Has bad timing every screwed you over?

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By lordbazuco

God, today should have been so perfect too. I need to vent out my anguish over today's events, so I'm hoping you'll read my story, and tell me of a time you got screwed over with bad timing to. Enjoy... 

So, there's this girl I really like. Liked. She has so much in common with me, she's cute, plays the occasional video game, and best quality of all, she liked spending time with me. However, she's not without flaws. She has some emotional baggage from her previous relationship. So, we have hung out as friends a few times over the summer, but today I got the stones to ask her out on an actual date, and she said yes. Awesome right? Well I took her to see Scott Pilgrim, which was actually a pretty good movie btw, and then I took her back to my place. We unwinded a bit, maybe had a drink or two, who knows. And then before I knew it she was on my bed and i was on top of her, stroking her hair, about to kiss this beautiful girl that I was crazy about. And as a 16 year old high school kid, who loves playing video games and chooses to vent on the internets at giantbomb, I am a virgin, and she however is not. So tonight could have been really awesome.  

But right as I was about to kiss her, her phone started vibrating. I asked her not to answer it but, she thought it might be her mom. So she checked her phone and what do you know? Her ex boyfriend from the afore-mentioned relationship txted her saying "Hi baby, how are you? I really miss you, and need you right now" They have been broken up for like 6 months, and she dumped him, for a frame of reference. Anyway, she then squirmed out from under me, and stood frozen staring at her phone. I asked if she was okay and.... she broke down crying. Since the night was pretty much ruined, I tried to salvage what little I could and tried to comfort her. She cried on my shoulder and told me, she's still in love with him and that she's sorry. And then proceed to leave my house. But, not without making me walk her to the train. Aaaand, if this wasn't enough, I just found out from a mutual friend that, she is spending the night as his house.... AWESOME right? 

Anyway, thank you for reading this to whomever took the time to do so. It'd be awesome if you guys would post any stories you have of bad timing screwing you over. As a community, let's share these stories, or at the very least to make me feel better. :] Well thanks again for reading.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordbazuco

God, today should have been so perfect too. I need to vent out my anguish over today's events, so I'm hoping you'll read my story, and tell me of a time you got screwed over with bad timing to. Enjoy... 

So, there's this girl I really like. Liked. She has so much in common with me, she's cute, plays the occasional video game, and best quality of all, she liked spending time with me. However, she's not without flaws. She has some emotional baggage from her previous relationship. So, we have hung out as friends a few times over the summer, but today I got the stones to ask her out on an actual date, and she said yes. Awesome right? Well I took her to see Scott Pilgrim, which was actually a pretty good movie btw, and then I took her back to my place. We unwinded a bit, maybe had a drink or two, who knows. And then before I knew it she was on my bed and i was on top of her, stroking her hair, about to kiss this beautiful girl that I was crazy about. And as a 16 year old high school kid, who loves playing video games and chooses to vent on the internets at giantbomb, I am a virgin, and she however is not. So tonight could have been really awesome.  

But right as I was about to kiss her, her phone started vibrating. I asked her not to answer it but, she thought it might be her mom. So she checked her phone and what do you know? Her ex boyfriend from the afore-mentioned relationship txted her saying "Hi baby, how are you? I really miss you, and need you right now" They have been broken up for like 6 months, and she dumped him, for a frame of reference. Anyway, she then squirmed out from under me, and stood frozen staring at her phone. I asked if she was okay and.... she broke down crying. Since the night was pretty much ruined, I tried to salvage what little I could and tried to comfort her. She cried on my shoulder and told me, she's still in love with him and that she's sorry. And then proceed to leave my house. But, not without making me walk her to the train. Aaaand, if this wasn't enough, I just found out from a mutual friend that, she is spending the night as his house.... AWESOME right? 

Anyway, thank you for reading this to whomever took the time to do so. It'd be awesome if you guys would post any stories you have of bad timing screwing you over. As a community, let's share these stories, or at the very least to make me feel better. :] Well thanks again for reading.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

Sorry, but that's a nice fat wall of text. Please use paragraphs.

Edit: I read it anyway, and holy shit that is inconsiderate of her. You should completely ignore her from now on.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordbazuco
@Ace829: @Ace829: I hope that makes it easier to read. And yea, I am heavily considering ignoring her.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@lordbazuco: This has nothing to do with girls but It was just a day that piled shit on me. 

It starts off only being mildly shitty. 

I was grounded because I was failing all of my classes.  I was turning 17 years old that day.  My birthday is on Veterans day but because I was going to a community college I had to go to school anyway and fail some more because I'm not a smart kid.  I had a bad headache that day so It was hard to drive and stay awake all day.  I do home and find out my family went to Mcdonalds because they had the day off and got me nothing.  My mom however refrained from telling me how useless, stupid, and disappointing I was since it was my birthday.   I was sad all day and my parents tell me to just get over it because my grandfather just found out he had cancer. 

How would my grandfather having cancer on my birthday make me feel good.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunExplosions
@lordbazuco: Had something eerily similar happen to me, with what seems like the exact same kind of girl. She couldn't get over her "first love" aka the first dude she fucked. I consoled her time and time again, and every time I thought I'd gotten her away from the guy, I'd find out that she had just recently hung out with him. Eventually, time went by and she met someone who was way better than me and her ex boyfriend, so she essentially just forgot about both of us.

And I'm glad now, too, because as time went by I started to see how much of a horrible person she was turning out to be. I realized that a lot of what I thought I liked, was actually just my refusal to see anything but the good in her. Basically, she was too hot for me. At least at that time. I've grown a lot since then and I honestly see her as a lesser being now.

But, eh, bad timing? Not really. Usually for me it's just bad everything else.
rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By rt44tbtb4

Yeah, forget about her, she's clearly got too much shit going on to have a steady, committed relationship. Too bad you couldn't at least fuck her, though.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CowMuffins

Wah. You're sixteen, suck it up.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aronman789
@lordbazuco: I have a very peculiar thing that happens to me, if i stay up after 2:30 am, shit hits the fan. I don't know why, but its like i'm cursed, its like my brain turns to "don't give a fuck" and i start saying everything thats on my mind and can't focus due to sleep deprivation, and trust me, the effects are never good. I've lost friends, jobs, girlfriends, and the occasional dog.
lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordbazuco
@SethPhotopoulos: With a story like that, I feel bad for complaining. I hope everything ends up working out for you
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@lordbazuco: It has. 
It was like 9 months ago.  A lot of good has happened since then.  It's just that sometimes when it rains it pours to borrow an old cliche. 
My mom has even been toning down her disappointment speeches.
lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordbazuco
@bassboy2100: She may have been the first girl I've ever wanted a relationship more then I wanted to fuck her. But dammit, I would be feeling so much better if I at least got something out of it. Eh I don't wanna sound insensitive though w.e she's got issues.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust
@Aronman789 said:

" @lordbazuco: I have a very peculiar thing that happens to me, if i stay up after 2:30 am, shit hits the fan. I don't know why, but its like i'm cursed, its like my brain turns to "don't give a fuck" and i start saying everything thats on my mind and can't focus due to sleep deprivation, and trust me, the effects are never good. I've lost friends, jobs, girlfriends, and the occasional dog. "

You should see a witch-doctor. He'd fix you right up.  ^^ 

@lordbazuco: That's how people are. Inconsiderate and selfish. Get used to it, kid. :p
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bravetoaster

That bitch was damaged goods anyway.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By SumDeus

It's probably best that you didn't end up being mixed up in a love triangle anyway.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By one_2nd
@lordbazuco: Wow before I just read the title and not the post, now I feel like an ignorant dick. Sorry about that, man. That really sucks. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By iam3green

awww man that really sucks. i think you shouldn't talk to her for a while. sucks that, that happened. 

here is a story of i couldn't get a girl. i was hanging out at school. i was in the game room playing some pool. there was a hot girl that i saw. for couple of weeks should would be there. she finally introduced herself to me. me and marisa would have small talk between classes in the game room. halo 3 came out so sometimes instead of hanging out i would go home to play it. one day i had to stay at school to study for a test. she was nice enough to say i could come hang out with her friends ( guys). they were talking about halo 3. i thought that was hot. i never saw her again after that. i would see her sometimes with a quick hi. i never got to ask her for her number or anythign.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@lordbazuco:  That's a good idea. Definitely ignore her. She's not worth it. I've been in an extremely similar situation. If you do keep on hanging out with her, don't let her walk all over you, and don't let her pull the same shit. And also, she can walk herself to the fucking train. Because I foresee this very same thing happening to you again.
lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordbazuco
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" @lordbazuco:  And also, she can walk herself to the fucking train.   
Lol. Thanks for making me laugh. And yea, you're right, she will definitely pull this shit again if I let her. I guess my best option is to cut my losses, and move on, before I waste anymore time.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine
@lordbazuco: Wow, that really sucks. It happens to all of us though. I just graduated high school and at the end of senior year this girl that I dated the year before broke up with her boyfriend and asked me to prom. Two weeks later after everyone knew we were going to go together she got back with her boyfriend and told me she didn't want to go with me anymore via text message. I don't talk to that girl anymore although till this day she still tries to repair our friendship by sending me messages apologizing. It's not that I'm trying to be a dick by not talking to her but I just don't think I'd be able to be friends with her again.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By endless_void

Sucks that this shit happens to people so often. It hasn't happened to me personally (yet?), but I would never talk to that bitch again if I were you.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordbazuco
@Wolverine: Wow, that's way worse then what happened to me. I understand though, there's no way I could be friends with her, if some girl did that to me. But yea, as you said, it happens to all of us. I guess I just gotta move on and not deal with her crap anymore then.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Mrnitropb
@lordbazuco said:
" @bassboy2100: She may have been the first girl I've ever wanted a relationship more then I wanted to fuck her. But dammit, I would be feeling so much better if I at least got something out of it. Eh I don't wanna sound insensitive though w.e she's got issues. "
Oh, so  you're mainly upset over blue-ballin'?
/jk

Yeah that sucks, and happens a lo tmore than anyone would like to admit. And they don't seem to grow out of that until....what mid 30's? Just do yourself a favor, chalk it up to shitty misfortune, but be glad that you probably dodged a bullet. Move on.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Just wait for when you get older. All your high school problems will seem TRIVIAL.

rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rt44tbtb4
@sodiumCyclops said:
" Just wait for when you get older. All your high school problems will seem TRIVIAL. "
I don't like the sound of that at all =\