#101  Edited By ch13696
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By TwoOneFive

i like apple they make cool stuff... dorks like to hate on it though i dont see why... they try to explain it and accuse those who like apple of being mindless idiots but uh... it aint changin a thing so give it up. 

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Commando
@gamefreak9 said:
@Commando
Then again... we've never tested(i'm presuming) other products like these, i'm pretty sure all mp3 players are robust. Its not the quality, its the type of product. Also if i can go to the store today and buy two terras of external hardrive space, for 100 euros, i feel cheated when i remember that the first ipods had like 4 gigs(i think) of space and cost like 300-400 dollars. I'm Pretty sure that hard drive costs did not go down by 20000% per cent. in the last 7 years. 
To be fair, back then in 2004 a fairly high end hard drive had about 120 gigs on it and was priced at $100. Terabyte drives didn't exist to the average person back then.
It also costs a lot more to make a miniature hard drive that fits into a tiny MP3 player than to make a full size drive for a PC. If they used a full sized drive, that would be one gigantic MP3 player.
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By danimal_furry
@Cube said:
@danimal_furry said:
I don't hate Apple so much as the people who feel everything Apple makes is leaps and bounds beyond anything else (but I don't hate those people as much as just find them annoying at times). Apple is raking in dough off of saps who think they have the best product and won't listen to anyone who says otherwise. Good for Apple. That is why they are a successful business. Also, they do have some really cool tech and ideas. A lot of those things end up being done better by another company. That is what competition is all about. I guess it's my friends who annoy me most because I went from Blackberry to HTC and refuse to shell out the money for an Apple. They are kind of over-priced, and I don't want to have to spend the time to figure out how to use their desktop computer. Did I mention they are over-priced? I can't afford anything Apple makes.
What about the people like me who know Apple provides a more reliable product for them? I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend their money, but I'm willing to cover the extra money if it means I won't replace my computer for a couple more years. I find it's actually PC elitists and Android enthusiasts who scoff at my purchasing decisions. If you guys enjoy your PC or Android phone, that's awesome. If it works for you, who am I to tell you different? I wish that crowd had the same courtesy. Yes, I own an iMac and an IPhone. No, that does not mean I spent money without knowing it's a technologically "inferior" product. Yes, I can also work my way around a PC. 

It's about finding what works for you.

Like I said, it might just be the fact that my friends are annoying "Apple Heads". If it serves a good value for the price that is fine. I was only generalizing the elitist owners who go crazy for an over -priced product when they could buy a superior item for less money to serve the same purpose. I wasn't being discourtious. I was stating facts based on personal observation. Neither was I being judgemental. When people are deliberately being jerks and belittling about other's product purhases because they want to justify their own, that seems more discourtious than being realistic about the majority of what amounts to a glorified fan club and showmanship. Like I say, "you like Apple:that is fine. Just don't go out of your way to scoff when someone doesn't buy into the hype machine." to end this, I will do a comparison. Consider it like a person who buys an over-priced luxury car and goes around making fun of others who own a cheaper vehicle that works just as well... if not better (Porsche Cayenne vs. Cheap Range Rover). It is the same principle. It comes across an pure snobbery. But in some cases, that high cost vehile serves a good purpose for one's needs.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By gamefreak9
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Yanngc33

I love me some apple products. I buy them because of quality not fashion

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By probablytuna

I don't mind Apple products, I have a MacBook Pro, iPhone 3G and iPod. But it's been a while since I purchased anything from Apple.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Vexxan

My iPhone works great, worth every penny.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By Vodun

I have a MacBook Pro for work, and I really like it. There are some little things for Macs that really make them nice to work on. I would however NEVER own a Mac for entertainment as they're just too expensive and not powerful enough (not to mention no games supported).

As for phones, I feel the iPhone is too much style over function. Hardware buttons are kinda handy so you don't have to fill up your screen real estate with recurring software buttons (BACK BUTTON MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?). You can't argue against the revolution in interface design, and they make some awesome phones...but I still like my Android better.

I find all forms of "pads" useless, no matter who made them...so not gonna go any deeper there.

Personally I have no problem with Apple. Their products are fine. In the same way I have no problem with religion...but just as with Apple, the fanatics are a bit annoying. At least the Apple folk don't blow themselves up in crowds.
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By InternetCrab

B. They're just doing business. They're products are really overpriced, but i'm willing to pay for it. Even though the Ipad is extremely unnecessary. I had an Iphone though but it broke :/
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apple just trolls people like this " They're products are really overpriced, but i'm willing to pay for it." for the lulz. Their products are a joke but good on them for totally taking advantage of idiots while pretending to be serious. I know that Apple executives just sit back and laugh at all of the gullible people wiling to pay freakishly high prices for very mediocre components. 

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By gamefreak9
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
Apple just trolls people like this " They're products are really overpriced, but i'm willing to pay for it." for the lulz. Their products are a joke but good on them for totally taking advantage of idiots while pretending to be serious. I know that Apple executives just sit back and laugh at all of the gullible people wiling to pay freakishly high prices for very mediocre components. 
I think most people can't actually objectively picture logical monetary purchasing. Its like... yeah sure they have great service, but are you really attributing 50 per cent increase on hardware prices for a slightly easier time when your computer breaks down once every 2 years? Doesn't make sense to me, its like me waiting a few (insert time period) days longer isn't worth 1k more.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I clicked C.

Mainly because you wrote "your stupid" as it's meant to be "you're stupid"

and Apple doesn't really bother me.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#114  Edited By melcene

Apple is like Alienware.  Overpriced crap just for a name.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By gamefreak9
@WoodenPlatypus said:

I clicked C.

*turns on sarcasm*your are smart, cool and witty. Congratulations. *turns sarcasm off *
I'm afraid the correct grammar spelling is "i clicked on option c" or even "i clicked on c". 
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

@WoodenPlatypus said:

I clicked C.

*turns on sarcasm*your are smart, cool and witty. Congratulations. *turns sarcasm off *
I'm afraid the correct grammar spelling is "i clicked on option c" or even "i clicked on c". 

@gamefreak9: 
Oh lawd I guess I just got schooled.
However sir (just to be an absolute dick as I'm doing nothing better at this very moment)

I think you will find the "correct grammar spelling" for your correction would be "I clicked on option C" or even "I clicked on C" it seems you wrote "i" instead of "I"

Now can't we all just be friends?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By gamefreak9
@WoodenPlatypus said:

@WoodenPlatypus said:

I clicked C.

@gamefreak9: 
Oh lawd I guess I just got schooled.
However sir (just to be an absolute dick as I'm doing nothing better at this very moment)

I think you will find the "correct grammar spelling" for your correction would be "I clicked on option C" or even "I clicked on C" it seems you wrote "i" instead of "I"

Now can't we all just be friends?

come on, the point of my dickish comment was to make you realize your being a dick so you would stop, not continue the dicking process. 
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

@gamefreak9
That's like pouring petrol on a fire, if you wish to simply improve the situation don't feed the dickhead (being me)

I will take this time to apologise for my actions, I forget everyone doesn't have the same sense of humour or taste for sarcasm as I do but I assure you I wasn't out to get you or your grammar in my first comment. Hence asking if we could just be friends at the end of my second comment.

We all good now we understand each other? :P

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By time allen

i don't like apple and i think their pricing is pretty insane. last apple product i bought was a second gen nano.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By gamefreak9
@Toms115
What gen of nano are we at now?
@WoodenPlatypus

Oh i wasn't mad... i meant to finish my post with a :P. Yes we are all one big happy family!
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

@gamefreak9
Ah good :)

We best stop our conversation now as we're clogging the thread with our amazing conversation :/

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:
@example1013 said:
@mrv321: As to the whole smart phone market thing: Android has the single most fractured userbase I've seen in a long time. Many people are still using Android 2.2 because of custom OEM mods that haven't been updated. There are probably at least 100 different android phone models, compared to 4 iPhone models. Android phones work with every major carrier in the U.S., while iPhone only uses 2. The differences between user experience of the different custom versions of Android (motoBlur, Sense, stock, etc. etc.) almost make it into a separate program visually. I'd be shocked if Android weren't the leading smart phone OS, and the fact that Apple was in first for years while only being on one carrier is quite amusing.
Apple choose not to release their phone on more than one carrier for such a long time, how is that anyway Androids fault? Apple choose not release their OS to other manafacturers, how is that Android fault. You also have FREEDOM on Android, you can update your phone, flash it, custom roms... etc. The stock experience is fine for most people, the power users have THE CHOICE to install custom ROMS.Apple was first for years, they lost it. Becuase they are stubborn and don't allow openness at all. It's APPLES fault.

LOL@ the ubutnu fanboy.

who the fuck are you to tell others what product to buy?

I've never got the apple haters. Infact anyone that hates on an inanimate object and company...it's fucking hilarious.

I buy mac's as they just work and I prefer the user experience. I can afford to spend a little extra on a product and experience I like. I'm not going to balk at your preferred user experience, as that's, to be perfectly honest, being a complete dick.

Just a quick note, though, android while a great OS, is fragmented to fuck. Yeah, they have far more units out there, but that's because it's on every shitty handset out there. (before you point out, yeah, there are some fantastic handsets out there

There are so many things to get pissed off at in the world, to speak up for, yet we are arguing over an OS and a hardware manufacturer?

Sometimes the gaming community are just fucking retards. (myself included)
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Otacon

I love my MBP, have had it since mid 2008 and have not had a single issue, sure I kind of lament the fact that I don't have many gaming options for it but I knew that going in. Hoping it will last me a few more years until I have to upgrade and then will assess whether to get a Mac again or not, but its likely that I will. Apple do make superb products with incredible build quality that I just haven't seen in other products. The price you pay is still perhaps too much but for the reliability my MBP has given me over the past 3 years I would definitely consider paying it again when I do upgrade in a year or two.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By gamefreak9
@hunkaburningluv
The biggest thing to get pissed off about the world is close mindedness, i am not invested in one product, i have abit of everything, i don't particularly like a specific company, but objectively Apple is greatly overpriced, they would deserve to be on top if they had par prices, but the way things are now, you get the worst value deal. 

I Do hate brainwashed people "the user experience", that was like part of their marketing campaign, you don't even realize your just blindly repeating things. "They just work"? can you even hear yourself? I actually use a pc and a mac here at home, and you know, its the same shit, for 99 per cent of users, you click on the browser button, then search w/e you want. For me i have to use final cut pro, which was my preferred program till i got proficient with Avid. And Iphoto was cool until i learned about Picasso. Nowadays, i don't see where any of the value went, i think Macs just have a safety net somewhere, aka no virus, but most people who know what they are doing, don't get viruses, so it really is for the non-tech-savvy crowd. 

As for the phones, well i own a nokia black and white 33 model :P, so i'm kind of out of date, but they do all look the same. Though i am disappointed when i meet people who own iphones without internet or non-free apps, thats when you know its a fashion statement... whats the point of having a high end phone if your going to get the same utility as a phone like mine thats 10 dollars at a store. 
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@gamefreak9 said:
@hunkaburningluv
The biggest thing to get pissed off about the world is close mindedness, i am not invested in one product, i have abit of everything, i don't particularly like a specific company, but objectively Apple is greatly overpriced, they would deserve to be on top if they had par prices, but the way things are now, you get the worst value deal. 

I Do hate brainwashed people "the user experience", that was like part of their marketing campaign, you don't even realize your just blindly repeating things. "They just work"? can you even hear yourself? I actually use a pc and a mac here at home, and you know, its the same shit, for 99 per cent of users, you click on the browser button, then search w/e you want. For me i have to use final cut pro, which was my preferred program till i got proficient with Avid. And Iphoto was cool until i learned about Picasso. Nowadays, i don't see where any of the value went, i think Macs just have a safety net somewhere, aka no virus, but most people who know what they are doing, don't get viruses, so it really is for the non-tech-savvy crowd. 

As for the phones, well i own a nokia black and white 33 model :P, so i'm kind of out of date, but they do all look the same. Though i am disappointed when i meet people who own iphones without internet or non-free apps, thats when you know its a fashion statement... whats the point of having a high end phone if your going to get the same utility as a phone like mine thats 10 dollars at a store. 

closeminded?, can't you see the irony in your post? Your just as equally closeminded bud. lol

I chose to buy Apple. I am not some brainwashed idiot. I am perfectly proficient in both ios and windows. I can solve 99% of the day to day issues that crop up too. But at my time when I switched, I was getting far more problems with my windows machine. I deal with windows at my workplace and I'll tell ya, it's a pain in the arse. I have no such issues with my macs - I can count on one hand the issues I've had in 7 odd years. 

I'm not some douche that sees their mac as the latest fashion accessory and to be honest, I don't fucking like being talked to like one either. Out of the entire market I chose a mac - not because it was from 'apple' but because I like the os and I hope this does annoy you, the way it just works too - no issues with installation, finding drivers, etc...it just simply works. Yeah, it's marketing shit, but it's kinda true.

If it was a sony or toshiba laptop that did the same thing, I'd be using that.

I had no issue paying the extra few quid. But isn't that kinda the point? if someone perceives value in something and uses their own cash for it, who the fuck are we to question it? 

Xsheps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Xsheps

I actually do not see much of a price differential between Apple and its competitors at low- and mid-price points.  Only at the high end (i.e. Mac Pros) do I see the so-called Apple taxes.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cstrang

Alright, granted I don't have an iPhone (at this point, I can't justify the data plan price.  I'm just not that important), but I don't really like how Apple does business.  And when I say that, I mean it's a perfectly ingenious business model as long as the consumers keep eating it up, I just hate that people let it work so well.

Apple gets by on having a pretty okay product that is sleek-looking, then, every year or so, releasing a new version that possesses only incrementally better features at their typical, premium price.  It only works because so many consumers are dumb...

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By gamefreak9
@hunkaburningluv
no i don't see the irony in my close minded comment, as i was referring to being open for discussion which you were dismissing as video game nerd childishness. 

Well i dno, i do hear alot about problems with windows, but i've had the same desktop for like 15 years(i do upgrade it) and though i did get some viruses when i was younger, once you know how to look around/format, i've had no problems, though i do like to wipe once a year. If it came across as though i was putting you into the fashion crowd, then sorry, that wasn't the point, i actually thought to bring this up in video game forums since i expect geeks to suck at fashion but rule at utility. 

I haven't bought a new pc in awhile but i'm pretty sure you don't have to deal with drivers or other types of installations from the box, aka its all built in, now for maintenance purposes, maybe its needed though. 

I can't argue against the subjectivity of value when it comes to services, though i do doubt how useful a benchmark it is because of how rarely you actually go there. But in terms of performance, i like to think its pretty objective, surely if your a gamer, and your proficient with windows, you should perceive that the extra bucks your spending aren't value efficient. I like to think that gamers are ahead of the curve on tech stuff, i'm not saying your reasons aren't good, but that they aren't enough, surely you can see how its a little unethical to charge so much. 

@xsheps

I'm pretty sure that a windows computer that can play... i dno starcraft 2 maxed out is at least 75 per cent the price of the mac. Though its more apparent in sheer numbers later on, i think the proportion is similar at all levels. Aka you might no realize there much difference between a 750 computer to a 1000 but it becomes more apparent when its 3000 to 2250,

edit: actually now that i think about it, the proportion might get more ridiculous... i think i've seen a similarly speced apple computer for 3000 when the windows was 1500.
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By mrv321
@hunkaburningluv:

You do realize I'm suggest he TRY a FREE operating system, Ubuntu is FREE... completely free, no tax, just cover the 700mb download, burn to CD or USB and your done. I mean I'm suggesting he do something of NO financial cost in order to IMPROVE his knowledge of a product he has never used.

I admire them, they are genuises, they sell a product to people who don't need it.

'Your a student, doing minor graphics design, don't get a Windows laptop they ALL get viruses, pay the extra and get our fancy machines so you don't look like a buisness man or cheapskate.'

There's two type of sales, one really easy the other really hard. The first type is selling a product to someone who needs or wants it, selling a car to someone who needs to drive, this is easy. The other is selling a product to someone who doesn't need it, this is so much harder, but when you achieve it then you have people in your pocket.

Apple costs a lot more, that is pretty much a fact. From PC to Phone. I will give them that they've done well.

BUT TELL ME, BULLET POINT FORM WHY.

MAC OSX is BETTER than Ubuntu/Windows
iPhone better than the top range Droid/WP7 device
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@gamefreak9 said:
@hunkaburningluv
no i don't see the irony in my close minded comment, as i was referring to being open for discussion which you were dismissing as video game nerd childishness. 

Well i dno, i do hear alot about problems with windows, but i've had the same desktop for like 15 years(i do upgrade it) and though i did get some viruses when i was younger, once you know how to look around/format, i've had no problems, though i do like to wipe once a year. If it came across as though i was putting you into the fashion crowd, then sorry, that wasn't the point, i actually thought to bring this up in video game forums since i expect geeks to suck at fashion but rule at utility. 

I haven't bought a new pc in awhile but i'm pretty sure you don't have to deal with drivers or other types of installations from the box, aka its all built in, now for maintenance purposes, maybe its needed though. 

I can't argue against the subjectivity of value when it comes to services, though i do doubt how useful a benchmark it is because of how rarely you actually go there. But in terms of performance, i like to think its pretty objective, surely if your a gamer, and your proficient with windows, you should perceive that the extra bucks your spending aren't value efficient. I like to think that gamers are ahead of the curve on tech stuff, i'm not saying your reasons aren't good, but that they aren't enough, surely you can see how its a little unethical to charge so much. 

it did look as you put it across that I was one of the fashion crowd - hence the offence I took :0p

that's the thing dude, I'm not a major PC gamer - sure I play starcraft 2 and have a few games downloaded form steam, but I would rather play my 360 or PS3  on my couch to be perfectly honest. Even if i did wish to game, I'd have a gaming rig only and use my mac for everything else.

I do agree you pay more for a mac, but I can honestly say that I've never had the same level of customer service. I've had parts replaced out of warranty for free, even when it's been my fault - My charging cable got replaced gratis and I got a new battery when the diagnostic showed that it wasn't holding the charge as much for the amount of charges it got -  I never had that level from anywhere else. There's no issue - take it to the apple store and they'll fix it there and then and if they can't you get a new one - none of this sending it to the shop and doing without for days/weeks.

Then there's the perceived value of things too let's take a VW and an AUDI - they use the same parts/components, but you don't hear people going on about how unethical it is for the Audi to be more expensive. In many cases they are made in the same plant. 

IMO the value of getting my shit fixed if there's a problem without hassle, the user experience (I just prefer OSX now) to windows now. That's why I choose to use a mac. Not because I'm brainwashed or anything like that, because I like them.

My point is that why should we bitch and moan about those who use a particular brand? It's got nothing to do with us what others spend their own cash on. It's all personal opinion and choice what we use - I wouldn't think to tell you you are dick for using say, a PS3 or whatever, what gives others the right to think that they can?

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv: You do realize I'm suggest he TRY a FREE operating system, Ubuntu is FREE... completely free, no tax, just cover the 700mb download, burn to CD or USB and your done. I mean I'm suggesting he do something of NO financial cost in order to IMPROVE his knowledge of a product he has never used. I admire them, they are genuises, they sell a product to people who don't need it.'Your a student, doing minor graphics design, don't get a Windows laptop they ALL get viruses, pay the extra and get our fancy machines so you don't look like a buisness man or cheapskate.' There's two type of sales, one really easy the other really hard. The first type is selling a product to someone who needs or wants it, selling a car to someone who needs to drive, this is easy. The other is selling a product to someone who doesn't need it, this is so much harder, but when you achieve it then you have people in your pocket.Apple costs a lot more, that is pretty much a fact. From PC to Phone. I will give them that they've done well.BUT TELL ME, BULLET POINT FORM WHY.MAC OSX is BETTER than Ubuntu/WindowsiPhone better than the top range Droid/WP7 device

lol - why do you need to reduce everything to bullet points?

I've already said why I prefer macs - it's just the overall experience I get from using the platform. It's not that one is better than the other, it probably never has been - it's a preference - you prefer to use ubutnu as others prefer to use windows or macs.

I will say one thing though - having had a good play with a droid phone - they are great, but the 'open-ness' of the platform, IMO was going to be it's downfall - but that's why google is trying to make it a bit more of a 'closed' environment. 

For me, sometimes open-ness can fragment the user base and dilute the user experience. 
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132  Edited By MysteriousBob

I own a MacBook, though not by choice.

This week I forgot my power cable so I thought I should buy a new one.

They cost no less than £31.

No third party cables exist.

Fuck you Apple, you greedy self-righteous cunts.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By MysteriousBob
@hunkaburningluv: What the fuck is a 'user experience'?

What the fuck are you even talking about? You're just spouting generic buzzwords like in one of Apple's ultra-smug marketing campaigns.

The only practical value OSX has is its ability to edit videos.
Thats it. Everything else is better with PC software.

People who choose Apple products are out of their god damn minds. Not a single one here can rationalise their purchases with practical logic. Its always "its nice". Or "its sexy". Useless garbage, if I wanted a machine thats pretty I'd just paint my god damn tower.
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Nasar7

Sure Apple products are a bit pricy but in my experience, you get what you pay for. My mid 2007 Macbook Pro is still going strong, no problems at all. My friend's HP laptop from 2 years ago just crapped out on him, just as an example. And in many cases, their products are best in class, ie iPhone, iPad, iPod, and I would say, Macbook/Pro. Only when it comes to their desktops would I rather have the versatility of a PC (but that's only for games mostly). I think the GB editors share this sentiment too, PC desktop for games, MBP notebook for everything else.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MysteriousBob said:
@hunkaburningluv: What the fuck is a 'user experience'?

What the fuck are you even talking about? You're just spouting generic buzzwords like in one of Apple's ultra-smug marketing campaigns.

The only practical value OSX has is its ability to edit videos.
Thats it. Everything else is better with PC software.

People who choose Apple products are out of their god damn minds. Not a single one here can rationalise their purchases with practical logic. Its always "its nice". Or "its sexy". Useless garbage, if I wanted a machine thats pretty I'd just paint my god damn tower.

you're a bit of a dick aren't you? an ill-informed dick at that... I far prefer Logic for music composition/recording/editing over any of the free or windows alternatives. 

I'm talking about the fact that and I'm deliberately using another 'buzz word/term' just to piss you off - that it 'just works' no driver issues, no installation issues everything works together easily. I've alway felt and still do with my work PC's that you are 'fighting' with the OS. Shit just works. 

Now, if you're retarded enough to forget your charging cable, then it's down to you you dolt, not the prices for the cable. 

I can easily rationalise my purchase - I like the os, the performance, the interoperability and the fact that I get great customer service if something goes wrong. That's my purchase completely rationalised for me. Stop being a dick and have a cookie or a wank, either way you'll be a bit calmer and hopefully less of a spastic

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mrv321
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv: You do realize I'm suggest he TRY a FREE operating system, Ubuntu is FREE... completely free, no tax, just cover the 700mb download, burn to CD or USB and your done. I mean I'm suggesting he do something of NO financial cost in order to IMPROVE his knowledge of a product he has never used. I admire them, they are genuises, they sell a product to people who don't need it.'Your a student, doing minor graphics design, don't get a Windows laptop they ALL get viruses, pay the extra and get our fancy machines so you don't look like a buisness man or cheapskate.' There's two type of sales, one really easy the other really hard. The first type is selling a product to someone who needs or wants it, selling a car to someone who needs to drive, this is easy. The other is selling a product to someone who doesn't need it, this is so much harder, but when you achieve it then you have people in your pocket.Apple costs a lot more, that is pretty much a fact. From PC to Phone. I will give them that they've done well.BUT TELL ME, BULLET POINT FORM WHY.MAC OSX is BETTER than Ubuntu/WindowsiPhone better than the top range Droid/WP7 device

I've already said why I prefer macs - it's just the overall experience I get from using the platform. It's not that one is better than the other, it probably never has been - it's a preference - you prefer to use ubutnu as others prefer to use windows or macs.

I will say one thing though - having had a good play with a droid phone - they are great, but the 'open-ness' of the platform, IMO was going to be it's downfall - but that's why google is trying to make it a bit more of a 'closed' environment. 

For me, sometimes open-ness can fragment the user base and dilute the user experience. 
In ESSAY form, why mac is better, using actual facts to back up personal preferance... I just would have imagine 5 bullet points would have been easy to come up with. I suppose not.

I have NO issue with you prefering MACs, I have ISSUE with you not trying Linux, have you ever used a distro for a week? If so which one and when? If not then you prefer MAC over windows, fair enough, your opinion.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#137  Edited By Tireyo

I chose B.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#138  Edited By Brendan

This is a terribly biased poll.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Arker101

I don't have anything against Apple lovers, in fact, I have an awesome (used) iTouch. Having iTunes and other software sync through everything, and the art creation tools do sound like a good deal, but the pricing and my personal tastes turn me off to them. I've never heard of a powerful gaming mac, or one that has two mouse buttons.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#140  Edited By crusader8463
@TwoOneFive said:
i like apple they make cool stuff... dorks like to hate on it though i dont see why... they try to explain it and accuse those who like apple of being mindless idiots but uh... it aint changin a thing so give it up. 
I love that this was posted right after that info graphic of why you should not buy a mac. Made my day.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Arker101 said:
I don't have anything against Apple lovers, in fact, I have an awesome (used) iTouch. Having iTunes and other software sync through everything, and the art creation tools do sound like a good deal, but the pricing and my personal tastes turn me off to them. I've never heard of a powerful gaming mac, or one that has two mouse buttons.

both the mighty mouse and magic mouse have two mouse buttons bud. But you are right, that's another plus point to be honest - spec wise a 3/4 year old mac might be 'out of date' but it will still run like the clappers.....
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:

In ESSAY form, why mac is better, using actual facts to back up personal preferance... I just would have imagine 5 bullet points would have been easy to come up with. I suppose not.I have NO issue with you prefering MACs, I have ISSUE with you not trying Linux, have you ever used a distro for a week? If so which one and when? If not then you prefer MAC over windows, fair enough, your opinion.

can't you read? I've already stated why I chose to buy a mac. It's there and plain to see, if you can't be arsed to read my posts, then I'm not putting them into a fucking list for for you.

Also, why should I be forced to try linux or ubutnu or what ever? I'll be honest, I don't have the want nor the need to fuck about with a new os just because some fanboy wants to force feed me it. I like my mac, I probably won't ever change to another os for the time being. It just works and it serves my needs incredibly well at the moment. So save the fanboy hating pish and get off your soapbox.

Yoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143  Edited By Yoghurt

I despise the iPhone (why should I pay RIDICOULOUS price for it when I can get something similar or better, in terms of looks and user friendliness?), but macs are the only laptops I buy, not for the looks, but for awesome battery life, neat OS and software. Also -  I've got decent PC and console to play on, so fuck the "no games" issue.

All I wanted to say - the above poll is not accurate enough, I'm not an apple douche, nor am I hater of anything Jobs did. There'sa lot of people who displease one apple product (iPhone sems to get the most hate) and have no issues with having another one. And I'm somewhere between the first option (their prices are fucking crazy) and the second one (nevertheless - I buy mac when I need one, but with a discount or when there's some sale for the last year display model)
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Yoghurt said:
I despise the iPhone (why should I pay RIDICOULOUS price for it when I can get something similar or better, in terms of looks and user friendliness?), but macs are the only laptops I buy, not for the looks, but for awesome battery life, neat OS and software. Also -  I've got decent PC and console to play on, so fuck the "no games" issue.

All I wanted to say - the above poll is not accurate enough, I'm not an apple douche, nor am I hater of anything Jobs did. There'sa lot of people who displease one apple product (iPhone sems to get the most hate) and have no issues with having another one. And I'm somewhere between the first option (their prices are fucking crazy) and the second one (nevertheless - I buy mac when I need one, but with a discount or when there's some sale for the last year display model)

I'll be honest, I got a great deal on my iphone, so I'm happy with it - but I had the patience to wait almost a year after release. I don't need the newest hotness, just something that does what I need it to do. 
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mrv321
@hunkaburningluv: It works well compared to past experience, try something new... IT'S FREE. Jesus, it could help YOU.

Hey look n apple zealot not willing to try anything new because they believe what they have is enough... No wonder why apple can get away with it, because your all too sure on Apple being the best.

I asked for you to try Ubuntu, personally I set up my Ubuntu to give blow-jobs and make me millions each day, too bad you won't get to use this. See a Windows user, the smart ones atleast bother to educate themselves instead of being so stubborn.

Have you tried a Linux OS? Ever.
Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Arker101
@hunkaburningluv said:

@Arker101 said:

both the mighty mouse and magic mouse have two mouse buttons bud. But you are right, that's another plus point to be honest - spec wise a 3/4 year old mac might be 'out of date' but it will still run like the clappers.....
Yeah, I was trying to find a rock to throw at apple, but after seeing that chart that  @crusader8463: mentioned, man, Apple is overpriced. I didn't fact check, but if any of that is remotely true then just wow. 
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Shadow

Apple stuff works and never has problems outside of bad user-made app programming

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:

@hunkaburningluv: It works well compared to past experience, try something new... IT'S FREE. Jesus, it could help YOU.Hey look n apple zealot not willing to try anything new because they believe what they have is enough... No wonder why apple can get away with it, because your all too sure on Apple being the best.I asked for you to try Ubuntu, personally I set up my Ubuntu to give blow-jobs and make me millions each day, too bad you won't get to use this. See a Windows user, the smart ones atleast bother to educate themselves instead of being so stubborn.Have you tried a Linux OS? Ever.

apple is far 'from the best' dude - it just suits my needs the best at the moment. I've told you, I've really not got the want to fuck about with a new os and all the apps that go with it. Why should I go out of my way to run linux/whatever? Is it going to save me time when I use logic? is it going to make my movie editing and dvd burning more efficient without having to re-familiarise myself with a new app? if something goes wrong with my machine, can I take it to the linux store and get a replacement then and there if need be? what about driver issues? 

I don't think so, I understand that ubutnu and linux are pretty cool os's, but I don't want to deal with the shite that comes with an open source system....sorry dude, you might like getting blowjobs from your tower pc, but I don't. Deal with it.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#149  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

In the graphic design world, we use Macs. The interface is easier to work with, and man, printing is so much easier and smoother on a Mac than a PC. PCs do graphics well, too. But Macs still seem to outperform them slightly.

That said, I do like PCs as well, and am in the process of building a PC. And the Mac vs. PC people are no better than the Xbox vs. PS3 people. It's all just a bunch of spewed bullshit. If you care that much about this topic that you have to bash the other side relentlessly, I suggest you get a therapist. Because you definitely have issues you need to take care of.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Arker101 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:

@Arker101 said:

Yeah, I was trying to find a rock to throw at apple, but after seeing that chart that  @crusader8463: mentioned, man, Apple is overpriced. I didn't fact check, but if any of that is remotely true then just wow. 

I think it's an old page, the prices for a mac pro are high, but it's not as expensive as that. BUT it is a high end desktop, so it's going to be expensive. I will totally agree that the prices for the RAM are extortionate, but anyone that's pricing a mac pro will know that....

@PrivateIronTFU said: 
In the graphic design world, we use Macs. The interface is easier to work with, and man, printing is so much easier and smoother on a Mac than a PC. PCs do graphics well, too. But Macs still seem to outperform them slightly.

That said, I do like PCs as well, and am in the process of building a PC. And the Mac vs. PC people are no better than the Xbox vs. PS3 people. It's all just a bunch of spewed bullshit. If you care that much about this topic that you have to bash the other side relentlessly, I suggest you get a therapist. Because you definitely have issues you need to take care of.
well said, who gives a crap what people use?