Do you like canned pasta? (spaghettios, Chef Boyardee)

• 69 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like canned pasta? (spaghettios, Chef Boyardee) (268 votes)

I like Spaghettios 7%
I like Chef Boyardee 13%
I like both 19%
That's disgusting. This thread is disgusting. Show me the results though. 60%

Hey guys, for some reason I quite like Chef Boyardee. I'm 24. It's obviously canned garbage kinda geared towards kids but I like it. The beef is mush and the sauce doesn't taste that great. I like it though. Am I a complete fucking idiot?

Spaghettios I hate though...I don't know why. I see the can and think "that looks ok" but then I eat it and want to vomit. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with me though, I know Chef Boyardee is just a bunch of shit but I eat it and I like it.....am I crazy? Am I alone?

• 
matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51  Edited By matatat

Chef Boyardee is alright for being a can of microwavable pasta. I haven't had Spaghettios in a while but seeing this thread makes me want some. I used to buy canned spaghetti and put it on some bread to make a sandwich. Thinking about it it sounds gross, but I think it's pretty good actually. Send it to @danryckert and see if it passes the test.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre said:

Spaghetti-O's are ok once you season it. Dice up some garlic and cut up a bit of onion and a green pepper, heat up some olive oil, toast the garlic, onion, pepper and crushed red pepper in there. Add in spaghetti-O's and then some fresh basil and oregano, season with a bit of salt and pepper and BAM!

I wonder what Gordon Ramsay would say about this

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Spaghetti-o's were Chef Boyardee. I learned something new today.

#tinyhotdogpieces4lyfe.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Even as a kid I hated this trash. Fuck that shit

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the UK Heinz equivalents like spaghetti and sausages. It's wierdly formed meat and not nutritious at all, but when I have a cold something about it makes me feel better.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe I am a broken human, but I have dined at some of the best Italian restaurants in Vancouver and I still prefer Chef Boyardee. I swear additives like MSG just make food better.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#57  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I don't think I've had Spaghetti-O's or Chef Boyardee in at least, if not more than, a decade. So I can't really get all hoity-toity elitist man on the rest of you... but also I think I'm alright never having either of those again. If I want to eat garbage food, there are plenty of other avenues.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was one of those things where I had an epiphany that they have no redeemable quality and haven't had it in ten years or so. I couldn't even bring myself to eat them as a joke or when pigging out and I would probably eat some spam tomorrow if someone gave it to me.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By n00bs7ay3r

I have not eaten either since I was a kid. I liked them back then but I have a feeling I would not like them all that much now.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@monetarydread: Dude, a lot of really nice restaurants use MSG.

I haven't had Chef Boyardee in a long time, but every few years I buy myself a can of spaghettios, and every time it doesn't taste as good as I remember. I think it's probably about time. As for people getting snobby about this and conflating trash canned pasta with the real thing, I say get over yourself. They aren't the same thing and they aren't trying to be. It's like saying, "Oh I do t touch Taco Bell! I only go to real Mexican places." They're just totally different things.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

nope i prefer making my own pasta dishes.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Shindig

I tend to make my own (I mean, it's 10 minutes and I live a microwave free life. Not a statement, I just can't be arsed to buy one) or stick some Tesco crap in the oven. I'm wasting so much time doing the latter but I ... really like their Mac and Cheese.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By shiftygism

Not really a fan of canned pasta outside of Chef Boyardee's Chicken Alfredo cold and straight from the can.

I'm more of a Phillips' Beans and Franks man.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

As someone who hates cooking, this Boyardee's alright except for the fact you have to open a can to get at it

Never had spaghetti-os

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ripelivejam

fookin prudes!

seriously, just open the can and raw dog that shit in your mouth. you haven't LIVED (you will probably also die soon after)

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By an_ancient

I've never tried either. I also just feel like it's more expensive than making it yourself. Not saying I make fantastic pasta, but I don't like paying for mostly water and pasta. Not to mention recycling all that metal is annoying af. I could imagine stocking some of this stuff in case of natural or manmade disaster until relief arrives.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To be honest I think canned food is kinda disgusting. Though I sometimes used to use canned tomatoes when making tomato-sauce or bolognese, and I still use concentrated tomatopaste.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Any type of canned or precooked pasta is gross. I was never a a fussy eater as a kid, but I insisted on real food even at my friends house. Once you get a taste for real food it hard to go back.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: If you demand "real food" and have since you were a kid, then you are a fussy eater and you have been since you were a kid.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969: If you demand "real food" and have since you were a kid, then you are a fussy eater and you have been since you were a kid.

That's not fussy, that is just knowing the difference between good for and very bad food. And as far as insist in real food at a friends house that often just means EATING what their parents were eating and not what my friends 'insisted' on eating. If anything I was a good influence on my friends because I was displaying an openness to eat more widely and try new things. I was never rude, and I never made anyone make something special for me.