For those watching X-Men 97...Do you think this is a great comeback for the Francise under Disney?

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's been talk of fatigue from properties. People not watching movies as much and so on. X-Men somehow united those who hate Marvel Disney with those who still enjoy it. With the Wolverine game in the pipeline, it seems like everything's firing on all cylinders. Is this the actual consensus, or am I missing parts of the story? Is Marvel on the upslope with such properties? Do you think the game will benefit from this all?

TLDR: Is Marvel Disney fixing the "fatigue" claims and pushing quality series that will snowball into likely success for their upcoming games or does it not matter?

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I think X-Men 97 is very enjoyable, but that doesn't necessarily have an impact on anything wider. Not only is this directly tied to an older, nostalgic show, but it's clear they took their time and really thought through the structure - which, uh, isn't always the case. I think the gaming division is even more separate from whatever is going on in film. Wolverine is always going to be a popular character, and Insomniac has a great reputation, so that game will sell regardless of how that Deadpool movie does or whatever.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the show a lot. Probably not a wider sign of things to come though. More like, some folks really wanted to bring back the show they grew up with, and the bigwigs saw it as Disney Plus filler that could be done reasonably cheap, so they didn't have any strict set of parameters about what the show needed to have or do.

I wish more things were handled like this.

lailajoby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been talk of fatigue from properties. People not watching movies as much and so on. X-Men somehow united those who hate Marvel Disney with those who still enjoy it. With the Wolverine game in the pipeline, it seems like everything's firing on all cylinders. Is this the actual consensus, or am I missing parts of the story? Is Marvel on the upslope with such properties? Do you think the game will benefit from this all?

TLDR: Is Marvel Disney fixing the "fatigue" claims and pushing quality series that will snowball into likely success for their upcoming games or does it not matter?

You aren't missing anything. cool. Yes it is so still now in these days. Yes I'm pretty sure the game will upslope.