FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FengShuiGod

Which do you like more?

I'm sort of undecided. I think they are both ok, but neither one stands apart from the other.

Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Just_Insane

My vote goes to Planet Terror....i just liked it overall more, but Death Proof wasn't bad either

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By stAtic

I liked both but Planet Terror isn't as slow.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Damonation

I liked Death Proof. It felt like it was ripped straight from the 1970's and had an awesome car chase.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Karmum

Well, in my opinion.

Rodriguez > Tarantino

So, Planet Terror > Death Proof. But honestly, I did enjoy PT more than DP, DP was okay, PT was awesome, in a weird way.

Tarantino has had a few good movies, though.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damonation
Karmum said:
"Well, in my opinion.

Rodriguez > Tarantino

So, Planet Terror > Death Proof. But honestly, I did enjoy PT more than DP, DP was okay, PT was awesome, in a weird way.

Tarantino has had a few good movies, though."
I beg to differ
Tarantino: 4

Rodriguez: 0
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karmum
Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
"Well, in my opinion.

Rodriguez > Tarantino

I beg to differ

Rodriguez: 0"
All up for opinion, hint my first sentence. Besides, Rodriguez might be directing the Jetsons live action movie. >_>
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Damonation
Karmum said:
"Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
"Well, in my opinion.

Rodriguez > Tarantino

I beg to differ

All up for opinion, hint my first sentence. Besides, Rodriguez might be directing the Jetsons live action movie. >_>"
Well then your opinion is wrong... TIMES FOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUR!
Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Contra

Planet Terror. easily

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karmum
Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
"Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
"Well, in my opinion.

Rodriguez > Tarantino

I beg to differ

All up for opinion, hint my first sentence. Besides, Rodriguez might be directing the Jetsons live action movie. >_>"
Well then your opinion is wrong... TIMES FOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUR!"
No, it isn't. And I'm guessing you did not read that list, since Rodriguez has one film there: Sin City. I don't care if he co-directed it, and hopefully you did not add that to Tarantino's.
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Damonation
Karmum said:
"No, it isn't. And I'm guessing you did not read that list, since Rodriguez has one film there: Sin City. I don't care if he co-directed it, and hopefully you did not add that to Tarantino's."
I didn't add it. Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. Four films on that list. And you're right, I missed Sin CIty, but you shouldn't deny Frank Miller the credit he is due.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum

Well, I certainly think Frank Miller is pretty damn good, too.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ubergeist

Planet Terror is awesome.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Emilio

I think overall Planet Terror was better for me. Zombies, babes, guns, the all American way.
Death Proof is great, but Planet Terror is greaterer.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FengShuiGod

Anyone remember the commercial for Machete at the beginning  of Planet Terror? Rodriguez is making full length movie out of it. Can't wait!

Here's a trailer for those who haven't seen it. Watch out though, It's violent and there are some boobies in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

HouseOfWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HouseOfWolves

Death Proof

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Demyx

I didn't finish Death Proof.

and watched Planet Terror instead.

TenderTalons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TenderTalons
Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
"No, it isn't. And I'm guessing you did not read that list, since Rodriguez has one film there: Sin City. I don't care if he co-directed it, and hopefully you did not add that to Tarantino's."
I didn't add it. Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. Four films on that list. And you're right, I missed Sin CIty, but you shouldn't deny Frank Miller the credit he is due."
What about Desperado and Once Upon A Time In Mexico? Those are Rodriguez directed only. It should be at least 4-2, not 4-0.

More on topic, I'd say as far as stupid popcorn-munching fun goes, PT has the win here. However, for the intended throwback that Grindhouse was supposed to be, DP has the win. I think they work together best and are a bit weak once pulled apart.
Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Met2609

When I first saw Grindhouse in the theater, I liked Planet Terror better. Now that I've seen both films at least three times each, I think Death Proof. I think the payoff is much better.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
I didn't add it. Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. Four films on that list. And you're right, I missed Sin CIty, but you shouldn't deny Frank Miller the credit he is due."
Reservoir Dogs is the only good film that Tarantino has done. Pulp Fiction is boring but because it uses the mixed up narrative, it's 'unique' and both Kill Bill films are basically copy and paste from all the Wuxia classics. Granted, Reservoir Dogs is pretty much City on Fire but from a different perspective, it's stil very entertaining. At least when Robert Rodriguez references something, he does it well rather than porting it directly.

And yeah, Planet Terror was an amazing B-Movie parody while Death Proof was just inane talking and a good car chase.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By kush

I preferred Planet Terror way more. I enjoyed the final part of Death Proof and thought the car chase segment was fantastic, but the first part of that movie was dreadful to watch. Planet Terror was fun the entire time and I just enjoyed it a lot more.

NotaStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By NotaStalker

planet terror. no doubt. watching chicks talking in a car was less exiting

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By dethfish

They are both pretty awesome. Death Proof is really good if you skip the first 20 minutes and Planet Terror is a good zombie movie, not the best ever but still good.

PT wins though just because it doesn't take very long to get good, unlike DP.

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McDazzle
HandsomeDead said:
"Damonation said:
"Karmum said:
Reservoir Dogs is the only good film that Tarantino has done. Pulp Fiction is boring but because it uses the mixed up narrative, it's 'unique' and both Kill Bill films are basically copy and paste from all the Wuxia classics. Granted, Reservoir Dogs is pretty much City on Fire but from a different perspective, it's stil very entertaining. At least when Robert Rodriguez references something, he does it well rather than porting it directly.

And yeah, Planet Terror was an amazing B-Movie parody while Death Proof was just inane talking and a good car chase."
Pulp Fiction is boring?You sir need to listen to the dialogue more.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By AlexB

Death Proof for sure. I like Tarentino's stuff a lot more than Rodriguez

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
McDazzle said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Damonation said:
"Karmum said:

And yeah, Planet Terror was an amazing B-Movie parody while Death Proof was just inane talking and a good car chase."
Pulp Fiction is boring?You sir need to listen to the dialogue more."
That's exactly my point. The dialogue was meaningless. In Reservoir Dogs, the dialogue heavy scenes were very interesting as they let you in on their personalities. Mr. Pink said he didn't tip, which makes him out to be very tight with his money. This is later reflected when he just wants to get the diamonds and split without trying to save Orange. Meanwhile in Pulp Fiction, it was all burgers and Dead Nigger Storage and none of the plot points.
Zorn20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zorn20
Planet terror.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Planet Terror.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead
sidescroller said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"McDazzle said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Damonation said:
"Karmum said:

Pulp Fiction is boring?You sir need to listen to the dialogue more."
That's exactly my point. The dialogue was meaningless. In Reservoir Dogs, the dialogue heavy scenes were very interesting as they let you in on their personalities. Mr. Pink said he didn't tip, which makes him out to be very tight with his money. This is later reflected when he just wants to get the diamonds and split without trying to save Orange. Meanwhile in Pulp Fiction, it was all burgers and Dead Nigger Storage and none of the plot points."
Is it..... Is it human to not like Pulp Fiction?!"
I prefer the term 'artificial person' myself.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Planet Terror.  Death Proof did have great moments though, like the crash scene and some of the dialogue.  I made a car in Forza 2 for it.

Death Proof
Death Proof
front
front

Not the same car, but good enough.
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FengShuiGod

Nice! That's cool, but....is it death proof?

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Joker

I liked them both equally. Planet Terror + Death Proof = Grindhouse = Awesome movie.

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Steve_Ramirez
Met2609 said:
"When I first saw Grindhouse in the theater, I liked Planet Terror better. Now that I've seen both films at least three times each, I think Death Proof. I think the payoff is much better."
exactly
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ahriman22

Planet Terror, I mean, I like Death Proof but it was s    l    o    w in actually getting anywhere.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 49th

I liked Death Proof more, I thought Planet Terror was a little too silly and not as interesting.

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Terror all the way. The first part of Death Proof was amazing, but everything got destroyed in the second part. I don't care about the car chase, having to listen to obnoxious girl talk for probably 40 minutes drove me insane. Also, the fact that a badass villain was made into some scared whiny old guy didn't help.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

WHY WAS A 5 YEAR OLD THREAD BUMPED

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of a very shoddy and timely spambot. Should probably update it's movie database.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's two versions of Death Proof, one that's by itself and the other is with Planet Terror which is shorter. In which case I prefer the shorter one because it's less wordy and around the proper length the film needed to be.

Either way I prefer Planet Terror because I'm just into horror films but neither of the films I find amazing.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Terror is way more enjoyable.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By DarthOrange

Planet Terror. That said From Dusk Till Dawn was better than both. Tarantino and Rodriguez should do more stuff together.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Terror. I didnt care for any of the characters in Death Proof besides Kurt Russel, and when you combine Tarantino's obsession with talking shit with people who cant act it gets a bit tedious.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FilipHolm

Clearly the best option is watching the full Grindhouse experience.

I remember actually enjoying Death Proof more, as I always love Tarantino's writing.Both are great though, and by god don't forget all the trailers.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RonGalaxy

Planet Terror is funner/sillier, but Death Proof feels like a proper, well made low budget grindhouse movie. Planet Terror feels like it tries a bit too hard to get that b movie feel and it ends up feeling more like a scifi channel b movie than a Dawn of the Dead. Also, Tarantino dialogue is in full form in Death Proof.

Rodriguez is more into the hokeyness of B movies, where Tarantino feels that a lot of b movies have actually elevated the medium (and a lot have).

studioerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

In the theater I liked Planet Terror more, but at home I've watched Death Proof many more times. They're both fun, trashy movies but Death Proof is more in the spirit of what they were trying to do: make a grindhouse-style movie.

But consider this: Tarantino doesn't show up in Death Proof.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By wrecks

Love em both but both have problems. Planet Terror is great because it's Rodriguez channeling John Carpenter but is just a bit too goofy for repeat viewing pleasure. Death Proof if nearly perfect, except for the scene in the diner. That shit goes on waaaay too long.

Also, realizing it's a necrothread after posting = priceless.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Wow, I'm shocked at all of the Planet Terror love going on here. I thought the movie was way trying way too hard, and made me think that perhaps Robert Rodriguez would be a good candidate for directing Sharknado 2.

Death Proof is a movie straight from the 70's. The first half is PERFECT. Second half is a bit slow but the 30 minute car chase at the end makes up for it.