Dead Space, Drunken Rock Band, and "Set Phasers To Fun" + Misc.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

Edited By skrutop

Dead Space

I got Dead Space for Christmas, and finally got around to popping it into my 360's DVD tray.  And HO-LEE SHIT is it good!  I can't remember the last time that any game made such a great first impression.  Though none of its pieces are terribly novel, every single one of them is well-executed.  The game looks simply stunning, controls very well, and perfectly nails the fine balance between Resident Evil-style jump scares and Silent Hill's underlying spookiness.  I'm not far into the game yet, but I am enjoying it immensely.

Drunken Rock Band

My GH3 Les Paul started crapping out on me after after about two years of sold service.  Costco ran a GH: World Tour bundle deal for $30, so I grabbed one of those a few months ago.  Well, the strummer on that guitar already went out, so I had to grab a new guitar.  The Micro Centre near me sells the RB2 Strats for $40.  It's a bit wonky (I've never used the RB guitars before), but I tried using a pick instead of strumming with my thumb.  I'm not that great at it yet, but somehow it does make the game a lot more fun.  Also, I was four beers deep when I started playing, which makes anything fun.

Set Phasers To Fun

I am so happy for the unofficial return of the Endurance Run for the beta of Star Trek Online.  My wife and I are big Star Trek fans - she prefers TNG, as anyone should, though I'm also a fan of Voyager and season 3 of Enterprise - though I'm not a fan of MMOs.  I've been enjoying what STO has to offer so far, but I can also see the rough edges.  If they do wind up doing a 360 port, which I sort of doubt, I may break down and get it eventually.

Miscellany

I started a couple new games of Dragon Age to get through all of the origin stories, and for achievement whoring purposes.  Though I didn't really like Dragon Age that much, it was definitely worth going back and seeing all of the background stories.  They tie into the overall narrative in what I think were very inventive ways.  I also dusted off my copy of Lego Batman to get some easy achievements.  I figured I could S-rank it, but it turns out that I simply don't have the patience to actually try. 
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By skrutop

Dead Space

I got Dead Space for Christmas, and finally got around to popping it into my 360's DVD tray.  And HO-LEE SHIT is it good!  I can't remember the last time that any game made such a great first impression.  Though none of its pieces are terribly novel, every single one of them is well-executed.  The game looks simply stunning, controls very well, and perfectly nails the fine balance between Resident Evil-style jump scares and Silent Hill's underlying spookiness.  I'm not far into the game yet, but I am enjoying it immensely.

Drunken Rock Band

My GH3 Les Paul started crapping out on me after after about two years of sold service.  Costco ran a GH: World Tour bundle deal for $30, so I grabbed one of those a few months ago.  Well, the strummer on that guitar already went out, so I had to grab a new guitar.  The Micro Centre near me sells the RB2 Strats for $40.  It's a bit wonky (I've never used the RB guitars before), but I tried using a pick instead of strumming with my thumb.  I'm not that great at it yet, but somehow it does make the game a lot more fun.  Also, I was four beers deep when I started playing, which makes anything fun.

Set Phasers To Fun

I am so happy for the unofficial return of the Endurance Run for the beta of Star Trek Online.  My wife and I are big Star Trek fans - she prefers TNG, as anyone should, though I'm also a fan of Voyager and season 3 of Enterprise - though I'm not a fan of MMOs.  I've been enjoying what STO has to offer so far, but I can also see the rough edges.  If they do wind up doing a 360 port, which I sort of doubt, I may break down and get it eventually.

Miscellany

I started a couple new games of Dragon Age to get through all of the origin stories, and for achievement whoring purposes.  Though I didn't really like Dragon Age that much, it was definitely worth going back and seeing all of the background stories.  They tie into the overall narrative in what I think were very inventive ways.  I also dusted off my copy of Lego Batman to get some easy achievements.  I figured I could S-rank it, but it turns out that I simply don't have the patience to actually try. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Dead Space was a fantastic experience. I'm looking forward to 2, but I really need to play Dead Space Extraction. Same universe, but different genre, I need to know.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ahriman22

Only 4 beers?

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@ahriman22: He might be short, skinny, or short and skinny
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By skrutop
@ahriman22 said:
" Only 4 beers? "
Yup.  Each at least 8% ABV.  I likes my beers STRONG!
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ahriman22
@skrutop: Oh. Still though... OK maybe I just find it weird because I can down 7 with no great effects.