captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By captain_clayman
@Ryax said:
" not gonna lie. black dahlia murder isnt metal core. they are melodic death metal. "
lmao

there's always one of those people.  just has to correct someone "well technically that's not blah blah blah"
the problem with metal these days is that there's too many subgenres.

it should just be "metal" or "gay"
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Ryax
@captain_clayman said:
" @Ryax said:
" not gonna lie. black dahlia murder isnt metal core. they are melodic death metal. "
lmao  there's always one of those people.  just has to correct someone "well technically that's not blah blah blah" the problem with metal these days is that there's too many subgenres.  it should just be "metal" or "gay" "
i wasnt the first to point that out
George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By George_Hukas
@ChasingTheSun said:
" Oh lord, I don't get why people feel the need to argue over genres, it's just way too fucking stupid.   Enjoy your music as it is, don't shove it in someone else's face please. "
I was just about to say the same thing. I was just in a hip hop thread and the same thing was happening..  It was about mainstream vs underground and its full of "fuck rap" comments and gets annoying. 
Look through this thread and count the trolls calling metalcore "emo". 

Can't imagine what would happen in a country thread. I know we like arguing about games but just let dudes have conversions.. or go to Anime Vice and tell them all anime blows.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By MrKlorox

God I hate that false genre title.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Ben_H
@AltonBrown said:

"  

Metal. "
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! 

I have every Non-Ripper era Priest album. Easily one of my favourite bands.

One of my personal favourites:

@captain_clayman said:  
  "  @Ryax said: 

lmao  there's always one of those people.  just has to correct someone "well technically that's not blah blah blah" the problem with metal these days is that there's too many subgenres.  it should just be "metal" or "gay" " 
Good point.  Not to mention genre confusion.  Like in North America, Ensiferum is referred to as Viking Metal but in Europe they're called Pagan Metal.  I just think of them as awesome.  
It used to just be NWOBHM, Thrash, Black, Power and Death metal.  Now there's all these stupid cores.  There's too many of them.  Here's some of the ones I've heard mentioned: Deathcore, metalcore, crabcore (that stuff makes me want to punch a puppy, and I adore dogs.   Though the cheesy techno sounding part at the end of that cracks me up), mathcore, thrashcore, Core 2 Duo, speedcore (What?), grindcore (Not actually related to crappy hardcore music, can actually be quite funny),

Why can't they just me one genre (Except grindcore)?