• 103 results
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Milkman

If by regularly you mean never, then yes.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By jasta

I train 4 nights a week as it is but starting at the gym would help it alot in the long run.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By foggel

Yeah, me and a friend go twice a week, and push weights. I write in a log, and plan every work out. Have had good progression over the past couple of months.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Devil240Z

I find working out to be incredibly dull. I just cant enjoy it at all.  
I am worried about my steady decline into out of shapeness. I have been trying to find some form of exercise that I can enjoy but have yet to land on anything I like. I do like a treadmill from time to time but I dont have access to one. Would go to a gym but they cost too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

No I don't go the gym. Working out really-really hurts. More than dropping a rock on my toe (I have done it by accident more than once..).
 I love running but  I don't want to run along the road and have motorists stare at me. So once a week I go for a super long walk.

I'm extremely thin and actually quite strong (people don't even know how strong I am), but I don't really have any muscle due to not working out and muscle makes you look good. 

I actually enjoy weights and chin-ups, I hate swimming (for exercise) because my goggles let water in and I can't breath through all the phlegm forcing its way out my lungs and out my mouth (and no I'm not swallowing the water, and yes I have an allergy problem due to dust which I will soon be immunized for). I also enjoy boxing the boxing bag but the gloves + handwraps are still not enough to stop my knuckles from losing all skin in half-an-hour, which means I have to wait another three weeks before the skin is perfect to let them last another half-hour. My bike tyres are fucked, and I don't mind riding my bike though I don't particularly enjoy it. 

These excuses are legit. I guess push-ups and long walks will suffice, with the occasional boxing-bag-beating.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jasta
@Devil240Z said:
" I find working out to be incredibly dull. I just cant enjoy it at all.  I am worried about my steady decline into out of shapeness. I have been trying to find some form of exercise that I can enjoy but have yet to land on anything I like. I do like a treadmill from time to time but I dont have access to one. Would go to a gym but they cost too much. "

Sports or Martial Arts? The Gym is effective if you work hard but it is pretty boring.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By swamplord666
@one_2nd said:
" no. why do i feel like I'm the only person saying no? I thought I'd be in the majority..guess not "
most people who don't don't comment
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By one_2nd
@swamplord666: Yeah, good point. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hell no 

fat and out of shape FTW

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lawrens

Nope. I usually just go jogging or running alone, or lifting weights alone at home, that's it.

nickhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By nickhimself
@iam3green:  Lol, what? It's too hot to work out? 

Oh man. 

If someone doesn't find working out to be fun, then whatever you're doing isn't right for you. Find another way to approach physical fitness. Run outside while listening to an mp3 player, play a sport, try something competitive, don't do P90X.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#62  Edited By citizenkane

No.  I have some weights at home, so I use those.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iam3green
@nickhimself said:
" @iam3green:  Lol, what? It's too hot to work out?  Oh man.    If someone doesn't find working out to be fun, then whatever you're doing isn't right for you. Find another way to approach physical fitness. Run outside while listening to an mp3 player, play a sport, try something competitive, don't do P90X. "
i don't have air condition i lift weights in my house. it gets hot so i don't feel like getting sweaty.
wavegoodbye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By wavegoodbye
@xpxTomxqx:  Hans and Frans will PUMP YOU UP! Having a job and going to gym can sometimes conflict. When I do make it to the gym I feel lik e a hero afterwards though.
nickhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By nickhimself
@iam3green: You could always work out earlier in the morning or later at night to avoid some of that. Alternatively, you could work out before you take a shower.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By gingertastic_10

If by gym you mean my computer chair, then yes.

x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By x_XJules

Gyms are for people with money. I live in the city so I usually walk places anyway. 

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By VisariLoyalist

of course not, didn't you here we all have the lungs of 60 year old smokers

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By DanielJW

God no. I sort of wish I had the drive to do something like that, but for now I'm happy with my physical condition. 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ninjakiller

No.  I have a Bowflex and elliptical in the basement.  Ergo I need not visit the gym.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

You know how often I go to the gym?

NEVER

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By myke_tuna

I hit the gym 3 times a week to get on the stationary bicycle machine thing. I wanted to use a real bike, but I gotta worry about traffic and whatnot. There's no trails around here, so hitting up the gym and going for an hour and half (uninterrupted) is the next best thing. On the 2 off weekdays, I do some weight stuff in my garage.

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ashby

Naw, the only gym I set foot in was one that I worked at selling smoothies a few years ago. But I push patients around in a hospital, meaning I walk 10-15 miles a shift while pushing heavy wheelchairs/beds/gurneys, often with one hand as I need to push IV poles and such as well, so yeah. It's a workout all in itself just to go to my job.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I went pretty regularly last summer before starting my degree. I was suprised how well it worked and also bitterly disappointed about how hard it is to go back :P

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By blazerx9x

I have physical education at school, so I don`t need to the gym

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By c1337us

I have never been to one. I do all my exercising from home. But a new gym opened up near my house and I was thinking about joining it because I need to get a little more "professional" in my approach.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#77  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yes, mainly because I'm too lazy to take the local schoolchildren to the zoo, and fuck it, this is close enough.

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Vlaphor

No, but I have a weight bench and a thick mat to do sit-ups on.  Also, I try to bike ride 18 miles a day.  Had a gym membership for a little while, but just couldn't think of a reason to keep it.

JonGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By JonGamer

No, I need to start going though.

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By infamous021
@nickhimself:  P90x is helluva fun. Lots of variety in the workouts is what makes it great. And ofcourse you can still listen to music while watching it, I've done it a few times,
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82  Edited By crusader8463

If by gym you mean the kitchen then yes, I do.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By Tordah

I try to go at least 3 or 4 times per week. Weightlifting mostly, but also cardio stuff.

Though this summer heat is taking away all my energy to do anything so I haven't been as active lately as I would want to be.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84  Edited By Hamst3r
@crusader8463 said:

" If by gym you mean the kitchen then yes, I do. "

I'm about to visit the gym right now and lift some Frosted Flakes.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85  Edited By crusader8463
@Hamst3r said:
" @crusader8463 said:

" If by gym you mean the kitchen then yes, I do. "

I'm about to visit the gym right now and lift some Frosted Flakes. "
Awesome! I just got back myself after crunching some egg salad sandwiches!
j1m3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By j1m3n7

3 days a week, then play 5 a side football on Sundays.

PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87  Edited By PATERSON

Used to go 5 days a week... but only because my uncle owns it lol but now I just cycle alot :)

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Illmatic

Been going at least every other day for almost 3 years now. At first I did it just to lose weight, but now that I only have 10 or so pounds to lose, I'm focusing more on weight training to keep my size in muscle rather than fat. After 3 years, I still don't really enjoy going but do enjoy seeing the results.

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

What's a "gym"?

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Moth_Pope

I don't go to a gym, but do exercise. I walk 4 miles home from work each day, followed by sit ups and a 10 minute run in the evening. At first I just walked because I literally had no other way of getting home, but I did start to feel a difference and enjoy it now so I've kept it up. Takes about an hour or so but with my mp3 player it seems like no time at all. That routine did me good for a long time; combined with going out of my way to eat healthily I lost a lot of weight. Over the last year though I've gotten pretty lazy with it so I'm working on losing that bit of weight I regained.

I don't do weights or anything because I'm not looking to gain... though I could do with building up some muscle. I don't want to go over the top though, and I'd want to do it properly so I'd need to plan what to do.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Three days a week...sometimes four if I don't have any overtime lol

I know a couple of British Ultimate Fighters who go to mine - they started talking to me one day when they seen me lasting 45 minutes on the rowing machine. I was watching TV at the same time and didn't realise I had been rowing for that long....I was quite sore afterwards lol They basically started asking me if I was a genuine rower and then the jokes came flooding in........people can easily amuse themselves when they're bored lol

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92  Edited By damnboyadvance

Usually, I go at least once a week. I've been on a break for about a month though, due to injuries.

Drakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Drakhir

I don't go to the gym. However, I do workout frequently and I practice Karate. Add some biking to that and that's basically it.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Shadow

I do now, ever since I graduated college, I've gone at least twice a week for an hour at a time.  I've lost about 30 pounds in the past 2 months.

wavegoodbye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By wavegoodbye

I use this gym called the Earth.  I try to eat healthy, drink lots of water and walk everyday and it's been good enough for me.

nickhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By nickhimself
@Moth_Pope:  You should know that for about every pound of muscle gained (actual muscle, not seeing 1lb+ on the scale and thinking "Ooooh, muscle!") your body burns about 50 additional calories per day.

Might not sound like a lot, but when you put on about 10 pounds of solid muscle and you're burning an extra 500 calories each day it's pretty easy to say "Man, this was a really good idea."

You really need to tailor your diet to gaining muscle and getting bigger. If you're eating the same and just lifting weights for better health, you won't get huge. Don't worry about that.

This goes for girls as well. Girls can lift heavy and still looks feminine. The girls that end up looking manly have taken testosterone and any number of other anabolic steroids. That doesn't happen on accident.
dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dunderri

Not as of right now, but once college starts, I will be using one of their facilities. It has a couple pools, an Olympic sized lap pool, a couple basketball courts, tennis courts, handball, and a huge weight room. I will be pretty occupied... lol.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fbomb

Stay healthy, work off stress, feel more energetic.
Side benefits: it's a more attractive look, makes you more likely to be promoted or get a raise than overweight people, and much more likely to meet new people.

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DrGanon

De gymnastiek is voor mensen die don' t weet het hoe te met een poema te worstelen.

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By dutch42

I work out at home. I went to a gym for a little while but figured out that paying 30 quid a month to not be bothered to go there was a little wasteful.