Four sacks aren't babies. Don't try to fool me.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By fripplebubby

Hey all, I've got some (somewhat) crazy stuff going on at school. I needed to write it down, and have someone to feel my pain. 

So last week, we had the annual "floursac" project at my school. It's basically where you carry around a 10 lb flour sack for a week to teach why sex is bad. And yeah, it's about as effective as it sounds. So anyway, we were given the choice between carry this sack of crap around all week, or writing a 20 page essay about why babies are bad, sex is bad, and how public schools have no right to inflict their views on me if I don't agree with them  (I guess that wasn't actually part of it, but it makes up a good part of mine). In any case, I was going to do the flour sack bit because I figured it wouldn't be SO bad, so I brought in my sack and a basket to carry it around in. Well, my teacher (who fucking hates me because I am sarcastic to her and avidly disagree with her on most things) decides than in addition to having a floursack, it must also have clothes and a diaper bag with actual stuff in it or I would fail the project. It was about that time I decided that this wasn't worth it, and I chose to do the 20 page essay and let the rest of my class wallow in self loathing for the next week. 

In any case, I was the ONLY one in my grade to chose to do the report (which doesn't really bother me, i'm okay with being different and such) and my report is going to be... A piece of work. I do try to cover as much as I can, but I really detest Health class as it's very unneeded (you don't need it to graduate, colleges don't require it, there's no real tests or actual information I learn, the teacher is annoying, etc.) and it makes it very hard for me to not take a few shots at the class in my report (most are pretty vague, though).  

I'm a good student, I really am. I get A's, I do my homework, teachers love me (except that one, even though she does like me, just not when I use sarcasm and such). I don't mean to come here and bitch about how my life sucks, because it doesn't. I'm happy to do my report, I chose it anyway. Here's what I REALLY wanted to show you: 

If you look just right, this looks like it says
 If you look just right, this looks like it says "Little Blands"  
Yep. Thanks for listening. 
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fripplebubby

Hey all, I've got some (somewhat) crazy stuff going on at school. I needed to write it down, and have someone to feel my pain. 

So last week, we had the annual "floursac" project at my school. It's basically where you carry around a 10 lb flour sack for a week to teach why sex is bad. And yeah, it's about as effective as it sounds. So anyway, we were given the choice between carry this sack of crap around all week, or writing a 20 page essay about why babies are bad, sex is bad, and how public schools have no right to inflict their views on me if I don't agree with them  (I guess that wasn't actually part of it, but it makes up a good part of mine). In any case, I was going to do the flour sack bit because I figured it wouldn't be SO bad, so I brought in my sack and a basket to carry it around in. Well, my teacher (who fucking hates me because I am sarcastic to her and avidly disagree with her on most things) decides than in addition to having a floursack, it must also have clothes and a diaper bag with actual stuff in it or I would fail the project. It was about that time I decided that this wasn't worth it, and I chose to do the 20 page essay and let the rest of my class wallow in self loathing for the next week. 

In any case, I was the ONLY one in my grade to chose to do the report (which doesn't really bother me, i'm okay with being different and such) and my report is going to be... A piece of work. I do try to cover as much as I can, but I really detest Health class as it's very unneeded (you don't need it to graduate, colleges don't require it, there's no real tests or actual information I learn, the teacher is annoying, etc.) and it makes it very hard for me to not take a few shots at the class in my report (most are pretty vague, though).  

I'm a good student, I really am. I get A's, I do my homework, teachers love me (except that one, even though she does like me, just not when I use sarcasm and such). I don't mean to come here and bitch about how my life sucks, because it doesn't. I'm happy to do my report, I chose it anyway. Here's what I REALLY wanted to show you: 

If you look just right, this looks like it says
 If you look just right, this looks like it says "Little Blands"  
Yep. Thanks for listening. 
Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kazzurak

Sorry but i cant see how it can look like it says Little Blands ... ?

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fripplebubby
@Kazzurak:  I figured this would be the case. I guess I just suck. 
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pinkshley1

hahaha you think you've got it bad, at my highschool we actually had baby dolls that would cry randomly, need to be "fed" and even piss themselves. A wristband was put on you that could only be properly removed with a special device, so the "parent" had no way of escaping their torment. Oh, the baby also recorded everything you did to it including how many times you didnt answer its cries or how many times you let its head fall back. After your time was up the baby spat a little receipt out its ass containing said info and you were graded accordingly. and yes, this is all true.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane
@Fripplebubby said:
" @Kazzurak:  I figured this would be the case. I guess I just suck.  "

Ya need glasses, or if you already have them, new ones. 

And, i'm not going to even bother making a comment on that whole school thing, cause i'd have no clue where to start, and it'd end up being a 200 page rant. I hate useless school stuffs with a passion.
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fripplebubby
@Pinkshley1: Yeah, we have those too, but we don't have to do them yet. I've helped my friends hack into one, it was pretty hardcore. 
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

The only good essays are the ones with potshots snuck in them. It's the only way I could preserve my sanity in high school. And if it's really 20 frikkin pages, there's a lot of room to hide snarky comments in, because there's no way a teachers gonna read all that.  And holy balls does that floursac idea sound dumb.

So basically I agree with you on everything besides the 'little blands' thing, which I'm totally not seeing.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Skytylz

damn 20 pages is gonna be fun.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fripplebubby
@Skytylz: I'm done with 13 pages currently, but I'm typing it between GB sessions.
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pinkshley1
@Fripplebubby: Someone in my class hacked into one. Then he had to pay $500 to the school.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Skytylz
@Fripplebubby: thats a good start, when did you start?
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fripplebubby

Here's a quote from my report, dealing with conception and how our Health class pisses me off: 

"Onwards, then, into the unknown.   The first stage of having an infant is the stage that is cleverly referred to as Conception. Now make of this what you will, and this is neither the time nor the paper for this concept to be described in detail. That being said, even if this was the time or place, this section seems very against the ideals of the entire Health class, seeing as we’re put on such a strict “abstinence-only” program. In fact, it seems odd that I would be asked to describe this function at all, seeing as this assignment is for the very same class that forbids the knowledge of such a practice in any way shape or form. I have never asked a snake to write a report on why mice are good for eating, because such things are not explained and are just known to the snake. As is it in this case, except in an even more strict way." 

This is probably the least vague part, but you get the idea. 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ninjakiller

Write your paper with the following sentence just copied and pasted over and over:

In the United States, ABORTION IS FUCKING LEGAL. 

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fripplebubby
@Skytylz: Recently. I do 5 pages in one sitting, so i'll finish it... Tomorrow, probably. 
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NoXious

Uh what the fuck kind of a school do you go to?

We learn how to put on condoms in our health class.

In my opinion it's a better way of learning kids how to deal with sex to begin with; if they want to have sex they'll do it anyway. That bag o flour wont stop em. They might do it responsibly though if they knew how to!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ninjakiller
@NoXious: America,  it's literally pray to Jesus and your genitals are no-no parts.  Seriously, we're a fucking stupid country. 
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fripplebubby
@NoXious:  This is my opinion EXACTLY. Abstinence is fine and all, but I sure as hell am not interested. Condoms are a good thing. The argument my teacher has against them are that "they're only 99% safe". this is of course true of all things, and it really depends on if the person is careful or not. 
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mmmslash
@NoXious:  I live in Connecticut, known for it's staunch liberalism, so we were taught how to place condoms on bananas, and how the morning-after pill is a viable option, the merits of birth-control, and even that abortion may or may not be murder, but is something that someone should be able to decide for themselves on their own, without being pressured into a situation they're not ready for because of social stigmata.

Connecticut fucking rocks.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Snipzor

I don't remember ever going through this in school, not the specifics either, I mean I don't remember any sort of health class at all. I think I missed it, which might be good considering those classes are always stupid. But how much of school life did I simply not go through?

That being said, I would most likely steal some flour from the bags, because it seems as if I'm always low on the stuff. Which would force me to go through the essay route, in which large amounts of snark would be used just like in my World History class.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Geno

Number one way to take care of babies: don't have babies. Done. 

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Bones8677
@ninjakiller: Someone's bitter...    >.>

Also, why the heck did some of you have to do this in high school? I did this in middle school, 8th grade. It wasn't a bad experience, I did alright. We had the plastic babies, though I remember seeing, the year before, students walking around with flour sacks. Guess they must have ordered them in time for us. Woot! It's kinda silly to be carrying a sack of flour everywhere anyway.  

Also, OP, you better get used to doing stuff you don't like or don't want to do. That's one of the points of your project. Man up.
CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By CSXLoser

I use to do this as...a church activity.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Coltonio7

Health class is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikkaQ
@Fripplebubby said:
"So last week, we had the annual "floursac" project at my school. It's basically where you carry around a 10 lb flour sack for a week to teach why sex is bad. "

I'm not prone to post a macro and let that do the talking but ah, for this... what the heck: 

No Caption Provided
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By Hamst3r
@Geno said:
" Number one way to take care of babies: don't have babies. Done.  "
There's a reason hamsters eat their young.

It's because they're delicious.

Eat your babies.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't see how it says blands and also, Strawberry and carrot sounds like a disgusting combination.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FartyMcNarly

You should have just jizzed all over the flour bag.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunExplosions

Wait a second. What... the fuck. Didn't realize your schools were so damn hardcore. What state are you in? In New York, I didn't have to do anything like that for my Health class. Hell, I can't even remember a single thing I did in that class. All I remember is the slide show about genital warts. Most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tarakun

My school does the whole dumb 'fake baby' thing. Although we had it in Junior high, and we had the same crying doll things too.  

Luckily, it wasn't part of health class; for us it was part of an elective called Life (basically Home Ec), which, if you weren't an idiot and you took Spanish like I did, you didn't have to take.  Yay! 

So, I'm sorry I can't relate to you on the whole toy baby project, but I did have to take Health class. Some of that stuff is disturbing. They made us watch a baby being born in 7th grade. Shit was fucked up.  

Also, anyone who considers Sex Ed to be "5 minutes looking at assorted contraceptives before moving on to an entire days worth of ' Here's a picture of Gonorrhea ' ... needs to be shot. 

You can't unsee that stuff man. 

@Geno said:

Also; This. 
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Huh. You're a better student than I was in high school. I would have said I was going to do the paper. Then I would have proceeded to not do it.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aetos

My school did this but with the more life-like dolls. That was back in 6th grade health, which was pointless back then. Then freshman year of high school we had to take health class again, and actually talked about sex and other health related things.  

I still don't see the point of middle school health when we take it again in high school and actually learn stuff. Its actually a requirement for graduation.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti
@Fripplebubby: I salute you my good sir.
RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RiddleBrother
@Hamst3r said:
" @Geno said:
There's a reason hamsters eat their young.    It's because they're delicious.    Eat your babies. "
no, it's to protect them from Richard Gere
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fripplebubby
@FunExplosions: Idaho. Too much inbreeding here, so they had to figure out a way to stop it before it fucked up our generation. 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By Geno

You should've accepted the flour sack, then made a cake with it and presented it to your teacher. 

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Snipzor
@Geno: Depends on when you bake the cake. If you do it after the project, then it would be delicious, but anytime before that would be considered cannibalism and the teacher would probably vomit. That is if the teacher really takes the project seriously.
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fripplebubby
@Snipzor said:

" @Geno: Depends on when you bake the cake. If you do it after the project, then it would be delicious, but anytime before that would be considered cannibalism and the teacher would probably vomit. That is if the teacher really takes the project seriously. "

she does, and way too much. On the LAST day of the project, a guy threw his floursack 3 inches into the air and caught it safely. Unfortunately, she saw him, and claimed that he had "broken the baby's neck". He failed the project (He was about 15 minutes from an "A").
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Semition

I've seen people around my school do the same. The baby came with a pacifier and feeding spoon or something. And it starts crying until you give it what it wants. It must have been really embarrassing for the people doing this assignment when the baby started crying in science class and they couldn't get it to step for 15 minutes. Then they had to take it to the health teacher to find out that the sensor was busted.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Snipzor
@Fripplebubby said:
" @Snipzor said:

" @Geno: Depends on when you bake the cake. If you do it after the project, then it would be delicious, but anytime before that would be considered cannibalism and the teacher would probably vomit. That is if the teacher really takes the project seriously. "

she does, and way too much. On the LAST day of the project, a guy threw his floursack 3 inches into the air and caught it safely. Unfortunately, she saw him, and claimed that he had "broken the baby's neck". He failed the project (He was about 15 minutes from an "A"). "
Then you should have made cupcakes for the whole class with the flour she provided. "Why yes, baby is one of the most important ingredients". 

You are in an abstinence only education state right? Because that would explain the high volume of idiocy here.
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fripplebubby
@Snipzor: Yes sir. That is correct (fuck Idaho!!!) 
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kashif1
@Fripplebubby said:
" @Snipzor said:

she does, and way too much. On the LAST day of the project, a guy threw his floursack 3 inches into the air and caught it safely. Unfortunately, she saw him, and claimed that he had "broken the baby's neck". He failed the project (He was about 15 minutes from an "A"). "
there is something wrong with you teacher.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Luckily my health teacher didn't do any of that stupid stuff, however my friend's health teacher made him carry around an egg which they had to make cribs for or something. There was a third health teacher that actually made people pair up and carry around babies but  he was on a different track.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ninjakiller
@Bones8677: I'm tired of right-wing religious nutjobs dictating public policy.  Oh you're religious are you?  Here's the intelligence bell curve, and you are here where it barely begins it's upwards climb.