Fox News Car Chase Scandal: What Do You Think About It?

• 171 results
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By yakov456

It's not a big deal in my opinion. If it was a bloodbath then we have a problem.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Nottle

@SSully: Also Shepard Smith isn't that bad of a name. I mean, with the last name Smith you got to be creative. Can't just name him John.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Tru3_Blu3: while i agreee with alot of what you said,there comes a point in a persons life where he has to accept the things he's done. you cant blame mommy and daddy or society or anything else. sure,he might have had it rough, but so did i and so did alot of other people who didnt do what he did.i really cant feel sorry for a waste of a human being who made the choice to hurt people rather than help them.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Flawed_System

@Fluttercry said:

I don't think you can really get mad at them. It's live TV, shit happens. They couldn't have controlled that at all.

Wasn't even that bad.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By CaptainCody

Wow, do people actually feel sympathy for criminals? He stole a car at gunpoint, he was a horrible person and did not deserve a second chance let alone more taxpayer money. Get a glimpse at reality you dumbasses.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By MikkaQ

@Dagbiker said:

Superbowl = 10 second delay.

Guy with gun running from cops = LIVE.

There you go. Flip that around and you'd have no problems. More tits, less suicide that sounds like the TV I'd wanna watch.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By superfriend

@SSully said:

@Superfriend: I like how the most you gathered from this is the guys name and how its apparently something that only exists in Americans, not just bad or dumb parents.

Well, you gotta be honest here: There are a LOT of fucking stupid names in America. But yeah, they exist pretty much everywhere there are moronic parents (or no laws regarding stupid naming). I was adding my two cents to the conversation though, so I may have gathered more than you give me credit for.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Spoonman671
@Superfriend said:

@SSully said:

@Superfriend: I like how the most you gathered from this is the guys name and how its apparently something that only exists in Americans, not just bad or dumb parents.

There are a LOT of fucking stupid names in America.

Does this even mean anything?
NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By NathanStack

I love people getting up all upright and butthurt at the guy who said that he doesn't care this man killed himself.

The guy fucking stole someone's vehicle at gunpoint. He's a piece of shit. Deal with it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#110  Edited By cornbredx

For once I don't think they have anything to apologize for. It's not like they can know what terrible thing is going to happen but it's their duty to report on it. 

That probably starts the debate on what really needs to be reported on but.. I'm to busy for that right now. 
Anyway, of all the problems I have with Fox News, this isn't one.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

why on earth should i care about a criminal scumbag who decided the best thing to do was to end his pathetic life? if anything,im glad he killed himself. now the taxpayers wont have to pay to keep him in prison.one less deadbeat in the world.

as far as the "scandal", it wasnt thier fault. they should have known better but hey,live tv and all.

What a dick head. Typical internet users....

Ugh.

Anyone who uses the threat of lethal force in a theft deserves to die.

This man stole a car at gunpoint and fired at police officers. If I try to shoot at you and miss, would you insist there was no moral difference between you and me? Is your judgement of someone's moral worth really dependent on how inept someone is at being a shitbag?

What does someone have to do to be a bad person in this society?

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By Hamst3r

@Cretaceous_Bob: Drive a farming combine through a field of infants?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By ajamafalous

lol at everyone defending a guy who fucking stole a car at gunpoint. What a joke. 

As for Fox, somebody fucked up with the delay. You could blame them for that, but the actual scene wasn't graphic at all. Anyone who was watching and was offended by that shouldn't have been watching a live car chase in the first place.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By Dany

I was watching it at the gym, it was on like 2 or 3 screens. Yeah, it was very unpleasant to watch.

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By sissylion

@Kidavenger said:

I don't see how anyone could have predicted the guy would do that.

It's common practice to not follow the end of a car chase because of the likelihood that the suspect may do something drastic. The producers done fucked up.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#116  Edited By breadfan

Surprised they didn't blame Obama for it.

Topical!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SSully

@Superfriend said:

@SSully said:

Well, you gotta be honest here: There are a LOT of fucking stupid names in America. But yeah, they exist pretty much everywhere there are moronic parents (or no laws regarding stupid naming). I was adding my two cents to the conversation though, so I may have gathered more than you give me credit for.

Once again you can find a lot of stupid names almost anywhere, it is not just America. And I gave you enough credit as you deserved because the only thing you provided to the discussion was anti-american bullshit in a thread that has nothing to do with America.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By EpicSteve

It was live. Can't really do much with a short delay. Human mistake. But I think following any criminal event has its risks the viewers should know going in.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#119  Edited By Castiel

Fox is a disgusting channel and it wouldn't surprise me if they showed the footage on purpose. The anchor said himself that it aired with a 5 second delay, that's plenty of time to cut away from the suicide, but they didn't want to cut away because it's good television. I admit I looked the footage up, bacause in some way I was interested, and that's the part that's wrong: We have become so accustomed to violence on television that it doesn't really affect us anymore, so just because we can show it, it doesn't mean we should. I have to make it clear that I'm not talking about fictionalized violence here like you would see it on TV shows, but I'm talking about the real violence which we see on the news.

I didn't find the anchor's apology sincere, but then again that may just be because I'm skeptical towards anything Fox news says.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Castiel

Fox is a disgusting channel and it wouldn't surprise me if they showed the footage on purpose. The anchor said himself that it aired with a 5 second delay, that's plenty of time to cut away from the suicide, but they didn't want to cut away because it's good television. I admit I looked the footage up, bacause in some way I was interested, and that's the part that's wrong: We have become so accustomed to violence on television that it doesn't really affect us anymore, so just because we can show it, it doesn't mean we should. I have to make it clear that I'm not talking about fictionalized violence here like you would see it on TV shows, but I'm talking about the real violence which we see on the news.

I didn't find the anchor's apology sincere, but then again that may just be because I'm skeptical towards anything Fox news says.

Shepard Smith is the only credible man on that channel. I highly doubt he would do anything like that on purpose. Any other FOX host? Maybe. But not Shepard Smith. Most agree he's a straight shooter.
Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Quarters

I don't think they should be bashed for it. They were shocked and in the moment, and the anchor was clearly displeased with what had happened. It was just a human accident. Nothing they could do about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Shephard Smith. I wonder if he gets ostracized in the FOX News cafeteria for not toeing the company line so blindly as everybody else. There are times I wonder if he stays there just to troll his co-workers and target demographic.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#123  Edited By Fearbeard

Someone f'ed up on the delay.

Plus, why was a national new channel bothering to cover live such a local story. Oh yeah, ratings. Everyone watching was hoping something would happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised at all the people defending this and saying how it doesn't phase them.

This is a fucking horrible thing and no-one should have to experience a suicide, what about the children who saw it? Hell, what about the adult who saw it? Real violence is sick and twisted and no-one should be exposed to such horrible things. I mean I can enjoy a good car chase that ends in a crash, but not if people get seriously hurt. All the TV shows that shows that kind of action here never have people get seriously hurt, it alls people getting bruises and scratches, simply because serious injury or death isn't fit for something to show on TV.

Also to the couple of people saying that there is something wrong with you, because you are phased by this, simply because we already know it exists. People who aren't phased by a suicide are the ones that there is something wrong with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By PizzaSauce

I don't get Americas obsession with streaming these live car chases, what good is going to come out of it. Sure, it might be amusing to watch if a meth head stumbles out the car and falls in a ditch, but ultimately you are going to get a situation similar to what happened here.

It was clearly an accident and shouldn't have got on to live tv, but why show it anyway. Nobody wants to witness a suicide on live tv, it's completely disrespectful and hurtful. Nobody gains anything from it at all. I hope they now have the facilities in place so this can never happen again, or how about stop showing car chases and put some real news on the box.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Leptok

I have many problems with Faux News, this is not one of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's live TV, you can't predict what's going to happen.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By colorbrandon

Watched it expecting to see something graphic. It was disappointingly subdued.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ozzdog12

@SomeDeliCook said:

Also, I want to remind everyone of when the world trade centers went down. When the first plane hit, EVERY news channel was filming the now burning tower, and then guess what? Second airplane flew into the other WTC live. The two towers falling was also live. Everyone's screams were live.

And then what happened? EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL WAS NOW SHOWING THE FOOTAGE. FUCKING NICKELODEON WAS SHOWING IT

This

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By razkazz
@ozzdog12 said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Also, I want to remind everyone of when the world trade centers went down. When the first plane hit, EVERY news channel was filming the now burning tower, and then guess what? Second airplane flew into the other WTC live. The two towers falling was also live. Everyone's screams were live.

And then what happened? EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL WAS NOW SHOWING THE FOOTAGE. FUCKING NICKELODEON WAS SHOWING IT

This

To be fair, that was a historical event. This was just some dude.
SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@razkazz said:

@ozzdog12 said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

This

To be fair, that was a historical event. This was just some dude.

You still saw people jumping out of windows from near the top of the building on channels like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By habster3

@gamefreak9: According to Honest Man: The Life of R. Budd Dwyer, the allegations made against him were proven false. While I'm not totally going to take the documentary's word for it, I think he was innocent.

Also, as others have said before, people react differently to direct presentations of deaths than to mere mentions of them. Just saying.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Orbitz89

I can't believe some of you are actually defending the worthless cunt. The bastard stole somebody's car at gun point and killed himself.. Big loss. Fuck off guys.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overblown. It was live. Whatever.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Freshbandito

Good God, alot of sociopathic people on these forums who happily wish death upon other human beings and then ridicule people who show human, emotional responses to the loss of human life.

You're not some higher thinking, logical badass if you don't feel anything at other people's suffering, you're a damned sociopath who has lost touch with other human beings and is on the verge of not being able to operate in society and communities.

I feel that bit more shame to think parts of this community are so emotionally crippled.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Freshbandito: do you feel pain for a bug you step on? or the dog shit you scrap off your shoe? this man was a worthless creature who did not deserve the right to live. he was a career criminal and decided long ago that the only thing he cared about was himself. i dont consider myself a "badass" for enjyoing him being dead. i consider myself a realist. the man was a waste of a human being and now the world is a better place without him.

sure,it might not do well to constantly obsess over this loser and how he died,all that matters is that he is gone. he was a disgusting piece of shit in life and now he is a worthless scumbag in death. i dont know about you,but i take comfort in the fact that he wont be able to hurt anybody anymore. so now im going to to do the worst thing possible to that pathetic trash. im going to forget he ever existed.his short and pointless life is now over.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Like some people are saying, I'm more shocked that they still show car chases in general, It's a serious situation and, whether people want to see it or not, it's disrespectful to everyone involved. I don't know if it was the news anchor's idea to show it going on (Not sure how news works so I don't even know if he had a choice), but good on him for trying to tell his knuckle headed directors to get off of the footage at least.

I'm also shocked that some people get mad about censorship of death on live TV. If you are desensitized to violence, that's fine, but that doesn't mean others are and the fact that they would rather not see a car chase or death happen on live TV doesn't make them "butthurt". I know this is the general opinion of everyone here, but it's definitely something that people get called on other sites.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Freshbandito

@DoctorDanger99: I think you have real psychological issues and your apparent lack of empathy and simple views on whether a person's life is worth existing are entirely worrying and near horrifying to me. I can only hope you come to terms with your dwindling humanity or seek help before your sociopathic views turn into something more dangerous than looking insane on a website. Please don't try and rationalise your inability to understand other human beings to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freshbandito said:

@DoctorDanger99: I think you have real psychological issues and your apparent lack of empathy and simple views on whether a person's life is worth existing are entirely worrying and near horrifying to me. I can only hope you come to terms with your dwindling humanity or seek help before your sociopathic views turn into something more dangerous than looking insane on a website. Please don't try and rationalise your inability to understand other human beings to me.

ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND WONDERFUL! IT'S SAD THAT HITLER AND OSAMA BIN LADEN ARE DEAD ;_;

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#141  Edited By VincentVendetta

So people can no longer make the difference between a dramatisation of violence and blunt, actual human death?

Wow, truly we are fucked. Good luck with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VincentVendetta said:

So people can no longer make the difference between a dramatisation of violence and blunt, actual human death?

Wow, truly we are fucked. Good luck with that.

Give us 5 more years

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Jace

@gamefreak9: He was later said to be innocent. The people who said they had evidence against him were full of shit.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Freshbandito

@TeflonBilly said:

@Freshbandito said:

ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND WONDERFUL! IT'S SAD THAT HITLER AND OSAMA BIN LADEN ARE DEAD ;_;

Is that really your argument? let's take a look and read it again, maybe it's deep and full of meaning and is a good rebuttal and I just misread it? No, it appears to be the same ill thought out attempt to interject logical and emotional fallacies into a discussion of empathy and how judging the worth of another man's life is a dangerous path through your use of ridiculous hyperbole and excessive use of caps lock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freshbandito: Stop using so many college words

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#146  Edited By ThePickle

A guy shooting himself in the head is actually the least disturbing thing on FOX News.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By SocietySays

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

Like some people are saying, I'm more shocked that they still show car chases in general, It's a serious situation and, whether people want to see it or not, it's disrespectful to everyone involved. I don't know if it was the news anchor's idea to show it going on (Not sure how news works so I don't even know if he had a choice), but good on him for trying to tell his knuckle headed directors to get off of the footage at least.

I'm also shocked that some people get mad about censorship of death on live TV. If you are desensitized to violence, that's fine, but that doesn't mean others are and the fact that they would rather not see a car chase or death happen on live TV doesn't make them "butthurt". I know this is the general opinion of everyone here, but it's definitely something that people get called on other sites.

I agree with you but if Fox or any other news network is going to air high speed chases, shoot-outs and other crap like that then show it all. I mean come on, no one is forcing us to watch a high speed chase. Those who do are making that choice why should Fox edit out "the bad parts" for these people? I don't get any entertainment out of watching crap like this, so I don't. It's that simple.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Freshbandito

@TeflonBilly: I can't :( I was stuck on a long journey with only a thesaurus and pamphlet on being a sanctimonious prick to read recently. I already had practice at the latter but reading the former has really opened up my ability to sound like a condescending arse.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@TeflonBilly said:

Emotionally detached and anti-intellectual, wow you're doing great bud, keep up the good work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RollingZeppelin said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Emotionally detached and anti-intellectual, wow you're doing great bud, keep up the good work.

I am the 1%!