text transcripts. So I don't know who to believe really. I thought maybe someone here might know. /shrug 

(I am aware that you can get a record that shows the number, date/time, etc, but not the actual message. What I'm talking about is a log that actually shows the entire message, not just the date/time/number, and amount sent.)

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ZimboDK

Nope. Not without a court order. I know there are products that can do it though, by basically installing spyware on the phone and copying the message to an external server. Other services like TreasureMyText can do it too, but you have to manually forward the text to a specific number to get it stored online. In all honesty though, she probably either left the phone somewhere, or maybe her parents has asked her friends (or their parents) about what sort of messages she sends.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MAST
@ZimboDK said:
"I know there are products that can do it though, by basically installing spyware on the phone and copying the message to an external server. Other services like TreasureMyText can do it too, but you have to manually forward the text to a specific number to get it stored online."
Yeah, I don't think her parents are that tech savvy. I doubt they coulda done all that. Especially considering that she was with them when they got her the phone, and it probably went straight out of the box, and into her hands...

Your probably right, she probably just got careless and left her phone lying around unlocked. Oh well, serves her right for talking about stupid stuff to stupid people, and then not covering her tracks. :P
MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAST

Gonna bump once just in case someone else has any input, or something to add.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

Not without installing some kind of Spyware, and I imagine that isn't the easiest thing if you're not that tech savvy.

ac3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ac3x

Kids these days and their sexting. Did you plant a bun in the oven, you dirty dog you?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MAST
@ac3x said:
" Kids these days and their sexting. Did you plant a bun in the oven, you dirty dog you? "
Lol, yeah... She got sexted so hard that the love nectar actually went over the airwaves and impregnated her. :P

Actually I think it was more her talking about drinking, and smoking weed. So she's afraid she got busted, and her parents are just waiting for the right time to make a big issue out of it. /shrug
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I wish there was, I'd love to see my texts of old. Lots of good shit I have to just erase because I have a shitty tiny phone.