you sir, are and idiot :)

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Wait a second... are you saying a government surplus is a GOOD thing?

Also, you seem to forget that war is expensive. While you may argue that George W. Bush's war was unnecessary, Bill Clinton never really had to deal with war in his presidency.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MasturbatingBear
PufferFiz said:
"you sir, are and idiot :)"
fix this before you call someone an idiot please...
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz
MasturbatingBear said:
"PufferFiz said:
fix this before you call someone an idiot please..."
no that's the way you say it.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear
PufferFiz said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"PufferFiz said:
no that's the way you say it."
from where? is it from something? if so ill back off...
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz
MasturbatingBear said:
"PufferFiz said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"PufferFiz said:
no that's the way you say it."
from where? is it from something? if so ill back off..."
yes 4chan, i don't really understand it to well myself but i think it is funny.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By atejas
MasturbatingBear said:
"PufferFiz said:
Didn't get the meme.
Also, in during shitstorm.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Different times... as Mark Twain once said, " History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme." Don't look at the president just look at the time. Presidents are made by this. Pretty funny pic, I got it.

h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By h8smikemoore

anyone who thinks republicans and democrats dont sellout the people on a regular basis is nothing more than a sheep. period. Obama fans, and McCain fans are sheep.

for the record, there was no surplus. there was a plan for one.

SonyVaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SonyVaio
AndrewGaspar said:
"...

Also, you seem to forget that war is expensive. While you may argue that George W. Bush's war was unnecessary, Bill Clinton never really had to deal with war in his presidency."
thats what u do when you dont wanna waste money and the rest of the world to hate you, WARS WASTE MONEY AND PEOPLE!
lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By lamegame621

Reagan and Clinton had completely different economical viewpoints. Conservatives under Reagan supported supply-side economics whereas liberals under Clinton supported Keynesian economics. One of them worked better. However, both parties fail so often that I believe the most fitting statement is...h8smikemoore said:

"anyone who thinks republicans and democrats dont sellout the people on a regular basis is nothing more than a sheep. period. Obama fans, and McCain fans are sheep."
well said.
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icil
h8smikemoore said:
"anyone who thinks republicans and democrats dont sellout the people on a regular basis is nothing more than a sheep. period. Obama fans, and McCain fans are sheep.

for the record, there was no surplus. there was a plan for one."
Who aren't sheep? Ron Paul fans? Your silly labels come from the inner desire to group everyone up and put them below you.

The government's not out to fuck everyone over. There isn't some Illuminati trying to run the government under our noses. They don't put RFID chips in your clothes or implant them into babies. It's a democracy. If we think we're being fucked over, we will revolt. Plus, the internet's upon us. If we think we're being fed false information, we'll call it out.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Milkman
Icil said:
"h8smikemoore said:
"anyone who thinks republicans and democrats dont sellout the people on a regular basis is nothing more than a sheep. period. Obama fans, and McCain fans are sheep.

It's a democracy.
Actually, it's a republic.
momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By momentarylogic
Icil said:
"h8smikemoore said:

Who aren't sheep? Ron Paul fans? Your silly labels come from the inner desire to group everyone up and put them below you.

The government's not out to fuck everyone over. There isn't some Illuminati trying to run the government under our noses. They don't put RFID chips in your clothes or implant them into babies. It's a democracy. If we think we're being fucked over, we will revolt. Plus, the internet's upon us. If we think we're being fed false information, we'll call it out."
*slow claps*
Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

PufferFiz said:
post of the fucking year.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
AndrewGaspar said:
"...

Wait a second... are you saying a government surplus is a GOOD thing?."
It is a brilliant thing!!! Do you think we'd be in the same financial mess we're in now if governments had built up a surplus during the good financial times? Sure allot of the events leading to this poor economic time would have still occurred, but it would be much easier to bring us out of the looming recession if governments had money saved up.

The problem is the stupid public see a surplus and think the government is stealing their money and not putting it to good use. They don't think that saving it for a rainy day might actually be a good idea!!!!
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By StaticFalconar
AndrewGaspar said:
"...

Also, you seem to forget that war is expensive. While you may argue that George W. Bush's war was unnecessary, Bill Clinton never really had to deal with war in his presidency."

Um, the terrorist have won because Bushy spent the government into the ground, with his little war. Now, when the economy needs help,, the government doesn't have any resources other than going into a bigger deficit for next year.

War is expensive, that is why most countries don't go into war unless they are defending their country. Fuck trying to spread/protect democracy abroad when we cannot even deal with our own problems.

America is about 10 trillion in debt, and the surplus year from Clinton barely made a dent in it. If future presidents do nothing but spend us more into debt, it will only be a matter of time before America's bankers say pay up. When we eventually cannot, guess what, our country is gonna be like Iceland and declare bankruptcy.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Red

How is Bill Clinton is somehow a great president for cutting military spending completely and cheating on his wife? It's like selling your soul to the devil and then deciding to sell your dignity as well.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BoG
*facepalm in raction to this entire thread*

Claude
said:
"Different times... as Mark Twain once said, " History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme." Don't look at the president just look at the time. Presidents are made by this. Pretty funny pic, I got it."
This is the wisest statement of all so far. However, I do agree with the comic to a degree, and the failure of republicans to be thrifty has been a downfall of the party.
SonyVaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonyVaio
Red said:
"How is Bill Clinton is somehow a great president for cutting military spending completely and cheating on his wife? It's like selling your soul to the devil and then deciding to sell your dignity as well."
ya because the miltary is known for the greatness, this is WW2, every president cheats, there the fucking president
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
Red said:
"How is Bill Clinton is somehow a great president for cutting military spending completely and cheating on his wife? It's like selling your soul to the devil and then deciding to sell your dignity as well."
There is nothing wrong with getting a blowjob. Especially if your wife is Hillary "The Man" Clinton.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adam_grif

Hey guys lets make a thread where the OP posts a single characteristic of four things and ignores every other in a series of complex and interlocking characteristics for the purpose of supporting our insecurities regarding our political party of preference.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adam_grif
adam_grif said:
"Hey guys lets make a thread where the OP posts a single characteristic of four things and ignores every other in a series of complex and interlocking characteristics for the purpose of supporting our insecurities regarding our political party of preference."
Oh whoops, I'm already posting in a thread that does just that.

Boy do I feel silly!
dualityofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dualityofman

I would hardly consider George W. Bush a fiscal conservative

SonyVaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SonyVaio
dualityofman said:
"I would hardly consider George W. Bush a fiscal conservative"
But  thats wat he and his party claim, Reagan claimed and Bush 1 claimed
h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By h8smikemoore
Icil said:
"h8smikemoore said:

The government's not out to fuck everyone over. There isn't some Illuminati trying to run the government under our noses. They don't put RFID chips in your clothes or implant them into babies. It's a democracy. If we think we're being fucked over, we will revolt. Plus, the internet's upon us. If we think we're being fed false information, we'll call it out."
I didnt say anything about an illuminati.

For the record, I do think YOU are below me, if that counts :)

But even if I dont think theres no illuminati, its not like YOU could give a reasonable answer as to why, your opinions are based upon pure emotion, as opposed to reason. Ive never heard anyone say anything about RFID chips in clothes either.

We arent a democracy, democracies would result in a situation far worse than the situation we currently have. Democracy is by far one of the worst ideas humans ever came up with. Everyone has rights, and if everyone in the world tries to take away that right, they still arent valid.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serbsta
Icil said:
"h8smikemoore said:

Where then may i ask, is the revolution?

Am i to assume that you think that you aren't being fucked over? Because if that's what you truly think, then you have been TRULY fucked with.

Good day to you.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dalai

Several problems with the comic.

Reagan and Bush #41 had to work with a Democratic Congress so there had to be some compromises.  Bush Sr. did raise taxes along with Clinton, but Clinton's spending was cut because of the Republican Congress.  And i wouldn't call Bush #43 fiscally conservative... he did bloat the government during his time, some of that can be blamed on the War on Terror, though.

I believe fiscal conservatism works, but it has never been implemented... W. had a chance to do it, but he didn't seal the deal.

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Giantkitty
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

adam_grif said:
"adam_grif said:
"Hey guys lets make a thread where the OP posts a single characteristic of four things and ignores every other in a series of complex and interlocking characteristics for the purpose of supporting our insecurities regarding our political party of preference."
Oh whoops, I'm already posting in a thread that does just that.

Boy do I feel silly!"

Sorry adam, but your fiscal philosophy doesn't work. ;)
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Icil
serbsta said:

Am i to assume that you think that you aren't being fucked over? Because if that's what you truly think, then you have been TRULY fucked with.

Good day to you."
Hey, I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I will say that I can wake up in the morning and not hear gunfire outside my window. I can go to the grocery store at any time and get the food I want. If you are underprivileged or poor and want to go to college, the government can help (I won't say that those programs are without flaw, though). Trust me, this is rational thinking. Think about what other governments give their citizens.

Maybe our definitions of 'fucking us over' is different. It all depends on how much you feel you deserve from the government. All I believe I deserve is peace outside my home. I can handle the rest beyond that.
h8smikemoore said:

(snip)
I don't know if that's sarcasm. Otherwise, the smiley can't exonerate you from being an asshole.
h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By h8smikemoore

you did a good job at proving the bush's arent conservative or good presidents, great. you just helped conservatives.

anyway, the community reinvestment act is what caused this mess (aside from other big government problems that have been around for a long time)
who pushed this? Oh, clinton.

h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By h8smikemoore
Icil said:
"serbsta said:

Good day to you."
Hey, I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I will say that I can wake up in the morning and not hear gunfire outside my window. I can go to the grocery store at any time and get the food I want. If you are underprivileged or poor and want to go to college, the government can help (I won't say that those programs are without flaw, though). Trust me, this is rational thinking. Think about what other governments give their citizens.

Maybe our definitions of 'fucking us over' is different. It all depends on how much you feel you deserve from the government. All I believe I deserve is peace outside my home. I can handle the rest beyond that.
h8smikemoore said:

(snip)
I don't know if that's sarcasm. Otherwise, the smiley can't exonerate you from being an asshole."

security isnt as important as liberty. North Korea is pretty secure.
when the government helps, it merely keeps prices up. I dont support monopolies, thus I dont support government intervention.

http://mises.org/story/1471 - Myth of government services being efficient
http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=11 - How government intervention is nothing more than corporatism, and creates monopolies

If anyone responds to this without reading both articles, I have every right to assume theyre an idiot. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant.
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Icil

I'll say that I've skimmed those articles, and if you want to throw away the rest of my post based on that, then go ahead.

I think that you're right: government control doesn't imply efficiency, but sometimes we have to sacrifice that in order to make the good public.

Quick excerpt from a lecture I went to last year:

There are exactly four criteria that are the cause of market failure. Any one of these criteria being true means that the market is incapable of coming up with the correct equilibrium price.

Those are:

Equity (the belief that all citizens deserve this good or service, like healthcare)
Public Goods (goods that cannot be denied to those who do not pay for it, like police [if paying for police was voluntary, how would they deny people who don't pay?]. Another example is roads and highways)
Market power (when monopolies arise because of an extremely low supply [like natural resources])
Externalities (having an external cost that is not reflected in the good, ie, the 'health' cost of nonsmokers when smokers buy tobacco)

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By serbsta
Icil said:
"serbsta said:

Good day to you."

I see where you're coming from. Its all connected and its very hard to take sides, its ironic how people from 3rd world countries look at us and think of our amazingly lavished lives when it is our government who is putting their country in the whole, and keeping it there. You sound like you're sitting on the fence, you CAN go out of your house  to do your groceries and what not's (most of the time) without hassle and in peace, but then the people who run this wheel still maintain a firm grip on you through finance, media etc; why don't YOU deserve better? Just because NOW is "OK" doesn't mean it shouldn't be a LOT better. Thats the way i see it.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndrewGaspar
MattyFTM said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"...

Wait a second... are you saying a government surplus is a GOOD thing?."
It is a brilliant thing!!! Do you think we'd be in the same financial mess we're in now if governments had built up a surplus during the good financial times? Sure allot of the events leading to this poor economic time would have still occurred, but it would be much easier to bring us out of the looming recession if governments had money saved up.

The problem is the stupid public see a surplus and think the government is stealing their money and not putting it to good use. They don't think that saving it for a rainy day might actually be a good idea!!!!"
Reagen had to deal with the Cold War (unavoidable). George H. W. Bush had to deal with Kuwait (unavoidable). George W. Bush had to deal with Afghanistan (unavoidable) and Iraq (probably avoidable, but too late now). All three of these Presidents had wars, Clinton did not.

And frankly, the government should not be bailing out irresponsible corporations in a free market economy anyway, so I could care less whether it has the money to do this. An economic crisis does not justify a surplus.

The government would be best if it just broke even, but seeing as we've always been in debt since the early nineteenth century, I'm really not all that worried about the current debt. It will be paid for over time.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
AndrewGaspar said:
"Reagen had to deal with the Cold War (unavoidable). George H. W. Bush had to deal with Kuwait (unavoidable). George W. Bush had to deal with Afghanistan (unavoidable) and Iraq (probably avoidable, but too late now). All three of these Presidents had wars, Clinton did not.

And frankly, the government should not be bailing out irresponsible corporations in a free market economy anyway, so I could care less whether it has the money to do this. An economic crisis does not justify a surplus.

The government would be best if it just broke even, but seeing as we've always been in debt since the early nineteenth century, I'm really not all that worried about the current debt. It will be paid for over time."
I never said that the amount of debt didn't have a reason, I merely explained that having a surplus is a good thing. And I also agree that bailing out corporations is not the way to get out of a recession. You give benefits to poorer families. This helps keep families out of poverty, and they then spend this money keeping corporations alive. It is necessary to keep companies alive, or it will lead to a total economic breakdown that would not be good for anyone.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndrewGaspar
MattyFTM said:
"I never said that the amount of debt didn't have a reason, I merely explained that having a surplus is a good thing. And I also agree that bailing out corporations is not the way to get out of a recession. You give benefits to poorer families. This helps keep families out of poverty, and they then spend this money keeping corporations alive. It is necessary to keep companies alive, or it will lead to a total economic breakdown that would not be good for anyone."
Rather than giving out money to poor families (and therefore lessening the incentives to work), tax breaks should be offered to small businesses, thus allowing them to reinvest more of their income and hire more workers. This is how you get money to the poor: by creating jobs, not by giving handouts.
SonyVaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SonyVaio
adam_grif said:
NO intellegence  ALLOWED :P
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The original picture wasn't as good as the 30th post.

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hats

Why do Americans vote on the personality and not the policy seems counter intuitive to me :/

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
h8smikemoore said:

mmmmmmhm.....anyone who supports obama or mccain are total tools.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Icil said:
"I'll say that I've skimmed those articles, and if you want to throw away the rest of my post based on that, then go ahead.

I think that you're right: government control doesn't imply efficiency, but sometimes we have to sacrifice that in order to make the good public.

Quick excerpt from a lecture I went to last year:

There are exactly four criteria that are the cause of market failure. Any one of these criteria being true means that the market is incapable of coming up with the correct equilibrium price.

Those are:

Equity (the belief that all citizens deserve this good or service, like healthcare)
Public Goods (goods that cannot be denied to those who do not pay for it, like police [if paying for police was voluntary, how would they deny people who don't pay?]. Another example is roads and highways)
Market power (when monopolies arise because of an extremely low supply [like natural resources])
Externalities (having an external cost that is not reflected in the good, ie, the 'health' cost of nonsmokers when smokers buy tobacco)
"
so would you favor public good even if it meant slavery?

You make no sense. The market isn't based on what people deserve. You are completely wrong. It is a system of voluntary exchanges. I believe that firemen DESERVE more than basketball players, but the market has decided otherwise. It isn't fair, but the market has nothing to do with fairness.

Also, what do you consider fair? There is a difference between treating people equal, and attempting to make them equal. Taxes someone more than someone else to MAKE them equal is unfair treatment attempting to create equal results.

Public goods are a joke. The market place decides what goods are most important. If a road needs to be built, it will be built. If a school needs to be built, it would be built. The market can take care of that without government.

Market power? What about it? Monopolies don't just ARISE. People are the power of the monopoly. A monopoly cannot exist without people's consent. If there is a monopoly on slinkies, who cares? The only goods that should be protected from monopolies are water, and some food.

Externalities. How does the market not fix this? And what is there to fix?
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
h8smikemoore said:
"you did a good job at proving the bush's arent conservative or good presidents, great. you just helped conservatives.

anyway, the community reinvestment act is what caused this mess (aside from other big government problems that have been around for a long time)
who pushed this? Oh, clinton."
HEY!!! I remember you from GS. We used to argue with against people on OT all the time. We complemented each other's arguments nicely. Good to see ya!