Do you generally replay your games? How many times?

• 57 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Do you generally replay your games? Many times? 

I see people replaying again Mass Effect 2 with different classes, but i cannot see myself doing it, as it will wear down on me quickly.   

When i do it, generally after a long pause before the last one, i try to feel the novelty of my loss of memory in effect. Still i don't generally replay games.  

What about you?

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CptChiken

if i like it i will replay... if i dont then no.

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By The_Philosopher

Unless it's really good I don't bother.  I beat Resident Evil 4 at least 7 times, and that's just the PS2 version. I beat Uncharted 2 like 4 times and I'm thinking about playing Batman again.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By guiseppe

Depends on the game. Some games I replay for achievements, and some games I replay because I like the game, and somes games I don't replay at all. I think I've played Resident Evil 4 well over 30 times at least, but that's the main exception. Generally, if I'm replaying a game it's only once or twice.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ArchScabby

I only play games 1-2 times usually.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spaceturtle

I've beat Metal Gear Solid about 20 times. I promise you, that is a fact! I bought it the same year it was released. I was pretty young back then. And it was the only game I had played which I really enjoyed. MGS and Crash Bandicoot of course...

Edit: Oh yes, I generally playthrough games a second time. This of course depends on the game and if I found it to be good or not. But I rarely pick up games I dont like. It happends sometimes, but not to often.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Depends.  Most of the time I beat the game and I'm done with it.  With some games, I like to go back and get everything like all the achievements in Bayonetta or all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

I usually start a second playthrough, but never end up finishing it.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Torrim

Generally?  Not really.  There's a few exceptions where I like a game well enough to immediately replay it a second time through.  Dead Space lets you carry over your weapons and keep upgrading them, and Gears of War 2 and FEAR 2 had hard modes that were worth replaying for.  I almost did this with Mass Efffect 2, but kind of want the story to sink in a little more and finish up more backlog before I hit it again.  I'm almost this close to pulling out Dead Space again...

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Usually once, except games like Dragon age where you can create and play a totally different character  

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

Morrowind.... Oblivion... KOTOR... Gears of War... Halo games... Crimson Skies.  Hm, more than I thought.  I usually don't replay games nowadays.  The gameplay has to be really good, or have some exploration.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By hatking

Very rarely even with RPG games where it'd be a totally different character.  I just can't do it.  I am trying with ME2 and have two new games I'm working on.  ME1 I know I played through twice really quickly and then a couple more times over the years.  Oblivion I played through twice I guess you could say... once was just to get through the story just so I didn't have to deal with gates all over the place.  The story in that game is actually quite short if you rush through it.  With shooters if they allow you to replay a level without going through the entire game usually I'll do that just for fun.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By rjayb89

If I can make the outcome and certain scenarios fold out differently, then sure.  Like in Chrono Trigger.  I didn't bring that cat to that little girl the first time.  What a dick.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

Only if somebody suggests it....HINT HINT.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MKHavoc

Very rarely.  It helps when my character and unlockables carry over to a second playthrough.  The last two games I played twice (MUA 2 and RE 5) let you do that and I'm considering playing through Borderlands again once I finish.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osaladin

I usually do, specially games with multiple endings. On just regular games, I'll probably replay it a while down the road, when I've forgotten things. For example, I replayed Shadow of the Colossus last year because the last time I played it was when it came out.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Bennyishere

If an achievement require it, then sure. I love achievements. Though, some games are just fun to play again, like Modern Warfare 2 or other easy to digest singleplayer games (Mass Effect 2 is too big, however I played the first one at least 5 times and the second one 2 times for achievements).

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ocarina of Time
Banjo Tooie
Fable

These days I don't play singleplayer too much. Sucked into online multiplayer.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Aetos

I do on occasion. Depends on the quality of the story and how much I enjoyed playing it.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By MikeydCT

I use to when I did have much to play and I didnt have gamefly. The only time I do now is if there is a achievement Im missing and need to replay.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bombs_Away

I generally play every game I have at least twice. Normally there's a few years between them though.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By beargirl1

sometimes, if I really like the game. I must of played through RE5 4-5 times. a fantastic game in my book. 

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Brunchies

I usually play games once unless I want to replay them again. 

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illmatic

Very rarely. Of course, replaying was more common  when I was a kid but nowadays me replaying a game is a very rare thing. Before Mass Effect 2, the last game I replayed for fun rather than achievements was the first Gears of War.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By immike

In the past I hardly ever did unless I ran out of games to play. Now, achievements and good games deserve multiple playthroughs. I played through Dragon Age about 4 times and Mass Effect 2 about 2 and a half times. I plan to replay the first Bioshock a couple more times as well as the second.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I'll do bits and pieces of a game like Oblivion again, if I want to do things a little differently. But usually it only happens when it's been a few years and I know I can enjoy it without getting bored. I think Mechwarrior 4 is the game I've replayed the most, now that I think about it . huh.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27  Edited By spiceninja

I generally do. Mainly for achievement reasons. But I will occasionally go back and play an older game just because I love it so much like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Half-Life 2, Knights of the Old Republic, ect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I usually start on a second playthrough and sometimes I finish it, sometimes I dont, but games that blow me away, I will replay 3-5 times. I played WET about 5 times and feel like playing through it again, I am on my second playthrough of Grand Theft Auto IV, Dante's Inferno, Prototype, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jadeskye

i usually replay my games many times. for example i played the original mass effect more then 12 times to completion.

Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Myrmidon

I replay good games. Not many of those recently though.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iam3green

no, not usually as i played it once and that is it. i think that games aren't as great as they use to be as i use to play a lot of games twice.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on my ps2, i've replayed ace combat 4: shattered skies more than 100 times already, on ace difficulty, using the weakest jets for some of the most awesome missions, and handling business like no other. i've been shot down a few times, though. it's damn difficult to keep on evading the quick air-to-air missiles with an f-15. on my laptop, i have replayed dragon age: origins several times now, and mass effect. i dunno how much longer i can keep going with mass effect 2. the scanning is downright annoying! also having to be online for the dlc is stupid, too. i don't always have the luxury of being able to connect to the internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.5x

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alphiehyr
@Jeust said:

" Do you generally replay your games? Many times?  I see people replaying again Mass Effect 2 with different classes, but i cannot see myself doing it, as it will wear down on me quickly.    When i do it, generally after a long pause before the last one, i try to feel the novelty of my loss of memory in effect. Still i don't generally replay games.   What about you? "

With the exception of MMORPGS, I don't play games again unless they have new content or something worth continuing. e.g., trophies.
Metamorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Metamorphic

Game that i currently remember replaying:

Zelda Ocarina of Time
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Super Mario games
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo: Combat Evolved  (with friends/brother)
Some Mega Man games
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Soiid 2

And some other games that i can't recall

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By RobotHamster

Usually I'll play a game once or twice and be done with it.  But if its a game I truly love or have an urge to play through another time then of course I'll play it again.  That's for the single player though, multiplayer is different, I'll play it until I don't feel the urge to go back.

ChloroformGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ChloroformGirl

I replay pokemon over and over until I  get a newer pokemon game :)
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By damnboyadvance

Depends on the game. If it sucks, I won't even finish it. If it has an amazing story, then sure. Especially if its a choice thing, where your decisions affect the story.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By Hamst3r

No. I usually only play games once.

Kedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kedi

I'm an achievement whore, so if there's an achievement that I think I'm capable of getting and wouldn't be ridiculously boring to get, I'll replay a game.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hot_Karl

I normally just play games once. Even games that I absolutely love and that I tell myself I should play again, like Resident Evil 4, I still just play only once.

The only game I've gone back and played repeatedly is Max Payne 2. It's only a couple of hours long, but the game is absolute bliss.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By trophyhunter

depends on the game I've beat dragon age 3 times and re5 6 times 
it all depends on if there are other endings(dragon age) or you keep getting new stuff (RE5)

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Semition

Generally no.

With the exception of Fallout 3, Oblivion and the recent Bioware games.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jadeskye
@ChloroformGirl said:
" I replay pokemon over and over until I  get a newer pokemon game :) "
funny you should say that. i've had a huge craving to play pokemon blue/red lately but i don't have a machine that will play them anymore...i hope they remake them in DS form.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#45  Edited By Atlas

Some games are perfectly fine playing through them once, others need multiple playthroughs in order to see or do everything, or to really feel satisfied by the product, or because it's so awesome. My favourite games to replay are ones such as Oblivion, Fable, Half-Life 2, Dragon Age and Majoras Mask. Most JRPGs I tend to only play once, even if I really enjoyed them. I loved Tales of Vesperia, but I don't think I ever want it to play through it again. I might play through Eternal Sonata again, but it's been two years since I beat that game and it's half the length of Tales.

General rule of thumb is if there are no hot new releases, replay good games rather than play old games.

ChloroformGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ChloroformGirl
@jadeskye said:
" @ChloroformGirl said:
funny you should say that. i've had a huge craving to play pokemon blue/red lately but i don't have a machine that will play them anymore...i hope they remake them in DS form. "

ya like re-make them just like they did for silver and gold, I have red and I could play it anytime I want cause I still have pretty old gameboys :)
too bad I don't feel like playing pokemon lately, if they ever make a new one with like brand new pokemon Im SO getting it
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hot_Karl
@jadeskye said:
" @ChloroformGirl said:
funny you should say that. i've had a huge craving to play pokemon blue/red lately but i don't have a machine that will play them anymore...i hope they remake them in DS form. "
Although it's not the same exact thing, they did have those Fire Red/Leaf Green GBA remakes of the original Red & Blue games. If you have a DS or DS Lite that can play GBA games, you could at least look into that.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By Atlas
@jadeskye: Dude, they're remaking Gold/Silver for the DS. Why would you ever need Red/Blue after Gold/Silver? It was the perfect sequel that did everything right.
soundandcolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By soundandcolour

i buy a game like 
"ZOMFGZZZZ!!! i could replay this loads, it sounds awesome"

but i dont.... ever !

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jadeskye
@Atlas said:
" @jadeskye: Dude, they're remaking Gold/Silver for the DS. Why would you ever need Red/Blue after Gold/Silver? It was the perfect sequel that did everything right. "
i totally agree. but just because halo 3 was better then halo doesn't mean i don't dig it out of my dusty old games once in a while and fire it up ^^ 

something thats lost on the younger players these days, nostalgia. i fired up my Snes a couple days ago. Still works, how crazy is that? ^_^