Hatchet wielding hitch hiker saves woman. Behold the Kai.

• 99 results
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Baillie

@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

That guy is just as much a danger as the crazy guy driving the car.

You must have watched a different video cause that doesn't make a lick of sense.

This kinda out of it hitchhiker sees something fucked up happen and decided the first thing to do is cleave someone in the head with a hatchet? He then mentions how he saw some other guy manhandling some woman and he started pounding on him, knocking out all his teeth? He seems a LITTLE violent doesn't he?

There's always one. Get out of your bubble. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. We need more people like Kai who will actually DO something when he sees someone in danger, rather than pretending they don't see it and walk away.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By newhaap

@Humanity: That's not the only thing he did though. He had the presence of mind to grab the car keys after crazy dude pinned someone with his car, that sounds like a thoughtful act and not just based on desire for violence.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Justin258

@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

You must have watched a different video cause that doesn't make a lick of sense.

This kinda out of it hitchhiker sees something fucked up happen and decided the first thing to do is cleave someone in the head with a hatchet? He then mentions how he saw some other guy manhandling some woman and he started pounding on him, knocking out all his teeth? He seems a LITTLE violent doesn't he?

I agree that he's violent but he seems to have enough sense to direct it toward bad people.

I mean, a guy who thinks he's Jesus and suddenly tries to run over someone else and a guy who tries to manhandle an unwilling woman are not people that I'm going to be concerned about for getting a bump on the head and a few teeth knocked out, respectively. Plus, he didn't outright kill them despite having the chance, only incapacitated them, which means he has at least some restraint in his violence.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By intro

"You ever experience anything like that Kai?"

"Well this one time..."

I fucking lost it.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Ghostiet
@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

The combination of adrenalin and the realization that either your life is in danger or the person on the other side is insane/dangerous is something that will make you forget about reserving strength. Dude didn't seem like he knew how to fight, so I can't blame him for going for a hatchet and pounding a guy until he stopped reacting.

My friend was intoxicated when he was mugged on a street by some guy. He managed to get on top of the guy and he punched him until his arm broke in three places. He was so high on adrenalin that he was able to sign himself with ease 2 hours after the event. Is the conclusion that he's very violent? No, the conclusion is that he was drunk, high on adrenalin and afraid, so he reacted violently until he realized it was safe enough to stop. This Kai dude looks broken by life, but what he saw was a guy acting incredibly violently and calling himself Jesus. If I was in his place, I would definitely not be cool enough to use the blunt side of the hatchet.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PHenry1991

Holy shit! This Guy! (Talks about smashin' dudes heads a lot).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#57  Edited By Humanity

@Baillie said:

@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

There's always one. Get out of your bubble. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. We need more people like Kai who will actually DO something when he sees someone in danger, rather than pretending they don't see it and walk away.

Thats all fine and good until he finally hurts an innocent person because of a misunderstanding. He did a good deed this time but it's not the best idea to have people running around doling out their own justice.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@Humanity said:

@Baillie said:

@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

Thats all fine and good until he finally hurts an innocent person because of a misunderstanding. He did a good deed this time but it's not the best idea to have people running around doling out their own justice.

This is basically now an argument about The Punisher. But, some kind of hitchhiking surfer-dude punisher? I'm okay with that.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Jams

STRAIGHT OUTA DOGTOWN

CRAZY MUTHAFUCKA NAMED KAI DUDE

IN A GANG CALLED HOBOS WITH ATTITUDE

Also, Did somebody say fresnooo???? Funny that I live there and I haven't heard anything about this.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By musubi

Love this guy. Also kinda find it sad he has no family or friends. =(

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By BaneFireLord

The studio that gets the film rights to this is gonna make a fucking mint.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@Humanity

@Baillie said:

@Humanity said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Humanity said:

That's making the assumption that just because he's homeless and eccentric he's capable if hurting someone innocent which is an unfair leap to make. Tell you what if I was being attacked by somebody I'd sure as hell want somebody to help. Saying he's as dangerous as the psycho who tried to kill someone just cause he doesn't fit the profile of what's 'normal' is pretty uncool.
stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By stryker1121

Dammit, this guy is a walking meme factory..I'm waiting on the Straight Outta Dogtown NWA parody. (Oops, guy above me beat me to it)

Basically this fella is a hippie Jack Reacher without the army training.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By sweep  Moderator
"As far as anyone I grew up with is concerned, I'm already dead. So whatever."

This guy is like a fucking superhero.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65  Edited By Tackchevy

I cleaved his head like wide open with a hatchet man. And then he stood right up, and I was like "Fuck, shit, well if you're Jesus Christ, then I'll be the Antichrist, I don't give a fuck man!"

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Ravenlight
?
?
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Humanity

@TheSouthernDandy: He looks shady as hell, would you pick up a guy looking like that? Before you say "of course!" let me interject that I sure as hell wouldn't. Not to say I'd pick up any hitchhikers but that guy looked especially weird. Also everything he said sounded half insane - he hit him and then ran away and then asked what was happening and someone told him the guy he just cleaved was by some tree masturbating? Then he was in some orchard once and some guy was saying he owns this woman so he beat all his teeth out? I mean I know it's funny but it all sounds certifiably insane.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Dallas_Raines

James Franco MUST make this into a movie.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Humanity: Even if everything you say is true, on one hand: guy who admits to rape, thinks he's jesus, hates blacks and tried to kill a guy, attacked a woman. On the other hand: eccentric, homeless, saved two people we know of, possibly another woman.

To say he's just as dangerous is dumb.

Not to mention the fact that, as was pointed out, dude had a hatchet in his hand. If he wanted to kill that dude, he easily could have beat his head in even with the blunt end. He showed restraint.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nottle

So this surfer guy was hitchhiking and they guy that picked him up was crazy and attacked people? THE FUCK?

Why do I feel like this is an ending to a Coen Bros movie?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Humanity

@TheSouthernDandy: I got a much stronger crazy vibe from him than just eccentric - but I dunno maybe it just depends where you're from so your perception of people being crazy and/or dangerous may vary. You think he's like a huge hero thats fine. I think he did an admirable thing but wouldn't wanna be around the guy in the middle of the night cause I get creepy vibes from him. I don't really care enough to keep arguing about it though so yah, different strokes for different folks.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72  Edited By buft

Fucking brilliant! that guy is a hero

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vikingdeath1

I realize I know far too many people who remind me of Kai, in every aspect but his life-saving ways.

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By defe

@ZagZagovich said:

I always thought that this kind of guy was a movie invention, exagurated for better effect. But I'm so glad I'm wrong.

My thoughts exactly. What a crazy story. Best of luck to Kai.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MiniPato

Sad end :(

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@vikingdeath1 said:

I realize I know far too many people who remind me of Kai, in every aspect but his life-saving ways.

I'm honestly not sure what it says about me or my opinions on society when I consider someone clearly mentally disturbed to be the epitome of mankind. Someone brutally honest, who doesn't embellish or stand on his laurels, and just acts.

What I truly find sad about all of this, is that despite these so very positive traits, most people, myself among them, would look down on this "Kai" in any day-to-day scenario; he's homeless, dirty, inane and out of place in just about any social situation, clearly not the brightest tool in the shed; the fact that he'd risk his life for someone else without batting an eye doesn't enter the equation until it's done and over with. It's pure fluke that he hit the big screen, that he got a chance to prove his worth. Makes me feel really guilty about the assumptions I make on a daily basis, and that's despite trying to be an open-minded person.

Hell, just look at this here thread; half the people are trying to find fault in him because of the way he acts and looks, and the other half are trying to defend him because they feel that he needs protecting given how he acts and looks; everyone's making assumptions left and right; and it goes without saying that few of us would be looking at this fella' kindly unless these circumstances had indeed come to pass. "Kai" accomplished something out there, but hell, he accomplished something in here too, he put us all to shame.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Bollard

The ending is so sad :(

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Giant Bomb, hire this man.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ThePencil
No Caption Provided

Because he is the Hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now...

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By cookiemonster

Wow, what a top bloke.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Did he have to kill him immediatly? Just breaking his arms or shoulders would have been enough.

But maybe it's for the best that people like that self proclaimed jesus aren't walking the earth anymore...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#82  Edited By StarvingGamer

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Did he have to kill him immediatly? Just breaking his arms or shoulders would have been enough.

But maybe it's for the best that people like that self proclaimed jesus aren't walking the earth anymore...

No one killed anyone. What?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@StarvingGamer said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

He didn't? I could have sworn he said he killed him...?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mandude

West Fresco; where even the pillars of society are clearly fucking mad.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#85  Edited By StarvingGamer

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@StarvingGamer said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

He didn't? I could have sworn he said he killed him...?

Nope. He hit the guy a few times and the guy started following him so he led him away from the scene. At some point the dude stopped chasing him and the police found him masturbating in front of a building, possibly a school.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jrinswand

Ugh. Hippies. At least that one was good for something.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By donchipotle

This guy is Jeff Spicoli. I half expected him to go "Just like I told the guy on ABC, 'Danger is my business!'"

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By super2j

I hope someone gives Kai as much as he gives others. I felt so bad when I heard he didnt care about his own welfare if it meant helping others because he didnt have family

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By Animasta

@Jrinswand said:

Ugh. Hippies. At least that one was good for something.

there are nothing wrong with hippies.

and I should know, I lived in hippieville USA (Eugene OR)

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By villainy

I suppose this is worth bumping... Unfortunately.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9105018New

HADDONFIELD, N.J. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man known on the internet as "Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker" is now being sought for the murder of a man in northern New Jersey, and police say he was last seen in the area of Haddonfield, Camden County.

Quite a turn from internet hero to suspected murder. Now he's been spotted near the town I grew up in. What a world huh.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy said:

HADDONFIELD, N.J. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man known on the internet as "Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker" is now being sought for the murder of a man in northern New Jersey, and police say he was last seen in the area of Haddonfield, Camden County.

Quite a turn from internet hero to suspected murder. Now he's been spotted near the town I grew up in. What a world huh.

Haha wow

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I guess he wanted another free ride so he thought murdering another dude was a free ticket back to being a internet sensation. In all fairness the dispute that happened between these two men if true sounds really really fucked up.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy said:

Haha wow

buddy of mine literally didn't believe me when I told him. if Oztmandias can fall, so too can Kai

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, wait, wait!!! Did he say after he hit him that the guy was masturbating in front of a school?! The fuck man, that's some crazy shit!

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

@haltiamreptar said:

buddy of mine literally didn't believe me when I told him. if Oztmandias can fall, so too can Kai

?

Ramesses the Great never fell. Regardless of how a 19th century windbag wants to spin it, Ramesses the Great was revered as a God by one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen for almost a century, and the images of his likeness carved into the face of the Earth will likely forever be known to mankind.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a hatchet wielding hobo.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Frankly, part of what made this man such an internet phenomenon is just how mad he clearly sounds. He sounds so sincere and yet so hammy and movie-like. But I didn't think he would outright kill anybody three months ago, though I guess if anybody that is as unstable as he seems gets that notion there isn't any rationality there to stop him.

It hasn't been proven yet so maybe there's a chance that he didn't do it? I'm kind of thinking the same thing about As I Lay Dying's singer but I'm not holding my breath.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jams

Frankly, part of what made this man such an internet phenomenon is just how mad he clearly sounds. He sounds so sincere and yet so hammy and movie-like. But I didn't think he would outright kill anybody three months ago, though I guess if anybody that is as unstable as he seems gets that notion there isn't any rationality there to stop him.

It hasn't been proven yet so maybe there's a chance that he didn't do it? I'm kind of thinking the same thing about As I Lay Dying's singer but I'm not holding my breath.

The last thing I read about him was that he left a Facebook post saying that he woke up and realized he'd been drugged and raped (in the mouth apparently). Maybe he was just giving himself a motive, but I'd imagine that being something that happens all the time with hobo's and couch surfers so who knows?

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You ever experienced anything like that Kai?

WELL this one time I was in an orchard....

Retrieve the kernels, it is time for popcorn!

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope someone gets Kai a wetsuit and board for his troubles.