• 136 results
BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By BrockSampson

I have been slowly moving over more and more to Chrome. I just like its minimalist interface. So clean and sexy.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By PowerSerj

Firefox, because I don't give a shit about minimalistic design in web browsers since most websites are visual clusterfucks anyways.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By gearhead

I used to use Firefox but I got really annoyed at the constant updates that would just break and slow down the browser. 
I'm using Safari now. 

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Meltac

Firefox, and I don't plan on changing :P

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mshaw006

Safari.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Cazamalos

chrome have a better style and it's faster, but sorry i go with the stable old fashioned firefox :)

Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Sinatra

For ever since I can remember I have used Firefox until I gave Google Chrome a chance. Now my default browser is Chrome and I find that it runs way smoother than Firefox.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Qorious

As of right now, Google Chrome. It's just so fast! Firefox 3.6 is good, but it's not as fast and the browser is a lot more laggy on the first startup than Chrome is. Maybe all that will change when 3.7 comes out. 

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RetroIce4

Firefox.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rebirth1337

Firefox.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By crusader8463

ff. I want a new browser, but i cant live without my "Auto Fill Forums", "Adblock Plus", and "Save File to" add-on s. But i hate how much of a memory whore FF is.

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DJL

Chrome for me. 

In my experience it was faster than FF, I like how it shows you the 8 sites you most frequently visit, and I have no need for add-ons.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I use Firefox. Chrome may be a little faster, but Firefox is fast in its own right, and I like the features and the add ons. I don't mind it taking up space, because I like having room for personas. :)

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I recently started using Chrome. I love it and am not going back!

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By ManlyBeast

Firefox

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By Tireyo

Mozilla Firefox for me. It's a lot faster than Chrome on my computer, and I like the add-ons. I even personalized the look of my browser.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jNerd

I'm falling in love with Chrome <3

Madyew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By Madyew

I used Firefox for awhile, but recently switched to Chrome. I won't be switching back.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jNerd
@Madyew said:

" I used Firefox for awhile, but recently switched to Chrome. I won't be switching back. "

Chrome is just so fast & intuitive. I love the interface.    
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By Evilsbane

Chrome is super weird with flash based stuff, and it just doesn't have the array of features, I mean I have never had a problem with Mozilla being slow (The old versions were but I am talking like v1.5 and shit) so chrome holds no magic for me.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jNerd
@Evilsbane said:

" Chrome is super weird with flash based stuff, and it just doesn't have the array of features, I mean I have never had a problem with Mozilla being slow (The old versions were but I am talking like v1.5 and shit) so chrome holds no magic for me. "

I can open Chrome & download the Bombcast in the time it takes Firefox to open. (mild exaggeration)
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#72  Edited By Geno

Chrome is over two times faster than Firefox, and has most of the useful extensions as well as a few great exclusive ones of its own. It's to Firefox what Firefox is to IE. 

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Binman88

Firefox. I have no reason to change.

Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Diagnostic
@Geno said:
" Chrome is over two times faster than Firefox, and has most of the useful extensions as well as a few exclusive ones of its own. It's to Firefox what Firefox is to IE.  "
Chrome isn't two times faster than firefox.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jNerd
@Diagnostic said:

" @Geno said:

" Chrome is over two times faster than Firefox, and has most of the useful extensions as well as a few exclusive ones of its own. It's to Firefox what Firefox is to IE.  "

Chrome isn't two times faster than firefox. "    
 No, but damn close to 150% faster.    
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I use Chrome for networking and firefox for everything else...

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By Whisperkill

I've been using FF recently and it runs like a fucking tank. It chugs almost every time I want to scroll with my mouse. I swear to God I thought it was my computer until I read all these posts. I'm switching back.

nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By nikral

Maybe when Chrome gets Adblock Plus, then I will switch but until then...FF all the way

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Geno
Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Diagnostic
@jNerd said:
" @Diagnostic said:

" @Geno said:

No, but damn close to 150% faster.     "
Not even that.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jNerd
@Diagnostic said:

" @jNerd said:

" @Diagnostic said:

" @Geno said:

No, but damn close to 150% faster.     "
Not even that. "
Denial is the first step........   ;D
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Evilsbane
@jNerd said:
" @Evilsbane said:

" Chrome is super weird with flash based stuff, and it just doesn't have the array of features, I mean I have never had a problem with Mozilla being slow (The old versions were but I am talking like v1.5 and shit) so chrome holds no magic for me. "

I can open Chrome & download the Bombcast in the time it takes Firefox to open. (mild exaggeration) "
@Geno said:
Both of you are full of it, I can understand you liking one over the other, but the blatant hyperbole is just sad.
Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Diagnostic
@jNerd: I've used Chrome and it's not that much faster, it's too minimal for me and I like the customization of firefox.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Geno
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Evilsbane
@Geno said:
" @Evilsbane: Mine isn't really hyperbole:  http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/browserStatistics.action. I used Firefox for 3 years, didn't like Chrome when it first came out. Now that it's fully featured and significantly faster, it makes FF look like a snail.  "
You can throw benchmarks around all day, but in a real world situation with the kind of computers most any techie would have, it just doesn't work that way.
EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By EvolutionX0

chrome, it goes fast for me and that's all i really need.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thebeast
@Evilsbane: You might be surprised when it comes to JS engines - Google's V8 does frequently come out 2 to 3 times faster than Mozilla's SunSpider in some environments, although the latter is improving by the day. Same thing from my own testing/usage, a lot of JS animation and heavy web-apps tends to be significantly smoother in V8.

I'm on OSX and primarily use Chrome myself - find it significantly faster for everyday use (I use a lot of JS heavy apps) and I really like the multi-process/sandbox model - saved me a lot of frustration. Extension architecture is really simple and well designed - they do everything I need without heavily affecting the performance of the browser as is often the case with a badly  written Firefox extension. 

Saying that, for web development I always have Firefox open, purely for a few extensions like Firebug and Web Developers Toolbar
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Daryl

I don't need a ton of shit on my browser.

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Arjuna

Chrome: 

Don't know what apps it is that I'm missing out on that these other guys are talking about, since I've only briefly used FF on other people's computers.  Chrome has an excellent ad block feature, and, besides functionality, that's all I'm looking for.  FF looks crowded and complicated.  Isn't FF designed my a motley crew of designers?  Whoever wants to change it up, can.  Something like that?  It shows.  If that's your sort of thing, all the best to ya.

Chrome advertised itself as having a minimalist  and streamlined design/interface; and it does.

@jNerd

said:

" @FirePrince said:

" Internet Explorer. "

lulz

"
I used to use Internet Explorer in the early days of Giantbomb.com.  I switched to Chrome because Giantbomb wasn't displaying properly.
WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WizardShazam

Since I only use the most basic add-ons, once Chrome started supporting extensions, I switched immediately.  So much faster and more stable.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By zeforgotten

Chrome, with all the add-ons I need in my browser (which is a few really) 
Slick, minimalistic, stability and the speed of the Chrome browser is just great.

Basically I just like it more because it's not cluttered with tons of shit.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Evilsbane
@TheBeast said:
" @Evilsbane: You might be surprised when it comes to JS engines - Google's V8 does frequently come out 2 to 3 times faster than Mozilla's SunSpider in some environments, although the latter is improving by the day. Same thing from my own testing/usage, a lot of JS animation and heavy web-apps tends to be significantly smoother in V8. I'm on OSX and primarily use Chrome myself - find it significantly faster for everyday use (I use a lot of JS heavy apps) and I really like the multi-process/sandbox model - saved me a lot of frustration. Extension architecture is really simple and well designed - they do everything I need without heavily affecting the performance of the browser as is often the case with a badly  written Firefox extension.  Saying that, for web development I always have Firefox open, purely for a few extensions like Firebug and Web Developers Toolbar "
I work it web development as well, no where near as in depth as the stuff you do with the site, but I figure you would have a much better idea than most, I can't really speak for the performance under OSX conditions (I can't imagine them being to different) as I use Windows at all times. But yea when it comes down to it I just like how Firefox feels.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By thebeast
@Evilsbane: That's fair enough - that's the benefit of choice - you use what feels best to you. Used to use both on Windows, would say the perform comparably on OSX.
MrQuizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MrQuizmo

I use Chrome, and it came down to one thing: 

Chrome gave me more browser window. That's really it, I just want the most minimal browser, and that's Chrome for me. Being said, I like Firefox and use it on the rare occasion that Chrome isn't doing something right.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Geno
@Evilsbane said:
" @Geno said:
" @Evilsbane: Mine isn't really hyperbole:  http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/browserStatistics.action. I used Firefox for 3 years, didn't like Chrome when it first came out. Now that it's fully featured and significantly faster, it makes FF look like a snail.  "
You can throw benchmarks around all day, but in a real world situation with the kind of computers most any techie would have, it just doesn't work that way. "
What are you talking about? That benchmark was made by the people who created 3Dmark and PCmark, industry standards in measuring performance. If those don't mean anything to you then you're irrational. Plus, the numbers are from i7's, not techie enough for you? 
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Evilsbane
@Geno said:
" @Evilsbane said:
" @Geno said:
You can throw benchmarks around all day, but in a real world situation with the kind of computers most any techie would have, it just doesn't work that way. "
What are you talking about? That benchmark was made by the people who created 3Dmark and PCmark, industry standards in measuring performance. If those don't mean anything to you then you're irrational. Plus, the numbers are from i7's, not techie enough for you?  "
Thank you I don't need a lecture on who does the benchmarks. But in normal everyday situations those numbers mean squat, me loading Giantbomb on FF or Chrome on a good computer (I.e one that isn't 100 years old and is taken care of) is going to be virtually Identical.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Geno
@Evilsbane said:

" @Geno said:

" @Evilsbane said:

" @Geno said:
What are you talking about? That benchmark was made by the people who created 3Dmark and PCmark, industry standards in measuring performance. If those don't mean anything to you then you're irrational. Plus, the numbers are from i7's, not techie enough for you?  "
Thank you I don't need a lecture on who does the benchmarks. But in normal everyday situations those numbers mean squat, me loading Giantbomb on FF or Chrome on a good computer (I.e one that isn't 100 years old and is taken care of) is going to be virtually Identical. "
Those benchmarks measure the performance on normal everyday situations >.> . As a previous user of FF I can also personally testify that it feels faster. You can still like FF for the add-ons or whatever but to say their speed is the same is ludicrous. Speed differences are also more substantial in faster computers, not slower.
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#98  Edited By meptron

Netscape ftw

Guexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Guexx

firefox for sure

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By Nev

I've been using Firefox for several years, so my vote certainly goes to it. However, I gave Chrome a try recently and it's not bad at all, either. But eh, I prefer to go with what I'm used to, I suppose.