Excited for Season 6 of Dexter? Here's the Brand New Trailer

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Looks like their are some new players this season.    

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IBurningStar

Certainly looks better than season five.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VierasTalo

Ahh, Adama.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Damn, now i want to go and play San Andreas.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laserbolts

God can't wait for this. Luckily I just bought the third season of breaking bad to keep me busy. Last season was the weakest so far imo but this looks awesome.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

I think it's about time Deb found out.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaggE

Oh man, I still need to finish season 5. They kept dragging out that damn Lumen storyline and I put off watching any more of it out of frustration. But, damn my completionism, I can't start 6 until then. 

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By m0rdr3d

From what I hear, season 6 is supposed to have an arc about his inner dealings with religion.  Part of me just thinks this guy is 35-40, his dad already tried to instill in him a code of morals...wouldn't he have dealt with this issue by now?  Just looks a little too focused on the religious stuff for the sake of being edgy which could wind up being really lame. 

EDIT:  Also, they should've used the Depeche Mode version of the song.  Manson's sucks.
Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0rdr3d said:
 From what I hear, season 6 is supposed to have an arc about his inner dealings with religion.  Part of me just thinks this guy is 35-40, his dad already tried to instill in him a code of morals...wouldn't he have dealt with this issue by now?  Just looks a little too focused on the religious stuff for the sake of being edgy which could wind up being really lame.  EDIT:  Also, they should've used the Depeche Mode version of the song.  Manson's sucks.
That's one thing I'm sick and tired of. Otherwise I'm a huge fan of Dexter. Nearly every season so far has had some twist on "Dexter is having an inner moral code conflict!" And you're totally right either way; he's practically middle aged or nearing on it, he's been killing since he was a teenager, and he's having these nearly constant moral conflicts now? Over and over again? I love Dexter to death but the series needs to shake itself up.
LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By LibraryDues

This series really ran out of ideas after the second season. The central problem is that the writers need for Dexter to develop as a character, but the nature of the show means he cannot develop toomuch. He can never stop being a serial killer, and he can never go to so dark a place that the audience stops rooting for him.

So the series is left spinning its wheels until the producers decide to finally make a final season where Dexter is killed off and/or caught, and we get a series of storylines where Dexter encounters another killer, learns the same lesson year after year from that killer (that he is not so cut off from humanity as he thought, and could have actual loving relationships) while the show's rather bad supporting cast gets a series of uninteresting and ultimately pointless sideplots. You guys all are deeply interested in the Angel/La Guerta relationship, right? What, you aren't? Too bad.

While most fans admit that seasons 3 and 5 were weak, the fourth suffered from the same repetitive story problems, but was saved by a shockingly good performance by John Lithgow. And Hall remains great in the role, doing more with less than probably any other lead actor in premium cable TV.

The flaws in "Dexter" really become glaring when compared to "Breaking Bad," which really is willing to develop its antihero and move him in interesting and unconventional directions, and is backed up by a fantastic supporting cast.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

While I admit season 5 wasn't the greatest and probably wasn't my favorite, i certainly did enjoy it. This at least looks a lot better, but we shall see. In any case, I am super excited except for the whole waiting part...

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LUMIN4RY

I enjoyed season 5 but it wasn't the best season IMO. Can't wait for this new season.

benson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By benson

@LibraryDues said:

Stuff

I basically agree with everything you said. They need to shake things up badly and stop focusing on the secondary characters (except maybe some Mazuka for when they need comic relief). I seriously wonder if anyone care about the outcome of stuff like "will the baby be a psycho?" or "will Debra finally find true love?". The best thing they could do would be to make Dexter start a new life somewhere else, or maybe having him on the run; anything to get him out of this boring environment.

I don't think I'll follow this new season very closely. I still like Dexter as a character but they've been playing it so safe for so long that I don't feel really involved in the series anymore.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lobster_Ear

Ugh, that guy at the beginning is a horrible actor. I guess I've been spoiled by Breaking Bad.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Choffy

When Dexter is on:

1. Dexter
  2. Breaking Bad

When Breaking Bad is on:

1. Breaking Bad
  2. Dexter
Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Well I'm excited.

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fudge91

I dont know, season 5 was so dumb. And basically put us precisely back to the end of season 4, it really didnt have any reason for exsisting. I really hope they start wrapping it up, or bring a major plot twist with season 6.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Pibo47

i still havent watched season 5...but since it is coming to netflix on the 16th of august i can rectify that little problem. And HELL YEAH i am pumped for dexter.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hbkdx12

The show is starting to get too formulaic, as someone else touched upon.

I like Dexter but the bottom line is that Deb or some other major supporting character (but preferably Deb) needs to find out about Dexter

It seems as if thats the only way the series can continue to be interesting and advance the character development of dexter

The whole moral code and dichotomy of him being a "monster" as well as a loving person is way too stale.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Juicebox

I stoped watching that show the moment , they removed dee dee his lab and  made it live-action instead of animated.