Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By daywongsong
Halo 3 Or Gears Of War 2
Halo 3 Or Gears Of War 2

Its come down to it as we all know Christmas is around the corner and I am going to get an Xbox 360 one year subscription to Xbox Live and one game now sadly its between one of these two video games and I love them both. It's either Halo 3 or Gears Of War 2 at first I thought GOW2 but now after some thinking I think im going to go with Halo 3 any opinions?

Now after reading the comments that have been posted below my decision is going to Halo 3. Here are some fun facts why I choose halo three over gears of war two.

Halo Three:
•Good Online Play
•Decent Campaign Mode
•Fast Match Making
•Been Playing Sense 01,02
•Love The Game Play
•Make good online friends

Gears Of War 2:
•Online matching making messy
•People on the same team always shoot you
•Campaign mode amazing

So there's my little list between the two games feel free to debate what game you like more and why?

-daywongsong
daywongsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By daywongsong
Halo 3 Or Gears Of War 2
Halo 3 Or Gears Of War 2

Its come down to it as we all know Christmas is around the corner and I am going to get an Xbox 360 one year subscription to Xbox Live and one game now sadly its between one of these two video games and I love them both. It's either Halo 3 or Gears Of War 2 at first I thought GOW2 but now after some thinking I think im going to go with Halo 3 any opinions?

Now after reading the comments that have been posted below my decision is going to Halo 3. Here are some fun facts why I choose halo three over gears of war two.

Halo Three:
•Good Online Play
•Decent Campaign Mode
•Fast Match Making
•Been Playing Sense 01,02
•Love The Game Play
•Make good online friends

Gears Of War 2:
•Online matching making messy
•People on the same team always shoot you
•Campaign mode amazing

So there's my little list between the two games feel free to debate what game you like more and why?

-daywongsong
bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bekern

Okay for single player I'd go with Gears 2 but I personally still like Halo 3 multiplayer more then Gears.

thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By thebobster10
krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By krazychris

Personally I'd go with Gears 2 as the single player is really good and in the multiplayer I feel as though my teams successes and failures depend on me more since there arn't as many of us in the team.

daywongsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daywongsong

dang im leaning towards halo 3 now :)

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By atejas

I'm honestly not really fond of both of them.
Still, I enjoyed gears 1 more, so my vote goes for gears 2.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

halo 3. the core gameplay just has soo much more to it for a start. not to mention forge, theater, medal chests and an excellent matchmaking system (i heard gears 2 was all spazzy). not to mention it has many many different varieties from team doubles to big team to infection.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Gameboi

Talk about a hard choice. If you followed the first two Halo games -- and enjoyed them --  Halo 3 was like the Return of the Jedi of video games; it is needed to bring some sense of closure to the storyline.  It came under fire, but I had no qualms with the game. Both single player and multiplayer  were fantastic for me.

Now as for Gears 2, it had some "wow" moments during the singleplayer that I felt Halo 3 lacked. Other than that, I'd call it a draw.

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By theshadow027

I had this choice too and I'm leaning towards Halo. I've never played a gears or Halo game so I'm taking a chance.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By trulyalive

Gears. All the way. It wins on account of sheer epicness.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you're looking for multiplayer goodness, I'd probably recommend Halo 3.  The Gears of War 2 matchmaking system has had some serious problems in its first few weeks.  If you have friends who are willing to play with you, though, Gears of War 2, with its Horde Mode, might be the way to go. 

Personally, I feel the gameplay of Halo feels much tighter than the gameplay of Gears, and so the competitive multiplayer takes a while to lose its sheen.  I like both games about equally, no doubt about that, but your preferences will have a lot to do with your enjoyment.  Also, if you haven't played the other games in the two franchises (that is, Halo, Halo 2, Gears of War), you might be at a loss in terms of singleplayer on both accounts. 

daywongsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daywongsong

So the decision is Halo 3 I've played Gears Of War two campaign and I know its alot better then Halo's campaign so if your looking for a fun game to play online I suggest (which I am doing) to get Halo 3.