Cooking Show with Dan?

fullthrottle49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who thinks that it would be great, even potentially funny, to have a show that would place Dan in a situation to cook a recipe? From spaghetti to baking a cake from scratch. I'm not saying that it should be done, but has anyone ever thought about this?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what has happened to my life that one of the things I was most excited for was to see a grown man eat a pickle, but that is who I am now. Anything to do with Dan and food is interesting to me. Yes I would watch a cooking show.

tylergray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tylergray

Well, I have been wondering how many ways exist to prepare a cheese meal...

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By glots

Gotta get that "Escaping from prison" show going first.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Dan VS a Wolf be a premium feature?

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd watch that, or Dan vs Wolf for that matter.

jimothyjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jimothyjim

"Obviously, you wanna put a shitload of cheese on anything you're ever making"

Turns out we may have gone to the same school of cookery after all.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Every episode would end with him throwing everything in the trash and going to Taco Bell.

...I'd give it #SixSeasonsAndAMovie

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@kingbonesaw: I didn't see the thumbnail and just assumed he was gonna scoop all the pizza roll shit out of said pizza rolls to put into the omelette. Obviously, that was stupid of me to think.

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that idea :-) Also a show where, each episode, he's taken to a different restaurant and forced to eat something repulsive to him.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I would prefer a woodworking show with Dan, really anything where we teach that guy stuff.

I'd love some non-videogame Giant Bomb content. But. I feel like with the negativity of some of our comments lately, it would just lead to complaints. =(

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's already too many disastrous reality shows. We don't need another.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I think once a week for a year he should try a new food or condiment that he has never tried

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The comment section is not ready to handle everyone shouting Dan's name so it should be livestreamed and bring back the hype meter.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mikemcn said:

I would prefer a woodworking show with Dan, really anything where we teach that guy stuff.

I'd love some non-videogame Giant Bomb content. But. I feel like with the negativity of some of our comments lately, it would just lead to complaints. =(

That makes me think of a segment that was done back on The Totally Rad Show. "Dan Becomes a Man." That was a different Dan, obviously, but I enjoyed the few of those they did. Definitely could be cool to see something similar on here.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, those Taco bell periscope runs isn't a cooking show :'(

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Can we just get a Truman Show of Dan's life? Everything Dan does falls somewhere on the spectrum of hilarious to fascinating, and I feel like it's a disservice that it isn't being fully documented for posterity. Hell, throw Paul Ryckert in there, too. As much as I generally despise reality shows, that shit would be endlessly entertaining.

At this point, you could just put Dan in a room with a crab and I'd watch at least a half-hour of what transpired.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I suggested this idea once a long time ago. One person cooks "for the big game" they're playing, they play a sports game, and talk about sports as much as they know anyway.

Called something like Foodball? I could use more comical sports games on GB in my life.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Since Dan is both "character Dan" and "real Dan" at any given time, it's hard to say if Cooking with Dan Ryckert would actually be any fun. Much like any reality show, the reality is heavily edited. Jeff Gerstmann on many occasions has pointed out that Dan plays the "character" of himself more often than people realize. Thatis not a knock against Dan, and Jeff isn't knocking Dan. Jeff is just revealing what should be pretty obvious - Dan is self aware of Dan. Once something he does is pointed out to him, Dan mines it for jokes and humor. Dan knows how to sell theDan Ryckert©® brand, he's been doing it his whole life.

I perfere the extemporaneous discussions (spoken or done without preparation) with Dan, because for a few seconds and even up to a few minutes you have teh real Dan talking about what he knows, thinks he knows, and doesn't know...that is actually funny for being so raw & real. Anything where they videotape Dan trying to be Dan and that is 90% Dan Ryckert©® the character. Dan playing D&D was 110% "character" Dan Ryckert©®.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony Bourdain show's Dan how to cook.

Make it happen.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taco Bell: The Show?

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Dan is both "character Dan" and "real Dan" at any given time, it's hard to say if Cooking with Dan Ryckert would actually be any fun. Much like any reality show, the reality is heavily edited. Jeff Gerstmann on many occasions has pointed out that Dan plays the "character" of himself more often than people realize. Thatis not a knock against Dan, and Jeff isn't knocking Dan. Jeff is just revealing what should be pretty obvious - Dan is self aware of Dan. Once something he does is pointed out to him, Dan mines it for jokes and humor. Dan knows how to sell theDan Ryckert©® brand, he's been doing it his whole life.

I perfere the extemporaneous discussions (spoken or done without preparation) with Dan, because for a few seconds and even up to a few minutes you have teh real Dan talking about what he knows, thinks he knows, and doesn't know...that is actually funny for being so raw & real. Anything where they videotape Dan trying to be Dan and that is 90% Dan Ryckert©® the character. Dan playing D&D was 110% "character" Dan Ryckert©®.

Which is why the Jeremiah bit worked so well.

"Dan keeps talking about bullets. He wants to be shot."

"He can't possibly mean that. Nobody in their right mind would say that."

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been saying that GB should do more non video game content. A Dan cooking show or a Vinny bug out bag/prepper video would be very welcome.

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd be happy with a once a month thing of non video game content about teaching Dan about DIY, cooking or whatever. Would give the chance for a higher production value perhaps than a weekly thing so Abby/Vinny could really stretch their legs in post production..?

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as this cooking show of Dan involves him referring to any sort of flour or breading as "dust", I'm down.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please god no. I think it'd be way more fun to watch Vinny build something with wood or Alex talk about music.